S-FM: La Cosa Nostra (13P)
Register

User Tag List

Results 1 to 33 of 33
  1. #1

    S-FM: La Cosa Nostra (13P)

    The aim of this setup is to bring back the theme of Mafia into the game. We've had alchemists, trolls from a game about terrans fighting space monsters, strange and shadowy cults, wizards.... But no mafiosi!
    I am making this setup for the community, but I will not host it myself because I am unable to respect deadlines, now and in the foreseeable future. Therefore, feel free to use it!




    Role List

    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Town Power Role
    Town Power Role
    Town Power Role

    Godfather
    Consort
    Framer/Actress

    Serial Killer


    Rolecards

    Spoiler : Rolecards :


    Citizen
    You are a citizen of the city of ROLEPLAYCITY/COUNTRYNAME, trying to live a good life.
    You have no special abilities.

    Doctor
    You are a skilled doctor, working for the Town's well-being.
    Each night, you may save a player from one attack. If two or more attacks are issued against your target, they will still die.
    You are limited to two successful heals.
    You may not self heal.
    You are notified of successful healing; your target is not.

    Cop
    You are an experienced policeman, investigating the recent suspicious activity in ROLEPLAYCITY/COUNTRYNAME.
    Each night, you may check a player to know if they are Suspicious or Not Suspicious.
    The Godfather will appear as Not Suspicious.
    The Serial Killer will appear as Suspicious, just like the normal mafia members.

    Tracker
    You are a skilled hunter, using your skills on humans in your free time...
    Each night, you may follow someone to know who they have visited, or if they have taken no action.
    The Godfather is not immune to this.

    Vigilante
    You are God's swift and unforgiving sword.
    You may kill a player at night.
    You cannot use your ability on N1.
    Two charges. If you kill a Town-aligned player, you lose your abilities.

    Godfather
    You are the Godfather of the powerful Cosa Nostra, seeking to expand and seize control of ROLEPLAYCITY/COUNTRYNAME.
    Each night, you may kill a player.
    You are immune to the Cop's ability.
    You are immune to night kills.

    Framer
    You are a master of deception and conspiration, making people appear guilty of the Family's terrible actions.
    Each night, you may Frame a player, making them appear Suspicious to the Cop's ability.
    You may frame members of the Mafia; they will still appear as Suspicious.
    If the Godfather dies, you become the new Godfather and lose your abilities.

    Actress
    You are a skilled actress, whose work will be remember long after your death.
    Each night, you may select a player. You will appear as this player's role in the Graveyard when you will die.
    This ability has unlimited charges, and disguise lasts as long as you don't visit another player.
    You may target a Mafia member.
    If the Godfather dies, you become the new Godfather and lose your abilities.

    Consort
    You are a very beautiful woman, working for the Cosa Nostra.
    Each night, you may roleblock a player, preventing them from using their night ability.
    Your target is notified of being roleblocked.
    If the Godfather and the Framer/Actress are both dead, you become the new Godfather and lose your abilities.


    Serial Killer
    You are an absolutely sane artist who likes the color red.
    Each night, you may kill a player.
    You are immune to nightkills.
    When investigated by the Cop, you appear as Suspicious, like non-Godfather Mafia members.



    Mechanics
    72 hours days, 24 hours nights. May be adjusted to 48/24 or to 72 hours D1 and 48 hours next days, at the Host's discretion.
    Plurality + Majority will be the lynch mode, which means that the player with the most votes will be lynched at the end of the day unless a majority (50% + 1) lynch happens. If there is a tie at EoD, the lynched player will be randomized.
    Skipping days is allowed.
    Town must eliminate the Mafia and the Serial Killer.
    Mafia must eliminate the Serial Killer, and acquire 50% of the votes (or have nothing preventing them from doing so).
    The Serial Killer must acquire 50% of the votes (or have nothing preventing them from doing so).
    Last wills are allowed, death notes are not.


    Order of Operations
    Consort/Actress > Serial Killer/ Godfather/Vigilante > Doctor > Framer > Cop > Tracker
    All kills happen simulaneously


    Roleplay
    Story about the mighty Mafia Family, with a Serial Killer from it. Maybe the SK is an ex-member of the Mafia, who knows? (No setup relevance)
    The Host will give mafia-ish names to people in the signups list; you may choose your own mafia-ish name when you sign.
    Roleplay may be adjusted by the Host; this is only meant as an easy start-up for Mafia-themed setups. Sicilian mafia is interesting to explore ;)


    Rules
    1. All FM rules apply.
    2. Make at least 10 game-related content posts per game day, and remain active. The Host determines what is "active" and what isn't.
    3. Limit the attacks/insults to the game (no personal attacks).
    Last edited by Marshmallow Marshall; May 22nd, 2020 at 10:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    God is a goofy loser.

  2. #2

  3. #3

  4. #4

  5. #5

    Re: S-FM: La Cosa Nostra

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    The aim of this setup is to bring back the theme of Mafia into the game. We've had alchemists, trolls from a game about terrans fighting space monsters, strange and shadowy cults, wizards.... But no mafiosi!
    I am making this setup for the community, but I will not host it myself because I am unable to respect deadlines, now and in the foreseeable future. Therefore, feel free to use it!



    Rolecards


    Mechanics
    72 hours days, 24 hours nights. May be adjusted to 48/24 if the Host wishes so.

    Roleplay
    Talk about mafia families, give people mafia-ish roleplay names and encourage people to call eachother by these names


    Rules
    1. All forum rules apply.
    2. Make at least 10 game-related content posts per game day, and remain active. The Host determines what is active and what isn't.
    3. Limit the attacks/insults to the game (no personal attacks).
    Your pathetic pagan minds cannot understand the purity of such a masterpiece. /s


    #WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    God is a goofy loser.

  6. #6

  7. #7

    Re: S-FM: La Cosa Nostra

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    The aim of this setup is to bring back the theme of Mafia into the game. We've had alchemists, trolls from a game about terrans fighting space monsters, strange and shadowy cults, wizards.... But no mafiosi!
    I am making this setup for the community, but I will not host it myself because I am unable to respect deadlines, now and in the foreseeable future. Therefore, feel free to use it!



    Rolecards


    Mechanics
    72 hours days, 24 hours nights. May be adjusted to 48/24 if the Host wishes so.

    Roleplay
    Talk about mafia families, give people mafia-ish roleplay names and encourage people to call eachother by these names


    Rules
    1. All forum rules apply.
    2. Make at least 10 game-related content posts per game day, and remain active. The Host determines what is active and what isn't.
    3. Limit the attacks/insults to the game (no personal attacks).
    Can I call you Don Venito Squishie?~

    My cute little Squishy!~

    ...To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes...
    This is good for me. I'm not insane! I didn't kill my family. I am fine. I'm not mad. I am innocent, I mean, not guilty!
    Is it mad to pray for better hallucinations?

  8. #8

    Re: S-FM: La Cosa Nostra

    Quote Originally Posted by AIVION View Post
    Can I call you Don Venito Squishie?~

    My cute little Squishy!~
    Negative. The Host will give mafia-ish names to people in the signups list; you may choose your own mafia-ish name when you sign.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    God is a goofy loser.

  9. #9

    Re: S-FM: La Cosa Nostra

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Negative. The Host will give mafia-ish names to people in the signups list; you may choose your own mafia-ish name when you sign.
    Stick in the mud...

    ...To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes...
    This is good for me. I'm not insane! I didn't kill my family. I am fine. I'm not mad. I am innocent, I mean, not guilty!
    Is it mad to pray for better hallucinations?

  10. #10

    Re: S-FM: La Cosa Nostra

    There we go! @Damus_Graves , setup ready for review.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    God is a goofy loser.

  11. #11

  12. #12

  13. #13

    Re: S-FM: La Cosa Nostra

    I will be reviewing this later on today! ^_^

    ...To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes...
    This is good for me. I'm not insane! I didn't kill my family. I am fine. I'm not mad. I am innocent, I mean, not guilty!
    Is it mad to pray for better hallucinations?

  14. #14

    Re: S-FM: La Cosa Nostra

    Does the Actress ability remain until she chooses someone new with her ability? Or was it meant to not have a time limit? (Doesn't say how long she would have the appearance of the role she chooses).

    If all kills happen simultaneously, does that mean no other kill holds priority? (This is in reference to the vigilante and his negative side).

    Would you consider adding the ability for the consort to be able to roleblock when she is last member standing? Or no?


    I like the framers ability to visit mafia members! Adds some flexibility against the trackers who would target you.

    ;)

    ...To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes...
    This is good for me. I'm not insane! I didn't kill my family. I am fine. I'm not mad. I am innocent, I mean, not guilty!
    Is it mad to pray for better hallucinations?

  15. #15

    Re: S-FM: La Cosa Nostra

    Quote Originally Posted by AIVION View Post
    Does the Actress ability remain until she chooses someone new with her ability? Or was it meant to not have a time limit? (Doesn't say how long she would have the appearance of the role she chooses).

    If all kills happen simultaneously, does that mean no other kill holds priority? (This is in reference to the vigilante and his negative side).

    Would you consider adding the ability for the consort to be able to roleblock when she is last member standing? Or no?


    I like the framers ability to visit mafia members! Adds some flexibility against the trackers who would target you.

    ;)
    1. For ever and ever and ever... Added that part to the rolecard
    2. It means that all kills happen at the same time. AKA, if Godfather A shoots Vigilante B, and that Vigilante B shoots Citizen C, both Vigilante B and Citizen C will die. Just like in the mod iirc.
    3. I will consider anything there's a reason to consider ;) do you believe Mafia is underpowered? Note that the SK does NOT kill roleblockers.
    4. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    God is a goofy loser.

  16. #16

    Re: S-FM: La Cosa Nostra

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    1. For ever and ever and ever... Edit: Added that part to the rolecard
    2. It means that all kills happen at the same time. AKA, if Godfather A shoots Vigilante B, and that Vigilante B shoots Citizen C, both Vigilante B and Citizen C will die. Just like in the mod iirc.
    3. I will consider anything there's a reason to consider ;) do you believe Mafia is underpowered? Note that the SK does NOT kill roleblockers.
    4. Thanks!

    1.) Alright, thanks for adding that!! ^_^

    2.) What if in some insane world godfather vig and sk all hit person A, since it's simultaneous then vigilante still loses abilities? Or would there be a kill stack there? (I could be over thinking this lol ;p)

    3.) Well, doing some number crunching, with an SK and possible Lynches on mafia mates the mafia could be down 2 members in a span of 1 day and night cycle.. thus gimping them of power (same in 2 day night cycles so on and so forth) adding the consort to being able to rb and kill when she's down 2 mafia may be what it takes to give mafia the help they'll need in that scenario. Other factors apply of course.

    Just throwing ideas out there. Otherwise this looks good enough to approve to me! ;)
    Last edited by AIVION; March 22nd, 2019 at 05:12 PM.

    ...To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes...
    This is good for me. I'm not insane! I didn't kill my family. I am fine. I'm not mad. I am innocent, I mean, not guilty!
    Is it mad to pray for better hallucinations?

  17. #17

    Re: S-FM: La Cosa Nostra

    Quote Originally Posted by AIVION View Post

    1.) Alright, thanks for adding that!! ^_^

    2.) What if in some insane world godfather vig and sk all hit person A, since it's simultaneous then vigilante still loses abilities? Or would there be a kill stack there? (I could be over thinking this lol ;p)

    3.) Well, doing some number crunching, with an SK and possible Lynches on mafia mates the mafia could be down 2 members in a span of 1 day and night cycle.. thus gimping them of power (same in 2 day night cycles so on and so forth) adding the consort to being able to rb and kill when she's down 2 mafia may be what it takes to give mafia the help they'll need in that scenario. Other factors apply of course.

    Just throwing ideas out there. Otherwise this looks good enough to approve to me! ;)
    2. It doesn't matter, Vigilante STILL attacked a townie. So they lose their god damn ability lol, it's their fault if they added their bullet on the poor townie's corpse. RIP person A .
    3. In that case, the SK would then work with Mafia if they want to have a chance (they can't win something like a 8v1), which would give them a chance. Plus, if that happens, Town caught a scum D1, which is pretty nice, and should be rewarded!
    Also notice that in Timmy Town, a 19P game with a 4 men mafia team, the Mafia won even if the D1 lynch was a Mafia lynch, so it's not impossible.
    Do you still believe it should be changed?
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    God is a goofy loser.

  18. #18

    Re: S-FM: La Cosa Nostra

    Alright, thanks for the answers, and nah it's fine. I was just seeing what you think and if you don't think it's necessary then I'll take your word for it!

    And with that this setup is now Approved!

    Whoever wants to host this in the future feel free to let us know! Otherwise if you want me to host it for you @Marshmallow Marshall at some point then I'd be open to it! :P

    ...To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes...
    This is good for me. I'm not insane! I didn't kill my family. I am fine. I'm not mad. I am innocent, I mean, not guilty!
    Is it mad to pray for better hallucinations?

  19. #19

  20. #20

    Re: S-FM: La Cosa Nostra

    Changelog

    Specified if last wills and death notes were allowed (01/10/2019)
    Added the "No N1 kills" clause to Vigilante (15/10/2019)
    Last edited by Marshmallow Marshall; October 14th, 2019 at 09:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    God is a goofy loser.

  21. #21

  22. #22

    Re: S-FM: La Cosa Nostra

    That's the setup thread you berry
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    God is a goofy loser.

  23. #23

  24. #24

    Re: S-FM: La Cosa Nostra

    Quote Originally Posted by Iced_Monopoly View Post
    I know this game is already out here and approved and taking signs, but damn 3 KPN potential in a forum game, even on N1? Too late to atleast request a restriction on vigi n1 kill so as to not throw the towns kill potential (vig abili), and chance at skewing game balance come d2?
    @naz @Marshmallow Marshall
    i'll wait for MM to reply before rolling!! @Marshmallow Marshall reply
    i don't want 3kpn but i feel like a vigi wouldn't dare lol..
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    President Fielzanks walks up to his stage, preparing his n1 speech. In front of him, his two cronies MM and David stood. In front of him, his immaculately written n1 speech was prepared. 'Gentleman, what is the soul of capitalism?', he asked his small audience. 'Money?', MM guessed. 'Waifus?', David asked. 'No' Fielz replied, disappointed in his trash scumteam .
    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Naz would never forget the Chik-Fil-A Sauce

  25. #25

    Re: S-FM: La Cosa Nostra

    Quote Originally Posted by naz View Post
    i'll wait for MM to reply before rolling!! @Marshmallow Marshall reply
    i don't want 3kpn but i feel like a vigi wouldn't dare lol..
    just make it vigi cant kill n1 and reduce it to one shot
    Quote Originally Posted by AnassRhamur View Post
    Please don't post in the punished players section if you're not involved. Consider this a warning from Thugnificent. You got one Thug ticket. Collect 3 more of those and i'll have to issue a Thug Infraction. Collect 3 Thug Infractions and you get 1 Thug Misdemeanor Charge.

    Spoiler : :
    Citizen, Agent, Citizen, Vigilante, Citizen, Godfather, Citizen, Citizen, Voter, Elder, Mafioso, BackUpSleuth, Escort, Mafioso, Detective, Citizen, Citizen, Tailor, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, TheJoker, Citizen, LadyGaga, Mafioso, Winston Wolfe, Detective, Citizen, Citizen, Masquerader

  26. #26

    Re: S-FM: La Cosa Nostra

    Quote Originally Posted by naz View Post
    but i feel like a vigi wouldn't dare lol..
    I agree, but also, a game setup shouldnt be based on meta of potential players getting certain roles. Should be balanced for any possibility.

    @Mesk514 reducing to one shot nullifies the special condition for vigi. but yeah i agree KPN should be limited in a forum game, especially with 3 factions and this player count. 1 shot vig is better selection here.


    Monopoly of the Iced variety

  27. #27

  28. #28

    Re: S-FM: La Cosa Nostra

    Quote Originally Posted by Iced_Monopoly View Post
    I know this game is already out here and approved and taking signs, but damn 3 KPN potential in a forum game, even on N1? Too late to atleast request a restriction on vigi n1 kill so as to not throw the towns kill potential (vig abili), and chance at skewing game balance come d2?
    @naz @Marshmallow Marshall
    Hey Iced, long time no see ^^

    Yes, 3 KPN potential. If vigilante kills a townie N1, it's their problem to be honest. It's almost in every case a poor play, but I thought I would let the possiblity free if the vigi wanted to do it.

    As was already mentioned, if current vigi kills a townie, it loses ability to kill, so it's pretty much like a one-shot vigilante but better for town. I could get behind a N1 kill restriction, though, that's a good idea. Implemented it. Do you think it's ok, and do you have other concerns?

    Also, the Host is meant to create a balanced setup with the hidden TPRs, so it should be good imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    God is a goofy loser.

  29. #29

    Re: S-FM: La Cosa Nostra

    Quote Originally Posted by Iced_Monopoly View Post
    I agree, but also, a game setup shouldnt be based on meta of potential players getting certain roles. Should be balanced for any possibility.

    @Mesk514 reducing to one shot nullifies the special condition for vigi. but yeah i agree KPN should be limited in a forum game, especially with 3 factions and this player count. 1 shot vig is better selection here.
    That's not a balance, but a poor play concern. If a player's "meta" is to make a poor decision for the Town as Vigilante in a specific scenario, that's up to the gameplay and not to the setup IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    God is a goofy loser.

  30. #30

    Re: S-FM: La Cosa Nostra

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    That's not a balance, but a poor play concern. If a player's "meta" is to make a poor decision for the Town as Vigilante in a specific scenario, that's up to the gameplay and not to the setup IMO.
    jesus, who put this guy in charge. LMFAO
    Quote Originally Posted by AnassRhamur View Post
    Please don't post in the punished players section if you're not involved. Consider this a warning from Thugnificent. You got one Thug ticket. Collect 3 more of those and i'll have to issue a Thug Infraction. Collect 3 Thug Infractions and you get 1 Thug Misdemeanor Charge.

    Spoiler : :
    Citizen, Agent, Citizen, Vigilante, Citizen, Godfather, Citizen, Citizen, Voter, Elder, Mafioso, BackUpSleuth, Escort, Mafioso, Detective, Citizen, Citizen, Tailor, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, TheJoker, Citizen, LadyGaga, Mafioso, Winston Wolfe, Detective, Citizen, Citizen, Masquerader

  31. #31

    Re: S-FM: La Cosa Nostra

    its 100% a balance concern. if a setup ALLOWS for someone with poor judgement to unbalance and essential tilt the game on N1 accidently or otherwise, then its game balance concern and not meta, even if meta feeds into it.

    IMO, as just a SFM player, and ex SFM Mod, this is a triple red flag setup. 3KPN in forum game is a redflag. N1 town kill in that 3kpn is a redflag. The ability for town to lose their only night kill from a misguided n1 kill is a redflag.

    There shouldnt be a 3NKP in such a small forum game. There definitely shouldnt be a N1 3KPN where town has a kill and loses future kills based on outcomes. Balance dictates that it should be player fill irrelevant. You have to account for trash filling the slot as much as OP god lord filling the slot.

    Pls restrict N1 town kill atleast.

    Kthx


    Monopoly of the Iced variety

  32. #32

    Re: S-FM: La Cosa Nostra

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Changelog

    Specified if last wills and death notes were allowed (01/10/2019)
    Added the "No N1 kills" clause to Vigilante (15/10/2019)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iced_Monopoly View Post
    its 100% a balance concern. if a setup ALLOWS for someone with poor judgement to unbalance and essential tilt the game on N1 accidently or otherwise, then its game balance concern and not meta, even if meta feeds into it.

    IMO, as just a SFM player, and ex SFM Mod, this is a triple red flag setup. 3KPN in forum game is a redflag. N1 town kill in that 3kpn is a redflag. The ability for town to lose their only night kill from a misguided n1 kill is a redflag.

    There shouldnt be a 3NKP in such a small forum game. There definitely shouldnt be a N1 3KPN where town has a kill and loses future kills based on outcomes. Balance dictates that it should be player fill irrelevant. You have to account for trash filling the slot as much as OP god lord filling the slot.

    Pls restrict N1 town kill atleast.

    Kthx
    I meant it as an objection to the "if a player's meta is to....". Forbidding the N1 kill is a good idea, and as I said in my first post, it is already implemented

    Note that the setup is meant to recreate a classic FM closer from the mod's style, without going as deep as this setup does in the non-FM-like setup department, so you are right that it is not exactly the standard FM gameplay.

    Edit to clarify : It was a bad idea to allow N1 kills like that for the game's enjoyability. The point I was making was purely about theory, and not about this specific setup. Saying that a specific player's meta is to make horrible decisions is just not what meta is, at least in my book. Sorry for misunderstanding and thanks for contributing lol, I don't want to make it look like I think you are wrong in the main point here.
    Last edited by Marshmallow Marshall; October 14th, 2019 at 10:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    God is a goofy loser.

  33. #33

    Re: S-FM: La Cosa Nostra

    I get that youre going for a classic mod style gameplay. But high KPNs rarely work in forum games. Especially setups where the extremities allow for a 6v3v1 or a 9v1v1 come d2. unintended imbalance occurs very easily and should be noted. N1 town no kill implementation should help alleviate these issues.

    GL to everyone playing


    Monopoly of the Iced variety

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •