[Ready for Review] S-FM Sengoku Jidai (13P) - Page 2
Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. ISO #51

Re: S-FM Sengoku Jidai (13P)

Quote Originally Posted by LagAttack View Post
    You said the Crier could say who they're NOT, but they can't say who they are?

What if there are 6 players left:
    Alice, Bob, Charlie, David, Erin, Frank

Crier posts:
    I am NOT Bob, Charlie, David, Erin, or Frank.
    :Think:
    I think I would not allow that.

2. ISO #52

3. ISO #53

4. ISO #54

Quote Originally Posted by CRichardForumLies View Post
    I mean it's possible to figure out if the role is town or scum by looking at how their actions fit in a town or scum PoV.
    Yeah, that's the point. But...

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Was worried about that, but most town roles have scum analogues, apart from Crier. TPRs can't really self-confirm that much
    What stops PRs from just massclaiming and forcing scum to either enter CC wars and die or to accept facing a towncore? They can only kill once (or having some blackmailing fun, but that doesn't stop PRs from being confirmed). If there are only 2 PRs, it's very manageable with kills + roleblocks. Right now, the setup could be solved through massclaiming D1.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

5. ISO #55

:Think:
    I think I would not allow that.
    That was my point lol. How far can the Crier go with that? Is it really necessary to forbid the Crier from confirming himself in his message?
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

6. ISO #56

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Yeah, that's the point. But...

What stops PRs from just massclaiming and forcing scum to either enter CC wars and die or to accept facing a towncore? They can only kill once (or having some blackmailing fun, but that doesn't stop PRs from being confirmed). If there are only 2 PRs, it's very manageable with kills + roleblocks. Right now, the setup could be solved through massclaiming D1.
    Hmm, you are right. How about this: Oda have a factional kill, and the disguiser can choose to turn that kill into a disguise, once per game. If there is a disguiser

7. ISO #57

Hmm, you are right. How about this: Oda have a factional kill, and the disguiser can choose to turn that kill into a disguise, once per game. If there is a disguiser
    I mean, that could work, but then the setup is completely different in spirit and loses what makes it interesting. Plus, you'd probably have to make the Mafia roles less powerful in such a case. Do you really hate removing a PR that much?

8. ISO #58

I mean, that could work, but then the setup is completely different in spirit and loses what makes it interesting. Plus, you'd probably have to make the Mafia roles less powerful in such a case. Do you really hate removing a PR that much?
    If I remove one PR, there's still two PRs left. If they take out the Disguiser, it's, I think, game over for Mafia. Unless they do something fucked up with the blackmailer.

9. ISO #59

If I remove one PR, there's still two PRs left. If they take out the Disguiser, it's, I think, game over for Mafia. Unless they do something fucked up with the blackmailer.
    Well, I thought about giving the Godfather a one-use "guess the role" gun to prevent claims, but that felt a bit sketchy for the Crier.

10. ISO #60

11. ISO #61

Well, I thought about giving the Godfather a one-use "guess the role" gun to prevent claims, but that felt a bit sketchy for the Crier.
    Thoughts about this + removing one PR? It may not be optimal, but it should be better than straight up defeat for scum.

Also, do not forget to make lynch mandatory (skips are not allowed). That's very important to avoid skip-skip-skip strategies.
    Last edited by Marshmallow Marshall; June 5th, 2021 at 01:19 PM.

12. ISO #62

Thoughts about this + removing one PR? It may not be optimal, but it should be better than straight up defeat for scum.

Also, do not forget to make lynch mandatory (skips are not allowed). That's very important to avoid skip-skip-skip strategies.
    How about: if nobody dies for 2 days/nights, the game ends and everyone loses?

13. ISO #63

I'm thinking of removing PRs (other than killing roles) entirely now. I would consider leaving the Crier in as a self-confirmable role, but that's about it.
    What do you think of replacing the support Town PRs with some roles that counteract the Blackmailer/Disguiser/Ventriloquist?

14. ISO #64

I'm thinking of removing PRs (other than killing roles) entirely now. I would consider leaving the Crier in as a self-confirmable role, but that's about it.
    What do you think of replacing the support Town PRs with some roles that counteract the Blackmailer/Disguiser/Ventriloquist?
    I would probably have to remove or revamp the Sleuth, as the ability would become near-useless. People don't use last wills that much if they're Citizens

15. ISO #65

16. ISO #66

How about: if nobody dies for 2 days/nights, the game ends and everyone loses?
    I guess it could work. But on a personal taste level, I'm not a fan of giving town the ability to decide nobody wins because they're in a bad position. If you want to allow skips, you could limit them to one per game instead.
    That still leaves many people that scum have to kill or CC without having a factional kill, though. The issue would remain. What do you intend to solve with this change? And as you said, it'd be a quite significant nerf for the Sleuth.

17. ISO #67

I guess it could work. But on a personal taste level, I'm not a fan of giving town the ability to decide nobody wins because they're in a bad position. If you want to allow skips, you could limit them to one per game instead.

That still leaves many people that scum have to kill or CC without having a factional kill, though. The issue would remain. What do you intend to solve with this change? And as you said, it'd be a quite significant nerf for the Sleuth.
    I thought of giving every townie in the game (apart from the Town Killing) a TPR rolecard regardless of if they actually aren’t the PR.

18. ISO #68

I thought of giving every townie in the game (apart from the Town Killing) a TPR rolecard regardless of if they actually aren’t the PR.
    That's almost bastard lol... Do you really hate the idea of reducing the amount of PRs and giving an anti-claim shot to the Mafia?

19. ISO #69