Why I hate Coroner
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Why I hate Coroner

First off, when you claim coroner I only ever see these three reactions:
    1. You are immediately accused of being janitor (regardless if you were already accused or not, or if there is even evidence of a janitor)
    2. If you were already accused, they lynch you anyway because "coroner is useless and it's no big loss"
    3. If you try to accuse someone with night evidence, you are called a "creative executioner" or ignored.

Second, apparently there is a myth floating around that coroner never appears in games unless there is a janitor. I've rolled coroner too many times without a janitor to even believe this, but a lot of pubs I've seen do believe it. So generally claiming coroner around these types gets me lynched for above reasons.
    Coroner is a useful role in certain setups, but it is entirely underestimated and ignored by most players. Also I've rolled 8 coroners in a row now.

2. ISO #2

Re: Why I hate Coroner

I believe coroner isn't randomed without a janitor if the option to see all of your target's night actions is disabled.

It's still a good role without a janitor/disguiser in the hands of a good player, though it requires a bit of luck and reliance on circumstance. Such as dead cultists, witches and non-killing mafia members.

You're right about it that the role is very underappreciated because a lot of people just don't understand what coroner information can be used for, but there's little more fun than proving your value with a role like that. Therefore I welcome games in which I get to play such a role.

3. ISO #3

Re: Why I hate Coroner

Anyone that knows me would have automatically assumed the Consort/Janitor combo were hidden roles in my M-FMI setup, a great part of the game
    Spoiler : Previous FM roles :
    FM - VI: Commoner | VII: (Lionel) Gunner, Shinra Inc. | VIII: Investigator | X: (HerrZynisch) Black Wizard | (Graves) Citizen | XII: (Ser Jorah) Armoursmith | XIII: Host (Roxy)!
    M-FM- I: Host | II: Framer | III: Host | IV: Exe | V: Devil Dog | VI: Exe | VIII: DD
    S-FM - I: Jailor | II: Vigilante | V: Sheriff | CI: Paranoid Cop | Torment: Citizen

4. ISO #4