Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Host-ban list

Ganelon

Re: Host-ban list

Quote Originally Posted by theoneceko View Post
    I played runlingrun but keep getting kicked from lobbies because I spam, lol.
    damn mate youíre mad lmao

Ganelon

Quote Originally Posted by MrMostache View Post
    A white list for hosting would be ridiculous. I don't think we want to be flooded with whitelist requests.

Etheo does make some good points. Even with my 4-repick votes, I find it very hard to repick, and afking during just the setup phase is a completely normal thing.

Just like we handle Pointbans, we could handle something similar. A staff will review a replay, and determine if the replay is a troll save. First offense, is a watchlist. Second offense is a Host-banlist. Something like that.

That being said, I don't think a lone Administrator that can't turn to DH is a troll save. My logic is similar to an unlucky Witch doctor, who couldn't convert town. Since we don't hold most neutrals accountable for some crimes(survivor role quitting/gamethrowing), it's completely OK to treat this lone triad as a neutral.
    Technically, new players have to get whitelisted to play anyways. Why should this be any different?
    The thing is, how would you determine if someone is eligible for a white list?

After playing yodaddy's save twice, the only thing that is possibly "troll" about it is a non-killing triad spawning out of any. Basically a weird version of Auditor spawning out of Neut or any. Or for some roles, a town role spawning in that is actively working against town. I talked to yodaddy and asked him if he could maybe make it so that any triads spawning out of Any are killing triads. (enforcer, dh, disguiser, interro). Talking from experience since I played a similar mafia 8331, and I spawned as a lone Triad (interrogator) out of the Any. That game was a refreshingly fun challenge, even if I didn't win in the end. Etheopian is just being overly dramatic when it comes to his opinion on yodaddy's save.

As for the actual host-ban suggestion, I still stand by my previous post: let players have the same sort of vision towards the save that host has (clicking through the roles and random slots to see the options, as well as getting the same overview of the exclusions and rolecards that you get ingame), extend repick time, MAKE REPICK VOTES VISIBLE, have -default reset to Standard 933 or 8331, and after all that, extend -repick time after Start button is pressed to about 20-30 seconds.
    https://imgur.com/a/NqMwElZ fuck it heres all the sc2mafia pics i would have put in the sig

Quote Originally Posted by Grakylan View Post
    After playing yodaddy's save twice, the only thing that is possibly "troll" about it is a non-killing triad spawning out of any. Basically a weird version of Auditor spawning out of Neut or any. Or for some roles, a town role spawning in that is actively working against town. I talked to yodaddy and asked him if he could maybe make it so that any triads spawning out of Any are killing triads. (enforcer, dh, disguiser, interro). Talking from experience since I played a similar mafia 8331, and I spawned as a lone Triad (interrogator) out of the Any. That game was a refreshingly fun challenge, even if I didn't win in the end. Etheopian is just being overly dramatic when it comes to his opinion on yodaddy's save.

As for the actual host-ban suggestion, I still stand by my previous post: let players have the same sort of vision towards the save that host has (clicking through the roles and random slots to see the options, as well as getting the same overview of the exclusions and rolecards that you get ingame), extend repick time, MAKE REPICK VOTES VISIBLE, have -default reset to Standard 933 or 8331, and after all that, extend -repick time after Start button is pressed to about 20-30 seconds.
    My save is not trollish. Solo triad is very very very low %. You have a better chance of getting struck by lightning than to roll solo triad. As for Etheopian, I’m going to blizzard because this guy is unreportable for whatever reason. He is a troll and I’ve noticed every game I’ve been in he audits me or suggest to kill me if he is a mafia role. I believe he name hacks and knows who I am every game. I can’t prove it because it’s something that I just can’t but I know he does it. I’m making a few phone calls to blizzard later this week so I know what can be done about this. 80% of mafia players do not like Etheopian. He is a bully and I don’t put up with this. I’m not changing my save, it is an advanced 8331 with the 1 Any Random being any role on the board (except mafia). There doesn’t need to be a host ban, he’s being dramatic like you said and a bully. If you don’t like the save then go host your own lobby. I’ve been trying to tell that to him instead of rage quitting and rolequitting my save because that ruins the game for the other 14 people. Overall, I’m done with him and further actions will be handed out via blizzard.
    Last edited by Yodaddy2; May 4th, 2020 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Less harsh

Quote Originally Posted by Yodaddy2 View Post
    My save is not trollish. Solo triad is very very very low %. You have a better chance of getting struck by lightning than to roll solo triad. As for Etheopian, Iím going to blizzard because this guy is unreportable for whatever reason. He is a troll and Iíve noticed every game Iíve been in he audits me or suggest to kill me if he is a mafia role. I believe he name hacks and knows who I am every game. I canít prove it because itís something that I just canít but I know he does it. Iím making a few phone calls to blizzard later this week so I know what can be done about this. 80% of mafia players do not like Etheopian. He is a bully and I donít put up with this. Iím not changing my save, it is an advanced 8331 with the 1 Any Random being any role on the board (except mafia). There doesnít need to be a host ban, heís being dramatic like you said and a bully. If you donít like the save then go host your own lobby. Iíve been trying to tell that to him instead of rage quitting and rolequitting my save because that ruins the game for the other 14 people. Overall, Iím done with him and further actions will be handed out via blizzard.
    AWWWWW POOR YODADDY LOL

My save is not trollish. Solo triad is very very very low %. You have a better chance of getting struck by lightning than to roll solo triad. As for Etheopian, Iím going to blizzard because this guy is unreportable for whatever reason. He is a troll and Iíve noticed every game Iíve been in he audits me or suggest to kill me if he is a mafia role. I believe he name hacks and knows who I am every game. I canít prove it because itís something that I just canít but I know he does it. Iím making a few phone calls to blizzard later this week so I know what can be done about this. 80% of mafia players do not like Etheopian. He is a bully and I donít put up with this. Iím not changing my save, it is an advanced 8331 with the 1 Any Random being any role on the board (except mafia). There doesnít need to be a host ban, heís being dramatic like you said and a bully. If you donít like the save then go host your own lobby. Iíve been trying to tell that to him instead of rage quitting and rolequitting my save because that ruins the game for the other 14 people. Overall, Iím done with him and further actions will be handed out via blizzard.
    If you think you are being harassed in game start a collection of saves showing it, and hand them onto reports.

But. Your save sounds awesome. That is the same settings that I used to run. My any random could be solo triad, and then I would prefer triad roles. Solo triad is basically like a neutral evil role.
    Cryptonic made this sig

You should try forum mafia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    @Stealthbomber16 is Light scum this game?
    you said heís more passive aggressive as scum
    Quote Originally Posted by deathworlds View Post
    Uh, SB16 isn't a part of this game
    Hopefully you'll get banned and hit by a truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    You should try forum mafia.
    Indeed!

And I like your new sig stealth lol
    Spoiler : Quotes :
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    God is a goofy loser.

Anyone who wants this change is soft. It takes 2 seconds to type -repick. There is no reason to make such a change to mafia. If we are not allowed to make our own unique saves, then make every game be boring ass 8331 by default. Or, keep it how it has been for 8 years, and if you don't like the save you are looking at, type "-repick" it's really not hard.

Honestly, this is ridiculous. The repick command is more than enough. Also, troll saves are honestly a rarity. I don't think I've recently played 14 SK 1 mayor (or whatever your example was). The current save selection system is fine and it requires no changes.

If you start banning people from hosting for using unique saves, THEN DON'T HAVE SAVE CUSTOMIZATION IN THE FIRST PLACE. Just have it default to the same basic save every time. But this game originally allowed us to make our own saves for a more fun experience, and it would be ridiculous to change that. Don't fix what isn't broken. Quit being a lazy bum and type "-repick" and if that doesn't work you did all you could, oh well.

Honestly, troll saves are almost non-existent. This would be an unnecessary change that would only be abused by people. And even if you really think troll saves are THAT bad because you run across one every 50 games, then just make every game be 8331 (even though this goes against the original idea behind this game).

Do these words sound familiar:
    "Thousands of possible game setups"
    "Over a dozen game options"
    "Full customization"

But yeah, let's ignore all of that because we're mad we played one save we didn't like. SOFT.
    Last edited by Taco; May 10th, 2020 at 11:47 PM.

Team,

Please view the attached replay.

troll_host.SC2Replay

The host selects a setup that appears normal but features very troll settings under the hood (sole triad, can't kill). Several players are very outraged, with two players (5 and 7) notably complaining furiously during the entire game as a result of the setup.

The host takes it upon himself to -prefer a role that has an easy shot to victory in ensuing the chaos: jester.

In the end, you've got many players who were forced into a very negative game experience, while the host walks away with his jester win. He acts self congratulatory at the end of the save, insisting that it was all perfect, and shaming the unfortunate players for disliking his troll save.

I am calling upon the sc2mafia community to do something about this. This behavior isn't right. This isn't the kind of attitude you use to build up a community. This is basically griefing at this point.

I think any of the solutions mentioned in this thread would help solve the problem. Please, sc2mafia staff, consider doing something about this.

Thank you for your attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Etheopian View Post
    Team,

troll_host.SC2Replay

The host selects a setup that appears normal but features very troll settings under the hood (sole triad, can't kill). Several players are very outraged, with two players (5 and 7) notably complaining furiously during the entire game as a result of the setup.

The host takes it upon himself to -prefer a role that has an easy shot to victory in ensuing the chaos: jester.

In the end, you've got many players who were forced into a very negative game experience, while the host walks away with his jester win. He acts self congratulatory at the end of the save, insisting that it was all perfect, and shaming the unfortunate players for disliking his troll save.

I am calling upon the sc2mafia community to do something about this. This behavior isn't right. This isn't the kind of attitude you use to build up a community. This is basically griefing at this point.

I think any of the solutions mentioned in this thread would help solve the problem. Please, sc2mafia staff, consider doing something about this.

repick.
    Cryptonic made this sig

Superjack, I very respectfully ask you to review the content in this thread. The players in the lobby do not know it is a troll save because they can't see the settings. Your smug reply does not help us solve the problem the community is faced with. Thank you.
    I have no power here.

I've personally ran a game where a Solo Triad is possible. I consider the slot challenging. I've found that some players go insane when you present them with a setup that isn't one that's regularly played, falling into deep rage without even consideration and hence ruining the game in doing so.

In fact I find it quite toxic for a community to refuse change or accept differences.
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    I have no power here.

I've personally ran a game where a Solo Triad is possible. I consider the slot challenging. I've found that some players go insane when you present them with a setup that isn't one that's regularly played, falling into deep rage without even consideration and hence ruining the game in doing so.

In fact I find it quite toxic for a community to refuse change or accept differences.
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to SuperJack again."
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

Team,

troll_host.SC2Replay

Repick the save then and quit complaining. This isn’t a troll save. This is a true 8331 where the 1 any random can be any role on the board. It’s rolling the dice and look at the % of the triad roles. We played my save atleast 10 times today and only 1 time there was a triad any random. People are tired of your complaining and you target me in games. I have multiple replays that show this. I’m not changing my save. Deal with it or go start your own lobby. Quit complaining and try to enjoy the game for once. I prefer Neutral Benign Roles, Bus driver, and Coroner. I’m no shaming anybody on what role they get. They complained the entire game and it was annoying. Just play the game it’s not hard.
    Last edited by Yodaddy2; May 19th, 2020 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rumox View Post
    I think we can all agree more information for players during setup would be a welcomed addition. The discussion on what is and is not a troll save doesn't lead anywhere.

This thread can be constructive so let's take that path and not the shit talking path.
    Iíve tried to offer a truce to this player @Etheopian but he declines and continues to troll me off and on in games. Iím not doing anything wrong here. All Iím doing is playing a game with my 8331 save. Iíve notified blizzard about this player cyberbullying, hopefully he will stop soon. Iíve had enough.

Ganelon

How about letting players click through the UI elements themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    This is not wrong in any way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    if we could just stop catering to the toxic attitude and apathy that has become the culture of this site.
    Its easy to tear something down. Building something real takes a level of conviction and dedication that is not cool or fun.

Hello Mafia Community,

I am infamously known for having the 8331 save with Triad non turning enforcer. We played my 8331 save 5 times in a row on May 28th. Town won twice, Mafia won once, Arsonist won once, and Solo triad won. There were 3 players remaining Mafioso, Judge, and Deceiver. Deceiver has 4 hides he can do during the game. It worked n2 as mafia tried to kill him, they thought he was Bus driver that was bussing himself. Deceiver saved 1 last hide for the last night of the game and killed Mafioso with a death noise and description I've never heard of before. This is the 2nd time Solo Triad has won this save (Administrator won with Survivor last month.) I am posting the replay for all that want to watch one of the most epic mafia games I have played. My 8331 gives everyone a chance to win any role possible in the game and letting the dice roll predict the roles in the game. I would like to ask people to quit bashing my save and rolequitting because all you're doing is making it miserable for the people that want to actually play the game. I believe we do not need to change the -repick system or create a Host Ban List. Don't like the host? Create your own lobby.

Replay: Most Epic mafia game Solo Triad win.SC2Replay