Afkers/modkills.replacements OH MY
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Afkers/modkills.replacements OH MY

Point is moot, as I am no longer joining FM games after my current game wraps up. Due to personal reasons.
    Last edited by PowersThatBe; April 14th, 2017 at 05:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by PowersThatBe View Post
    Shut up cow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    Did you just fucking call him a cow?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16
    No, he played as well as he could. He had you right in the palm of his fucking hand all game and you STILL don’t get that. He played you like a fucking fiddle, and it was so obvious and it pains me that nobody else saw it.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Re: Afkers/modkills.replacements OH MY

What are you asking, which two games were the last ones played?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by Trine View Post
    I know we're not exactly swimming in bodies RN.

However, can we do something about people who constantly join games and then have to be mod killed or replaced for inactivity? I think they shouldn't be allowed to join the next S-fm/fm/m-fm w.e or next two or whatever. Or they can only join as reserves.

My last two games I think had people who were just literally not around for the longest time and the mod kills/replacements were inconsistent. I think it screws with the host as much as it screws with us the players.

IDK. What does everyone thing.

INB4 no responses.

Also should apply to griefers and game throwers obvi
    This isn't a surprise.

For what it's worth, over a hundred active mafia communities employ a variation of a minimum activity requirement.

For example;

Make fifteen posts daily by [1 hour before end of day]. A player who makes 2-14 posts by [1 hour before end of day]:
    --loses his or her night action, if any, and
    --is placed on probation for the following day only.
    A player who makes fewer than two posts by [1 hour before end of day] or who, while on probation, makes fewer than thirty posts by [1 hour before end of day]:
    --is muted,
    --may still be lynched,
    --may not vote in that day’s lynch, and
    --unless lynched, is disqualified from the game; the player is
    ----replaced by a sub if one is available before the deadline for night action or
    ----modkilled if not.

7. ISO #7

The main issue regarding making a particular rule about activity is the ambiguity surrounding what classes as suitable activity and what does not. If someone only makes 10 posts in a day but they're 10 dense, 6-9 line posts that give focused, game-related thoughts then it would be ridiculous to say the guy's inactive.

If someone else makes 30 shitposts and tries to lurk whenever someone asks them a question (and avoids contributing unless aggressively pushed) then there's clearly a problem. If you create a rule like "make 15 posts", there will be some people who shamelessly make 15 "=)" posts near EOD then fuck off XD.

We should take advantage of the fact we're a small community and encourage hosts to ban people from games on a case-by-case basis, with moderators overlooking the host to ensure there's no abuse / vendettas at work. We don't need some kind of rigorous rule system.

Anyway, I agree hosts should be more willing to openly blacklist certain players, or certain player combinations, if they think it will diminish the experience. It would certainly cause drama, but it'd benefit us in the long-term.

One good idea would be to have a separate (but equal) SFM queue that consistently runs only 9/10 people in mostly-vanilla setups. It would have an official, consistent blacklist that bans anyone who's caused drama in the last 3 months, where drama is determined by partaking in a big-ass argument, gamethrowing, or lurking (whether intentionally or unintentionally). Players would need to have played at least 3/4 games before signing up to this queue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

8. ISO #8

One good idea would be to have a separate (but equal) SFM queue that consistently runs only 9/10 people in mostly-vanilla setups. It would have an official, consistent blacklist that bans anyone who's caused drama in the last 3 months, where drama is determined by partaking in a big-ass argument, gamethrowing, or lurking (whether intentionally or unintentionally). Players would need to have played at least 3/4 games before signing up to this queue.
    This may encourage some people to play FM again. I personally love vanilla setups.

9. ISO #9

The main issue regarding making a particular rule about activity is the ambiguity surrounding what classes as suitable activity and what does not. If someone only makes 10 posts in a day but they're 10 dense, 6-9 line posts that give focused, game-related thoughts then it would be ridiculous to say the guy's inactive.

If someone else makes 30 shitposts and tries to lurk whenever someone asks them a question (and avoids contributing unless aggressively pushed) then there's clearly a problem. If you create a rule like "make 15 posts", there will be some people who shamelessly make 15 "=)" posts near EOD then fuck off XD.

We should take advantage of the fact we're a small community and encourage hosts to ban people from games on a case-by-case basis, with moderators overlooking the host to ensure there's no abuse / vendettas at work. We don't need some kind of rigorous rule system.

Anyway, I agree hosts should be more willing to openly blacklist certain players, or certain player combinations, if they think it will diminish the experience. It would certainly cause drama, but it'd benefit us in the long-term.

So there's thing called the spirit of the game or something.

Basically if you are intentional bending the rules but not breaking them, it's breaking them.

It's similar to angle shooting in terms of bad.

I've been in games where players have tried to intentionally make 15 posts "1" "2" "3" etc. their posts didn't count.

I've also been in games where players spent 15 posts saying "hi" "yeah" "no" "brb" "I'll have more time later" "sorry guys" etc. their posts didn't count either because they weren't game related.

So just common sense stuff.

As for punishing AFKers, Griefera, etc.

Make the punishment logical.

Make them pay for their shit to prove they want to stay.

Like - if they AFK, and they want to get off of the blacklist ASAP, have them put in time for the site doing reports or something.

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    So there's thing called the spirit of the game or something.

Basically if you are intentional bending the rules but not breaking them, it's breaking them.

It's similar to angle shooting in terms of bad.

I've been in games where players have tried to intentionally make 15 posts "1" "2" "3" etc. their posts didn't count.

I've also been in games where players spent 15 posts saying "hi" "yeah" "no" "brb" "I'll have more time later" "sorry guys" etc. their posts didn't count either because they weren't game related.

So just common sense stuff.

As for punishing AFKers, Griefera, etc.

Make the punishment logical.

Make them pay for their shit to prove they want to stay.

Like - if they AFK, and they want to get off of the blacklist ASAP, have them put in time for the site doing reports or something.
    For some reason I got the impression your initial post was referring to hardline rules rather than guidelines. Anyway, I agree with a "spirit of the rules" approach lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

12. ISO #12

I'd blacklist Ika, Silverwolf, myself, and at least 2 of the other slaols

13. ISO #13

Point is moot, as I am no longer joining FM games after my current game wraps up. Due to personal reasons.
    Last edited by PowersThatBe; April 14th, 2017 at 05:24 PM.
    Shut up cow.
    No, he played as well as he could. He had you right in the palm of his fucking hand all game and you STILL don’t get that. He played you like a fucking fiddle, and it was so obvious and it pains me that nobody else saw it.

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

Which witch and April fools (which idk how serious people took it but still. It's still on going so I can elaborate further when it finishes)
    I don't think you can count the April fools game as most people didn't even know they were signing up to play an actual forum mafia game lol
    I love oops

Spoiler : :

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▒▁▁▁▁▁▒▒░░░▒░░░░░░▒░░░░░▒░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░▁▐█▁▐░▒▒▁▐█▁░░░
    ▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▌░░░░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▀▀░░░░▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄██▓▓▌▀░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▄▒░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▄▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

As there is probably more stuf wanting to be discussed, try to limit discussion about this game as much as possible as it is on going still.

That being said, don't sign for something you won't have time for. Only two people get exceptions for that rule because I went crazy getting people to sign.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

21. ISO #21

Shut up cow.

22. ISO #22

Shut up cow.

23. ISO #23

PTB, I'm not going to modkill someone who made four posts before my "make 5 posts" announcement if day ends early preventing them from hitting the post requirement. When I said I was enforcing 5 posts, I was expecting the day to go no-lynch. There's no point in being a stickler to the rules if the rules would hurt the game. (by removing a player who was still intent on playing) To be frank, I told everyone what my rules of thumb for replacement were because you were trying to increase town's killing power by getting people modkilled. Letting people get modkilled because players tried to end day sooner is letting players abuse the rules.

You raise a fair point, which I've also brought up, that hosts should have more well-defined rules for replacements/modkills. However, I still 100% stand behind my decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    What. You got me. Stop unvoting and stretch my neck, dammit.

24. ISO #24

Shut up cow.

25. ISO #25

Shut up cow.

26. ISO #26

Shut up cow.

27. ISO #27

And what about the point about super jack// slaol you said you would replace people if they didn't post. You let him get away with not posting from the 4th to the 13th.
    tbh I got the Slaols mixed up when doing activity checks and thought he was one of the dead ones, kek.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    What. You got me. Stop unvoting and stretch my neck, dammit.

28. ISO #28

Last edited by PowersThatBe; April 14th, 2017 at 05:25 PM.
    Shut up cow.

29. ISO #29