The status of SC2 Mafia FM, and how we can (and must) improve it - Page 7
Register

User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 146
  1. #121

  2. #122

  3. #123

    Re: The status of SC2 Mafia FM, and how we can (and must) improve it

    Quote Originally Posted by Never Unlucky View Post
    The website design is a bit old which doesnt help retain newcomers
    What makes it look old?

    Also hi resurrected person
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    God is a goofy loser.

  4. #124

    Re: The status of SC2 Mafia FM, and how we can (and must) improve it

    Quote Originally Posted by Never Unlucky View Post
    The website design is a bit old which doesnt help retain newcomers
    It's been a long fucking time mate.

    Welcome back
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

  5. #125

  6. #126

  7. #127

    Re: The status of SC2 Mafia FM, and how we can (and must) improve it

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    But what makes the site unique and different from the other mafia sites is that it’s SC2 mafia and that everyone in here is “special”. If you recruit random people from other sites then the site is no longer unique - in which case you might as well just play somewhere with a bigger userbase. Part of what makes us keep coming back here is that we all love to hate each other so much - and I don’t think that’s going to ever completely die off.
    uwu

  8. #128

  9. #129

  10. #130

    Re: The status of SC2 Mafia FM, and how we can (and must) improve it

    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    I personally believe adding that the way to sign to a FM is writing /sign in the Sign Ups would be a great idea.

    This might sound stupid, but I remember years ago when I wanted to take part in FM and I wasn't sure what was going on at all. I didn't even know if there was something else behind writing /sign or something, how would I get my role, if I only needed to write -vote X to vote someone... Writing all these little details in a clear way so anyone can find it would be a good idea.
    Yea I'd to post a few threads to learn about site functions. It's difficult to learn how this site works.

  11. #131

    Re: The status of SC2 Mafia FM, and how we can (and must) improve it

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    xD

    Ahh, ok. Just like you, I love the site's aesthetics, and did so ever since I joined. It looks like other members around think the same, so perhaps it's not that much of an issue.


    This may look dumb, but does anyone ever use the buttons for subscribing and RSS feed stuff? If not, that could probably be removed. However, the "last post in the section/thread/whatever" buttons are very useful to follow the forum's activity, along with the nice hat that changes color when you read things in the section. That should stay. Plus, they're not as mysterious as the small subscribe button.


    Haha that's true! Time to fix it.
    I never used subscribe and RSS. However, I don't think removing these two buttons is a high priority.

  12. #132

  13. #133

  14. #134

    Re: The status of SC2 Mafia FM, and how we can (and must) improve it

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    dont
    It's Voldemort.

    And sure, removing those things isn't a priority and I don't think I have the power to do it myself anyway. It's still something to consider, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    God is a goofy loser.

  15. #135

    Re: The status of SC2 Mafia FM, and how we can (and must) improve it

    If anyone cares about my opinion, it is not easy to even find this website, even if I know what I am looking for.
    There are many Starcraft forums that mention Mafia and they often pop-up higher than this forum (like liquipedia, or Mod Mafia wiki).

    People tend to be lazy and not scroll down.

    Maybe slightly bigger advertisment on Mafia wiki? Last line of long post on main site only isn't really eye-catching.

  16. #136

    Re: The status of SC2 Mafia FM, and how we can (and must) improve it

    Quote Originally Posted by Dallarian View Post
    If anyone cares about my opinion, it is not easy to even find this website, even if I know what I am looking for.
    There are many Starcraft forums that mention Mafia and they often pop-up higher than this forum (like liquipedia, or Mod Mafia wiki).

    People tend to be lazy and not scroll down.

    Maybe slightly bigger advertisment on Mafia wiki? Last line of long post on main site only isn't really eye-catching.
    Agreed about the wiki.

    As for that laziness, just typing "sc2 mafia" brings this up as the first choice for me. Perhaps a "Come play Forum Mafia on www.sc2mafia.com!" on the game's loading screen would be nice, though. Thanks for your input!
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    God is a goofy loser.

  17. #137

    Re: The status of SC2 Mafia FM, and how we can (and must) improve it

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post

    As for that laziness, just typing "sc2 mafia" brings this up as the first choice for me.
    Definitely not.
    Please remember, that different browsers try to "personalise" sometimes, so if you visit one website more often, then the website can be more likely to show for you.
    Last edited by Dallarian; June 11th, 2020 at 07:36 AM.

  18. #138

  19. #139

    Re: The status of SC2 Mafia FM, and how we can (and must) improve it

    Quote Originally Posted by Dallarian View Post
    Definitely not.
    Please remember, that different browsers try to "personalise" sometimes, so if you visit one website more often, then the website can be more likely to show for you.
    Usually true, but not on Tor =) I don't know why it doesn't show first for you when you type that. The loading screen idea remains good, though.

    How can the site be more accessible, Ceko? It needs to be more popular, but accessibility seems good, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    God is a goofy loser.

  20. #140

    Re: The status of SC2 Mafia FM, and how we can (and must) improve it

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Usually true, but not on Tor =) I don't know why it doesn't show first for you when you type that. The loading screen idea remains good, though.

    How can the site be more accessible, Ceko? It needs to be more popular, but accessibility seems good, no?
    1) get rid of that weird IP ban thingie UWU
    2) make it easier for new members to get ungated so they can post. ik hackers are a problem, but there's some confusion with confirming your email; apparently confirming your email only partially ungates you?
    3) this is something i can contribute toward, but a guide on how to use simple commands would be appreciated. for example, we could create tutorials on how to access the ISO, how to properly vote, and how to use spoilers correctly. there's probably an FM thread that explains the first two, but uh u get the point. if there was an FM thread that explains all the commands, well u could've made that info more accessible, u know? im not saying u should actually do that specific thing, it's just to illustrate my point on how this site is tough to figure out.

    i know a lot of this stuff can be figured out by most ppl if they just try hard enough.
    for example, i learned how to use spoilers by myself. however, a guide that is easily accessible will.... make this site more accessible!

    check why i edited this shit lmao. UWUTROLOLOOLOL!!! OWOTROLOLOLOL.
    Last edited by theoneceko; June 13th, 2020 at 03:02 PM. Reason: rainbowsUwU

 

 

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •