Town Random / Town Random
    Citizen / Neutral Random
    Town Random / Citizen
    Citizen / Citizen
    Citizen / Citizen
    Neutral Killing / Neutral Random

Rules
    All standard S-FM Rules apply
    Pictures are allowed within reasonable size. Hopefully I don't need to specify what "reasonable size" is.
    Videos are allowed as long as autoplay is off.

Mechanics
    48 hour days.
    24 hour nights or early ending nights at host discretion.
    Last wills allowed.
    Suicide is allowed at host discretion.
    Lynch system is to be determined by the host and stated during signups.
    Mafia has a night chat and a factional night kill which may be carried out instead of a night action. They learn their teammates identities after N0.

Special Mechanics
    Each player receives two rolecards during N0 (the game starts in N0). They pick one to keep and one to discard.
    All discarded roles are revealed at the start of D1.
    All roles (excluding citizen) may only appear in the setup ONCE.

Spoiler : Rolecards :

Spoiler : Mafia :

Spoiler : Mafia Killing :

Godfather
    You have conventional night immunity.
    You appear as a non-acting citizen to all investigative roles.
    Kidnapper
    During the day you may choose a target to jail.
    You have a night chat with your target. You are anonymous during this chat.
    Your target is roleblocked for the night.
    Once per game you may choose to execute your target.
    Bruiser
    If you carry out the factional night kill, it pierces any night immunity and healing.

Spoiler : Mafia Support :

Consort
    You may roleblock a target each night.
    Players are notified of being roleblocked.
    You cannot be roleblocked.
    Chauffeur
    You may swap the positions of two players at night.
    Any night action targeting one player will instead target the other player.
    Players are not notified of being swapped.
    Consigliere
    You may investigate a player at night, learning their exact role.
    Architect
    During the day you may pick two targets to link.
    The two targets share a private, non-anonymous chat for the night.
    You may read their conversation.

Spoiler : Mafia Deception :

Forger
    One time per game you may alter the last will of a player.
    If that player dies that night, the last will that you submitted will be the one revealed.
    If the player lives, your charge is still consumed.
    Janitor
    Two times per game you may clean a player.
    If that player dies that night, their role and will are not revealed.
    You will receive both their role and their will.
    If the player lives, your charge is still consumed.
    Actress
    At night you may disguise yourself as a player.
    If you die you will appear to be that player's role.
    Tailor
    Twice per game you may disguise another player.
    You may choose what role they reveal as.
    You may not self target.
    Beguiler
    Twice per game you may hide behind another player.
    If you are targeted that night, the player you target is targeted instead.

Spoiler : Town :

Citizen
    You have no special abilities.
    Spoiler : Town Investigative :

Cop
    You may investigate a player at night, learning their alignment.
    Neutral Killings are treated as their own separate alignments for each role, which Neutral Benigns are treated as one alignment.
    Lookout
    You may watch a player at night, learning who visits them.
    Detective
    You may watch a player at night, learning who they visit.
    Coroner
    You may investigate a dead player at night, learning the following:
    1. You learn their role.
    2. You learn who they visited each night.
    3. You get a copy of the last wills they had submitted by the end of each night.
    4. You get a copy of any death notes they submitted.

Spoiler : Town Protective :

Doctor
    You may heal a player at night, preventing them from dying.
    Bodyguard
    You may protect a player at night. If they are attacked, instead, you kill their attacker and you die instead.
    Bus Driver
    At night you may swap the locations of two players.
    Players are not notified of being swapped.

Spoiler : Neutral :

Spoiler : Neutral Killing :

Serial Killer
    At night you may attack a player, killing them.
    You have night immunity.
    If you are roleblocked, instead of doing your normal action, you kill the person who roleblocked you.
    Arsonist
    At night you may douse a player.
    Instead, you may choose to ignite all doused players, killing them.
    Doused players appear as a non-acting arsonist to investigative roles.
    You cannot be doused. You will not be notified if you are attempted to be doused, or if your douse is successful/unsuccessful.
    You have night immunity.
    Medusa
    At night you may choose to alert. 2 charges.
    Any players who visit you on nights you are alert will turn to stone and die.
    Their role and will will not reveal.

Spoiler : Neutral Benign :

Executioner
    You will receive a random player as your target.
    If your target is lynched during the day, you win the game. The game does not end, you just win with whoever wins, regardless of being alive or not.
    If your target is killed at night, you become an Amnesiac.
    Amnesiac
    At night you may change your role/alignment permanently into any role discarded during N0.
    Jester
    If you are lynched during the day, you win. The game ends instantly with you as the single victor.
    If you are not voted during a day, you will suffer from a heart attack and die.
    Survivor
    At night you may choose to put on a night-immunity vest. 1 charge.
    If you are still alive at the end of the game, you win with whoever wins.

Last edited by Stealthbomber16; March 31st, 2020 at 12:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: S-FM Discard Intermediate Mafia

Some comments before the official review, which should be ready to be done once the wincons and the Town Government roles are added :

Game starts on N0, during which people pick their rolecard. Can people use their action during N0 once they picked their rolecard, or is the night just to pick rolecards? Please clarify, since that will almost always be asked during the game.

Major concern : In a quite likely scenario (taking the site's meta in account, but note that it's also the worst case scenario for town), the Town has 6 players, the Mafia has 3, and there are 2 Neutrals, including at least 1 killer (like a medusa that cleans role/lw). This is heavily stacked against Town. Even in less dramatic situations, the Town is very likely to be disadvantaged. The setup needs to be stabilized.

Other concern : The Mafia Random / Any slot causes a lot of instability, to the point of it being a very likely game-deciding factor (while not necessarily giving the Town an overly powerful advantage). Mafia having 2 or 3 players changes a lot of things. This should probably be stabilized in some way.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Some comments before the official review, which should be ready to be done once the wincons and the Town Government roles are added :

Game starts on N0, during which people pick their rolecard. Can people use their action during N0 once they picked their rolecard, or is the night just to pick rolecards? Please clarify, since that will almost always be asked during the game.

Major concern : In a quite likely scenario (taking the site's meta in account, but note that it's also the worst case scenario for town), the Town has 6 players, the Mafia has 3, and there are 2 Neutrals, including at least 1 killer (like a medusa that cleans role/lw). This is heavily stacked against Town. Even in less dramatic situations, the Town is very likely to be disadvantaged. The setup needs to be stabilized.

Other concern : The Mafia Random / Any slot causes a lot of instability, to the point of it being a very likely game-deciding factor (while not necessarily giving the Town an overly powerful advantage). Mafia having 2 or 3 players changes a lot of things. This should probably be stabilized in some way.
    Part of this setup is that fundamentally what has to happen is that the players have to adapt how they are going to play based on the available information from the discarded roles.

The instability is hard-baked into the setup and definitely changes how the setup is played.

Seeing a mafia role discarded means that mafia is fundamentally less of a threat. Seeing no mafia role discarded means that the town and any potential NKs have to change their priority a little bit.

I have changed the NK/Any into an NK/NR in order to lessen some unneeded instability but I think I like the volatility in a setup like this.

Edit: Town gets more powerful based on what confirmed info they have. Town already starts with a lot of info, such as approximately how many mafia there are (the any could always be mafia) or whether there is a confirmed NK going into D1.

I will add a clause that makes it so any non-citizen roles may only appear once. This will give town the edge they need.
    Last edited by Stealthbomber16; March 31st, 2020 at 12:58 PM.

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    Part of this setup is that fundamentally what has to happen is that the players have to adapt how they are going to play based on the available information from the discarded roles.

The instability is hard-baked into the setup and definitely changes how the setup is played.

Seeing a mafia role discarded means that mafia is fundamentally less of a threat. Seeing no mafia role discarded means that the town and any potential NKs have to change their priority a little bit.

I have changed the NK/Any into an NK/NR in order to lessen some unneeded instability but I think I like the volatility in a setup like this.

Edit: Town gets more powerful based on what confirmed info they have. Town already starts with a lot of info, such as approximately how many mafia there are (the any could always be mafia) or whether there is a confirmed NK going into D1.

I will add a clause that makes it so any non-citizen roles may only appear once. This will give town the edge they need.
    I don't think that last bit about non-citizen roles appearing once is really that necessary. If the town adapts their play style into the maf/NK thinking that they are something else, the town could well still win without the edge.

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by Varcron View Post
    I don't think that last bit about non-citizen roles appearing once is really that necessary. If the town adapts their play style into the maf/NK thinking that they are something else, the town could well still win without the edge.
    I think this will balance it out nicely.

In S-FMs there is typically a static role list or a role pool. This setup has no static role pool.

Instead of having no information, town now knows what they do not have to worry about.

It's like an inverse role list where people know what isn't in the setup.

Quote Originally Posted by PathFinder View Post
    Hello Friends.
    This reminds me allot about this format!
    https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php...est_Idea_Mafia
    I really want to fucking play this now lol

8. ISO #8

In S-FMs there is typically a static role list or a role pool. This setup has no static role pool.

Instead of having no information, town now knows what they do not have to worry about.

That's the point; the town knows what they have to worry about and what they don't have to worry about.

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

Here’s some more information Friend!
    https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=115&t=81167

11. ISO #11

Fair; the goal of reviewing is not to destroy the setup's spirit. This will be approved as an Experimental Setup at the end of the process, and my comments will be adjusted to follow the spirit you clarified.

Town gets more powerful based on what confirmed info they have. Town already starts with a lot of info, such as approximately how many mafia there are (the any could always be mafia) or whether there is a confirmed NK going into D1.
    That is a general truth, but it does not apply here. The info you just stated it gives is the standard info given by a non-hidden setup with stable rolecards; knowing the rolelist sure is a Town advantage, but it doesn't modify the balance of a setup compared to the balance standards. What does modify it is the setup's instability, which is a strong part of the setup; with the new clause and the NK/Any being removed, I believe it to be relatively balanced for experimental standards. Of course, not all potential rolelists are balanced, but that is an issue inherent to the setup's spirit, and I believe the game can still be fun with that being said; the players will also have that in mind when they will sign.

Please clarify the following in the setup :
    Is N0 an actionless night or not (excluding the rolecard-picking)?
    What happens if a Bruiser carries the factional kill on a bodyguarded target?
    Do the Medusa and the Arsonist's respective ways to kill pierce night immunity?
    Does the Medusa's alert grant her a night immunity (standard Veteran role modifier)?

Also, I want to play this ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

12. ISO #12

Here’s an example of a 9 player game friend!
    Where there’s 3 Draws!

(Example)
    Draw 1 - Town Nymphomaniac, Vanilla Townie, Werewolf Doctor
    Pick - Werewolf Nymphomaniac Discard - Vanilla Townie
    Draw 2 - Werewolf Supersaint, Mafia Cupid, Town FBI Agent
    Pick - Town Supersaint Discard - Mafia Cupid
    Draw 3 - Town Treestump, Vanilla Townie, Alien One-Shot Unlynchable
    Pick - Alien Treestump Discard - Vanilla Townie

(Then after everyone made their picks, the host chooses the draw in use)