1. ISO #1

SC2Mafia MVP Contest: 2019 Edition

SC2Mafia MVP Contest: 2019 Edition

How To Enter:
    Post in this forum with the following information:

• A replay of the game
    • SC2 Account Name
    • In-game name and player #
    • A brief description on why you think you think you (or the player you're nominating) deserves to be MVP.

Nominating An MVP:
    You can nominate yourself in your own replay, or you can nominate another player. If you nominate a winning player, and they win, you will also receive a prize to be decided by the staff.

How To Win:
    Factors that lead to a win are... how strong your given role was, Special Achievements you earned (or would have earned if not already won), how good (or bad) the other players were, and how much influence your own actions had in the game.

Additional Information:
    This thread will be open until the end of July 2019, at which time the contest will be closed for judging. Please remember to follow the rules below when posting a replay. And remember... be sneaky and have some fun!

Prizes:
    WINNER: MVP In-Game Achievement, MVP Forum Badge, and 2500 points.
    RUNNER-UP: 500 points.

CONTEST RULES

• A maximum of 2 replays are allow per submitting player. Any submissions beyond the first 2 will be ignored. If you want to make additional submissions, delete an older post first to be ensure you only have 2 submissions.
    • You cannot place more than once per contest... this means you cannot win 1st place with one replay and also 2nd place with another.
    • Replays must be complete and not end before points are saved at the end.

Last edited by rumox; April 2nd, 2019 at 11:57 PM.

2. ISO #2

Re: SC2Mafia MVP Contest: Winter 2019 Edition

Hello hello! I'm a relative nubbie in SC2 Mafia, so I don't know if this game is particularly worthy of an MVP game or not, but I'm pretty proud of it so I'm gonna give it a shot. It's a solo witch win!

My SC2 account name is Xerxes.
    My in-game name and # were: 9. Othello
    Achievement(s) earned: Forever Alone

In this game, I started as the Amnesiac. On Day 2, the Marshall revealed and I told him what I was, claiming that I would pick a town role. I voted with him to establish credibility. N2, I held off on choosing a role, wanting to wait for (1) more roles to pick from and (2) to have a better gauge of which side would win. I crossed my fingers and hoped I wouldn't be picked off during the night.

Day 3, continued voting with Marshall. N3, I knew I needed to make a choice. I debated hard within myself to whether to choose Doc and heal the Marshall, as town was ahead, or take a big risk and go Witch. At the last second, I changed my mind from Doc to Witch. YOLO!

Fortunately for me, the Sheriff checked me on N3, so I looked clean, and he said so publicly on Day 4. The Marshall died overnight. This bought me more cred and allowed me to quietly wait for my opportunity. When the Sheriff died on N4, the following day there were only 3 of us left. One mafia, one town, and me. Both thought I was also town.

On D5 both accused each other, and I played like the innocent, conflicted townie (I was also debating in my head which one was truly the GF, because I wanted to lynch him to guarantee a solo win, as I wasn't sure the game mechanics would let N5 come for me to make the GF shoot himself if the townie was lynched). I guessed correctly, ignored the angry slurs, and then shocked the crowd when the game went into the night cycle. Witch Win the next morning! Thanks for reading!

Witch Win.SC2Replay

3. ISO #3

Re: SC2Mafia MVP Contest: Winter 2019 Edition

Thread still open and few replays, its not over?

if so, i was going to post this but i left when i died. rKP8ctQ.png

But here is one
    Role Dragon Head
    Ingame Name Dragon Head

SoulEaterR, im dragon head vs marshall, day 5 all teammates are dead, triad kill hit NI, there's 5 players left with marshall + bus driver. day 6 im voted up for trial, 1-1 convinced marshall that im still sheriff, and that i found arsonist. arson gets trialed and lynched, Night 6 bus driver gets me and i hit myself, only 4 players left in game, day 7 i also had copy pasta my old LW and people asked why i changed it, i convinced them, everyone believes im still sheriff and we end up lynching the last unconfirmed role.

bus driver+marshall vs dragon head ending.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by MasterNinja; March 10th, 2019 at 05:39 AM.
    I WILL NOT POST ADVERTISEMENTS IN MY SIGNATURE.

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

Re: SC2Mafia MVP Contest: 2019 Edition

Account Name: Omegasaur
    Ingame Name: [Bright Blue Bar]
    Ingame Number: 14

I was an Arsonist who won without burning. I claimed Amnesiac and survived until the end, when a Liaison died to a Jester, leaving an Arsonist/Dragon Head tie. I lurked in the early game, and gained the trust of the Town. I even helped a friendly Jester complete his role objectives.
    Attachment 25940
    (°.°)(°.°)(°.°)(°.°)(°.°)(°.°)(°.°)(°.°)

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

Fantabulate - Dan the Wizard - 1-S2-1-7984675
    Stephen - Last Word - 1-S2-1-10869735

Hammer and Sickle Achievement. I've seen it before, although it is on the rarer side, and I remember encountering it when Citizen saves his vest for the absolute last night AND manages to finally vest and thus win tie with mafia. This was slightly peculiar in that there were three citizen at the end. Doesn't happen often, and is the first time in my recollection in which I saw it achieved given that set of circumstances. I think Dark Rev. used to say "Citizens ARE important" well, in this scenario it certainly seems to have been the case.

-Mafia- (1214).SC2Replay

10. ISO #10

Well, time to join MVP contest!

1. A replay of the game: mvp sk.SC2Replay
    2. SC2 Account Name: Zedus 1-S2-2-1449686
    3. In-game name and player #: Overwatch is hentai, #1
    4. I started as Serial Killer. Trying to get hit from mafia n1 (on success it's easy to pretend to be surv or exe) I insulted evils, but jailor comes.
    I was jailed n1, claimed "maybe vet" for "maybe kidnapper". D2 one of players said he is sheriff and said 2 is sk. So both evil neuts spawned as SK and 2 were lynched d2. After that I prefered to stay hidden for the endgame, and did no kills (until last night)
    Then mayor reveals, I claimed amne for him and played for town whole game, helping mayor to reveal triad and voting with him.
    Then 2nd jailor dies I pm'ed to mayor I am jailor now. Also I pmed to last triad player (I was 99% sure he is last triad) that I will be jailor (pretending for "ooops, that wasn't for you"), so he thinks I'm neut.
    Then 4 players left I was sure triad player will not attack me. It remains only to choose the right target. 11 was silent and susp, I was sure last triad will not shoot him or me and will try to lynch him with me at the day, so I targeted 11. It was my only kill. My plan worked: No one knew that there was another SK and triad player killed another. SK wins 1v1, so I got my victory with only one night action for the whole game. Everyone was surprised. Thought i was amne turned sk, but i was sk from d1.

11. ISO #11

Guess I should throw my hand in here.....

Replay of the game: Marshall Auditted N1 Carry.SC2Replay

Name: 7. Mr Krabs

SC2 Name: Varcron 1-S2-1-1208407

Achievements earned: None

Well, As it says in the title N1 I was auditted as marshall, and somehow managed to convince the town to trust me as gov. After this happens, you can basically see throughout that I went 5 for 6 on my lynches, only mis lynching a spy to prove my theory at the end of the match.
    Last edited by Varcron; December 30th, 2019 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Had too many attached.

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

Well, got one more for you guys which I think is top notch

Replay of game: Mr Krabs prank video.SC2Replay

SC2 Name: Varcron 1-S2-1-1208407

In game name: 1. Mr Krabs

Achievements earned: My first vet win apparently?

In this game we won within 12 minutes, and here's why:

N1 I kill the GF but also a doctor, sad days but whatever, BM also dies to MM but that won't really matter much

D2 we also lynch Beguiler on my behest, so maf is dead at the EOD2

N2 Nothing really happens

D3 MM is lynched, gg

All in all, 2 of the 3 maf and the MM is dead by EOD3 to me, basically wiping out the evils solo with the exception of Bmer.
    Last edited by Varcron; December 31st, 2019 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Wrong replay

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

It took awhile, but judging is over!

Varcron (1-S2-1-1208407) has been declared the winner of the 2019 contest, for his replay as a citizen leading the town to victory. He will receive the MVP achievement, 2500 points, and the forum badge.

Sam (1-S2-1-614445) (nominated by Lawiez), was the runner-up, for the replay with a disguiser beating a 1v3 versus the cult by joining their ranks. He and lawiez will each receive 500 points.

Honorable mentions to
    MrMostache: winning as marshall on d2
    Xerxes: Witch solo win

@Varcron @Sam @Lawiez
    Please contact me to organize a time in-game to receive your rewards.
    Congratulations!

If you are jealous of them, make sure to submit some entries into the 2020 MVP contest thread!
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?