Every day we are tempted to sin
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1
    Rachyl

Every day we are tempted to sin

We live in a world where we are at war every day with the world, the flesh, and the devil. Our own sinful flesh tempts us to give in to our passions instead of exercising self-control and walking in holiness. The world throws the lusts of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life in our direction at a dizzying pace. It constantly tells us that the path of truth and holiness is the path for suckers and the path of unrestrained self-fulfillment is the way of life. The temptation to believe this lie can be overwhelming. The devil knows our greatest weakness and pokes at them every day. This evil master-strategist tempts us in a myriad of ways, and none of them come at us with flashing lights to warn us of the impending danger.
    Basking in the truths of the Gospel every day helps us to fight against our temptations to sin. The death of Jesus reminds us that our sin cost Jesus his life, and we do not want to walk in that which Jesus died for. Furthermore, his death stands as a powerful testimony to the death that our old self died when we came to him. His resurrection shines a light on the new life that we have through him. Just as he was raised from the dead never to die again, we have been raised from the dead to walk in newness of life. We don’t have to walk in slavery to sin anymore because we are new people through the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus.

2. ISO #2

Re: Every day we are tempted to sin

I completely agree. You walk outside and you see lust on the billboards. Turn on the TV and you're bombarded with glorified celebrities - prideful and superior. You can forget they're even human sometimes. All the while, the simple honest path of Christ is laughed at by the nihilistic generation as "naiive", and outdated to deal with a more complicated world.

I was lost for a very long time. This society made me angry, and I lived a bitter and cynical life. It was only when the love of Christ touched my heart that I realized that there was something MORE to it all. Do you know what I mean? I'm not sure if I'm being very clear hahah.

Anyway, the bible is the timeless document of god, and equipped to deal with the struggles of ANY age and ANY challenge. I'm glad to see others on this site realize that.
    Last edited by yzb25; October 7th, 2018 at 01:59 AM.

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Re: Every day we are tempted to sin

not really into religion, but i do agree that a good guide to morality in ones life is good thing. like the great Tyler Durden said.

I see in the fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables, slaves with white collars, advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of the history man, no purpose or place, we have no Great war, no Great depression, our great war is a spiritual war, our great depression is our lives, we've been all raised by television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars, but we won't and we're slowly learning that fact. and we're very very pissed off.”

probably not a good idea to get ideological advice from fight club but i do.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.