Veterans that acts evil and trolly
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Veterans that acts evil and trolly

There are a lot of those. They act evil, they give false leads, they don't confirm certain jails. All for the sake of having some giggles at killing some townies that visits them, because, they might as well be evil.

Are those punishable?
    I have no use for these bloodless minnows. Bring me a prey that will sate my bloodlust. I hunger.

2. ISO #2

Re: Veterans that acts evil and trolly

Quote Originally Posted by MrMostache View Post
    There are a lot of those. They act evil, they give false leads, they don't confirm certain jails. All for the sake of having some giggles at killing some townies that visits them, because, they might as well be evil.

Are those punishable?
    Not imo. This is usually done in attempt to catch scums. Making the Godfather hate you can make him rage attack you, and then you are free to kill him. It is not gamethrowing, nor griefing. This is a case of "strategic trolling".

3. ISO #3

Except the situation I described does not match the situation you are describing. The veteran is not aggroing evils, he is aggroing townies. If a mason leader claims in trial, and the veteran counter claims "He is not mason leader, I am mason leader", then the Godfather has no reason to kill someone who might as well be jester.
    I have no use for these bloodless minnows. Bring me a prey that will sate my bloodlust. I hunger.

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

Except the situation I described does not match the situation you are describing. The veteran is not aggroing evils, he is aggroing townies. If a mason leader claims in trial, and the veteran counter claims "He is not mason leader, I am mason leader", then the Godfather has no reason to kill someone who might as well be jester.
    Yeah these people piss me off. Spoiling the game for some cheap humour, honestly.

Recently I was in a game with this guy who just straight up quit when I (Jailor) revealed him as Veteran while I was on trial. Guess I spoiled his chances of getting some shits and giggles from killing his own teammates.

Your friendly neighbourhood Asian.

8. ISO #8

What about the situations I described?
    You said: "Because, they might as well be evil." In other words, they are trying to kill scums... even if their strategy is really bad. You can't punish someone for being bad at a game, can you?

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    You said: "Because, they might as well be evil." In other words, they are trying to kill scums... even if their strategy is really bad. You can't punish someone for being bad at a game, can you?
    However, in most situations, it is a clear gamethrowing. The only goal is fun, and it doesn't matter to lose. Griefing/gamethrowing like this is common. But the situation you described is not gamethrowing.

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

From my experience, Veteran is very boring to play if no one visits your home at the same time as you are alerting. There is a term called "vet baiting", which was created by one of my friends. It means you are either spamming, or saying complete nonsense on day one to aggro the other players to come visit you. Here is a list of pros and cons that I have seen from using this strategy.

Pros:
    1. Killing Evils(Especially the Mass Murderer Who Wants to Use the Chainsaw)
    2. Pleasure of Killing People
    3. Confirming Your Role
    4. A Chance of Getting the "Just Like 'Nam, or "Mr. Popular" Achievement

Cons:
    1. Getting Jailed
    2. Killing Friendlies
    3. Town Members Being Witched into You
    4. People Think You Are a Jester and Ignores You

Even though this strategy can completely backfire, at least I get the enjoyment of the game.

12. ISO #12

However, in most situations, it is a clear gamethrowing. The only goal is fun, and it doesn't matter to lose. Griefing/gamethrowing like this is common. But the situation you described is not gamethrowing.
    ^ this.

It's one thing for a player to be bad and trying their best, and another for a player to troll for shits and giggles.
    Last edited by Exeter350; September 5th, 2017 at 01:34 PM.

Your friendly neighbourhood Asian.

13. ISO #13

When I said "they might be evil", I'm referring to the veteran appearing evil to the majority of town. and hence has to visit the veteran, because he as far as they have seen, is either jester or evil. No scum would visit such person.

Trust me, it's easy to tell the difference between a troll and a dumb person.

14. ISO #14

When I said "they might be evil", I'm referring to the veteran appearing evil to the majority of town. and hence has to visit the veteran, because he as far as they have seen, is either jester or evil. No scum would visit such person.

Trust me, it's easy to tell the difference between a troll and a dumb person.
    Not always... When a godfather actually thinks he target 1, but that he targeted 12, and then he dies to veteran, you can wonder if it's not gamethrowing, since he said "fuck the veteran". In the game I am describing, the veteran did the "vet bait". And it payed off.

Veterans with colored name and annoying speech are more likely to be targeted by killers.

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

Quote Originally Posted by Sanji168 View Post
    My dear dude, this is a very legitimate strategy, didnt you know.
    Since when game-throwing is a legitimate strategy? Because MrMostache is talking about the game-throwing cases. So of course, game-throwing is bannable. This question answers itself.

17. ISO #17

Yesterday I rage quit from a Mafia game, for the first time, as an indirect result of this type of scenario. The Veteran claimed Survivor. That's clear Town-bait.. what evil role is going to go to that? The next night, 2 Town die by visiting him. After I call out this player on this bad and stupid play, he leads the town to lynch me for the sole reason that I called him out on that play.

I'm on board with each situation being different in terms of rule breaking.. I did regret rage-quitting immediately because I wanted to see if this impacted the town significantly enough to bother with a report.