1. ISO #1
    Ganelon

Classic Scum/Town Tells

Post scum/town tells you’ve found throughout your FM games

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3
    Ganelon

Re: Classic Scum/Town Tells

Aye that’s good. I’ve seen that as well, I think I’ve seen that in FM once as well.
    I think asking weird questions about Town Power Roles can also be scummy depending on what the person is asking.

4. ISO #4

I just watch for people's intentions behind each individual post, and then all their posts as a whole. Gives pretty clear picture of what they're all about. Nothing can be more scummier than someone not scumhunting.

I don't read a single post without making up my mind about the intentions. Preferably 2: one if town one of mafia.

But then again... I think that's the normal way to play the game for everyone? 1000 other things, but this is core.

I know nobody would agree with me on this. But I think something can be said about the benefits of slow reading. I firmly believe it can be possible to read/contemplate a 1 word post for an hour and have a better clarity of the players alignment and what they are all about than speed reading 1000 posts (to get in their head so to speak). Worth reading as slow as one can afford imo.

Pretty good town tell is someone helping town in finding mafia.

5. ISO #5

Being the 2nd-3rd votes on a lynch train led on a townie is a scumtell if the train is leading strongly and has 5 (and maybe, if you stretch it, 4) members on it, in a plurality lynch mode. Especially the third vote. That's a theory I got from MU and that actually works very well. The idea is that the train-becoming-strong initiators are rarely scum, because they'll try to push on existing wagons, and that the last votes are really risky to place as scum when you're doing it on a townie.

Of course, that's just a general guideline and shouldn't be the core of a case, but it can help direct your mind.

~~

Intent can be hard to find in some posts, and some players are extremely hard to read on their intent, sadly. Of course, you must always try to read people on intent, but it's the most precious and probably the rarest kind of read, because if a scum outs himself on intent, it's basically open-wolfing... and you have to make sure it's not a trap laid by town to get reads or similar stuff.

If you don't believe me when I say intent can be hard to read, you may want to look at playstyles like Efekann's, Light's on this site, or NotMafia on Mafiascum (and a lot of other people). To read them on intent is to find the Holy Grail.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

6. ISO #6

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.