Back to basics fm
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Back to basics fm

-days 48h, nights 24h (days will last the entire 48h - no skipping day, no turbos)

-No last wills, no death notes.

-Graveyard will reveal persons alignment on death.

-Game starts d1 with possible lynch

-Lynch is whoever has most votes at end of day, (yes that means that someone with only 1 vote can be lynched)
    no lynch is allowed but must be most voted,
    1 vote per player (can't vote multiple people at same time, but can switch votes)
    in event of a tie in votes, random.org those who have same number of votes will determine who dies.

no OoO needed.

Quote Originally Posted by citizen role PM
    title: fm role
    msg: citizen
    Game ends when town eliminates all mafia or mafia achieves parity with town in numbers.

Other rules:
    no out of game communication with alive players
    no editing posts
    no breaking general forum law: aka posting nude pics, online bullying, stuff like that
    everything else is allowed including posting screenshots of hosts pms, lurking,

13 man setup

3 mafioso (1 kpn voted on per night starting n1 and have shared night chat)
    1 sheriff who starts the game with a n0 check on a random citizen (can't get a guilty check n0)
    9 citizens

17 man setup

4 mafioso (1 kpn voted on per night starting n1 and have shared night chat)
    1 sheriff who starts the game with a n0 check on a random citizen (can't get a guilty check n0)
    12 citizens

Host: ? or myself

Presign: Yayap if someone else hosts.

2. ISO #2
    Ganelon

Re: Back to basics fm

might I suggest removing the night phase and having both the sheriff/Mafia submit a night action just after a lynch, and giving the Mafia a 24/7 chat? waiting for 24 hours between lynches as a Citizen with nothing to do and no last will is pretty much wasting time.

3. ISO #3

Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    might I suggest removing the night phase and having both the sheriff/Mafia submit a night action just after a lynch, and giving the Mafia a 24/7 chat? waiting for 24 hours between lynches as a Citizen with nothing to do and no last will is pretty much wasting time.
    Great point.
    Do Not open this spoiler under any condition!!!!!!!
    Spoiler : :
    WHY CANT YOU FOLLOW SIMPLE DIRECTIONS?
    YOU HAVE JUST CAUSED THE END OF ALL MANKIND!!!!!!

<a href=https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic27614_1.gif target=_blank>https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signat...pic27614_1.gif</a>

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    No. Considering that this setup will heavily depend on day chat scum hunting, some people need that time to review and reread days. And I don't want mafia coaching each other with an open day chat.

5. ISO #5

Okay so if the majority of votes are skip/no lynch and there is a single vote to lynch does the lynch vote have priority?
    I love oops

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▒▁▁▁▁▁▒▒░░░▒░░░░░░▒░░░░░▒░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░▁▐█▁▐░▒▒▁▐█▁░░░
    ▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▌░░░░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▀▀░░░░▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄██▓▓▌▀░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▄▒░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▄▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by Yayap View Post
    If 2 votes say skip and 1 vote is on a person then skip wins.

If the votes tie, then random.org decides if the person gets lynched or if day is skipped.

This makes reading vote trains much more valuable than if it's a fight between lynching someone you aren't convinced is scum vs a no lynch.
    Indeed, plurality lynch is great.

Just a dumb question: can the Sheriff check at night, or does he only have N0 clear?

Also /presign
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Indeed, plurality lynch is great.

Just a dumb question: can the Sheriff check at night, or does he only have N0 clear?

Also /presign
    Yes, he checks every night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    Can I post a screenshot of you saying I'm a citizen?
    Yes, that is why the exact wording of the citizing role PM is mentioned in the setup... Photoshop can be useful for scum if you want to abuse this.

10. ISO #10
    Ganelon

So no photoshop = you lose the game? lol

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

ms paint will work just as well for that small edit, point is - a pic of the pm won't confirm your role
    For some players it just might work lol.
    Do Not open this spoiler under any condition!!!!!!!
    WHY CANT YOU FOLLOW SIMPLE DIRECTIONS?
    YOU HAVE JUST CAUSED THE END OF ALL MANKIND!!!!!!

<a href=https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic27614_1.gif target=_blank>https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signat...pic27614_1.gif</a>

14. ISO #14

ms paint will work just as well for that small edit, point is - a pic of the pm won't confirm your role
    I mean, why not forbid it like everyone lol, it would save all of that trouble that is useless to have, no?
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

15. ISO #15

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    I mean, why not forbid it like everyone lol, it would save all of that trouble that is useless to have, no?
    Same reason people forbid the no saying role card word for word and do nothing when someone says their win condition. If you are not gonna enforce a rule, then don't make the rule.

16. ISO #16

If this is still a project, question and potential balance suggestion:

Can the Sheriff check people at night, or is it only someone with a N0 check?

If so, replacing a mafioso with a consort may be useful, to avoid an almighty cop on D4 if they just play like a normal citizen.

My apologies for late reply.

17. ISO #17

With no protective roles, the moment the cop reveals, he is a deadman. And no last wills means he has to hint his info if he doesn't want to outright claim.

And yes, Cop checks every night on top of his n0 random town check.

I'm currently playing this setup (17 man one) on a diff site and am enjoying it. I'm leaving the setup as is. If no one here wants to play it, fine, I'll play elsewhere.

18. ISO #18

so, would you just play like spartacus & have everyone claim sheriff?
    then, every day everyone claims who they "checked" and that they are inno. then when sheriff dies, he'll have left a last will.
    if the sheriff does find someone to be guilty, he still has ability to out himself in day chat.

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

19. ISO #19

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    so, would you just play like spartacus & have everyone claim sheriff?
    then, every day everyone claims who they "checked" and that they are inno. then when sheriff dies, he'll have left a last will.
    if the sheriff does find someone to be guilty, he still has ability to out himself in day chat.
    You realize that mafia will narrow down sheriff extremely quickly and cut him down by doing this? Gives the sheriff time to find maybe 1 mafia. Which is what happened in the game I'm in. Mafia read day chat too.

20. ISO #20

You realize that mafia will narrow down sheriff extremely quickly and cut him down by doing this? Gives the sheriff time to find maybe 1 mafia. Which is what happened in the game I'm in. Mafia read day chat too.
    lol hmm good point. Every citizen that claims a mafia member is innocent is then confirmed as citizen to the mafia. Darn, thought I was onto something!

Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24

25. ISO #25

26. ISO #26

27. ISO #27

28. ISO #28

29. ISO #29

30. ISO #30

Quote Originally Posted by Light_Yagami View Post
    I Mean All Sheriff Has To Do In Either Set Up Is Claim Cit.. And Just Check Till He Finds All Three.. And Be Like Bam Found Em All.. Watch Mafia Claim Sheriff..lmao
    Wat

31. ISO #31

Quote Originally Posted by Light_Yagami View Post
    I Mean All Sheriff Has To Do In Either Set Up Is Claim Cit.. And Just Check Till He Finds All Three.. And Be Like Bam Found Em All.. Watch Mafia Claim Sheriff..lmao
    Yea, that is what he would love to do... but watch mafia random hit him then no sheriff info ever. The timing of when the sheriff claims is not as simple as you think.

32. ISO #32

The setup looks good; I'll Approve it. Please note that the Host and the hosting time is not decided yet, and that this is only a setup approval message.