sc2 freeze on alt+tabbing while playing this map
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

sc2 freeze on alt+tabbing while playing this map

Just wanted to mention that I've had the same sc2 error 3 times while playing the new version, which never happened in the old one. What happens is when I try to alt+tab back into sc2, the game black screens out and becomes stuck that way and I'm unable to close it even using task manager. Every other program then becomes inaccessible. I'm only able to get rid of it by signing out of windows. I have absolutely no idea what in particular might cause this and I don't know if this is any help, but I'm 100% certain it's real. This time it happened at the end of the game. I alt tabbed right as game ended and when I tried to get back to sc2 it was frozen that way.

2. ISO #2

Re: sc2 freeze on alt+tabbing while playing this map

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvanas View Post
    Just wanted to mention that I've had the same sc2 error 3 times while playing the new version, which never happened in the old one. What happens is when I try to alt+tab back into sc2, the game black screens out and becomes stuck that way and I'm unable to close it even using task manager. Every other program then becomes inaccessible. I'm only able to get rid of it by signing out of windows. I have absolutely no idea what in particular might cause this and I don't know if this is any help, but I'm 100% certain it's real. This time it happened at the end of the game. I alt tabbed right as game ended and when I tried to get back to sc2 it was frozen that way.
    That sounds like something outside causing it. What windows ver
    (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)ﻭ 레드벨벳 ! ! ٩(♡ε♡ )۶

3. ISO #3

10. I swear I'm playing like I usually do while running the same programs in background that I usually do, but this only started happening with the new map.

I have been playing sc2 mafia frequently over the past couple months (7500+ points worth of games) and it had never happened. Now that I've been playing the new map over the past couple of days, this same error has happened to me 3 times. The map version is the only thing that has changed. I don't know if anyone else has had it? It's rather uncommon, maybe 1 time every 5-10 games so far, but definitely noticeable.

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvanas View Post
    10. I swear I'm playing like I usually do while running the same programs in background that I usually do, but this only started happening with the new map.

I have been playing sc2 mafia frequently over the past couple months (7500+ points worth of games) and it had never happened. Now that I've been playing the new map over the past couple of days, this same error has happened to me 3 times. The map version is the only thing that has changed. I don't know if anyone else has had it? It's rather uncommon, maybe 1 time every 5-10 games so far, but definitely noticeable.
    I mean, honestly the only thing I could even think of that would be doing that would be my use of UI layouts. Even that's a stretch though. I can only work within the limits of the editor and what it's capable of. I'll investigate further if the issue is reported elsewhere.
    (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)ﻭ 레드벨벳 ! ! ٩(♡ε♡ )۶

5. ISO #5

There was a complaint of this a few years back. I assumed at the time it was a result of windows de-prioritizing the SC application when it was not the active window. Regardless it should not be a part of changes you made if it occurred prior to your changes.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7