S-FM 290: Standoff (8P) - Page 12
Register

User Tag List

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Results 551 to 600 of 603
  1. #551

  2. #552

    Re: S-FM Standoff (8P)

    Quote Originally Posted by Light_Yagami View Post
    Naw I Had U Day 1 Took Me A Minute To Pin Down MM.. Sorry About That Fail Voss Was Only Half Right..
    I still have no idea how you had me pegged as scum before i commented
    Share Our Wealth, for not Sharing the wealth leaves the risk of dying when the communist arrive, and we dont want communist now do we.

  3. #553

    Re: S-FM Standoff (8P)

    Quote Originally Posted by Huey The Long View Post
    I still have no idea how you had me pegged as scum before i commented
    me? i read my inner chakra/tea leaves, and hoped mag didn't actually random the scum team.

    FM XVII: Bonney Jewelry (Journalist)
    FM XVIII: Kalou (Savage Godfather)
    FM XX: Joseph Bertrand (Marshall)
    FM XXI: USA (Escort)
    FM XV: Whiskey (Whore)

  4. #554

    Re: S-FM Standoff (8P)

    Efe, if you can't commit to voting mechanically confirmed scum in your eyes, at best, people aren't going to take you seriously, and at worst, not want to play with you. it's fine if you didn't understand it this game, but less excusable if you don't understand it going forward.

    FM XVII: Bonney Jewelry (Journalist)
    FM XVIII: Kalou (Savage Godfather)
    FM XX: Joseph Bertrand (Marshall)
    FM XXI: USA (Escort)
    FM XV: Whiskey (Whore)

  5. #555

    Re: S-FM Standoff (8P)

    Like, the only time that comes to mind on when you don't vote confirmed scum, is when the scum is confirmed to EVERYONE, and not just you, AND there's a confirmed town that's the obvious choice for mafia kill.

    this game definitely didn't have the situation I'm referring to.

    FM XVII: Bonney Jewelry (Journalist)
    FM XVIII: Kalou (Savage Godfather)
    FM XX: Joseph Bertrand (Marshall)
    FM XXI: USA (Escort)
    FM XV: Whiskey (Whore)

  6. #556

  7. #557

    Re: S-FM Standoff (8P)

    That moment when for most of the game - it's like less than 1 post per hour.

    But then it's suddenly 300 new posts.

    A game where where Efekann had one of the most content AND seems to be a voice of reason?

    I will just assume I won't miss out on much if I don't read the final ~12 hours or whatever.

    However, what I did want to say ever since D1 - MM's gameplay scares me. It feels like one that me specifically can't NOT townread. And the scary part is that if he was to be scum, he could play the same exact way, no way to tell the difference, and have a great power mafia game.

    And voila - he really was Mafia? Jeezus. I would had never suspected it.

  8. #558

  9. #559

    Re: S-FM Standoff (8P)

    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    Efe, if you can't commit to voting mechanically confirmed scum in your eyes, at best, people aren't going to take you seriously, and at worst, not want to play with you. it's fine if you didn't understand it this game, but less excusable if you don't understand it going forward.
    I Like Ice Cream

  10. #560

    Re: S-FM Standoff (8P)

    Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    tbh I was drunk af today. didn't really follow much
    still am
    Now that you're sober - you can make a proper EoD/G post

    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    I don't understand why efe didn't vote the mechanically confirmed scum, rather than a potential scum read..
    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    Efe, if you can't commit to voting mechanically confirmed scum in your eyes, at best, people aren't going to take you seriously, and at worst, not want to play with you. it's fine if you didn't understand it this game, but less excusable if you don't understand it going forward.
    Technically speaking, it wasn't mechanically proven, since Bartender can be either alignment. But yeah. It was dumb, given that MM kept on a literal counter claim against Efe. A Bartender wouldn't had done it.

    @Marshmallow Marshall What's your opinion on the idea of claiming actual Bartender and making up a BS excuse why you gave Frickles a fake info?
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Huey you played okay, but leaving MM open to a 33% chance to being lynched day 1 IMO was poor poor scum play.

    Stealth being a lynch candidate was p bad too imo there was nothing from that slot, 100% null read.
    Huey was celebrating IRL stuff, so he wasn't there.
    But I think he shouldn't influence the 33% if he was there - because that would put him on top of everyones "potential" lists. Him being the ony player who would had tried to influece a 3 way tie, I personally would be suspicious of that. And in this particular game - Huey/MM potential scumteam would be on top of everyone's lists IF same 2 people died EoD1/N1. Though, in that scenario the Mafia wouldn't had killed at night any of the "3 way tie" players.

    Stealth had how many posts? 2 or something? With 0 content? I would policy lynch any player there 100/100 times, except this game - I would had policy lynched more than half the players so there's that
    You don't policy lynch people? Is it your opinion that it's a bad thing to do for Town?

    @Huey The Long
    You putting the idea in Efekann's head that Frickles could be a Tailor - it literally won you the game in a practically lost position. Even though it wouldn't had worked on 99% other players, it's still REALLY well played by you to pull out a win out of such a dire situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    EFE CALLED MARSHMALLOW MARSHALL A BARTENDER. A ROLE THAT GIVES FAKE FEEDBACK.

    MARSHMALLOW MARSHALL CLAIMS GUNSMITH AND I GOT FEEDBACK THAT I WAS GIVEN A GUN.

    THESE ARE COUNTERCLAIMS. THERE IS ZERO REASON TO VOTE ME. LYNCHING OUTSIDE OF THESE TWO CLAIMS IS ANTI-TOWN.
    Well, it's not Zero Zero. Just very close to Zero.
    The idea, that you might be a Tailor and want to lynch MM, whom you tailored to look like Mafia, by counterclaiming him - it's a very attractive idea, you have to admit that.

    Obviously voting you instead of MM is very very bad play by Efe, because MM literally counterclaims Efe. But it's not Zero Zero reasons as you said.

    @Efekannn02 How could you ever side with MM after this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    What the fuck? Frinckles claims to have given ME a gun? And I'm a bartender now? And Voss is dead, he ain't going to claim anything...

    At this point, Efekannn02 is confirmed scum from my point of view

    -vote Efekannn02

  11. #561

  12. #562

    Re: S-FM Standoff (8P)

    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    It was mechanically proven because MM was saying he was something other than what Efe saw.
    maybe it's just semantics, but the spirit of my post is still correct.

    FM XVII: Bonney Jewelry (Journalist)
    FM XVIII: Kalou (Savage Godfather)
    FM XX: Joseph Bertrand (Marshall)
    FM XXI: USA (Escort)
    FM XV: Whiskey (Whore)

  13. #563

    Re: S-FM Standoff (8P)

    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    maybe it's just semantics, but the spirit of my post is still correct.
    It is, yeah.
    I'm curious. If MM was a green Bartender instead of a red one, what would be different? It's a bit hard to accept that it's as simple as "red one counterclaims, green one doesn't" - because that would make MMs play simply bad.

  14. #564

    Re: S-FM Standoff (8P)

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    It is, yeah.
    I'm curious. If MM was a green Bartender instead of a red one, what would be different? It's a bit hard to accept that it's as simple as "red one counterclaims, green one doesn't" - because that would make MMs play simply bad.
    Nothing. He was already scummy EOD1 and I townread Efes play. There would be no reason to give me false feedback as town.

  15. #565

    Re: S-FM Standoff (8P)

    The Tailor thing was a stroke of genius for a few mins by me, i didnt realise it only worked on flips but i think just the idea that MM could be Town for a few seconds could of helped my position. Frinckles whole roleswap thing really backfired in the end i think, yes efe made bad plays but like if it wasnt for Frinckles double false claim i dont think i could of justifed voting him
    Share Our Wealth, for not Sharing the wealth leaves the risk of dying when the communist arrive, and we dont want communist now do we.

  16. #566

    Re: S-FM Standoff (8P)

    Quote Originally Posted by Huey The Long View Post
    The Tailor thing was a stroke of genius for a few mins by me, i didnt realise it only worked on flips but i think just the idea that MM could be Town for a few seconds could of helped my position. Frinckles whole roleswap thing really backfired in the end i think, yes efe made bad plays but like if it wasnt for Frinckles double false claim i dont think i could of justifed voting him
    Roleswapping with Mafia wasn't going to work out anyway. Missing a vote and having the other misplaced was the primary issue. Like Voss/Blink said; If people had qualms with the whole GS-retracting thing, it could have been handled the following day -- not with people openly counterclaiming eachother.

  17. #567

    Re: S-FM Standoff (8P)

    Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    Nothing. He was already scummy EOD1 and I townread Efes play. There would be no reason to give me false feedback as town.
    if mm was actually green bartender there would have been no reason for mm to claim gs and say frinckles had a real gun.

    FM XVII: Bonney Jewelry (Journalist)
    FM XVIII: Kalou (Savage Godfather)
    FM XX: Joseph Bertrand (Marshall)
    FM XXI: USA (Escort)
    FM XV: Whiskey (Whore)

  18. #568

    Re: S-FM Standoff (8P)

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    Now that you're sober - you can make a proper EoD/G post



    Technically speaking, it wasn't mechanically proven, since Bartender can be either alignment. But yeah. It was dumb, given that MM kept on a literal counter claim against Efe. A Bartender wouldn't had done it.

    @Marshmallow Marshall What's your opinion on the idea of claiming actual Bartender and making up a BS excuse why you gave Frickles a fake info?

    Huey was celebrating IRL stuff, so he wasn't there.
    But I think he shouldn't influence the 33% if he was there - because that would put him on top of everyones "potential" lists. Him being the ony player who would had tried to influece a 3 way tie, I personally would be suspicious of that. And in this particular game - Huey/MM potential scumteam would be on top of everyone's lists IF same 2 people died EoD1/N1. Though, in that scenario the Mafia wouldn't had killed at night any of the "3 way tie" players.

    Stealth had how many posts? 2 or something? With 0 content? I would policy lynch any player there 100/100 times, except this game - I would had policy lynched more than half the players so there's that
    You don't policy lynch people? Is it your opinion that it's a bad thing to do for Town?

    @Huey The Long
    You putting the idea in Efekann's head that Frickles could be a Tailor - it literally won you the game in a practically lost position. Even though it wouldn't had worked on 99% other players, it's still REALLY well played by you to pull out a win out of such a dire situation.

    Well, it's not Zero Zero. Just very close to Zero.
    The idea, that you might be a Tailor and want to lynch MM, whom you tailored to look like Mafia, by counterclaiming him - it's a very attractive idea, you have to admit that.

    Obviously voting you instead of MM is very very bad play by Efe, because MM literally counterclaims Efe. But it's not Zero Zero reasons as you said.

    @Efekannn02 How could you ever side with MM after this?
    Thats A Lie He Didnt Put That Possiblity In My Head, I Was More Of Thinking There Was A Scum Bus Driver(Frinckles)

    Blame Frinckles For Playing More Scummy Than Scum
    I Like Ice Cream

  19. #569

    Re: S-FM Standoff (8P)

    Quote Originally Posted by Efekannn02 View Post
    Thats A Lie He Didnt Put That Possiblity In My Head, I Was More Of Thinking There Was A Scum Bus Driver(Frinckles)

    Blame Frinckles For Playing More Scummy Than Scum
    All Huey Managed Was Becoming A Townlead Even In My Eyes And Also Lynch Frinckles With Me
    I Like Ice Cream

  20. #570

  21. #571

  22. #572

  23. #573

    Re: S-FM Standoff (8P)

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    It is, yeah.
    I'm curious. If MM was a green Bartender instead of a red one, what would be different? It's a bit hard to accept that it's as simple as "red one counterclaims, green one doesn't" - because that would make MMs play simply bad.
    I considered claiming bartender, but not for long. Why in the world would I give a fake gun as town lol, that's anti-town as hell...

    Also, I was busy IRL, and need to focus a bit more on real life, so I'm going to change my playstyle (regardless of alignment), maybe take a break with games, I'll see how it goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    God is a goofy loser.

  24. #574

    Re: S-FM Standoff (8P)

    Also, @Efekannn02 , I was your counterclaim, you had to vote me lol... your role was literally the best case scenario for town against our strategy =(

    You did a good job at scaring me though lol, I considered voting you for MVP before I had seen the endgame.

    Good job to Huey too, you got us out of bad trouble while I was busy. GG everyone!
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    God is a goofy loser.

  25. #575

  26. #576

    Re: S-FM Standoff (8P)

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    #274+#276 begs to differ
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Also, @Efekannn02 , I was your counterclaim, you had to vote me lol... your role was literally the best case scenario for town against our strategy =(

    You did a good job at scaring me though lol, I considered voting you for MVP before I had seen the endgame.

    Good job to Huey too, you got us out of bad trouble while I was busy. GG everyone!
    Tbh ~~Frinckles~~ Dutes Got More In Trouble By Getting Into My Bad Side Than Huey's "Reads" "Solving" The Game
    I Like Ice Cream

  27. #577

  28. #578

  29. #579

    Re: S-FM Standoff (8P)

    Quote Originally Posted by Efekannn02 View Post
    Tbh ~~Frinckles~~ Dutes Got More In Trouble By Getting Into My Bad Side Than Huey's "Reads" "Solving" The Game
    No. You had me as a complete liar, and there was ZERO reason for me to claim Gunsmith giving a gun to Frinckles if I were a town Bartender. ZERO reason, especially with the lie being kept up for so long. Please do not blame others for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    God is a goofy loser.

  30. #580

    Re: S-FM Standoff (8P)

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    No. You had me as a complete liar, and there was ZERO reason for me to claim Gunsmith giving a gun to Frinckles if I were a town Bartender. ZERO reason, especially with the lie being kept up for so long. Please do not blame others for that.
    Are You Trying To Call Me A Gamethrower Now?
    I Like Ice Cream

  31. #581

    Re: S-FM Standoff (8P)

    personally if I had been Drug Dealer I would've considered not attacking and faking heal feedback.
    just something I've done on the Narrator before
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    lmao he is the baby in your picture

  32. #582

  33. #583

    Re: S-FM Standoff (8P)

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    I considered claiming bartender, but not for long. Why in the world would I give a fake gun as town lol, that's anti-town as hell...
    I'm trying to figure out... how would a green Bartender play the game? The only thing I could come up with is doing nothing while claiming his actual role.
    The Bartender can give fake feedback if his choosing, here is the list of all potential feedbacks:

    Potential Feedback
    Spoiler : Feedback :

    Spoiler : Items :
    You received an item last night:
    [ARMOR/GUN]
    You used your bulletproof vest last night; you were not attacked.
    You used your bulletproof vest, and you were attacked last night!
    You attacked X using your one-use gun.

    Spoiler : Chemist :

    You were poisoned last night. You will die at the end of the day.
    You poisoned [INTENDED TARGET] last night. They will die at the end of the day.

    Spoiler : Electromaniac :

    You were charged last night.
    You charged
    [INTENDED TARGET1] and [INTENDED TARGET2] last night. They did not visit one another.
    You charged [INTENDED TARGET1] and [INTENDED TARGET2] last night, and they visited one another!

    Spoiler : Physician :

    You were attacked and left for dead, but a mysterious stranger nursed you back to health.

    Spoiler : Stagecoach Driver :

    You bussed X and Y last night.
    You were bussed!


    Spoiler : Tracker :

    You shadowed [INTENDED TARGET] last night. They visited X/nobody.

    Spoiler : Scout :

    You shadowed [INTENDED TARGET] last night. They were visited by X, Y, Z/nobody.

    Spoiler : Investigator :

    You investigated [INTENDED TARGET] last night. Their role is:

    Spoiler : Coward :

    You hid behind X last night.

    Spoiler : Tailor :

    You suited [INTENDED TARGET] last night, causing them to appear as " " if they flip.

    Spoiler : Operator :

    You switched X and Y last night, swapping their targets. X will now target Y's target, and vice versa.
    You feel a dominating spell controlling your actions. You were visited by an Operator!



    What Bartender action wouldn't be "anti-town as hell"?
    That's some poor bastard whoever would get unlucky enough to roll a green Bartender.

  34. #584

    Re: S-FM Standoff (8P)

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    I'm trying to figure out... how would a green Bartender play the game? The only thing I could come up with is doing nothing while claiming his actual role.
    The Bartender can give fake feedback if his choosing, here is the list of all potential feedbacks:

    What Bartender action wouldn't be "anti-town as hell"?
    That's some poor bastard whoever would get unlucky enough to roll a green Bartender.
    Maybe 'poisoning' someone and then saying they weren't actually poisoned during the day chat. It's confirmable after the day.

    Literally, the strategy would be to try and prove that you used your action in a non malicious, info give-y way.

    Also, I did do that mag!! You also should have given me the snitch role.

    FM XVII: Bonney Jewelry (Journalist)
    FM XVIII: Kalou (Savage Godfather)
    FM XX: Joseph Bertrand (Marshall)
    FM XXI: USA (Escort)
    FM XV: Whiskey (Whore)

  35. #585

  36. #586

    Re: S-FM Standoff (8P)

    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    Maybe 'poisoning' someone and then saying they weren't actually poisoned during the day chat. It's confirmable after the day.

    Literally, the strategy would be to try and prove that you used your action in a non malicious, info give-y way.

    Also, I did do that mag!! You also should have given me the snitch role.
    Ya this
    and yeah I should’ve haha
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    lmao he is the baby in your picture

  37. #587

    Re: S-FM Standoff (8P)

    I’m definitely planning to host this again at some point, currently considering making a version with 13p
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    lmao he is the baby in your picture

  38. #588

    Re: S-FM Standoff (8P)

    Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    Bartender doesn’t have to be anti-town actually.
    It doesn't. It just was in this context. He was explicitly trying to decieve me into thinking he gave me a gun and that he was gunsmith. Frankly MM knows I like mechanical interactions and it probably would have worked.

    It'd be different if you gave a role fake feedback without saying you did and tested their reactions over the day; did they reveal their gun, did they say they were switched etc.

  39. #589

  40. #590

    Re: S-FM Standoff (8P)

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    I'm trying to figure out... how would a green Bartender play the game? The only thing I could come up with is doing nothing while claiming his actual role.
    The Bartender can give fake feedback if his choosing, here is the list of all potential feedbacks:

    What Bartender action wouldn't be "anti-town as hell"?
    That's some poor bastard whoever would get unlucky enough to roll a green Bartender.
    Probably what Voss said, since it has no really bad consequences.

    I could also see a green Bartender claiming on D1 and asking people which feedback they want to recieve for confirmation.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    God is a goofy loser.

  41. #591

    Re: S-FM Standoff (8P)

    Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    I’m definitely planning to host this again at some point, currently considering making a version with 13p
    Good idea the game was fun, but expectedly quick.

    Also @blinkskater I play differently when you're in the game, simply because you give a lot of info AND tend to detect my alignment well following certain strategies... this game, I did not have to care about you lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    God is a goofy loser.

  42. #592

    Re: S-FM Standoff (8P)

    Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    It doesn't. It just was in this context. He was explicitly trying to decieve me into thinking he gave me a gun and that he was gunsmith. Frankly MM knows I like mechanical interactions and it probably would have worked.

    It'd be different if you gave a role fake feedback without saying you did and tested their reactions over the day; did they reveal their gun, did they say they were switched etc.
    Oh yeah definitely, I agree. In this context it was scummy
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    lmao he is the baby in your picture

  43. #593

    Re: S-FM Standoff (8P)

    Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    I’m definitely planning to host this again at some point, currently considering making a version with 13p
    13p sounds exponentially more fun for this particular setup.
    Like, the fun in this setup is the large variety of possibilities.
    But as we saw here, after just 1 game night - the possibilities of "what happened" were extremely limited. Not even a theoretical "there was an Operator or Busdriver mixing shit up" was considerable. A straight up "here is what happened, the end" after just one night, with just one or 2 other theories coming up that only Efe would fall for.

  44. #594

    Re: S-FM Standoff (8P)

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    13p sounds exponentially more fun for this particular setup.
    Like, the fun in this setup is the large variety of possibilities.
    But as we saw here, after just 1 game night - the possibilities of "what happened" were extremely limited. Not even a theoretical "there was an Operator or Busdriver mixing shit up" was considerable. A straight up "here is what happened, the end" after just one night, with just one or 2 other theories coming up that only Efe would fall for.
    The day two gamestate was due to Efe's role check on MM contradicting what MM said.

    -MM was scummy to me but in a vacuum I may have been inclined to believe his GS claim.
    -Considering he directly supported MM's visitation, I didn't SR Huey until his refusal to vote MM (which again was due because of Efe's check.)

    The odds of Efe picking MM were at the time, 1/6 (MM, Huey, Me, Light, Lawyer, Voss)

    Funny enough, MM only softed at the fake-gun when I voted him and doubled down on the Gunsmith claim (making it a 100% cc to Efe) after I tried to role-swap.

    This game just happened to be unfortunate for scum and very unfortunate for Town.
    I have no doubts that the eight player version of this have gone to day three easily, probably day four.
    Last edited by Frinckles; December 3rd, 2019 at 08:56 AM.

  45. #595

    Re: S-FM Standoff (8P)

    Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    The day two gamestate was due to Efe's role check on MM contradicting what MM said.

    -MM was scummy to me but in a vacuum I may have been inclined to believe his GS claim.
    -Considering he directly supported MM's visitation, I didn't SR Huey until his refusal to vote MM (which again was due because of Efe's check.)

    The odds of Efe picking MM were at the time, 1/6 (MM, Huey, Me, Light, Lawyer, Voss)

    Funny enough, MM only softed at the fake-gun when I voted him and doubled down on the Gunsmith claim (making it a 100% cc to Efe) after I tried to role-swap.

    This game just happened to be unfortunate for scum and very unfortunate for Town.
    I have no doubts that the eight player version of this have gone to day three easily, probably day four.
    Hmm.. here is a thought.

    In "mechanics heavy" setups such as this - it is fair to assume that the Mafia are strongest on D2, and every following day the Mafia get weaker and weaker due to the Towns PoE getting smaller and smaller from just simple role counting, yes?

    I'm just thinking...
    Could that be an argument AGAINST 13p setup? Because unlike vanilla setups - here at lylo the game would come down to a simple 1-2 player sized PoE from just mechanics alone.
    This could be true whatever the player count, be it 8 or 13. I'm just thinking that maybe 13p would make for more boring days? My original argument in my last comment only thought about D2 in particular.

  46. #596

    Re: S-FM Standoff (8P)

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    Hmm.. here is a thought.

    In "mechanics heavy" setups such as this - it is fair to assume that the Mafia are strongest on D2, and every following day the Mafia get weaker and weaker due to the Towns PoE getting smaller and smaller from just simple role counting, yes?

    I'm just thinking...
    Could that be an argument AGAINST 13p setup? Because unlike vanilla setups - here at lylo the game would come down to a simple 1-2 player sized PoE from just mechanics alone.
    This could be true whatever the player count, be it 8 or 13. I'm just thinking that maybe 13p would make for more boring days? My original argument in my last comment only thought about D2 in particular.
    Mechanical setups and ones with many PRs do have a way of creating processes of elimination for sure. The kicker is usually that multiple alignment roles require scumhunting and reasoning still. A 13p version of this would have a lot more moving parts but I think the premise would largely be the same. Theres also a theory about power role dampening which is applicable to role-madness setups you see on the SC2Mod in which things become less chaotic.

    More to the point though, in 2 of the 4 FM games I've played: Scum/Town has narrowly found or avoided mechanical reprecussions based off low-chance events.

    In this example, Efe picked a 1/6 chance of unraveling the Mafias entire plan, or most of it.

    Another one I'd give would be Unknown fake-claiming Tracker who saw Magoroth's exact target when he was healing MM. It 95% confirmed him and found us the doctor as scum.

    I think Sc2Mafia FM players need to buy lotto tickets.

  47. #597

    Re: S-FM Standoff (8P)

    The setup I'm hosting (that I need to finish) is intended to find a sweet spot between scumhunting processes of elimination and fakeclaiming.

    I'm using roles that compare alignments, visitations and lists of names but without explicitly naming scum. Of course I'm throwing in some Mafia deception to counteract this. I think it'll be fun.

  48. #598

  49. #599

    Re: S-FM Standoff (8P)

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    Hmm.. here is a thought.

    In "mechanics heavy" setups such as this - it is fair to assume that the Mafia are strongest on D2, and every following day the Mafia get weaker and weaker due to the Towns PoE getting smaller and smaller from just simple role counting, yes?

    I'm just thinking...
    Could that be an argument AGAINST 13p setup? Because unlike vanilla setups - here at lylo the game would come down to a simple 1-2 player sized PoE from just mechanics alone.
    This could be true whatever the player count, be it 8 or 13. I'm just thinking that maybe 13p would make for more boring days? My original argument in my last comment only thought about D2 in particular.
    The Mafia failed to take down the power roles quickly enough, and had no way to counter them (electromaniac, operator or bus driver, for example). So no, a 13P setup is not impossible, and could even be better than this game because of the amount of interactions; however, that's up to personal taste.

    You do have a point that I always consider when reviewing a setup, though. The game must not be solvable by pure mechanical play, at least not at too high odds, because when such a scenario happens, it is rarely fun for anyone, the Mafia having to make up lies that are necessarily illogical and more or less obvious. Good thought
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    God is a goofy loser.

  50. #600

    Re: S-FM Standoff (8P)

    Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    The setup I'm hosting (that I need to finish) is intended to find a sweet spot between scumhunting processes of elimination and fakeclaiming.

    I'm using roles that compare alignments, visitations and lists of names but without explicitly naming scum. Of course I'm throwing in some Mafia deception to counteract this. I think it'll be fun.
    Another point that I like here : you have an idea behind your setup. Not just a flavor idea, but an idea of how you want the mechanics to play out in combination with gameplay, which is grounds for very well balanced and fun setups if they are fleshed out well enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    God is a goofy loser.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •