Register

User Tag List

Thread: Survivor rework

weed Survivor rework

I AM NOT A DONOR, I JUST WANT TO SHARE AN IDEA

(I am not allowed to post anything in here(I didnt find a delete button), if it will be a problem, please delete my thread)
    Acc: Alzheimer
    Acc ID: 2-S2-1-5432506

We all know that moment when u become a Survivor, pretty boring for almost all Mafia players.

Only what Survivor can do is that he can put a vest on.
    I have an idea about giving a Survivor another skill, something like an alert.

Idea is that Survivor for his survive, can use a vest or go for an alert(only 1-2 times), in the alert mode he is able to kill a killing role who is targeting him in order to survive, what can makes him more playable role and more surviving role(He is a Survivor after all).

If you think that it will be too OP - Survivor needs 1 night in order to switch vest for a gun.

Thank you for ur time, René.
    Last edited by Alzheimer; May 13th, 2020 at 07:34 AM.

Re: Survivor rework

The Survivor is a very powerful role if used correctly, it’s by no means unfun.
    The idea of a neutral Veteran is interesting - but this ability doesn’t belong with the Survivor. Killing others is fundamentally against the Survivor’s wincon. He doesn’t care if others die or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    lmao he is the baby in your picture

Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Survivor should be allowed to search the town for hidden immunity idols which s/he can then use after the votes are cast but before they are read to nullify any votes cast against her/him
    YES! Survivor would be able to prove himself with the idols and such if he were ever voted on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    The idea of a neutral Veteran is interesting - but this ability doesn’t belong with the Survivor. Killing others is fundamentally against the Survivor’s wincon. He doesn’t care if others die or not.
    I don't think survivor should have a killing ability, but what you said makes no sense. Not caring if others die means exactly that. He. Doesn't. Care. Everybody else dying should be OK with survivor because every death on either alignment brings him closer to his win condition. Give survivors a "kill everybody else" ability and they'll hit it on night 1 every time because they only care about their own survival and getting rid of those who can potentially kill them and ending the game is how you achieve that.

In a way, he's the opposite of the veteran. The veteran only wants to kill the evil roles, but he kills anyone without control. The survivor wants anyone and everyone else to die, but he's completely harmless.

Survivor should be allowed to search the town for hidden immunity idols which s/he can then use after the votes are cast but before they are read to nullify any votes cast against her/him
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcron View Post
    YES! Survivor would be able to prove himself with the idols and such if he were ever voted on.
    what

Executioner serves the role of the powerful kingmaker but better. It's why I'm glad exe is having his immunity removed in 2.0.

In addition, everyone hates the Survivor because its often associated with shitty evil claims. Townies lynch surv claims instantly. Mafia/NK will hit and assume you are the other NI evil role they dislike and will use the town's hatred of survivor to get you killed. And you have no faction. Everyone hates you, and your only ability is four vests.

It's why I rolequit survivor. Change my mind.
    https://imgur.com/a/NqMwElZ fuck it heres all the sc2mafia pics i would have put in the sig

Quote Originally Posted by Grakylan View Post
    Executioner serves the role of the powerful kingmaker but better. It's why I'm glad exe is having his immunity removed in 2.0.

In addition, everyone hates the Survivor because its often associated with shitty evil claims. Townies lynch surv claims instantly. Mafia/NK will hit and assume you are the other NI evil role they dislike and will use the town's hatred of survivor to get you killed. And you have no faction. Everyone hates you, and your only ability is four vests.

It's why I rolequit survivor. Change my mind.
    Armorsmith + Survivor op.
    (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)ﻭ 레드벨벳 ! ! ٩(♡ε♡ )۶

I personally have gotten lynched more often as town than as survivor.
    Ideally, this is just my personal opinion but the optimal strategy as survivor is to side with the town because the town can lynch you - the mafia have to get through your night immunity to do that. So effectively you have to be really aggressive. That pretty much guarantees you will win in the ideal case. Especially if you become town leader (which btw you can definitely do as survivor).
    In any event, the survivor does not need to become a Veteran. His night-killing ability shouldn’t be there there as the only thing it does is force players to be more wary of visiting the survivor. This is more likely to kill town than mafia... the mafia don’t visit survivors. Survivors are usually scummy enough so that doesn’t happen. You’re just tilting the balance of power in favour of the Mafia - investigatives check survivors.

The vests work well as they currently do. You’re effectively adding an extra KPN and more WIFOM around visiting survivor claims - WIFOM which shouldn’t exist. It affects both of the main factions disproportionately, even though the survivor really doesn’t care who wins or loses.
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    lmao he is the baby in your picture

What part are you struggling with?
    Actually I re-read what you said and I think I understand what you two are going on about. I believe you want to introduce a reality show element from the tv show survivor into the game? There's an idol hidden on the island and it prevents others from voting you out? I think that's how it works in that show? Kinda conflicts with the theme of the game though. Survivor in mafia is more of a survivalist/nuclear bunker in basement/toilet paper hoarder type, not a reality show contestant.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvanas View Post
    Actually I re-read what you said and I think I understand what you two are going on about. I believe you want to introduce a reality show element from the tv show survivor into the game? There's an idol hidden on the island and it prevents others from voting you out? I think that's how it works in that show? Kinda conflicts with the theme of the game though. Survivor in mafia is more of a survivalist/nuclear bunker in basement/toilet paper hoarder type, not a reality show contestant.
    Why shouldn't it be a reality show contestant? Who says it can't be?
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

In any event, the survivor does not need to become a Veteran. His night-killing ability shouldn’t be there there as the only thing it does is force players to be more wary of visiting the survivor. This is more likely to kill town than mafia... the mafia don’t visit survivors. Survivors are usually scummy enough so that doesn’t happen.
    Not to mention you will end up with even MORE survivor claims lynched/jailed and exe'd: since now instead of like 50%, its 80% likely to be anti-town since either its fake claim for gf/dh/nk, or that surv will betray town by shooting the town invests that are about to be on his ass.
    https://imgur.com/a/NqMwElZ fuck it heres all the sc2mafia pics i would have put in the sig