WD No Conversion
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

2. ISO #2

Re: WD No Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by Drizzt View Post
    WD saved me but failed to convert me to cult. WITCH DOCTOR REPLAY.SC2Replay

Idk, strange and I cannot account for the lack of cult conversion. Is there a simple answer I didn't see?
    i'm too lazy to open the replay right now, but think of witch doctor as two separate actions. Action 1 is doctoring which happens at the same time as all other doctors. Action 2 is culting which happens at the end of the night to somebody he healed.

If anything happens between 1 and 2 that make you no longer a possibility for conversion, then you don't get converted.
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

While I don't understand all the mechanics here myself:

1) the triad tried to kill you
    2) the witch doctor saved you
    3) the mason leader tried to recruit you

My guess is that there is code so that a mason visit makes it impossible for you to be culted. @Frinckles can check.

which makes sense... I mean it would be really dumb if the cult could convert people the same night the masons check them. The current gameplay is that the masons check somebody and assume they're clear at least for the next day. If cult conversion could happen anyway, the masons wouldn't be able to trust anybody ever.
    Last edited by DJarJar; March 10th, 2020 at 08:40 PM.

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

It's a doozy. I'm too tired to look into it right now. I'll take a look tomorrow.

All conversions occur at the end of the night. Generally a just-converted Cultist is killed by a Mason visiting. I'm not sure if the same thing happens via WD.
    (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)ﻭ 레드벨벳 ! ! ٩(♡ε♡ )۶

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    It's a doozy. I'm too tired to look into it right now. I'll take a look tomorrow.

All conversions occur at the end of the night. Generally a just-converted Cultist is killed by a Mason visiting. I'm not sure if the same thing happens via WD.
    sure but think about a WD conversion in that scenario - it would be an infinite loop

WD heals player
    WD converts
    ML kills player
    WD heals player
    ML kills player
    WD heals player

so it makes more sense to just disable WD conversion if the guy is visited by masons

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    sure but think about a WD conversion in that scenario - it would be an infinite loop

WD heals player
    WD converts
    ML kills player
    WD heals player
    ML kills player
    WD heals player

so it makes more sense to just disable WD conversion if the guy is visited by masons
    I mean you have two options. Option 1 is to murder them since Mason visited them same night they were saved by WD. Option 2 is to let them live without changing roles. IDK which is "best", but just making them a cultist is the one thing that wouldn't make sense, because then the ML should kill them and it would further nerf an already pretty useless WD role.

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

Nice one Kenny. You ever think of writing/auditing contracts for a living? Such a simple answer, but I noticed there still wasn't a "fail" on the attempted conversion- but that's probably related to the fact that the target was healed (that action was successful) but not culted (that is a separate action and was NOT-successful), so the healing and conversion are mutually exclusive.
    Last edited by Drizzt; March 13th, 2020 at 11:59 AM.