1. ISO #1

Lefthand: 1-S2-1-2158987

Account Name: Lefthand

Account ID: 1-S2-1-2158987

In-Game Name: Dave Chapelle but white

Crimes Committed: Reactionary Gamethrowing

Your Account Name: Aamirus

Summary:

Skip to the end of the game. 4 players left alive on D7.
    This player(15) is cult along with 6. 3 is an executioner and 13 is the last mafia. 3 votes needed to trial somebody.

The executioner votes 13 along with 6 and 15, meaning that all cult has to do to win the game is vote guilty. 6 fails to vote guilty and the executioner innos which results in a 1-1 vote. Considering 6 was the original cultist and was clearly trying to win, it is my opinion that he did not forget to vote on purpose but instead just made a mistake.

15 is upset, thinking that 6 has just lost them the game. He immediately starts insulting 6. He chooses to suicide that night out of salt. The mafia chooses to kill 6 though so ultimately both cultists die that night and the game ends with a mafia victory. If 15 had not suicided it would have been 1 cult, 1 exec, 1 mafia on D8 and he could have convinced the executioner to vote the mafioso with him. Therefore, while 6 did make a big mistake, 15 ultimately gamethrew by suiciding when the cult still had a chance to win.

Lefthand Gamethrow.SC2Replay
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

2. ISO #2

Re: Lefthand: 1-S2-1-2158987

SC ID VERIFICATION

Lefthand: Correct. 1-S2-1-2158987

Respective Hotkeys

Lefthand: Control + 4

Was the Game Result altered?

Yes, Cult would have had a chance of winning if 15 hadn't suicided out of rage.

Previous Offenses

Lefthand: Intentional Game-Throwing (2 years old) https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...hlight=2158987

Player Offenses

Lefthand: Reactionary Game-Throwing

Summary

Setup: -

Names / Roles: Lefthand roles Bus Driver and chooses "Dave Chapelle but white" as his name.

---

Night 4: Lefthand is converted to the Cultist.

---

Day 7: Aamirus' summary is accurate. There are 4 players remaining: 3 (Executioner who already won), 6 (Cultist), 13 (Mafioso) and 15 (Cultist & Reported Player). 13 is voted up by the Executioner and the 2 cultists. 3 innoes and 15 guilties. 15 says "6 if u don't guilty you die tomorrow". 13 is innoed and the day ends.

Night 7: 6 says that he didn't expect 3 to inno and apologizes. 15 says "u just cost us the game, i hope you are fucking happy, u stupid retard, how are u so fucking dumb, u just threw, he kills me now". 6 simply responds "no need for name callings". 13 kills 6 and 15 suicides.

The game ends in a Mafia win.

Recommended Action

Lefthand: Watch List x2

Additional Notes
    Thank you for the report! Feel free to report more players if you think they’re breaking the rules!

Thank you Anonymous Donor

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Edit: (apparently theres a character limit on messages)

Please come and claim your prize aamirus!

I remember this game happened at least a few months ago. I remember because we argued after the game and you kept saying over and over again how you were a mod on the forums and you were gonna ban me for throwing. Yes, I also distinctly remember encouraging you to upload and report! (clearly you didnt see this was a classic example of winning the battle but losing the war)

So let me get this straight. You sit on this replay for a couple months and one day you go. You know what I am going to do! Let me upload a game where I 100% lost the game and try to get the guy who carried me to a free victory banned for throwing. Am I going to claim that I was the person who lost the game? NO Ill just claim I am a random bystander. Do I take any responsibility for my own actions and lack of competence? Obviously I will not! I am am mod with integrity!

In that game I got at least one maybe two cult killed. When I become cult with 4 left. Do I whine or complain. No I make a move to guarantee cult a victory. You completely botched the 100% win. Then I get a reactionary throwing after winning the game for cult. Classic

I know this is not a formal appeal. However Godfeather in your wise judgement, mercy and grace. May you double my watchlist 2x into 4x and make my offense obscene harassment and berating, or something equally fitting? For I may actually learning something in the future this way. As, I will learn nothing from my teammate losing the game and then expecting me to beg an executioner who innoed the other last evil the next day.

Its stunts like this from people like you why our current culture is so divided and on edge about everything. aamirus you are a professional victim. You are the guy who runs a red light, gets into an accident and you get out of your car screaming at the other person because their car technically hit yours. You clearly spent 0 time in self reflection to realize you are the source and root of this current problem. O wait no. What you did here was plain cowardice. You are the guy who runs the red light and when you cause the accident you fake a bad neck injury to get pity and take attention away from your own actions and failure. You are a professional victim, you put yourself into a position of power. You become a mod and you wield that power and responsibility right on the edge of blatant dishonesty and deceit. You use power not a source to better or uplift any part of the game or community. You use power simply as a tool to serve yourself and your own interests.

All I ever wanted was the recognition of you costing us the victory. All I want was a hey, I dropped the ball and lost us the game, sorry. Maybe something like, I wasnt paying attention and didnt vote and it cost us the game, my bad. This situation is a chain link problem with a chain link solution. It requires both people to recognize and acknowledge their own misdoing and actions to make a resolution. I 100% admit and recognize I went over the top being an asshole. However the natural order is you apologize first, then I apologize second, we feel like idiots for 2 minutes, shake hands and go about our day. Hopefully learning something from the situation. Mere negligence does not merit nor equivocate to absolution.
    Last edited by lefthand; September 17th, 2018 at 04:28 PM.

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

Let me just summarize what you are claiming.

You aren't the cult who threw.
    You aren't the mod who pmed me for 10 minutes after the game claiming to be a mod on the forums
    You aren't the mod who pmed me for 10 minutes literally threatening to do EXACTLY what you claimed in this thread.

You are claming it must have been another random mod who stayed till the end of the game and made the EXACT same accusation and claim. WOW ZOINKS SCOOB WHAT A MYSTERY.

Anyone who watched that game and thinks what I did was throwing is a complete moron. My teammate threw. Its so comical reading your accusation and defense of him you were 6.

What you wrote might be the dumbest claim I have ever read in my life.

>Considering 6 was the original cultist and was clearly trying to win, it is my opinion that he did not forget to vote on purpose but instead just made a mistake.

Clearly trying to win!!!!!!!

What your evidence?

hm...... He didnt vote to win despite it being a 100% win. hmmm aasirmus you are a literal genius think.. hmmm

I will just claim 2 things that are in direct conflict with each other. PERFECT. He was trying to win but he did exactly what prevented him from winning. Genius.

wait assirmus you need to put a cherry on the top so it has POWER behind it.

I will claim its my OPINION he made a mistake despite the evidence showing the EXACT opposite. GENIUS.

TL;DR

AASIRMUS: MY OPINION > FACTS, EVIDENCE, LOGIC, REALITY

Punishing people for another person mistake. Classic.

THIS WHOLE THING JUST SHOWS FOAMING HYPOCRISY

EVERY SINGLE SUICIDE IN MAFIA CAN LITERALLY BE CONSIDERED GAME THROWING.

the amount of exception making and mental gymnastics for this to be consider a throw is ABSURD. I await to hear how I was going to get the executioner to VOTE AND GUILTY the last evil he just inno'd.

I love how that in order for me to be guilty. You need to claim 6 is innocent of any crime. Yet there is no evidence 6 is innocent, but you have to claim it because you want to punish me. (because you were indeed 6 who pm'd me after the game and claimed you would ban me and you were a mod.)

I await your next epic defense. aasmirus
    Last edited by lefthand; November 2nd, 2018 at 11:30 AM.

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by lefthand View Post
    Let me just summarize what you are claiming.

You aren't the cult who threw.
    You aren't the mod who pmed me for 10 minutes after the game claiming to be a mod on the forums
    You aren't the mod who pmed me for 10 minutes literally threatening to do EXACTLY what you claimed in this thread.

You are claming it must have been another random mod who stayed till the end of the game and made the EXACT same accusation and claim. WOW ZOINKS SCOOB WHAT A MYSTERY.

Anyone who watched that game and thinks what I did was throwing is a complete moron. My teammate threw. Its so comical reading your accusation and defense of him you were 6.

What you wrote might be the dumbest claim I have ever read in my life.

>Considering 6 was the original cultist and was clearly trying to win, it is my opinion that he did not forget to vote on purpose but instead just made a mistake.

Clearly trying to win!!!!!!!

What your evidence?

hm...... He didnt vote to win despite it being a 100% win. hmmm aasirmus you are a literal genius think.. hmmm

I will just claim 2 things that are in direct conflict with each other. PERFECT. He was trying to win but he did exactly what prevented him from winning. Genius.

wait assirmus you need to put a cherry on the top so it has POWER behind it.

I will claim its my OPINION he made a mistake despite the evidence showing the EXACT opposite. GENIUS.

TL;DR

AASIRMUS: MY OPINION > FACTS, EVIDENCE, LOGIC, REALITY

Punishing people for another person mistake. Classic.

THIS WHOLE THING JUST SHOWS FOAMING HYPOCRISY

EVERY SINGLE SUICIDE IN MAFIA CAN LITERALLY BE CONSIDERED GAME THROWING.

the amount of exception making and mental gymnastics for this to be consider a throw is ABSURD. I await to hear how I was going to get the executioner to VOTE AND GUILTY the last evil he just inno'd.

I love how that in order for me to be guilty. You need to claim 6 is innocent of any crime. Yet there is no evidence 6 is innocent, but you have to claim it because you want to punish me. (because you were indeed 6 who pm'd me after the game and claimed you would ban me and you were a mod.)

I await your next epic defense. aasmirus
    You can watch the replay yourself. I’m not the cultist who forgot to vote...

8. ISO #8

Glad we solved that.

So now onto the person who claimed to be a mod and was going to ban me for reactionary throwing. Are you now going to claim that was not you or are we going to have to look at the original 15 people in the game and find out there was only one mod? (if there literally was 2 mods in the game then yes I 100% WILL owe you an apology.)

While you are here. Might as well answer another question whether or not ANY AND ALL suicides should be considered "reactionary gamethrowing? You are a mod after all. Might as well get the official position?

I dont want to suicide as a citizen against 3 mafia and end up getting another "reactionary throw" / "salt"

or can you acknowledge the obvious that I suicide in an unwinnable game in any practical sense of the phrase. If i have to beg an exe who just innoed the other last evil. I await to here how my "reactionary throw" can be equal across all uses of it bans on the forums
    Last edited by lefthand; November 2nd, 2018 at 05:33 PM.

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by lefthand View Post
    While you are here. Might as well answer another question whether or not ANY AND ALL suicides should be considered "reactionary gamethrowing? You are a mod after all. Might as well get the official position?

I dont want to suicide as a citizen against 3 mafia and end up getting another "reactionary throw" / "salt"

or can you acknowledge the obvious that I suicide in an unwinnable game in any practical sense of the phrase. If i have to beg an exe who just innoed the other last evil. I await to here how my "reactionary throw" can be equal across all uses of it bans on the forums
    Suiciding in the situation you listed (3 mafia and 1 cit left) is fine since the game is already over at that point. Suiciding is okay when the game is genuinely unwinnable.

In the situation where it’s 1 mafia, 1 cultist, and 1 executioner left at the start of day the game is still EASILY winnable for the cultist. Here is a sample of the various ways you could convince the executioner to vote the mafia:
    1) Claim that you’ve never gotten this role win before and ask him to help a brother out
    2) Say you didn’t ask to be culted and that you got screwed over by the other guy afking and that you don’t deserve to lose just because of that
    3) Make a case that the mafia doesn’t deserve to win by pointing out how they played poorly and/or saying they attacked him
    4) claim that you voted up his executioner target while the mafia did not, hence he should pick you to win
    5) lie by Claiming that you will suicide if he votes the mafia so he can get an executioner solo win (and a rare achievement too!)
    6) for all you know he might have even voted the mafia without even needing to be convinced. Innoing the previous day doesn’t guarantee anything.
    7) Appeal to his ego and try to get him to like you as a person- as dumb as this sounds, in a situation where he wins either way, ANYTHING could help sway him to your side

Etc. etc., the thing that surprises me the most is you seem to think it would have been impossible to convince him to vote the mafia. The whole crux of this game is getting people to vote with you rather than against you!

As for the other thing you said - nobody ever said they were going to ban you or get you banned - you can check the replay to confirm that. After you suicided (and gamethrew) you started heavily railing on the other player who didn’t vote during the mafia trial- spamming cuss words and that he was a gamethrower. As I recall he even responded and said that he didn’t think the executioner was going to inno, but you were for some reason so sure he intentionally did this to lose (which makes no sense) that you kept flaming him. This was a little annoying to see so I stepped in and tried to explain to you that the only person who actually gamethrew ON PURPOSE was you - which sadly seemed to just make you lose your head even more. I think you kept going for awhile after the game in PMs with me.

I thought that maybe filing the report would help you (with a cooler head) see where you went wrong here. A first offence reactionary gamethrow is never going to get worse than a short watchlisting as punishment so there was no attempt here to get you “banned” or removed from the game - just an attempt to get you to see where you went wrong.

Clearly, it hasn’t worked since you seem to be a 24/7 angry person, and you seemed to think I was that cultist who didn’t vote for some reason. Despite that, I hope that you at least gain something out of this - maybe you’ll consider using some of the persuasion techniques I listed above in future games.

10. ISO #10

Let me just say this about your 7 ways to win. They are comprised of emotionally focused tactics/appeals. Beg! Say you deserve it! Never say Never! Claim I didnt ask to be cult! Appeal to his ego. These focus on the feelings of the executioner who has no qualm or reason to change or respond to me. He can make the decision of the game on any whim he desires. Which I consider to be low level play and fairly unskilled as it gives unique results that are never actually in your control. This put the game into someone else hands (in a game where I believe I have already won it)

I believe I found the main disagreement between us. I play the game focusing on the intellectual moves/edge. I got culted and initiated the game into a 100% win condition on a intellectual level. No one can deny that. For a player like me where I focus on making game winning moves. After being robbed/denied that position I will not lower myself into a position to EVER make a emotional play. (your 1-7, yes, obvious I have seen and tried them myself. very rarely used and even more rarely wins the game)

You say: I thought that maybe filing the report would help you (with a cooler head) see where you went wrong here.

Well the exact opposite happened: I stand by my position in the game more firmly than before. I put myself and team into a 100% intellectual win condition but my teammate "failed" for [insert X] reason. In my opinion and understanding of mafia. I won this game. Any "win" where I beg or appeal to an executioners emotion has no value or credit to how I understand mafia. You could replay this exact situation with 100 different people playing the executioner and get unique results. None truly have any meaning to me.

As a side note I also just generally dislike cult. It very often rewards town to kill town and hoping they become cult.

I guess the random person who claimed to be a mod and was going to report me for exactly this, will just remain a mystery...
    Last edited by lefthand; November 2nd, 2018 at 09:26 PM.