Defendant
    Defendant

Corrupt Magistrates

Consigliere
    Godfather

Spoiler : Rolecards :

Spoiler : Lawful Magistrates :

Witness

You are a Witness in an important homicide, called upon to testify in open court.
    You have a green check on one of the Defendants.

Defendant

You are a suspect in a homicide case, wrongly accused of crimes you have no knowledge of.
    You have the power to vote.

Spoiler : Corrupt Magistrates :

Consigliere
    You are a corrupt Investigator working for the Corleone family. The Godfather is a suspect in a homicide case, and you have been called upon to secure his acquittal at all costs. You’ve forged him a convincing alibi to persuade the Judge of his innocence.
    You and the Godfather share a 24/7 chat.
    Godfather
    You’re the leader of the Corleone family. You’re fallen under suspicion for committing murder - however, you are not the sole suspect in this particular case. Your faithful Consigliere has stepped up to the occasion to defend you and ensure that a verdict of not guilty is reached with respect to your person.
    You and the Consigliere share a 24/7 chat.
    You have the power to vote.
    Last edited by ; November 5th, 2019 at 06:25 PM.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3
    Ganelon

Re: S-FM Thunderdome

It’s prrtty much done, I just need to finish typing it up

4. ISO #4

Re: S-FM Thunderdome

Changing this to [WIP] because it doesn't have mechanics in yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6
    Ganelon

Re: S-FM Thunderdome (8P)

oh yeah this is a one-day setup
    thunder dome's when two players push each other heavily during the day

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    oh yeah this is a one-day setup
    thunder dome's when two players push each other heavily during the day
    thx
    Ohh
    I think you underestimate how truly random are D1 lynches.
    If witness chooses to claim their role, and mafia not, then a random lynch is 66% mafia win.
    Would be curious to see what others think. But aint gonna get that. :/

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    thx
    Ohh
    If witness chooses to claim their role, and mafia not, then a random lynch is 66% mafia win.
    Oh, you think you ain't gonna get that? ;)

The idea of such a setup is to force people to make reads quickly and accurately. If the game was solvable by random lynching, it would obviously not be fun. I'm not against the odds that we have here.

Just a little detail : the defendant and the witness are not magistrates, as far as I know. That's just flavor, though.

Is there going to be a trial system? Only one lynch in the game, and a limited number of trials is allowed? Or do I misunderstand the intent behind the setup?
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

9. ISO #9
    Ganelon

thx
    Ohh
    I'm thinking of revealing the Witness/Witness' target and the Consigliere/their target at the beginning of their day (without outing their exact role/alignment ofc)
    also been thinking of randomising the Consigliere's target so it can be a a cit (so long as it's not the same one as the Witness')

10. ISO #10
    Ganelon

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post

The idea of such a setup is to force people to make reads quickly and accurately. If the game was solvable by random lynching, it would obviously not be fun. I'm not against the odds that we have here.

Just a little detail : the defendant and the witness are not magistrates, as far as I know. That's just flavor, though.

Is there going to be a trial system? Only one lynch in the game, and a limited number of trials is allowed? Or do I misunderstand the intent behind the setup?
    There's no trial, the Lynch type is full-on plurality.
    that being said, I wouldn't mind experimenting with voting systems a bit

11. ISO #11

I think my dislike is just personal taste tbh, since I think Instant Mafia outcome is way more random than anyone would like to believe.

Yes, Instant Mafia is perfectly playable as everything is still determined by the gameplay of the players.
    BUT I dare you to find me a (approved)setup where the outcome is more... random.
    Do you accept this challenge?

Also, I feel a little bit like an ahole for arguing so unnecessarily.

12. ISO #12

I think my dislike is just personal taste tbh, since I think Instant Mafia outcome is way more random than anyone would like to believe.

Yes, Instant Mafia is perfectly playable as everything is still determined by the gameplay of the players.
    BUT I dare you to find me a (approved)setup where the outcome is more... random.
    Do you accept this challenge?

Also, I feel a little bit like an ahole for arguing so unnecessarily.
    Challenge accepted.
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...l=1#post695057
    Also look at the post below to see the setup from that legendary game, one of the funnest games I have ever played, including outside of FM. You'll see what I mean ;)
    Oh and, on another topic, this was put as a S-FM.

The outcome is not really random in Instant Mafia setups. Players strongly direct it, and once a strange thing appears (usually by Random Voting Stage, which is why I promote this tactic), actual leads come out, associations are made, etc. That being said, you're absolutely free to like or dislike a setup style lol, that's normal.

Let's try not to clutter Mag's setup thread with that discussion, though. We can continue it in FM Discussion if you want to!

~~

Magoroth, would you consider having a longer day phase than usual, since it's a one day setup? Just thinking about what you could do that would be different from the Instant Mafia setup by Helz, which you already know.

13. ISO #13

Challenge accepted.
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...l=1#post695057
    Also look at the post below to see the setup from that legendary game, one of the funnest games I have ever played, including outside of FM. You'll see what I mean ;)
    Oh and, on another topic, this was put as a S-FM.
    It's a closed setup right?

Not gonna lie. I can't even begin to wrap my head around that setup..
    I will just take your word for it. xD

The outcome is not really random in Instant Mafia setups. Players strongly direct it, and once a strange thing appears (usually by Random Voting Stage, which is why I promote this tactic), actual leads come out, associations are made, etc. That being said, you're absolutely free to like or dislike a setup style lol, that's normal.
    Today I woke up and like this setup. Go figure ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
    I do have my preferences, setups that I absolutely wouldn't play.

The thing about instant mafia though. It's a Vanilla setup in which the town has infinitely less information to work with than in other Vanilla setups.
    Imagine a Basic Mafia 8-2 setup, and think about how much information is gained out of EoD1 and N1. Same thing for almost every setup.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but there are plenty of players who are very inactive on almost all D1's simply because too little to actually analyze, right? Well, in Instant Mafia those same people are forced to make a game deciding decision.

That being said though. The creator of Instant Mafia said it himself - he created it to "force people to learn how to "get information" Day1" or something along those lines. So for all intents and purposes, it was never even meant to be a setup for a "real game".
    It's designed to be a meme setup.

Magoroth, would you consider having a longer day phase than usual, since it's a one day setup? Just thinking about what you could do that would be different from the Instant Mafia setup by Helz, which you already know.
    Yeah, Mag.
    You should make this a 10 IRL days long setup!

14. ISO #14

Based on what I said about Instant Mafia in my last post, Marshall, I think combining Instant Mafia with True_Love would make for a more balanced setup. Both sides have 3 "pairs" to lynch, while Town still has the Majority.

A true 50/50. Wouldn't that make it be a serious setup instead of a meme one?
    Just not sure if better to be all vanilla, like in True_Love, or have a sheriff, like in Instant Mafia.

15. ISO #15

It's a closed setup right?

Not gonna lie. I can't even begin to wrap my head around that setup..
    I will just take your word for it. xD

Today I woke up and like this setup. Go figure ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
    I do have my preferences, setups that I absolutely wouldn't play.

The thing about instant mafia though. It's a Vanilla setup in which the town has infinitely less information to work with than in other Vanilla setups.
    Imagine a Basic Mafia 8-2 setup, and think about how much information is gained out of EoD1 and N1. Same thing for almost every setup.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but there are plenty of players who are very inactive on almost all D1's simply because too little to actually analyze, right? Well, in Instant Mafia those same people are forced to make a game deciding decision.

That being said though. The creator of Instant Mafia said it himself - he created it to "force people to learn how to "get information" Day1" or something along those lines. So for all intents and purposes, it was never even meant to be a setup for a "real game".
    It's designed to be a meme setup.

Yeah, Mag.
    You should make this a 10 IRL days long setup!
    Heh

Instant Mafia setups are meant to be a training more than anything. It's not a meme, it's a training. And yes, there are plenty of players on every site who sit on D1 doing absolutely nothing even though they would have time to because they feel like there's nothing to do (which is a lie, btw, because the strongest reason there's something to do in the game on D2 and later is because people do something on D1, especially if there are no night actions).

But yes. That is not the standard vanilla setup. It's a fun and short training.

Lol, I would actually support this phase lenght, but it's up to the host

~~

About True Love + Instant Mafia, that would make a really complicated game, unless the pairs would be made public. But again, as I said, the idea is not to have a RNG-solvable setup.

16. ISO #16

About True Love + Instant Mafia, that would make a really complicated game, unless the pairs would be made public. But again, as I said, the idea is not to have a RNG-solvable setup.
    What do you mean by "RNG-solvable setup"?

~~

I think there is no way town wouldn't announce who are their pairs, as that would be strictly anti-town.
    So now the game is presented with 6 lynches, 3 are mafia wins, 3 are town wins.
    Town has no info on top of that. With the exclusion that no pair has 2 mafias.

There is so much pressure on Mafia, that perhaps a "3-3" pair count isn't fair?

17. ISO #17

What do you mean by "RNG-solvable setup"?

~~

I think there is no way town wouldn't announce who are their pairs, as that would be strictly anti-town.
    So now the game is presented with 6 lynches, 3 are mafia wins, 3 are town wins.
    Town has no info on top of that. With the exclusion that no pair has 2 mafias.

There is so much pressure on Mafia, that perhaps a "3-3" pair count isn't fair?
    A setup where random lynches all the way down provide an actually good chance for Town to win.

True about the anti-town part. But I think that the setup might as well do it automatically, then!
    There's also pressure on the Town, though. I see no issue with it.
    But really, let's stop discussing other setups in this thread. I can move the posts in a new thread if you want to continue the discussion, though.

18. ISO #18

A setup where random lynches all the way down provide an actually good chance for Town to win.

True about the anti-town part. But I think that the setup might as well do it automatically, then!
    There's also pressure on the Town, though. I see no issue with it.
    But really, let's stop discussing other setups in this thread. I can move the posts in a new thread if you want to continue the discussion, though.
    Nah I'm good.
    Had a bit of a misunderstanding.
    Apparently you said:
    Let's try not to clutter Mag's setup thread with that discussion
    I totally missed that "not" when I first read it. XD @Magoroth
    Sorry, it was a honest mistake. :P

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.