S-FM 293: - Page 38
Register

User Tag List

Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,900 of 1931

Thread: S-FM 293:

  1. #1851

  2. #1852

  3. #1853

  4. #1854

    Re: S-FM

    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Are you saying that you can't see how people are contributing MUCH less compared to yesterday?
    No I'm saying that because I quite literally couldnt read it otherwise. Also, I like satire.

    Magoroth, Light and Voss go a lesser extent are contributing more. Everyone else has fallen off.

  5. #1855

  6. #1856

  7. #1857

  8. #1858

  9. #1859

  10. #1860

  11. #1861

  12. #1862

  13. #1863

    Re: S-FM

    Very well, but remember this... I'll be looking at you when you're laid on the cross and the twelve blows are crashing down on your limbs. When the crowd is finally tired of your screams and wandered home, I will climb up through your blood and sit beside you. I will look deep into your eyes... and drop by drop I will trickle my disgust into them like burning acid until... finally... you perish.

  14. #1864

  15. #1865

  16. #1866

  17. #1867

    Re: S-FM

    The game has reached a conclusion.

    All living players have won the game.
    Gyrlander has received MVP for solving it.

    The setup was purely citizens. I wanted to see what would happen.

    I had @Marshmallow Marshall and @Otakudweeb69 helping me to decide when the game would conclude. We were gonna let it go for another night but we don't need to.

    I hope this game has been reflective on how you read players. I know I found it fucking hilarious to watch but also highly informative. This was very eye-opening.

    Dead players may now post.

    https://discord.gg/VT3gJYQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    @Stealthbomber16 is Light scum this game?
    you said hes more passive aggressive as scum
    Quote Originally Posted by deathworlds View Post
    Uh, SB16 isn't a part of this game
    Hopefully you'll get banned and hit by a truck.

  18. #1868

    Re: S-FM

    Octane was supposed to continue posting on his octane account but because he significantly stepped up I'm not going to consider it a breach of our terms.

    Also, yeah, ozy genuinely committed suicide over the night because he was worried he would be mislynched and didn't want the scum to distract the town with his train.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    @Stealthbomber16 is Light scum this game?
    you said hes more passive aggressive as scum
    Quote Originally Posted by deathworlds View Post
    Uh, SB16 isn't a part of this game
    Hopefully you'll get banned and hit by a truck.

  19. #1869

  20. #1870

  21. #1871

  22. #1872

  23. #1873

  24. #1874

  25. #1875

  26. #1876

  27. #1877

  28. #1878

  29. #1879

  30. #1880

  31. #1881

  32. #1882

    Re: S-FM

    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    I love it when hosts are snarky, and players don't read into it.

    A+ hosting on that front SB
    It also makes more sense that you seemingly had extra info from the host because you were running the narrator (for example you must have known about the miscounted vote long before anyone else), since there was no game anyway
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

  33. #1883

    Re: S-FM

    Like I thought Yagami had changed his vote to save octane and lynch Huey before Kenny pointed out to me that none of them changed their votes, just resubmitted same thing. Cuz that vote I submitted WAS my previous vote and I knew it made ozy the lynch. Confusing
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

  34. #1884

    Re: S-FM

    @Voss I am thinking that maybe an improvement on the hidden votes with 1 hour left would be to add more functionality to narrator. During last hour, allow players to still submit votes the normal way, just dont update the consensus.

    Also, I think it would be really helpful if I could see exactly how my vote will change the consensus, if it all, as Im making the vote in the GUI, though I realize thats hard because the GUI doesnt know which player we are. But maybe let us choose who we are and then show us how the new vote would change the consensus.
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

  35. #1885

  36. #1886

  37. #1887

  38. #1888

  39. #1889

  40. #1890

  41. #1891
    Ganelon
    Guest

    Re: S-FM

    What the fuck

  42. #1892

  43. #1893

    Re: S-FM

    Single votes have too much influence in condorcet imo. Because everyone has everyone voted a countervote often results in a bigger change than just one slot going up or down. This makes the whole train change its appearance.

    In regular vote systems on the other hand one vote doesn't have this derailing power. Instead they require words and persuasion to get another player to this same top spot. That lack of the discussion requirement then makes condorcet as a whole the more scumsided vote system. Silent votes benefit scum after all.

    And ofc that placing players in the middle of votes allows for disguised voting

  44. #1894
    Ganelon
    Guest

    Re: S-FM

    Stealth, you realize you just made history right
    This is gonna go down as one of the trolliest games on this site, right there next to the Reality Bender setup

  45. #1895

  46. #1896

  47. #1897
    Ganelon
    Guest

    Re: S-FM

    I still think Kenny and Voss were scum btw

  48. #1898

    Re: S-FM

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    @Voss I am thinking that maybe an improvement on the hidden votes with 1 hour left would be to add more functionality to narrator. During last hour, allow players to still submit votes the normal way, just dont update the consensus.

    Also, I think it would be really helpful if I could see exactly how my vote will change the consensus, if it all, as Im making the vote in the GUI, though I realize thats hard because the GUI doesnt know which player we are. But maybe let us choose who we are and then show us how the new vote would change the consensus.
    Your first suggestion was the original plan, but I didn't have the technical time to do it.

    And I can do that, but vote 'jiggling' is what i'm exactly trying to avoid. More on this in my response to Kenny.

    FM XVII: Bonney Jewelry (Journalist)
    FM XVIII: Kalou (Savage Godfather)
    FM XX: Joseph Bertrand (Marshall)
    FM XXI: USA (Escort)
    FM XV: Whiskey (Whore)

  49. #1899

  50. #1900

    Re: S-FM

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Single votes have too much influence in condorcet imo. Because everyone has everyone voted a countervote often results in a bigger change than just one slot going up or down. This makes the whole train change its appearance.

    In regular vote systems on the other hand one vote doesn't have this derailing power. Instead they require words and persuasion to get another player to this same top spot. That lack of the discussion requirement then makes condorcet as a whole the more scumsided vote system. Silent votes benefit scum after all.

    And ofc that placing players in the middle of votes allows for disguised voting
    I think you perceived that single votes had 'influence', but there were times that my vote had the opposite effect on what I intended. Or no effect. But what you're describing there with the 'train changing' its appearance, is exactly what happens when there are multiple mini trains.

    As for 'persuasion' and 'words', I'd argue that that's the same way you could play majority. I'm going to vote for my guy, and fuck all you all if no one else thinks he's suspicious. Or from the opposite perspective, "let me check out what this person thinks of the game, and try to get them to change their mind on any couple of people". "or let me try and change this person's mind in that their #1 scum read isn't good". Granted, I didn't do a very good job of that because this wasn't my best game.

    I don't know if I'd call middle voting of people as 'disguised' voting.

    Here's a thought. What if I were to figure out a way that you could submit tiers of voting? Like instead of a strict priority list you'd have something like

    - pure scum
    - probably scum, would lynch
    - null would lync
    - town but could see flip
    - skip day
    - fuck you these are town.

    Would that help assuage your 'middle voting' concerns?

    FM XVII: Bonney Jewelry (Journalist)
    FM XVIII: Kalou (Savage Godfather)
    FM XX: Joseph Bertrand (Marshall)
    FM XXI: USA (Escort)
    FM XV: Whiskey (Whore)

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •