S-FM 294 : Undercover (9P) - Ladder Season 7, game 1 - Signups
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

S-FM 294 : Undercover (9P) - Ladder Season 7, game 1 - Signups

Welcome to the signups for the first game of the seventh season of the FM Ladder! You may /sign here, and will automatically be enrolled in the Ladder; you may "/sign opt out" if you do not wish to be counted for rank points. Please take the time to vote for your favorite setup(s); although you are not required to vote, the one with the most votes will be played on the second game of the season. Note that if there is a tie, the Host of the next game will choose their setup among the tied ones. I hope you'll enjoy this game!

Hosted by @Marshmallow Marshall .
    Co-hosted by @Distorted .

Link to the setup : https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...ndercover-(9P)

Signs :
    1. yzb25
    2. aamirus
    3. Frinckles
    4. BananaCucho
    5. Stealthbomber16
    6. JoeyDX
    7. Gyrlander
    8. Michael34
    9. LuckyDucky

Reserves :
    1. Kenny

Rules
    The Forum Mafia Rules (link) apply. They mostly include what comes next, at least in spirit, but they are not limited to the following lines.
    No out of game communication, no private messages, no last wills, no death notes.
    This is a competitive game, so treat it as such : there should not be excessive amounts of shitposting, although some of it, especially in early stages, is perfectly normal and fine.
    This is also a game made to have fun! Remember to be nice at eachother, even though things can (and probably will) get heated about alignments.
    Keep attacks slot-directed and not person-directed.

Edits to the setup
    Lynch mode will be set to plurality + majority.
    I'm open to changing the 72 hours days to 48 hours days. I'm also open to having only the first day last 72 hours.
    Note that the setup had a Citizen added after seeing the result of the game when it was hosted, and considering the general balance. It is included in the main setup page, but I'm letting you know in case you had played the first version before.

Good luck, and have fun!
    Last edited by Marshmallow Marshall; February 22nd, 2020 at 05:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

2. ISO #2

Re: S-FM 294 : Undercover (9P) - Ladder Season 7, game 1 - Signups

/sign
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyDX View Post
    /sign up I've never played an FM before so can someone let me know what to expect? I played sc2mafia and it says during the night cutscene that I can play an FM on the website.
    Hey Joey, glad you joined us ^^ you've been around on the mod for quite a bit, as far as I can tell. You're at the right place and did the right thing, and are now counted in as a player! You will be mentioned ( @JoeyDX ) when the game starts, so I recommend you to make sure to check the forum regularly (like once per day) to make sure you don't miss out on anything, especially the game's start.

Here's a link to the setup that you might want to read: here (link, click me). If you need help to understand the setup, just tell me!

Stuff you don't have to read but that will help you understand the FM universe a bit more:
    FM is different from the SC2 Mafia arcade map, but has the same spirit : an uninformed majority, the Town, fights an informed minority, the Mafia. Neutrals exist too, although they're less present than in 933s or 8331s. The game is much more based on logical analysis than the mod, and has deeper strategy. Phases (day/night) lasting much longer than on the mod contribute to this, and so does the different setup mentality (more citizens, less power roles). After playing FM, you will realize that most setups played on the mod are incredibly town-favored if played correctly. I can link you to guides if you'd like, but those tend to be long, and you're really not required to read them. If you're interested or have any questions, hit me up, though.

Note that even while in game, you can always @Marshmallow Marshall with your question in green, since I'm hosting the game (taking care of what the computer takes care of on the mod).
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

9. ISO #9

Best piece of advice I can give is that FM is very reliant on reading. It will require you to read everything and reread everything. You’ll have to come to your own conclusions.

Because there is a general lack of roles with night actions in FM, you have to rely on hard reads; essentially who is mafia based on how they are acting/reacting.

If you have no idea what to do, ask questions. That’s what I do and it hasn’t fucked me over yet. Pick a player who is online and ask them their opinion about something/someone. Then wait for their response and engage in conversation.

...you’ll get the hang of it pretty quickly, don’t worry. This is a great exercise of logic. After playing this for a while I’ve noticed conversation, and more specifically conflict is easier to resolve IRL. It’s pretty uncanny.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

Sounds awesome to me, when does the game starting?
    SoonTM. The game needs to fill first, and we need one reserve to start the game since it's a Ladder one (reserves are people that will replace a player if they happen to be inactive or if they can't play anymore in emergency cases).

And Banana, it's not because you don't know how to play that noone does! :P sorry was just too tempting

13. ISO #13

Sounds awesome to me, when does the game starting?
    We need three more people to fill, plus a reserve since this is a ladder game.

As far as going from the mod to FM's. FM's are more reading and writing intensive but there are some overlapping strategies. The most common one I've seen on the mod would be making reads based off how people are voting and the actions the take. This setup is relatively similar to a nine player mod setup. Just make sure to read all the rules for the setup itself and general FM rules (so don't edit your posts, know how to [/vote] etc.)

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    Speaking of which, I know we can get three more people. Why the hell hasn't this filled? It's a damn SK game. Nobody has to worry about what a carol is, now get in here.
    Right? This should already be filled! Carolers are great though
    @Ganelon @rumox @blinkskater @Wiisp @Glip @Auckmid Get in here!!

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22

Welcome, Michael! If you're new to FM, here's a quote to get you started.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Hey Joey, glad you joined us ^^ you've been around on the mod for quite a bit, as far as I can tell. You're at the right place and did the right thing, and are now counted in as a player! You will be mentioned ( @JoeyDX ) when the game starts, so I recommend you to make sure to check the forum regularly (like once per day) to make sure you don't miss out on anything, especially the game's start.

Here's a link to the setup that you might want to read: here (link, click me). If you need help to understand the setup, just tell me!

Stuff you don't have to read but that will help you understand the FM universe a bit more:
    FM is different from the SC2 Mafia arcade map, but has the same spirit : an uninformed majority, the Town, fights an informed minority, the Mafia. Neutrals exist too, although they're less present than in 933s or 8331s. The game is much more based on logical analysis than the mod, and has deeper strategy. Phases (day/night) lasting much longer than on the mod contribute to this, and so does the different setup mentality (more citizens, less power roles). After playing FM, you will realize that most setups played on the mod are incredibly town-favored if played correctly. I can link you to guides if you'd like, but those tend to be long, and you're really not required to read them. If you're interested or have any questions, hit me up, though.

Note that even while in game, you can always @Marshmallow Marshall with your question in green, since I'm hosting the game (taking care of what the computer takes care of on the mod).
    Don't hesitate to ask if you have questions!

23. ISO #23

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    fucking join cause bananacucho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    and yzb the toilet.
    Long live the Cat Empress, fire bananas and toilets.

24. ISO #24

25. ISO #25

oooohhh shit this game is either gonna be great or it'll be a train wreck

best of luck to all newbies!

i remember getting obliterated in my first game way back when

edit: if we get another new player who signs up i volunteer to be moved to reserve
    Last edited by Stealthbomber16; February 22nd, 2020 at 03:47 PM. Reason: d
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

26. ISO #26

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyDucky View Post
    I would like to give this a shot
    Wow, so many fresh players Welcome!

We only need a sign or a reserve, and then I'll start randomizing the roles and all.

27. ISO #27

28. ISO #28

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    /reserv
    Alright, we're full! I'll randomize and distribute rolecards ASAP. If everything goes well, I'm planning on starting on Tuesday, 00:00 CET, aka Monday 18:00 EST and Monday 15:00 PST. @Distorted (co-host) @Kenny (reserve) @yzb25 @aamirus @BananaCucho @Gyrlander @JoeyDX @Michael34 @Frinckles @LuckyDucky @Stealthbomber16

Set your reminders to avoid forgetting about the game!

Edit : Rolecards have been sent. If you have not recieved yours, please message me privately.
    Last edited by Marshmallow Marshall; February 22nd, 2020 at 06:16 PM.