lmaooo anyone who still supports trump is actually a genuine fucking dumbass
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 110
  1. #1

  2. #2
    Ganelon
    Guest

    Re: lmaooo anyone who still supports trump is actually a genuine fucking dumbass

    not his proudest moment, no - but is it THAT bad? the worst thing you can really say about that is that it's irresponsible to say that on TV without at least warning people.

    that being said, while the question does seem pretty naive, it isn't a _bad_ question per se.

  3. #3

  4. #4

  5. #5

    Re: lmaooo anyone who still supports trump is actually a genuine fucking dumbass

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    not his proudest moment, no - but is it THAT bad? the worst thing you can really say about that is that it's irresponsible to say that on TV without at least warning people.

    that being said, while the question does seem pretty naive, it isn't a _bad_ question per se.
    The point here is that if you don't have the brains to not tell people to inject their lungs with bleach, you definitely don't have the brains to not tell people to do less dangerous things.

    For example saying "The Michigan governor is bad!" might lead people to protest maskless at the governor's building which would cause corona virus contagions which could cause death.

    FM XVII: Bonney Jewelry (Journalist)
    FM XVIII: Kalou (Savage Godfather)
    FM XX: Joseph Bertrand (Marshall)
    FM XXI: USA (Escort)
    FM XV: Whiskey (Whore)

  6. #6

    Re: lmaooo anyone who still supports trump is actually a genuine fucking dumbass

    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    The point here is that if you don't have the brains to not tell people to inject their lungs with bleach, you definitely don't have the brains to not tell people to do less dangerous things.

    For example saying "The Michigan governor is bad!" might lead people to protest maskless at the governor's building which would cause corona virus contagions which could cause death.
    It's pretty fucking bad.

    FM XVII: Bonney Jewelry (Journalist)
    FM XVIII: Kalou (Savage Godfather)
    FM XX: Joseph Bertrand (Marshall)
    FM XXI: USA (Escort)
    FM XV: Whiskey (Whore)

  7. #7

    Re: lmaooo anyone who still supports trump is actually a genuine fucking dumbass

    he issued a statement later claiming it was sarcasm, but I cannot see how that video could possibly be sarcasm



    That being said, I don't think people supporting trump are all dumbasses. At the end of the day some people will always vote red and some will always vote blue, regardless of the candidate.
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

  8. #8

    Re: lmaooo anyone who still supports trump is actually a genuine fucking dumbass

    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    The point here is that if you don't have the brains to not tell people to inject their lungs with bleach, you definitely don't have the brains to not tell people to do less dangerous things.

    For example saying "The Michigan governor is bad!" might lead people to protest maskless at the governor's building which would cause corona virus contagions which could cause death.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/17/u...governors.html

    Pls pls pls get to elections ASAP...
    Spoiler : Quotes :
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    God is a goofy loser.

  9. #9

    Re: lmaooo anyone who still supports trump is actually a genuine fucking dumbass

    I doubt anyone is going to start drinking bleach because of what Trump said. In fact, the main consequence of this clip is people bashing Trump and his supporters. Trump didn't even explicitly suggest Americans drink bleach. This is a press conference, not an official message to the public. He was suggesting that somebody TEST disinfectants. Of course that sounds stupid initially, since injecting Tide Pods is a "cure" that originated from Facebook, but it's just a suggestion. No need to freak out over this.
    Last edited by theoneceko; April 24th, 2020 at 04:53 PM.

  10. #10
    Ganelon
    Guest

    Re: lmaooo anyone who still supports trump is actually a genuine fucking dumbass

    Quote Originally Posted by theoneceko View Post
    I doubt anyone is going to start drinking bleach because of what Trump said. In fact, the main consequence of this clip is people bashing Trump and his supporters. Trump didn't even explicitly suggest Americans drink bleach. This is a press conference, not an official message to the public. He was suggesting that somebody test disinfectants. Of course that's stupid, but it's just a suggestion. No need to freak out over this.
    i agree. Itís what bothers me about this entire thing

  11. #11

    Re: lmaooo anyone who still supports trump is actually a genuine fucking dumbass

    Quote Originally Posted by theoneceko View Post
    I doubt anyone is going to start drinking bleach because of what Trump said. In fact, the main consequence of this clip is people bashing Trump and his supporters. Trump didn't even explicitly suggest Americans drink bleach. This is a press conference, not an official message to the public. He was suggesting that somebody TEST disinfectants. Of course that sounds stupid initially, since injecting Tide Pods is a "cure" that originated from Facebook, but it's just a suggestion. No need to freak out over this.
    I think the thing is, that him suggesting this as a possible cure they should research, is just a great soundbite of him sounding stupid AS FUCK. No, he was not telling people to do it, but he was asking scientists to look into it. It's just an example of him being undeniably stupid as hell, which a lot of people are jumping on because many of his supporters say he's a genius.
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

  12. #12

    Re: lmaooo anyone who still supports trump is actually a genuine fucking dumbass

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    I think the thing is, that him suggesting this as a possible cure they should research, is just a great soundbite of him sounding stupid AS FUCK. No, he was not telling people to do it, but he was asking scientists to look into it. It's just an example of him being undeniably stupid as hell, which a lot of people are jumping on because many of his supporters say he's a genius.
    He is a BIG BRAIN THO. AND EVEN BIGGER COCK!!

    As usual, aamirus sums things up quite nicely. UwU. UWU JAR JAR!! OWO JAR JAR.

    Lmao let's develop a tide pod vaccine

  13. #13
    Ganelon
    Guest

    Re: lmaooo anyone who still supports trump is actually a genuine fucking dumbass

    Quote Originally Posted by theoneceko View Post
    He is a BIG BRAIN THO. AND EVEN BIGGER COCK!!

    As usual, aamirus sums things up quite nicely. UwU. UWU JAR JAR!! OWO JAR JAR.

    Lmao let's develop a tide pod vaccine
    Fuck that, MMS is the way to go.
    Combined with injecting smoke from burning 5G towers into your bloodstream

  14. #14

    Re: lmaooo anyone who still supports trump is actually a genuine fucking dumbass

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    I think the thing is, that him suggesting this as a possible cure they should research, is just a great soundbite of him sounding stupid AS FUCK. No, he was not telling people to do it, but he was asking scientists to look into it. It's just an example of him being undeniably stupid as hell, which a lot of people are jumping on because many of his supporters say he's a genius.
    Normally people in leadership have to watch what they say the most because there are consequences to public statements. This has been a repeatable pattern for this dude; Having no concern for consequences of turd brainstorming sessions while in a position that affects the literal lives of hundreds of millions of people is just one more example to add to the very long list. If you're still empathizing with this dude, I dunno mate. You do you.

  15. #15

  16. #16

    Re: lmaooo anyone who still supports trump is actually a genuine fucking dumbass

    My favorite way to search for news right now is to use the -trump modifier on google. It cuts out all the political bullshit from both the right and the left, leaving raw news surprisingly well.

    There is just so much toxic hatred in politics now I just dont understand why people go out of their way to keep it in their life. It just divides us.
    What does not kill you makes you feel stupid when you wish it would have
    It only makes you stronger if you choose to not be a victim

  17. #17

  18. #18
    Ganelon
    Guest

    Re: lmaooo anyone who still supports trump is actually a genuine fucking dumbass

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    My favorite way to search for news right now is to use the -trump modifier on google. It cuts out all the political bullshit from both the right and the left, leaving raw news surprisingly well.

    There is just so much toxic hatred in politics now I just dont understand why people go out of their way to keep it in their life. It just divides us.
    This is something that pisses me off to no end. Whenever I try to find a news source that at least SEEMS to be neutral, itís either anti-Trump or pro-Trump. I just want to read the newspaper without any bs shoved down my throat...

  19. #19
    Ganelon
    Guest

    Re: lmaooo anyone who still supports trump is actually a genuine fucking dumbass

    And thing is, itís not just biased: itís extremely biased, to the point of either demonizing Trump or telling you how amazing he is (or bad his opponents are). I actually think the main concern news outlets have nowadays is to tell you what you want to hear.

  20. #20

  21. #21

  22. #22

    Re: lmaooo anyone who still supports trump is actually a genuine fucking dumbass

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    I think the thing is, that him suggesting this as a possible cure they should research, is just a great soundbite of him sounding stupid AS FUCK. No, he was not telling people to do it, but he was asking scientists to look into it. It's just an example of him being undeniably stupid as hell, which a lot of people are jumping on because many of his supporters say he's a genius.
    ^^^^^^^^

    It's not THAT BAD, I doubt anyone would actually inject themselves disinfectant, that is true. However, remember that this guy can declare wars, that he supposedly is the leader of the greatest stronghold of democracy and freedom...
    Spoiler : Quotes :
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    God is a goofy loser.

  23. #23

    Re: lmaooo anyone who still supports trump is actually a genuine fucking dumbass

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    My favorite way to search for news right now is to use the -trump modifier on google. It cuts out all the political bullshit from both the right and the left, leaving raw news surprisingly well.

    There is just so much toxic hatred in politics now I just dont understand why people go out of their way to keep it in their life. It just divides us.
    "I intentionally misinform myself because I can't handle the fact that the American right may be objectively misinformed and malicious."

  24. #24

    Re: lmaooo anyone who still supports trump is actually a genuine fucking dumbass

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    This is something that pisses me off to no end. Whenever I try to find a news source that at least SEEMS to be neutral, itís either anti-Trump or pro-Trump. I just want to read the newspaper without any bs shoved down my throat...
    Yeah, its gotten totally insane. I am always astonished how far people will go to advocate for 'their side' under the justification that the other side is worse.

    Literally for this whole Covid thing I have avoided the news and just been keeping up with medical journals because thats where news stations get their info anways. May as well cut out the middle man who puts their political spin in the info.
    Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    "I intentionally misinform myself because I can't handle the fact that the American right may be objectively misinformed and malicious."
    Avoiding left or right sided rhetoric is intentionally misinforming myself because I dont want to hear BS about trump? I think you have been drinking the political kool-aid for too long..
    If I remember right you were the one who actually turned me on to the inherent bias in the voting system and how it creates a false dichotomy in politics. For me until systemic issues are addressed getting worked up over who our elected officials is just is not worth the energy. Realistically my life has not been greatly effected under the last 3 presidents. When I see some people who are totally consumed in that political hatred I like to ask them if its really worth it. Is getting that angry about something you have no voice in and that hardly effects your life really worth it?
    What does not kill you makes you feel stupid when you wish it would have
    It only makes you stronger if you choose to not be a victim

  25. #25

    Re: lmaooo anyone who still supports trump is actually a genuine fucking dumbass

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    Avoiding left or right sided rhetoric is intentionally misinforming myself because I dont want to hear BS about trump?
    Yes. You are quite literally blocking out important news about the leader of your country because you don't want to hear it. Is that not what misinforming yourself is?

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    If I remember right you were the one who actually turned me on to the inherent bias in the voting system and how it creates a false dichotomy in politics. For me until systemic issues are addressed getting worked up over who our elected officials is just is not worth the energy.
    The correct response to corruption and cronyism in politics (which is largely perpetrated by Republicans in recent years, mind you) is to just give up and declare that all sides are the same and hope it all fixes itself somehow? How else do you propose solving any issues besides "getting worked up over elected officials"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    Realistically my life has not been greatly effected under the last 3 presidents. When I see some people who are totally consumed in that political hatred I like to ask them if its really worth it. Is getting that angry about something you have no voice in and that hardly effects your life really worth it?
    There is something called empathy, which means that you should also feel bad for other people's misfortunes and should be driven to help them out if you can. Just because you aren't personally affected at this very moment because of politics or the current president, doesn't mean other people aren't. I wanted to live in America at some point, Trump's changes to immigration made that difficult if not impossible and I gave up on that dream. Environmental policies that Republicans are enacting in the name of corporate profit are contributing to fucking up the climate and there are regular heat waves in Europe now that they weren't meant to handle, which killed several people last year and will probably kill more this year. It's great that your life is so disconnected from the bigger picture that your country's leader has no impact on you, but surely that doesn't stop you from understanding the impact on others?

  26. #26

    Re: lmaooo anyone who still supports trump is actually a genuine fucking dumbass

    Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    Yes. You are quite literally blocking out important news about the leader of your country because you don't want to hear it. Is that not what misinforming yourself is?
    Well I guess we will just have to disagree on the 'Important news' part here. Its hardly a 'hot new take' to say that Trump rambles like a blathering idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    The correct response to corruption and cronyism in politics (which is largely perpetrated by Republicans in recent years, mind you) is to just give up and declare that all sides are the same and hope it all fixes itself somehow? How else do you propose solving any issues besides "getting worked up over elected officials"?
    Not at all. I will totally support an elected official that steps up and pushes real change. I just don't hear any politicians taking a hard line on eliminating corporate lobbying or addressing healthcare from a position other than subsidization. There are tons that argue about making it more affordable which either comes from the angle of 'lets adjust insurance' or 'lets create a socialist system' but theres hardly any talk about actually addressing the price itself. That and I would even support a straight socialist healthcare system which most people think they are arguing for when they are really advocating for subsidized capitalism (Which is a terrible idea in sooo many ways.)

    So lets say I do go all nuts on who's elected. I find someone and kinda agree with half of what they are saying but view them as the 'lesser of two evils' and vote them in. At that point they have no further obligation to act in my interests, and instead their incentive is in the lobbyists until re-election. There is a reason people get elected to congress, make 100k a year and retire 10 years later with 10 million. Even the ones that dont overtly do insider trading (like Sen. Kelly Loeffler.)

    If your interested heres a nice piece explaining why votes dont matter very much (Although a pretty dry read)
    https://www.cambridge.org/core/journ...D4893B382B992B (Martin Gilens of Princeton and Benjamin Page of Northwestern spelling out we live in an oligarchy and votes hardly matter)
    And here is one thats more of a persuasive piece on influencing actual change https://www.hbs.edu/competitiveness/...ng-america.pdf (although once again, the solutions deal with altering public perception and having people in power take away from their own power which... just lol)

    On the most basic level I believe in the concept of the phaneron. That we interact with objective reality through our senses. I believe that the political landscape is the result of our political senses being influenced through mass marketing campaigns; and because of media cross ownership this false dichotomy of republicrat vs democran rhetoric is poison to creating real change.

    So I unplug, and I feel thats a more responsible choice than spreading the toxic rhetoric given my outlook.

    Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    There is something called empathy, which means that you should also feel bad for other people's misfortunes and should be driven to help them out if you can. Just because you aren't personally affected at this very moment because of politics or the current president, doesn't mean other people aren't. I wanted to live in America at some point, Trump's changes to immigration made that difficult if not impossible and I gave up on that dream. Environmental policies that Republicans are enacting in the name of corporate profit are contributing to fucking up the climate and there are regular heat waves in Europe now that they weren't meant to handle, which killed several people last year and will probably kill more this year. It's great that your life is so disconnected from the bigger picture that your country's leader has no impact on you, but surely that doesn't stop you from understanding the impact on others?
    I do feel bad about others misfortunes but I also feel that there is a very substantial issue in peoples inability to understand the difference between helping others and enabling them on both the macro and micro level. I am also in favor of limiting immigration although I feel Trump did it in the exact wrong way. He hurt others ability to have a chance to come here while also allowing mass visa programs on manual labor to be exploited. People make fun of the 'They took our jeeerrbs' argument but its very real in Texas. Manual labor skill based jobs have not seen substantial wage increases in decades because while normally wages would go up to meet the market supply of employees it has instead been supplemented with visa programs. I get that almost everyone came as an immigrant at one point but there is a massive difference between going somewhere where there is nothing to create a nice life, and going somewhere thats nice to enjoy what others have created.

    I also dislike the idea of shoving altruistic action onto the government because it allows shitty people to 'look good' without any real conviction and most of the time the money just ends up in someones pocket. Its insane how profitable it can be to work at a non profit organization and that as low as 10 cents on the dollar can go to actually help.

    My favorite story in this direction could easily relate on the subject of global warming. Basically a bunch of Oxford students got together and protested fossil fuels. The dean came back and offered to turn off the central gas heating. A news station reached out to him calling his response provocative to which he replied "You are right that I am being provocative but I hope I am provoking some clear thinking. It is all too easy to request others to do things that carry no personal cost to yourself. The question is whether you and others are prepared to make personal sacrifices to achieve your goals."

    Maybe its just me but I get annoyed when I hear people pushing to end some suffering should be ended, and someone else should do it. I can count the times on one hand where I have had a discussion with someone on hot topic issues like world hunger or homelessness where that person has made any personal sacrifice in line with their supposed 'convictions'.
    Last edited by Helz; April 25th, 2020 at 09:47 AM.
    What does not kill you makes you feel stupid when you wish it would have
    It only makes you stronger if you choose to not be a victim

  27. #27

    Re: lmaooo anyone who still supports trump is actually a genuine fucking dumbass

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    Well I guess we will just have to disagree on the 'Important news' part here. Its hardly a 'hot new take' to say that Trump rambles like a blathering idiot.
    There's a difference between the type of news that's like "omg trump tweeted covfefe that isnt even a real word" versus him actively supporting movements that advocate for re-opening states prematurely, and all the corruption scandals he's been a part of. It's important for people to understand that he is tearing down democracy in the US and giving support to movements and actions that may lead to the deaths of tens of thousands of Americans.

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    Not at all. I will totally support an elected official that steps up and pushes real change. I just don't hear any politicians taking a hard line on eliminating corporate lobbying or addressing healthcare from a position other than subsidization. There are tons that argue about making it more affordable which either comes from the angle of 'lets adjust insurance' or 'lets create a socialist system' but theres hardly any talk about actually addressing the price itself. That and I would even support a straight socialist healthcare system which most people think they are arguing for when they are really advocating for subsidized capitalism (Which is a terrible idea in sooo many ways.)
    This is just proof that the Republican-cultivated "both sides bad" cynicism that you've firmly latched onto is doing its job in clouding your views. Otherwise, perhaps you would have realized that campaign finance/lobbying reform and healthcare cost reductions are cornerstones of Joe Biden's platform.

    https://joebiden.com/governmentreform/

    https://joebiden.com/healthcare/

    Also I'm gonna pre-empt your argument of "hurr well maybe he's lying about that" by pointing out that the same argument applies against any of your favourite candidates, including Sanders, and we've already blatantly seen that Trump obviously isn't going to accomplish either of those.

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    So lets say I do go all nuts on who's elected. I find someone and kinda agree with half of what they are saying but view them as the 'lesser of two evils' and vote them in. At that point they have no further obligation to act in my interests, and instead their incentive is in the lobbyists until re-election. There is a reason people get elected to congress, make 100k a year and retire 10 years later with 10 million. Even the ones that dont overtly do insider trading (like Sen. Kelly Loeffler.)
    Yes, that is a problem. The solution is not to be apathetic. Proto-fascism relies on the population being apathetic and thinking that the government doesn't personally impact them, until it sneaks up on them, by which point it's too late.

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    If your interested heres a nice piece explaining why votes dont matter very much (Although a pretty dry read)
    https://www.cambridge.org/core/journ...D4893B382B992B (Martin Gilens of Princeton and Benjamin Page of Northwestern spelling out we live in an oligarchy and votes hardly matter)
    And here is one thats more of a persuasive piece on influencing actual change https://www.hbs.edu/competitiveness/...ng-america.pdf (although once again, the solutions deal with altering public perception and having people in power take away from their own power which... just lol)
    Sure, I'll check those out later.

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    On the most basic level I believe in the concept of the phaneron. That we interact with objective reality through our senses. I believe that the political landscape is the result of our political senses being influenced through mass marketing campaigns; and because of media cross ownership this false dichotomy of republicrat vs democran rhetoric is poison to creating real change.
    Of course it is, I don't disagree. I'll say again, the approach isn't to throw your hands up and go "ehhhhh whatever". This is a situation in which one "side" is clearly, objectively bending rules to get their way and to take steps towards authoritarianism in the US. If that isn't combated by whatever means, then you are complacent in it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    My favorite story in this direction could easily relate on the subject of global warming. Basically a bunch of Oxford students got together and protested fossil fuels. The dean came back and offered to turn off the central gas heating. A news station reached out to him calling his response provocative to which he replied "You are right that I am being provocative but I hope I am provoking some clear thinking. It is all too easy to request others to do things that carry no personal cost to yourself. The question is whether you and others are prepared to make personal sacrifices to achieve your goals."

    Maybe its just me but I get annoyed when I hear people pushing to end some suffering should be ended, and someone else should do it. I can count the times on one hand where I have had a discussion with someone on hot topic issues like world hunger or homelessness where that person has made any personal sacrifice in line with their supposed 'convictions'.
    Study after study shows that government initiatives against global warming, such as carbon taxes, are substantially more effective than anything individuals can do, such as going vegan. Someone not making personal sacrifices to stop climate change isn't doing so because they don't actually care or they're virtue signalling, it's because their contribution and impact is absolutely negligible compared to lobbying the governments for even the slightest of change.

  28. #28

    Re: lmaooo anyone who still supports trump is actually a genuine fucking dumbass

    Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    There's a difference between the type of news that's like "omg trump tweeted covfefe that isnt even a real word" versus him actively supporting movements that advocate for re-opening states prematurely, and all the corruption scandals he's been a part of. It's important for people to understand that he is tearing down democracy in the US and giving support to movements and actions that may lead to the deaths of tens of thousands of Americans.
    Im not sure what democracy you are talking about. America is a corporatocracy. I agree that he has taken many actions that counter the checks and balances established and I am curious where that will go in his second term. Generally presidents walk a line their first term and go a but more wild in their second because of the lack of re-election. If he makes it to election I will loose a bet that trump wouldn't make it through his term as president.
    Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    This is just proof that the Republican-cultivated "both sides bad" cynicism that you've firmly latched onto is doing its job in clouding your views.
    I think my original disgust was the way both sides were leveraging a government shutdown to pass legislation that was not the consensus of the nation. You keep talking to me like I am a republican which I do not really understand. You see Republicans as the source of evil while I see lobbyists as the source and democrans/republicrats as two sides of the same disgusting coin.
    Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    Otherwise, perhaps you would have realized that campaign finance/lobbying reform and healthcare cost reductions are cornerstones of Joe Biden's platform.

    https://joebiden.com/governmentreform/

    https://joebiden.com/healthcare/

    Also I'm gonna pre-empt your argument of "hurr well maybe he's lying about that" by pointing out that the same argument applies against any of your favourite candidates, including Sanders, and we've already blatantly seen that Trump obviously isn't going to accomplish either of those.
    Well I just read Bidens healthcare section and its like every other. Line after line about insurance reform and subsidization. Its not like the money for all that extended coverage is coming out of nowhere. The only place he mentioned any actual price adjustment is with pharmaceutical companies. If you would like I can explain to you mathematically why subsidizing a capitalistic market can never work.

    Im not going to say health insurance became a dumpster fire after the last 'healthcare reform but I will say the last X-ray I got I claimed to not have insurance because it would have cost 350 as my deductible with my insurance or 50$ if I had no insurance.

    Outside of the government matching donations for small candidates (wut..) his positions sound good but yeah, "hurr well maybe he's lying about that." Vague nice sounding promises get a hard 'boy that cried wolf' look from me. Im not saying thats not true for anyone else but theres a reason not much actually changes even though every 4 years someone steps up to the plate talking about how they will make good changes. If it makes you happy even though I think his healthcare reform ideas are atrocious he has a better direction than Trump.

    Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    Yes, that is a problem. The solution is not to be apathetic. Proto-fascism relies on the population being apathetic and thinking that the government doesn't personally impact them, until it sneaks up on them, by which point it's too late.

    Of course it is, I don't disagree. I'll say again, the approach isn't to throw your hands up and go "ehhhhh whatever". This is a situation in which one "side" is clearly, objectively bending rules to get their way and to take steps towards authoritarianism in the US. If that isn't combated by whatever means, then you are complacent in it.
    I agree. Im just focused on things I can change. I was able to start a white house investigation on a company named "LHI" that was essentially defrauding the VA for evaluations eliminating healthcare for veterans.

    Its not that I am apathetic. Im just a pragmatist and I dont recognize me watching CNN or FOX doing anything other than making me bitter at 'the other side.' while I choke on bipartisan rhetoric.
    Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    Study after study shows that government initiatives against global warming, such as carbon taxes, are substantially more effective than anything individuals can do, such as going vegan. Someone not making personal sacrifices to stop climate change isn't doing so because they don't actually care or they're virtue signalling, it's because their contribution and impact is absolutely negligible compared to lobbying the governments for even the slightest of change.
    I agree with this.
    What does not kill you makes you feel stupid when you wish it would have
    It only makes you stronger if you choose to not be a victim

  29. #29

  30. #30

    Re: lmaooo anyone who still supports trump is actually a genuine fucking dumbass

    Quote Originally Posted by theoneceko View Post
    REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

    ^
    This thread summarized in a single word
    Can't agree with that summary.

    It was more like:
    "Trump is bad."
    "New outlets are biased."
    "Trump is bad."
    "I heard you."

    Or in a single word:
    "Uhh..."

  31. #31

    Re: lmaooo anyone who still supports trump is actually a genuine fucking dumbass

    Quote Originally Posted by secondpassing View Post
    Can't agree with that summary.

    It was more like:
    "Trump is bad."
    "New outlets are biased."
    "Trump is bad."
    "I heard you."

    Or in a single word:
    "Uhh..."
    LOL. UwU ZEGGLIGN!!! OWO ZEGLIGN.

  32. #32

    Re: lmaooo anyone who still supports trump is actually a genuine fucking dumbass

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    Im not sure what democracy you are talking about. America is a corporatocracy.
    I agree with this, but I also think it could be better. Out of the Democrats and Republicans, Republicans have been taking much greater steps towards totalitarianism with their cult of personality lately, plus stacking courts and blatantly anti-democratic actions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    You keep talking to me like I am a republican which I do not really understand. You see Republicans as the source of evil while I see lobbyists as the source and democrans/republicrats as two sides of the same disgusting coin.
    I'm not talking to you as if you're a Republican, I'm talking to you as if you've fallen for the apathy and cynicism that Republicans have been trying to sow. There's a reason that Republicans push so hard to suppress votes with useless voter ID laws and reducing any sort of mail-in voting; it's part of their overall voter suppression plan, which largely hurts Democrat outcomes. The other plan is blatant astroturfing and convincing otherwise reasonable people such as yourself that Republicans and Democrats are the same and that nothing you can do will even matter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    Well I just read Bidens healthcare section and its like every other. Line after line about insurance reform and subsidization. Its not like the money for all that extended coverage is coming out of nowhere. The only place he mentioned any actual price adjustment is with pharmaceutical companies. If you would like I can explain to you mathematically why subsidizing a capitalistic market can never work.
    He specifically mentions a system where he'll introduce a public health plan, which is a right step towards single-payer. Single-payer is by and far the best way to reduce costs even in a capitalistic system, and there's scores of evidence to prove that. I'd like to see what mathematical explanation you have, sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    Im not going to say health insurance became a dumpster fire after the last 'healthcare reform but I will say the last X-ray I got I claimed to not have insurance because it would have cost 350 as my deductible with my insurance or 50$ if I had no insurance.
    I have no idea how health insurance works in the US, I just know it's garbage and the Republicans have no plans to fix it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    Its not that I am apathetic. Im just a pragmatist and I dont recognize me watching CNN or FOX doing anything other than making me bitter at 'the other side.' while I choke on bipartisan rhetoric.
    Fox and CNN are hardly comparable; CNN is much less partisan and much more factual. A more apt comparison would be Occupy Democrats vs Fox, which I more or less agree with, although OD has their hearts in a better place IMO.
    Last edited by oops_ur_dead; April 26th, 2020 at 09:06 AM.

  33. #33

    Re: lmaooo anyone who still supports trump is actually a genuine fucking dumbass

    REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEE

    TBH, I care more about making a living than health insurance. Free health insurance is great, but I suspect there wouldn't be many great options to choose from---just like Obamacare. The health insurance plans worth getting in Obamacare are too expensive for me. I'd rather invest my money than spend it on health insurance. That way, I won't be stuck in the lower class forever. And hey, once I do have enough money, I'll spend that on health, car, home insurance etc. etc. etc.

    I'm not saying everyone---or ANYONE, for that matter---should adopt my attitude. I'm a healthy young male. Older people are more likely to want better health insurance for obvious reasons. Lastly, I know that if I get in a serious accident or get cancer, I'm completely screwed. However, it's not like anyone in my family has money in the first place so Į\_(ツ)_/Į who gives a shit. UwU
    Last edited by theoneceko; April 26th, 2020 at 11:32 AM. Reason: UWU EGZZEGGLING1!! OWO ZEGLGING.

  34. #34

  35. #35

    Re: lmaooo anyone who still supports trump is actually a genuine fucking dumbass

    Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    I agree with this, but I also think it could be better. Out of the Democrats and Republicans, Republicans have been taking much greater steps towards totalitarianism with their cult of personality lately, plus stacking courts and blatantly anti-democratic actions.
    I absolutely agree with you. A lot of the recent direction is unprecedented.
    Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    I'm not talking to you as if you're a Republican, I'm talking to you as if you've fallen for the apathy and cynicism that Republicans have been trying to sow. There's a reason that Republicans push so hard to suppress votes with useless voter ID laws and reducing any sort of mail-in voting; it's part of their overall voter suppression plan, which largely hurts Democrat outcomes. The other plan is blatant astroturfing and convincing otherwise reasonable people such as yourself that Republicans and Democrats are the same and that nothing you can do will even matter.
    I suppose I just disagree with you that the 'both sides are evil' narrative is a republican move. They probably leaned hard into the 'our actions are justified because the other side is doing it too' argument but I feel like their narrative ends in "vote us because the other side is worse" as opposed to "voting is broken." The strongest "voting is broken" campaign I can think of was when Trump got elected after loosing the popular vote which was a democrat argument.
    Im not sure if any of that holds any bearing on what were talking about. I just feel like not many people actually keep up with scholarly articles and my position is rather original but I kind of unplugged from big news like 6 years ago. Either I was duped, theres a new narrative pushing in that direction I haven't seen, or you are mistaken. But in any situation its the position that logically makes sense to me. Im not opposed to hearing out your position and changing mine but I just feel like focusing on the things I can change while avoiding toxic rhetoric about things I cant is the best thing I can do for my life and the lives of those I care about.
    Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    He specifically mentions a system where he'll introduce a public health plan, which is a right step towards single-payer. Single-payer is by and far the best way to reduce costs even in a capitalistic system, and there's scores of evidence to prove that. I'd like to see what mathematical explanation you have, sure.
    I get what he is proposing but think of it like this:

    -The VA is a socialist healthcare system. The government pays employees and owns the hospitals that treat the veterans providing services that are paid for by the government. This model makes sense to me.
    -He is proposing the government pay for services from the private sector for all citizens. In that situation private, for profit corporations will provide a service thats paid for by the government. This functions at a higher price point because the for profit corporations require a profit margin. This model is worse for the tax-payer.

    Just think about the massive conflicts of interest in politics and how that will be exploited when you give private healthcare direct access to federal funds. The case I started against the company LHI is exactly in line with this issue in terms of the VA subcontracting out to a for profit company and that company exploiting the contract. You could also read into how Dialysis has gone over as a government subsidized program (which by the way costs half as much as we spend in total on education each year.)

    Spoiler : Lame math stuff :

    So this will just all be about basic microeconomics. Important concepts:
    -The 'unseen hand' or natural tendency for a free capitalistic market to establish a price point at equilibrium between supply and demand
    -Equilibrium generates maximum profits for a firm
    -Publicly traded firms have a legal obligation to maximize profits
    Stupid Micro econ explination.png
    So in the first figure theres your natural market. Grey marks the firms gross market.

    When you subsidize a a market it shifts the price point down sliding down the demand curve (increasing the quantity sold). In the second figure you can see how subsidization greatly expands a firms gross market.

    In the 3rd figure you can see the potential gain for the firm by returning the price point to equilibrium (which they are legally obligated to do if publicly traded.) It is important to note that there is an overall increase in market share long term and a short term significant increase as the the price shifts back towards equilibrium for the firm.

    In the 4th figure you can see the re-established price point necessitated by market conditions

    TLDR- Subsidization only functions to profit firms unless price ceilings are established. Additionally they allow for higher profits than even possible in the short term (Upper right corner of gross in figure 3)

    Basically any subsidization without a price ceiling temporary makes things more accessible for the consumer while permanently profiting the firm while a socialist healthcare system permanently makes things more accessible for the consumer. This is why subsidized capitalism is a terrible idea weather functioned through insurance or government payment. Free capitalistic markets just cant function that way unless firms decide to not act in their own best interest.

    Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    I have no idea how health insurance works in the US, I just know it's garbage and the Republicans have no plans to fix it.
    I could go into that if you want. I personally would rather not.

    Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    ox and CNN are hardly comparable; CNN is much less partisan and much more factual. A more apt comparison would be Occupy Democrats vs Fox, which I more or less agree with, although OD has their hearts in a better place IMO.
    I disagree with that. I think the reason news organizations are bad is because of conflicts of interests. Both sides are owned by media conglomerates who have political interests and pass down storys as 'Can run, Should run, or Must run.'

    At the same time I haven't watched either in a very long time so I probably dont have a very valid opinion.

    I think it all comes down to the fact we live in an age of sociological meta-cognition where we have grown to understand how we get information and make decisions as a population. I do not think things will ever get back to the way they were because there is money and power to be had in controlling peoples perspective. If your ever bored this is a nice interview of 4 star general Robert Brown that reflects how even the US Military now considers information propagation a domain of warefare.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOTYgcdNrXE
    (The same guy also has a few pieces on how perspective manipulation is done online. I hold his work in high regard.)
    Last edited by Helz; April 26th, 2020 at 10:10 PM.
    What does not kill you makes you feel stupid when you wish it would have
    It only makes you stronger if you choose to not be a victim

  36. #36

    Re: lmaooo anyone who still supports trump is actually a genuine fucking dumbass

    Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post

    just look at this guy, he's unironically suggesting fucking injecting tide pods to cure covid

    tbh if youre still behind this guy just go ahead and cure yourself by slamming an entire bottle of bleach
    looks like u feel for the classic trump derangement syndrome

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE3j_RHkqJc

    I suggest two cups of memes as a cure.
    Don't pet growlithe, he will bite you.

  37. #37

    Re: lmaooo anyone who still supports trump is actually a genuine fucking dumbass

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    I suppose I just disagree with you that the 'both sides are evil' narrative is a republican move. They probably leaned hard into the 'our actions are justified because the other side is doing it too' argument but I feel like their narrative ends in "vote us because the other side is worse" as opposed to "voting is broken." The strongest "voting is broken" campaign I can think of was when Trump got elected after loosing the popular vote which was a democrat argument.
    As I said, a key Republican tactic is to ensure that less people vote. If they can turn people to voting for Republicans that's a bonus, but Trump said something insightful which I very much agree with which is that if you increase the number of people voting, a Republican will never be elected president again (https://youtu.be/_r6qXQX5Fnk?t=18). The Republicans have been doing great in this regard with pushing voter ID laws and restricting early voting and mail-in voting.

    There's also a difference between the "voting is broken" narrative that liberals in the US push, which talks about how people's votes are unfairly weighted in a way that favours Republicans, versus the Republican idea of "voting doesn't matter because the Dems are corrupt too". There were very interesting cases on Reddit where so-called Bernie supporters went on Bernie-related subreddits after he lost the Democrat nomination and kept posting about how bad Biden was, how the DNC stole the nomination etc., when in reality they were all regulars on conservative and Trump subreddits. Trump himself supported Bernie because he knew that it would give Bernie more visibility and cause Dem voters to be disillusioned when he loses. And none of this is made up; polls show that a much larger portion of non-voters lean Democrat than Republican: https://www.people-press.org/2014/10...f-nonvoters-2/.

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    TLDR- Subsidization only functions to profit firms unless price ceilings are established. Additionally they allow for higher profits than even possible in the short term (Upper right corner of gross in figure 3)

    Basically any subsidization without a price ceiling temporary makes things more accessible for the consumer while permanently profiting the firm while a socialist healthcare system permanently makes things more accessible for the consumer. This is why subsidized capitalism is a terrible idea weather functioned through insurance or government payment. Free capitalistic markets just cant function that way unless firms decide to not act in their own best interest.
    Agreed. I still think a subsidized capitalist system is a step in the right direction, if done correctly. The Netherlands has a health system that's rather similar in spirit to Obamacare and Biden's plan, but not half-assed and actually fleshed out and taken to its conclusion. The Netherlands is also frequently lauded as having one of the best healthcare systems in Europe and the world.

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    I disagree with that. I think the reason news organizations are bad is because of conflicts of interests. Both sides are owned by media conglomerates who have political interests and pass down storys as 'Can run, Should run, or Must run.'
    Sure, but CNN and Fox are still incomparable. CNN isn't great but still has journalistic integrity, Fox is just tabloid-tier garbage at this point. It's a symptom of cancerous American conservative mindset that they're seen as equivalent.



    Quote Originally Posted by Firebringer View Post
    looks like u feel for the classic trump derangement syndrome

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE3j_RHkqJc

    I suggest two cups of memes as a cure.
    I think authoritarianism and authoritarians should be mocked and fought at any opportunity, not ignored.

  38. #38

    Re: lmaooo anyone who still supports trump is actually a genuine fucking dumbass

    Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    As I said, a key Republican tactic is to ensure that less people vote. If they can turn people to voting for Republicans that's a bonus, but Trump said something insightful which I very much agree with which is that if you increase the number of people voting, a Republican will never be elected president again (https://youtu.be/_r6qXQX5Fnk?t=18). The Republicans have been doing great in this regard with pushing voter ID laws and restricting early voting and mail-in voting.

    There's also a difference between the "voting is broken" narrative that liberals in the US push, which talks about how people's votes are unfairly weighted in a way that favours Republicans, versus the Republican idea of "voting doesn't matter because the Dems are corrupt too". There were very interesting cases on Reddit where so-called Bernie supporters went on Bernie-related subreddits after he lost the Democrat nomination and kept posting about how bad Biden was, how the DNC stole the nomination etc., when in reality they were all regulars on conservative and Trump subreddits. Trump himself supported Bernie because he knew that it would give Bernie more visibility and cause Dem voters to be disillusioned when he loses. And none of this is made up; polls show that a much larger portion of non-voters lean Democrat than Republican: https://www.people-press.org/2014/10...f-nonvoters-2/.



    Agreed. I still think a subsidized capitalist system is a step in the right direction, if done correctly. The Netherlands has a health system that's rather similar in spirit to Obamacare and Biden's plan, but not half-assed and actually fleshed out and taken to its conclusion. The Netherlands is also frequently lauded as having one of the best healthcare systems in Europe and the world.



    Sure, but CNN and Fox are still incomparable. CNN isn't great but still has journalistic integrity, Fox is just tabloid-tier garbage at this point. It's a symptom of cancerous American conservative mindset that they're seen as equivalent.





    I think authoritarianism and authoritarians should be mocked and fought at any opportunity, not ignored.
    what is that picture sourced from? reuters and npr belong up there but abc and cbs compared with nbc, cnn, and fox seems a bit odd
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

  39. #39

  40. #40
    Ganelon
    Guest

    Re: lmaooo anyone who still supports trump is actually a genuine fucking dumbass

    you wanna hear about authoritarianism? heres a fact:
    I tried to find a study Stanford conducted on the incidence of coronavirus - it suggested there were 50 times as many people infected as originally thought, and I literally couldn’t find it on google. Google only displayed results like ‘why this Stanford study is wrong’. I had to switch to DuckDuckGo to find it.
    im not saying that test has to be right - but I wanna see it for myself. I’m 100% confident this isn’t a coincidence. Honestly, fuck Google and fuck the Media.
    Last edited by ; April 29th, 2020 at 03:44 AM.

  41. #41
    Ganelon
    Guest

    Re: lmaooo anyone who still supports trump is actually a genuine fucking dumbass

    For all the good Google have done to the world, I donít think it means they get to show me whatever the hell they want to show me. I think the time is ripe for a new company to replace them (I use DuckDuckGo on my laptop already, and I didnít know it was this bad).

  42. #42

    Re: lmaooo anyone who still supports trump is actually a genuine fucking dumbass

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    what is that picture sourced from? reuters and npr belong up there but abc and cbs compared with nbc, cnn, and fox seems a bit odd
    https://www.adfontesmedia.com

    I agree it might not be objectively right, as with anything. I still stand by the statement that Fox is far more partisan and less objective than CNN, unless your political stance is already right-of-center to begin with.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    you wanna hear about authoritarianism? heres a fact:
    I tried to find a study Stanford conducted on the incidence of coronavirus - it suggested there were 50 times as many people infected as originally thought, and I literally couldnít find it on google. Google only displayed results like Ďwhy this Stanford study is wrongí. I had to switch to DuckDuckGo to find it.
    im not saying that test has to be right - but I wanna see it for myself. Iím 100% confident this isnít a coincidence. Honestly, fuck Google and fuck the Media.
    What? I just searched it and this is what I saw:



    You know that Google tailors search results to your history, right? I don't like Google either but this is some tinfoil hat shit.

  43. #43
    Ganelon
    Guest

    Re: lmaooo anyone who still supports trump is actually a genuine fucking dumbass

    Interesting. Iíve never searched anything that could result in this, especially seeing as I donít and actually never believed corona was as dangerous as they claimed. But I did not get those results in Google. Weird

  44. #44

  45. #45

  46. #46
    Ganelon
    Guest

    Re: lmaooo anyone who still supports trump is actually a genuine fucking dumbass

    Quote Originally Posted by theoneceko View Post
    Ganelon's point is interesting though. Just like his scumreads in maafiaiQ!!!!4 UwuU (is talking about forum outside the game illegal lol)
    It isnít

  47. #47
    Ganelon
    Guest

    Re: lmaooo anyone who still supports trump is actually a genuine fucking dumbass

    As in, itís not legal, it IS forbidden

  48. #48

  49. #49

    Re: lmaooo anyone who still supports trump is actually a genuine fucking dumbass

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    Interesting. Iíve never searched anything that could result in this, especially seeing as I donít and actually never believed corona was as dangerous as they claimed. But I did not get those results in Google. Weird
    study.PNG
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

  50. #50
    Ganelon
    Guest

    Re: lmaooo anyone who still supports trump is actually a genuine fucking dumbass

    Lol maybe my Google is weird or something. But like many of the results I got didnít even discuss the study - they just went on to say why the study is wrong.

    Personally, I mentioned this because I find it offensive when people call all Trump supporters idiots or something along those lines. And I found it hilarious people were complaining about authoritarianism coming from the republicans when the Democrats have been a lot more guilty of that than the republicans.

    i just donít understand the hate for trump, bush/Obama werenít this hated, and they both (especially Bush) sucked.

    I largely agree with what Helz said, but I donít feel like being nice just because generally Iím a cunt and I donít feel lik shutting up. I shut up all the time to avoid conflict with people. Not gonna shut up online too

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •