Day One
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Day One

1. ISO #1

Lightbulb Day One

Some people say D1 is useless. Sometimes it really kills town's chances because noone gets active enough before it's too late. What are your thoughts about it? @OzyWho that'll keep the signup thread clean :P
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: Day One

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    I want Day1 to start on Tuesday so Day2 starts on a Friday. Simple
    Gry wanted Day1 to start on a Friday. But that would mean Day2 would start on a Monday or Sunday. idk, math is hard.
    Actually, D2 start is unknown because it's 48h - X = D1 lenght. Lynch D1 is possible you know :P

But the goal of this thread is: why is the D1 that much considered as useless, when it's one of the best source of reads?
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Actually, D2 start is unknown because it's 48h - X = D1 lenght. Lynch D1 is possible you know :P

But the goal of this thread is: why is the D1 that much considered as useless, when it's one of the best source of reads?
    Nobody is calling it useless except Blink in some setups.
    This setup encourages Town to use Day1 to full extent which does mean that if Day1 starts on a Friday then Day2 would start on a Monday more than likely.
    Day2 is when everyone needs to be the most active. Tons of information going around + this setup slightly pushes town to not delay lynches if they can.

The question is NOT when you want Day1 to start. The question is when you want Day2 to start!
    Do you really want to sacrifice Day2 activity by putting it on a Monday for the sake of Day1 being on a Weekend?

I just don't see you valuing Day1 over Day2.

Again, nobody is calling Day1 useless, except Blink. But I don't think you can deny that Day2 is simply MORE important.

5. ISO #5
    Ganelon

I think every day is important; personally, as scum, I fear D1 more than any other day in the game - I feel there's a much higher likelihood of exposing oneself as scum on D1 than on other Days, at least in the mod.

6. ISO #6
    Ganelon

Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    I think every day is important; personally, as scum, I fear D1 more than any other day in the game - I feel there's a much higher likelihood of exposing oneself as scum on D1 than on other Days, at least in the mod.
    Remember, we scum read Fielzanks on D1, and we kind of left him alone after that.

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    ^^ scums can't coordinate before N1, making D1 the most important day in setups without a day chat. Of course, it's not the case with setups like Fableblood Tavern. But with Sprits, it is the case. With Lady GaGa, it is the case. In most setups, D1 MUUUUUST be used at maximum. When you do that, it often leads to a clusterfuck near EoD and after, then you can analyze it on D2/D3 and solve the game easily. Look at what I did on Black Flag Nightless with Distorted, or what Distorted did in The Smiths.

8. ISO #8

^^ scums can't coordinate before N1, making D1 the most important day in setups without a day chat. Of course, it's not the case with setups like Fableblood Tavern. But with Sprits, it is the case. With Lady GaGa, it is the case. In most setups, D1 MUUUUUST be used at maximum. When you do that, it often leads to a clusterfuck near EoD and after, then you can analyze it on D2/D3 and solve the game easily. Look at what I did on Black Flag Nightless with Distorted, or what Distorted did in The Smiths.
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...-FM-Spirits-II Can you quote the part that says evils won't have day chat in Spirits II?

Also, why wouldn't Lady GaGa have a day chat if the chat is Discord and Discord is 24/7?

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

D1 may be useful for scum finding. I think it's an important part of SC2 Mafia and SC2MF.
    You may say "Hi" at it, you may misslynch and find scum by it, you may guess the scum.

Lady GaGa setup really punishes for delaying the lynches for town.
    Black Flag Nightless setup also reques lynching, or host will kill random guy.

D1 in these setups is important.
    Also, if you have a cult save, pls make D1 lynch allowed.

It's important in my opinion.
    [SIGPIC]Why you hold cursor on my signature picture?[/SIGPIC] A very annoying SC2Mafia player.

11. ISO #11

https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...-FM-Spirits-II Can you quote the part that says evils won't have day chat in Spirits II?

Also, why wouldn't Lady GaGa have a day chat if the chat is Discord and Discord is 24/7?
    I meant Gaga setup needed D1 coordination to find behaviors early. There IS a perma chat for gaga and fan.

There's no part saying there is no day chat (nor one with night chat, which makes me wonder if there is any kind of chat). However, day chat is very unusual on setups with a legit Mafia team with standard roles. It'd be op lol. The Discord remains open: you just don't post because else the host will beat your head with a shovel.

12. ISO #12

https://youtu.be/Jk6jVl1fAn0

This is literally all of u nerds
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    President Fielzanks walks up to his stage, preparing his n1 speech. In front of him, his two cronies MM and David stood. In front of him, his immaculately written n1 speech was prepared. 'Gentleman, what is the soul of capitalism?', he asked his small audience. 'Money?', MM guessed. 'Waifus?', David asked. 'No' Fielz replied, disappointed in his trash scumteam .
    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Naz would never forget the Chik-Fil-A Sauce

13. ISO #13

Nobody is calling it useless except Blink in some setups.
    This setup encourages Town to use Day1 to full extent which does mean that if Day1 starts on a Friday then Day2 would start on a Monday more than likely.
    Day2 is when everyone needs to be the most active. Tons of information going around + this setup slightly pushes town to not delay lynches if they can.

The question is NOT when you want Day1 to start. The question is when you want Day2 to start!
    Do you really want to sacrifice Day2 activity by putting it on a Monday for the sake of Day1 being on a Weekend?

I just don't see you valuing Day1 over Day2.

Again, nobody is calling Day1 useless, except Blink. But I don't think you can deny that Day2 is simply MORE important.
    Its not useless in normal saves but imo in that GaGa save with 1 evil day 1 imo completley random

14. ISO #14
    Ganelon

Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Its not useless in normal saves but imo in that GaGa save with 1 evil day 1 imo completley random
    Fielzanks outed himself day 1, and it's generally very difficult not to slip on the first day, at least in my experience

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

[color=”#6AAE77”]I love the fact that I can see "Members who have read this thread" on this Archon account.
    I always thought that only the creator of the thread can see that. Turns out this account has special features!
    I would trade that feature away for being able to edit my posts any time though. [/color]

17. ISO #17

Quote Originally Posted by The Ultimate Despair View Post
    [color=”#6AAE77”]I love the fact that I can see "Members who have read this thread" on this Archon account.
    I always thought that only the creator of the thread can see that. Turns out this account has special features!
    I would trade that feature away for being able to edit my posts any time though. [/color]
    @SuperJack , LOL. Did you disable the option to make colored texts for this archon account?

18. ISO #18

ozy you silly silly boy, you put quptes in your color thing..silly silly boy

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

ozy you silly silly boy, you put quptes in your color thing..silly silly boy
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/42164-S-FM-Spirits-II/page2 even your past colored messages are no longer colored. And the quotes were needed, i remember that.

21. ISO #21

A two headed shitposter?? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Also congrats @Danil for your MVP =)

22. ISO #22

wut? I literally JUST showcase this color code thingy (no caps lock and with quote symbols) in the S-FM game and it worked. Why didn't this work like half hour ago in this thread?
    WTF IS GOING ON??

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24

25. ISO #25

Quote Originally Posted by Arsonist View Post
    He just put quotes in code.
    Wtf, just use the buttonns, why not?
    1. I never noticed there is a button LOL
    2. I remember when I first tried manually - I remember quotes being required for some reason. But anyway - on my non-archon account it works even with quotes, while on this account it only works in S-FM game thread but not anywhere else

26. ISO #26

2. I remember when I first tried manually - I remember quotes being required for some reason. But anyway - on my non-archon account it works even with quotes, while on this account it only works in S-FM game thread but not anywhere else
    You can also click "Go Advanced" button.
    [SIGPIC]Why you hold cursor on my signature picture?[/SIGPIC] A very annoying SC2Mafia player.

27. ISO #27

A two headed shitposter?? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Also congrats @Danil for your MVP =)
    Thank you Marshmallow Marshall.

As for your question... Day 1 is very important to the game play. It turns me off when the game skips day 1.

Firstly, Jailor probably missed his best chance to jail someone for a role

Secondly, those who are killed Night 1 wouldn't even have a chance to play the game. It's equivalent to dropping before game starts.

Lastly, the most important point - It is dice rolling on who will remain alive on Day 2. It defeats the meaning of Mafia, where the game requires players to think about what they said, rather than choosing the targets based on the names.

28. ISO #28

Quote Originally Posted by Danil View Post
    Thank you Marshmallow Marshall.

As for your question... Day 1 is very important to the game play. It turns me off when the game skips day 1.

Firstly, Jailor probably missed his best chance to jail someone for a role

Secondly, those who are killed Night 1 wouldn't even have a chance to play the game. It's equivalent to dropping before game starts.

Lastly, the most important point - It is dice rolling on who will remain alive on Day 2. It defeats the meaning of Mafia, where the game requires players to think about what they said, rather than choosing the targets based on the names.
    Hm! Did you ever think about playing Forum Mafia? WE NEED PEOPLE LIKE YOU!!!

You're right on this, but some special setups could require to skip D1 for idk which reason... it's an overused setting on the mod IMO. However, this was posted on the Forum Mafia Discussion section, so I was talking about Forum Mafia D1. It's quite different: on the mod, you just try to get gut feelings, to plan night actions by influencing weak minds and impulsives, etc.
    In FM, you can actually start reading people as soon as the game starts. You can random vote as start of day because you don't fear people are going to instant hammer (put final vote on someone, there is no trial in FM). Makes games really interesting. If you are interested in getting into the FM games, you may type "/sign" at the next signups page there will be. And you should read Helz's guide, called Communication or something like that. Very interesting, you can also use that IRL to formulate better arguments against people (I swear playing FM improved my ability to make arguments in texts).

29. ISO #29

Well, Archons don't need some features (like edit) because it's useless/prohibited for FM.

30. ISO #30

31. ISO #31

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    Without day 1, I probably would never see day 2
    Well, you don't even see D1 because you never sign up for any games now

32. ISO #32

I have only one experience about D1 in FM so I will talk about this one.
    That D1 almost made me leaved the game ! I totaly prefer D2 or D3 in this game.
    D1 was time consuming, painfull to read and I felt like I HAD to read it...omg...what a waste of time.

I won't say yet more about it since the game is still ongoing and I don't want to say something by mistake.

33. ISO #33

Quote Originally Posted by Lenneth View Post
    D1 was time consuming, painfull to read and I felt like I HAD to read it...omg...what a waste of time.

I won't say yet more about it since the game is still ongoing and I don't want to say something by mistake.
    D1 is very chaotic with active players and as others said, D1 is the easiest time to find a scumslip
    "I don't take advice from people less successful than me"
    ~Kanye West

34. ISO #34

Quote Originally Posted by Lenneth View Post

D1 is a great chanice to jail. Also, in FMs mafia tries to manipulate town D1, so it's a great chanice to find a scum.