The status of SC2 Mafia FM, and how we can (and must) improve it
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. ISO #1

Exclamation The status of SC2 Mafia FM, and how we can (and must) improve it

We face dark hours, my friends. The citizens of this once great nation that is SC2 Mafia are for the most part gone, and the FM moderation team, along with its head, SuperJack, is missing. We need to do something by ourselves, for nobody else will do it for us. We will fight for this community or die with it! EN TARO TASSADAR!!!!

After this dramatic introduction... I think we need to get more players in. Yes, it's not a new thing, but right now, the site is lacking players. Just 2 more regulars that actually play the games, and the site would be running much smoother. To the people in other communities, tell people that we exist! And to everyone, promote the FM games in and out of the site! We need to stand together and get a new playerbase. This site is unique. Fight for the Motherland! :P
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3
    Ganelon

Re: The status of SC2 Mafia FM, and how we can (and must) improve it

Make me Admin so I can ban everyone

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

...I mean seriously guys lol we're talking about the future of the site... Get people in here and make them play a game, so they realize how magnificent we are ;)
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    ...I mean seriously guys lol we're talking about the future of the site... Get people in here and make them play a game, so they realize how magnificent we are ;)
    i want the future detroyed so?
    I Like Ice Cream

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by Efekannn02 View Post
    i want the future detroyed so?
    You don’t even need to change anything about you efe
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

9. ISO #9

But what makes the site unique and different from the other mafia sites is that it’s SC2 mafia and that everyone in here is “special”. If you recruit random people from other sites then the site is no longer unique - in which case you might as well just play somewhere with a bigger userbase. Part of what makes us keep coming back here is that we all love to hate each other so much - and I don’t think that’s going to ever completely die off.
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    But what makes the site unique and different from the other mafia sites is that it’s SC2 mafia and that everyone in here is “special”. If you recruit random people from other sites then the site is no longer unique - in which case you might as well just play somewhere with a bigger userbase. Part of what makes us keep coming back here is that we all love to hate each other so much - and I don’t think that’s going to ever completely die off.
    This is partly true, yes. But at the same time, we must get new people in, and they will love and enter the meta as much as we do. You're having the closeminded veteran syndrome here, and it's honestly scary to see a SMod like that lol.

11. ISO #11

This is partly true, yes. But at the same time, we must get new people in, and they will love and enter the meta as much as we do. You're having the closeminded veteran syndrome here, and it's honestly scary to see a SMod like that lol.
    No they’ll just think we’re psychos is what I’m saying
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

Some things aren’t made to last.

Let it die.
    Quote Originally Posted by PowersThatBe View Post
    Shut up cow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    Did you just fucking call him a cow?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16
    No, he played as well as he could. He had you right in the palm of his fucking hand all game and you STILL don’t get that. He played you like a fucking fiddle, and it was so obvious and it pains me that nobody else saw it.

14. ISO #14

Some things aren’t made to last.

Let it die.
    🙌🙌

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

We face dark hours, my friends. The citizens of this once great nation that is SC2 Mafia are for the most part gone, and the FM moderation team, along with its head, SuperJack, is missing. We need to do something by ourselves, for nobody else will do it for us. We will fight for this community or die with it! EN TARO TASSADAR!!!!

After this dramatic introduction... I think we need to get more players in. Yes, it's not a new thing, but right now, the site is lacking players. Just 2 more regulars that actually play the games, and the site would be running much smoother. To the people in other communities, tell people that we exist! And to everyone, promote the FM games in and out of the site! We need to stand together and get a new playerbase. This site is unique. Fight for the Motherland! :P
    Still waiting for you to apply to FM Moderation.

Thank you Anonymous Donor

17. ISO #17

Someone gave me a rep comment and told me to fuck off lol
    Shut up cow.
    No, he played as well as he could. He had you right in the palm of his fucking hand all game and you STILL don’t get that. He played you like a fucking fiddle, and it was so obvious and it pains me that nobody else saw it.

18. ISO #18

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Still waiting for you to apply to FM Moderation.
    Eeeh you're not the only one who told me to do that so I did, like a week ago... no reply lol so I do what I can with what I have :P

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

Quote Originally Posted by Arsonist View Post
    sc2 mafia sucks lol
    thank you for your contribution
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

21. ISO #21

I got a second fuck off but this was pos rep this time
    Shut up cow.

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24

25. ISO #25

26. ISO #26

Quote Originally Posted by Yayap View Post
    still waiting for something other than sfms... and a decent setup that interests me.
    Do you ever read any games? Why no interest in S-FMs?

I knew you popped in every now and then, but I had no idea you were simply waiting for a game you'd be interested in joining.

27. ISO #27

still waiting for something other than sfms... and a decent setup that interests me.
    Well, which kind of games do you like? :P

28. ISO #28

Well, which kind of games do you like? :P
    needs to have potential. like when you read the sleeve of a book.

Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

29. ISO #29

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    needs to have potential. like when you read the sleeve of a book.
    Well the game with the wild coyote stupid op jester has potential, JOIN US!

30. ISO #30

Games that I'm looking for:

stupid op [insert role name here]
    Games that dont have this for starters...

More interested in playing in a bigger scale for FMs.. not 13 players or less
    Not interested in playing non anonymous right now since I have no clue what the current player base meta is and I'd most likely be a high target as of day 1 for anyone who has played with me in the past
    Looking for setups that have a decent chance for any faction to win... aka neutrals evils shouldn't need a miracle to pull it off. And, as little chance as possible for people to go against their current win condition because of possible changes to win conditions.. like planning to be recruited by cult.
    And looking for a solid setup that doesn't have any broken mechanics that can be exploited or are so vague that the host ends up in a position of being forced to "soft confirm" people as a role because no one knows except that person how a role can be used.

I've decided to give the player base a chance to see if it has improved since my hiatus.. which was when I last hosted and modkilled over 50% of the players for inactivity.

31. ISO #31

Lol this was a joke for a joke setup.

We could try hosting an M-FM. Which would imply you'd get in it though lol.
    I don't think a lot of people will remember you, the playerbase has changed.

This host deserves a good spanking O.O

32. ISO #32

Games that I'm looking for:

Games that dont have this for starters...

More interested in playing in a bigger scale for FMs.. not 13 players or less
    Not interested in playing non anonymous right now since I have no clue what the current player base meta is and I'd most likely be a high target as of day 1 for anyone who has played with me in the past
    Looking for setups that have a decent chance for any faction to win... aka neutrals evils shouldn't need a miracle to pull it off. And, as little chance as possible for people to go against their current win condition because of possible changes to win conditions.. like planning to be recruited by cult.
    And looking for a solid setup that doesn't have any broken mechanics that can be exploited or are so vague that the host ends up in a position of being forced to "soft confirm" people as a role because no one knows except that person how a role can be used.

I've decided to give the player base a chance to see if it has improved since my hiatus.. which was when I last hosted and modkilled over 50% of the players for inactivity.
    you'll be dissappointed trust me
    I Like Ice Cream

33. ISO #33

34. ISO #34

Quote Originally Posted by Efekannn02 View Post
    im preparing a big post here just for your sake @Marshmallow Marshall its for everyone on this forum past and current players all of them
    Efe can you just leave this........ okay lemme rephrase.

YOUR SOLE PRESENCE HERE IS BLIGHTING THESE HOLY LANDS. BEGONE, CHILD OF CHAOS!

35. ISO #35

36. ISO #36

TBH, if rules were strictly applied 2/3 of the posts here would be infracted. Lmao.
    I know this is going to get me hated... but we really need to apply the rules here. For the sake of what this thread was supposed to be discussing lol. This community's members are too immature to self moderate, and this saddens me.

MODERATORS, I CALL FOR THEE FROM THY ETERNAL SLUMBER, ARISE ON THIS GROUND AND PURGE THE HERETICS!

37. ISO #37

I know this is going to get me hated... but we really need to apply the rules here. For the sake of what this thread was supposed to be discussing lol. This community's members are too immature to self moderate, and this saddens me.

MODERATORS, I CALL FOR THEE FROM THY ETERNAL SLUMBER, ARISE ON THIS GROUND AND PURGE THE HERETICS!
    I got the feeling that if we hard applied the General Discussion rules we would be raged at. Like a lot.

38. ISO #38

I got the feeling that if we hard applied the General Discussion rules we would be raged at. Like a lot.
    True.... but it is the result of not having applied them xD unmoderated community inevitably becomes cancerous community, sadly.

39. ISO #39

True.... but it is the result of not having applied them xD unmoderated community inevitably becomes cancerous community, sadly.
    I hope we can discuss these issues when you belong to the Staff.

Now, how do we get new players in here?

40. ISO #40

I hope we can discuss these issues when you belong to the Staff.

Now, how do we get new players in here?
    Uuuh okay xD

we RECRUIT! On the mod, on parasite (I started doing that already), on other sites, on discord servers... On the places where it's possible to get people in, basically. People aren't attracted by the game because of long deadlines usually, but when they start playing they love it. I think I can safely say that the biggest part of us have experienced this ourselves when we started playing. So just show it as a game of logic and all, I guess. It's not lying to them, it's just not scaring them

41. ISO #41

Uuuh okay xD

we RECRUIT! On the mod, on parasite (I started doing that already), on other sites, on discord servers... On the places where it's possible to get people in, basically. People aren't attracted by the game because of long deadlines usually, but when they start playing they love it. I think I can safely say that the biggest part of us have experienced this ourselves when we started playing. So just show it as a game of logic and all, I guess. It's not lying to them, it's just not scaring them
    I don't know, wouldn't it feel weird to go somewhere and start advertising our site? I believe we may just get

42. ISO #42

43. ISO #43

I don't know, wouldn't it feel weird to go somewhere and start advertising our site? I believe we may just get
    I mean to people who are interested lol not just go somewhere and scream JOIN SC2MAFIA IS DA BEST SITE EVAR!

44. ISO #44

45. ISO #45

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Screw You
    I Am Better Than You

46. ISO #46

that sounds like a horrible way to sell a product. it's like going to an apple orchard & trying to sell them your apples. No one will bite lol

47. ISO #47

48. ISO #48

49. ISO #49

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    that sounds like a horrible way to sell a product. it's like going to an apple orchard & trying to sell them your apples. No one will bite lol
    You seriously think memes are better??? lol

50. ISO #50

You seriously think memes are better??? lol
    Yes, of course. Just go on meme making apps & reddit. Post regular funny memes you think of & tag sc2mafia. Make some funny memes that kind of have to do with mafia & tag sc2mafia.

You know how many people worldwide look at memes daily?