Town
    Town
    Town

Mafia
    Mafia
    Mafia

Stealthbomber16

Special Mechanics
    -During the days, starting from hour 0, every 6 hours a random person gains a random role ability from 1.5k Rolecards or 1k Rolecards. SB16 gains that ability too.
    -Each ability gets a random Modifier.
    -It is possible to do multiple actions at once. But you can only ever target 1 person at a time.

Mechanics
    -Plurality Lynch
    -Days last 48 hours. Nights last 24 hours.
    -Last Wills are allowed.
    -Death Notes are allowed.
    -The mafia have a night and day chat.
    -The mafia have a factional night kill.
    -No Suicides.

Possible Modifiers
    Spoiler : Modifiers :
    Anti-Action
    Macho - The player can’t be protected.
    Ninja - The player’s actions and targets can’t be checked.
    Strongman - Player’s abilities cannot be blocked or protected against.
    Timing-Limiting
    Even/Odd night - Player’s ability can only be used on given night.
    {X-day} Cooldown - It takes X days for the ability to be able to be used again.
    Non-Consecutive Night - The ability cannot be used two nights in a row.
    X-Shot - The ability or abilities can only be used X times per game.
    Target-Limiting
    Disloyal - The ability can only target players of the opposite alignment.
    Loyal - The ability can only target players of the same alignment.
    Indecisive - The ability cannot target the same player two times in a row.
    Multi-Target - The ability can target multiple targets.
    X-Unique - The ability cannot target the same player more than X times per game.
    Uncivilized - The player using the ability dies if they target Town.
    Weak - The player using the ability dies if they target Scum.
    Other
    Activated (Triggered) - The ability happens when a certain trigger occurs.
    Announcing - The ability is announced to its target when it is used.
    Burnout - When the ability is used, the player becomes Vanilla.
    Combined - The ability is a combination of two other abilities.
    Compulsive - The player must use the ability every time able.
    Delayed - The ability occurs at a later time.
    Event - The ability being activated is announced in thread, but not its targets or results.
    Loud - The player targeted learns that they are targeted by the player with the ability.
    Public - The ability is activated publicly.
    Vengeful - The ability triggers when the player dies.

Roles
    Spoiler : Roles :
    Citizen
    You're a Citizen
    Mafia
    You're the Mafia
    Stealthbomber16
    You're SB16.
    You have everyones power

Possible Feedback
    Seriously?

Win Conditions
    Town: Kill everyone who is not Town.
    Mafia: Kill everyone who is not Mafia.
    Stealthbomber16 : Kill Everyone.

Order of Operations
    Seriously?

Rules of Conduct
    1. Forum Mafia Rules
    2. To ask the Host a question, you must highlight the question in white, and mention the host.
    3. Directly quoting any feedback or PM by the host is forbidden.
    4. Stay active! (Host is the judge of that)
    Last edited by OzyWho; January 15th, 2020 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Change of Prefix

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3
    Ganelon

Re: S-FM En Route To Mayhem

LET'S START SUBMITTING NEW ROLES TO MY SETUP

4. ISO #4
    Ganelon

*submits blackmailer*
    *gets blackmailed*
    *ragequits*

5. ISO #5
    Ganelon

I like the fact that sb16 is a 3p in this setup

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8
    Ganelon

no u

9. ISO #9

You monster.

Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    I like the fact that sb16 is a 3p in this setup
    I was going to make that exact comment lol.

~~

This setup is obviously an Experimental one, and if it is to be played, the players ought to know that the game might not be perfectly balanced, and that they are playing for a fun and probably funny game.

Rylai is missing. I request Rylai. Add it in your setup, @Magoroth .

Do public activities reveal the person who uses the activity?

Does the JOAT modifier mean that the player will recieve more than one ability at once? That goes against the way actions are attributed; can you explain further?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    You monster.
    What seems to be the problem?
    Quite surprised this meme idea might actually turn into an actual confirmed setup.

This setup is obviously an Experimental one, and if it is to be played, the players ought to know that the game might not be perfectly balanced, and that they are playing for a fun and probably funny game.
    Yeah. Me personally, this setup is leagues above my capabilities as a host. There's uncountable amount of ways to ruin the game. Imagine day4, everyone alive has like 6 abiltiies and gets 6 more .
    Either it needs a truly experienced Host, or as you said - no serious game is possible from it.

Do public activities reveal the person who uses the activity?
    Public - The ability is activated publicly.
    What if I told you I never actually read the modifiers before now and just copy pasted them?
    Hmm. Public modifier seems to be very similar to
    Event - The ability being activated is announced in thread, but not its targets or results.
    I'm gonna say that the Public modifier forces the user to announce his action of that specific ability publically, in the game thread, instead of PMing it to the host.

Does the JOAT modifier mean that the player will recieve more than one ability at once? That goes against the way actions are attributed; can you explain further?
    That's some lucky modifier to get don't you think!
    It toally means someone got multiple abilities at once
    I'm up for removing it or changing it tbh.
    The "limited shots" part of that modifier - I think it would almost always be 1.
    Green
    @Marshmallow Marshall
    Last edited by OzyWho; December 14th, 2019 at 06:00 AM.

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12
    Ganelon

if I sign I hope to get that Mag/MM role @aamirus @Marshmallow Marshall

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14
    Ganelon

nope they aren't, 1.5krc explicitly excluded 1krc rolecards
    but a few roles based on ones originally made for 1krc do appear in 1.5krc, mostly made by myself I think (and a few by stealth)

15. ISO #15

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    I mean, no actually serious non-meme "thousand rolecards" game is possible because of the very nature of the roles. It doesn't stop the setup and its iterations from being part of the best Mafia experiences I've had personally, and I think the experience is shared with the other players. So yes, this might turn into an actual confirmed setup! I'm just here to make sure it runs as smoothly as possible.
    If you don't feel confident enough to host the game yourself, there might be someone else willing to do it at some point. Don't lose hope ^^

Fair for the Public modifier; all of these modifiers should be host-picked anyway to avoid weird/impossible combinations.

JOAT seems to be the overpowered modifier in a setup full of overpowered roles and abilities, so yes, I think removing it or changing it if you have an idea is the best thing to do.

Purple
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

16. ISO #16

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    add these roles as well
    I concur.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    if I sign I hope to get that Mag/MM role @aamirus @Marshmallow Marshall
    No me!! :P
    @Magoroth or @Stealthbomber16
    Are those 1k role cards not in the 1.5k role cards? Then I could add them to here.

I think it's unlikely this setup will see the light of day tbh.
    You'd be surprised, a lot of people didn't think the original 1krc wouldn't actually be played, or wouldn't work at all... Hehe.

17. ISO #17

I mean, no actually serious non-meme "thousand rolecards" game is possible because of the very nature of the roles. It doesn't stop the setup and its iterations from being part of the best Mafia experiences I've had personally, and I think the experience is shared with the other players. So yes, this might turn into an actual confirmed setup! I'm just here to make sure it runs as smoothly as possible.
    If you don't feel confident enough to host the game yourself, there might be someone else willing to do it at some point. Don't lose hope ^^

Fair for the Public modifier; all of these modifiers should be host-picked anyway to avoid weird/impossible combinations.

JOAT seems to be the overpowered modifier in a setup full of overpowered roles and abilities, so yes, I think removing it or changing it if you have an idea is the best thing to do.

Purple
    Removed joat

18. ISO #18

Are you still interested in this? If so, I have a major concern. The setup requires the host to be in the game every 6 hours, which is literally impossible if he/she is to keep a correct sleep schedule over the course of the game (be it just that lol). Isn't that a bit unrealistic? And if you sleep less than 6 hours, I'd assume that you're too busy IRL to host a management-heavy game.
    @OzyWho

19. ISO #19

Are you still interested in this? If so, I have a major concern. The setup requires the host to be in the game every 6 hours, which is literally impossible if he/she is to keep a correct sleep schedule over the course of the game (be it just that lol). Isn't that a bit unrealistic? And if you sleep less than 6 hours, I'd assume that you're too busy IRL to host a management-heavy game.
    @OzyWho
    That's a problem, yeah.
    Even for 2 Hosts, unrealistic expectation it is.

The solutions that come to mind are against the name/spirit of the setup.

This setup may forever stay as WIP and collect dust to inspire the future setups!
    Press F to pay respect. RIP

F

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

That's a problem, yeah.
    Even for 2 Hosts, unrealistic expectation it is.

The solutions that come to mind are against the name/spirit of the setup.

This setup may forever stay as WIP and collect dust to inspire the future setups!
    Press F to pay respect. RIP

F
    That's fair. May the setup and its dust inspire the future generations!

F
    MM, the Abandoned prefix - is it new?
    Yes! I added it some hours ago. Setups that haven't been touched in years are not really WIPs lol. The same goes for setups that are openly no longer in development for the foreseeable future and not complete. Speaking of such, I'm marking this setup as Abandoned, as you probably could tell. Feel free to request a WIP prefix if you have a genius idea about how to make the setup work!

Edit: I just realized that you had already changed your prefix

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    that abandoned prefix looks insanely sad
    That was the idea. I'm glad it's rendered correctly.

24. ISO #24

@Marshmallow Marshall @Lag
    I was hoping to run by an idea to you guys about this old setup idea and hear what you think of it.

What if instead give everyone a random role+modifier every x hours instead? Even once every 24 hours would technically give out more roles than the once every 6 hours to one player that is now. 12h would be more fitting for the setup flavor, 24h would be more manageable, 18h is middle between them.
    I've only hosted Lazy and Matrix6, not sure I can judge the difficulty of this.

What of the actual roles?
    ---
    Just a quick look, and in SB16s one I notice stuff like
    "Once per game, you may change the alignment of a player.
    You choose their alignment.
    It cannot be the same alignment as you."
    or
    "-Give a gift to a player every night
    -The contents of gifts are random and could be a medipack, a gun, a bomb, or really anything"
    ---
    In Ganelon's I notice stuff like defense and offense points in many of the roles - wut?
    ---
    Are roles in those even viable for this? They combined have 100+ roles, so that works, just not sure about the actual roles. Something like cards from Deck Mafia would work well, but those aren't public nor they're that many probably.

Just asking for your quick thoughts how realistic you guys think it is, so plz don't think that I'm asking you to deep dive analysis into the role page or something like that.

25. ISO #25

@Marshmallow Marshall @Lag
    I was hoping to run by an idea to you guys about this old setup idea and hear what you think of it.

What if instead give everyone a random role+modifier every x hours instead? Even once every 24 hours would technically give out more roles than the once every 6 hours to one player that is now. 12h would be more fitting for the setup flavor, 24h would be more manageable, 18h is middle between them.
    I've only hosted Lazy and Matrix6, not sure I can judge the difficulty of this.

What of the actual roles?
    ---
    Just a quick look, and in SB16s one I notice stuff like
    "Once per game, you may change the alignment of a player.
    You choose their alignment.
    It cannot be the same alignment as you."
    or
    "-Give a gift to a player every night
    -The contents of gifts are random and could be a medipack, a gun, a bomb, or really anything"
    ---
    In Ganelon's I notice stuff like defense and offense points in many of the roles - wut?
    ---
    Are roles in those even viable for this? They combined have 100+ roles, so that works, just not sure about the actual roles. Something like cards from Deck Mafia would work well, but those aren't public nor they're that many probably.

Just asking for your quick thoughts how realistic you guys think it is, so plz don't think that I'm asking you to deep dive analysis into the role page or something like that.
    18 hours is actually the least manageable of them all because the GCD of 18 and 24 is 6, meaning if you start at 10 PM, then the next change is at 4 PM (manageable), and then 10 AM (early, but manageable), and then 4 AM?? (not manageable). Both 12 hours (10 AM and 10 PM every day) and 24 hours (just 10 PM) have less times of the day when you'd have to potentially add modifiers

Giving it to everyone on a less frequent interval rather than just one player more frequently could work well though

As for actual role selection, here are some more role tables from other KRC games:
    Looney Tunes
    Gravity Falls
    Winter ?KRC

In general though, ?KRC roles are not suited to being slotted into other setups. A curated selection could work, but that's a lot of work.

The idea of cards from deck mafia is actually really good though, you could use something like this database for a bunch of different role powers, I know deck mafia has used many roles from that database for inspiration for a base set of cards in the early version of the game and has since built upon those base cards.
    Last edited by Lumi; February 1st, 2022 at 06:32 PM.

26. ISO #26

Quote Originally Posted by Lag View Post
    18 hours is actually the least manageable of them all because the GCD of 18 and 24 is 6, meaning if you start at 10 PM, then the next change is at 4 PM (manageable), and then 10 AM (early, but manageable), and then 4 AM?? (not manageable). Both 12 hours (10 AM and 10 PM every day) and 24 hours (just 10 PM) have less times of the day when you'd have to potentially add modifiers.
    Ahh, didn't think of that.
    Liking the krc role links in one place btw.

It slowly starts to dawn on me that this setup does require the extra effort and have it's own set of roles added to the setup page.
    Sort of wondering what'd be a sufficient quantity of roles.. probably 100.

Btw, do you have a quick opinion on wether the modifiers add to the setups enjoyment and theme, or are they unnecessary complication?
    Last edited by OzyWho; February 1st, 2022 at 09:14 PM.

27. ISO #27

One modifier to everyone per game day could work as well, no? But yeah, the setup could even be chaotic enough without modifiers, so you might not even need them. It might just be overkill.

Also, here's our own role compilation: https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...gestion-Thread