[Abandoned] S-FM Bowser's Castle (10P)
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

S-FM Bowser's Castle (10P)

A group of toads invaded Bowser's castle and scared all the Koopas away. Now it's up to Bowser, his son Bowser Jr and one Bullet Bill to get rid of the mushrooms and restore order again.

Bowser
    Bowser Jr

Bullet Bill
    Toad
    Toad
    Toad
    Toad
    Toad
    Toad
    Toad

Bullet Bill
    -Picks a target before each day
    -A random target is assigned if Bullet Bill does not pick
    -Lynch the target and Bullet Bill dies afterwards, don't lynch it and the target dies at night
    -Can't be lynched or killed, gets revealed on an attempted lynch
    -Can't be kidnapped

Bowser
    -Kidnaps one target before each night
    -Everyone who visits that target dies
    -If Bowser gets visited the kidnap will be cancelled
    -Targets stay kidnapped until either they or Bowser get visited
    -Kidnapped targets can't use their ability and aren't notified of anything
    -Can't kidnap self
    -Knows who Bowser Jr is but has no chat

Bowser Jr
    -Visits someone each night
    -Targets aren't notified if they don't have a special ability
    -Knows who Bowser is
    -Replaces Bowser if he dies

Toad
    -Visits someone each night
    -Targets aren't notified if they don't have a special ability
    -Toads have a special ability of receiving a notification when they themselves get visited
    -One Toad always get notified when exactly one person visits them
    -Three Toads get notified when they get two visitors
    -One Toad gets a notification for three visitors
    -One Toad always gets notified one day later for either one or three visitors
    -The last Toad gets his notification exactly two days later for any number of visitors
    -Toads do not know what kind of ability they have, kidnapping at the time of the visit blocks it
    -Every Toad is assigned a unique name from this list:
    Spoiler : Toad Names :
    Action Toad
    Banktoad
    Battle T.
    Beetle Mania Toad
    Blue Toad
    Brown Toad
    Captain Toad
    Card Connoisseur Toad
    Chanterelle
    Chef Spore
    Chosen Toad
    Dane T.
    "Deep Cuts" Toad
    Dr. Toadley
    Dr. Toadley's intern
    Doe T.
    Dr. Toad
    Fice T.
    Frost T.
    George Washingtoad
    Ghost Toad
    Gramma Red
    Gramma Green
    Green Toad
    Harry T.
    Heff T.
    Herb T.
    Hinopio
    Kinopio-kun
    Know-it-All Toad
    Legendary Captain
    Little T.
    Mailtoad
    Minh T.
    Mini T.
    Mort T.
    Mr. E
    Mrs. Shroomlock
    Mushbert
    Mushroom Boy
    Mushroom Doctor
    Music Toad
    Mushroom Nanny
    Mushroom Pilot
    Mushroom Referee
    Mushroom Shop Clerk
    Muss T.
    Mustard Café Chef
    Niff T.
    Obi-Wan Toadi
    Pine T. Jr.
    Pine T. Sr.
    Pink Toad
    Plenn T.
    Prince Hugo
    Prince Mush
    Professor Fungi
    Purple Toad
    Red Toad
    Rock Paper Wizard
    Russ T.
    Shroomlock
    Tangerino Grill Chef
    Tayce T.
    The Mushroom Marauder
    Jake "The Crusher" Fungi
    Thriff T.
    Toad
    Toad
    Toad
    Toad
    Toad
    Toad
    Toad
    Toad
    Toad
    Toad
    Toad
    Toad
    Toad
    Toad
    Toad
    Toad
    Toad
    Toad
    Toad
    Toad
    Toad
    Toad Captain
    Toad Conductor
    Toad Minister
    Toad Professor
    Toad Warrior
    Toad Waitress
    Toad in the Desert
    Toad's Cousin
    Toadbert
    Toadette
    Toadia
    Toadiko
    Toadman
    Toadmaster General
    Toadofsky
    Toadster
    Toadsworth
    Toadsworth the Younger
    Toce T.
    Todojewski
    Toodles
    Traveling Sister
    Traveling Toad
    Vanna T.
    Yellow Toad
    Zess T.
    Zip Toad

Rules and Mechanics
    -The game starts with a 24 hours day 0 to pick targets and get to know each other, voting starts day 1
    -Days are 48 hours long
    -Nights are instant
    -Night actions must be submitted during the day, doing nothing is allowed
    -Quoting private messages from the host is forbidden
    -Roles are revealed upon death
    -No last wills or death notes
    -Majority Lynch

Order of Operations
    -Bowser kidnaps
    -Toads visit
    -Bowser and Bullet Bill kill
    -Toads receive their notifications

Win Conditions
    Toad: kill Bowser, Bowser Jr and Bullet Bill
    Bullet Bill, Bowser, Bowser Jr: kill the Toads
    Bowser and Bowser Jr win ties on their own, Bullet Bill has to hit a toad first when it's 3v3 or 2v2
    Last edited by Kenny; August 8th, 2018 at 08:00 AM.

2. ISO #2

Re: S-FM Bowser's Castle

Are toads forced to target?

Bowser's rolecard states "Kidnaps one target before night". But it also states "If Bowser gets visited the Kidnap will be cancelled." Does this mean that if a toad visits bowser and a different toad visits the kidnap target, the second toad doesn't die?

Looks very interesting. Right now there doesn't seem to be any incentive for Toads to visit.
    Last edited by Stealthbomber16; August 7th, 2018 at 01:02 PM. Reason: colors
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

3. ISO #3

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    Are toads forced to target?

Bowser's rolecard states "Kidnaps one target before night". But it also states "If Bowser gets visited the Kidnap will be cancelled." Does this mean that if a toad visits bowser and a different toad visits the kidnap target, the second toad doesn't die?

Looks very interesting. Right now there doesn't seem to be any incentive for Toads to visit.
    Night actions must be submitted during the day, doing nothing is allowed.

Yes, Bowser can't kill if he gets visited.
    The thing about this whole visiting is that bowser can't target himself and toads who get visited and make someone die basically become confirmed as non bowser and non bullet bill if the previous toad communicated it properly.
    Last edited by Kenny; August 7th, 2018 at 01:22 PM.

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    This one got abandoned by the people responsible for reviewing setups.
    @Marshmallow Marshall are you gonna make a setup graveyard subforum too? To get rid of all those corpses in the workshop
    Sorry for that. SuperJack left without much of a warning, and your setup was still labeled as a WIP, so noone reviewed it. As you can imagine, FM staff isn't permanently looking at the countless setups that have been left as WIPs for a long time.

As for the Setup Graveyard idea, I considered adding exactly that, but finally decided that a prefix would be better and easier to manage, since normal members can change their own thread prefix if they ever decide to work on the setup again. Plus, it remains in the Workshop as a potential inspiration source, instead of going in an archive nobody really goes into.

@Kenny , you are a confirmed janitor for wanting to clear the Workshop's corpses.
    -vote Kenny

Setup marked as Ready for Review; review in progress.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

7. ISO #7

Re: S-FM Bowser's Castle (10P)

- I assume that Bullet Bill's target is not announced to anyone but himself? Please clarify.

- Since nights are instant, why does Bullet Bill have to pick a target before each day, while others have to pick a target before each night? Isn't it the same thing? Unless I misunderstood, please uniformize that.

- The wording about the Toads' different abilities is unclear. I suggest to remove the lines explaining that some number of Toads have night actions, and to create completely new rolecards for them that would appear in the rolelist.

- Major concern : Town seems heavily underpowered. There is no pro-town mechanic other than the visits, and the visits, while they are interesting, don't give much info compared to standard cops or similar. On the other hand, the scums have a lot of potential kills. I suggest to either add a new TPR, or to simply add more Toads.

- Concern already voiced by Stealthbomber16 : Toads' visits are not worth much compared to the power of kidnapping. The possible amount of disruption of feedback (kidnappings, Bowser Jr.) makes visiting people as a Toad likely to be a bad idea.

More to come later.
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    Thematically I like this setup a lot.

If you wanted to give town a tiny bit more power, I suggest adding a Captain Toad who can heal perhaps. It feels like toads lack incentive to visit much, unless I'm missing something.
    Or do Bowser Jr. & Toads visit randomly similar to Sleepwalker?

11. ISO #11

Thematically I like this setup a lot.

If you wanted to give town a tiny bit more power, I suggest adding a Captain Toad who can heal perhaps. It feels like toads lack incentive to visit much, unless I'm missing something.
    Gameplay-wise, I support this.
    Lore-wise, it's unrealistic. Captain Toad's best tool is undoubtedly... his speed. :P
    Or do Bowser Jr. & Toads visit randomly similar to Sleepwalker?
    That would make the visits completely useless for town; plus, it's implied in "doing nothing is a valid action" that visits are not random.

12. ISO #12

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    - I assume that Bullet Bill's target is not announced to anyone but himself? Please clarify.

- Since nights are instant, why does Bullet Bill have to pick a target before each day, while others have to pick a target before each night? Isn't it the same thing? Unless I misunderstood, please uniformize that.

- The wording about the Toads' different abilities is unclear. I suggest to remove the lines explaining that some number of Toads have night actions, and to create completely new rolecards for them that would appear in the rolelist.

- Major concern : Town seems heavily underpowered. There is no pro-town mechanic other than the visits, and the visits, while they are interesting, don't give much info compared to standard cops or similar. On the other hand, the scums have a lot of potential kills. I suggest to either add a new TPR, or to simply add more Toads.

- Concern already voiced by Stealthbomber16 : Toads' visits are not worth much compared to the power of kidnapping. The possible amount of disruption of feedback (kidnappings, Bowser Jr.) makes visiting people as a Toad likely to be a bad idea.

More to come later.
    Bump. @Kenny