Doctor to prevent silencer / blackmailer option
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: Doctor to prevent silencer / blackmailer option

Quote Originally Posted by Lysergic View Post
    Eh; from an "RP" perspective it doesn't make much sense. Why would a doctor be able to prevent someone from blackmailing you?

I would actually LOVE this as a night ability for Crier or Spy, though.
    if a doctor can heal you after being shot / stabbed you dont think doctor could be able to take away the tape on his mouth?
    I WILL NOT POST ADVERTISEMENTS IN MY SIGNATURE.

4. ISO #4

Blackmailer is supposed to be able to silence a confirmed Investigative that will be protected by Doctors. Otherwise, it loses a big chunk of it's strength.

Also, how is blackmailing = tape on mouth lol

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

all im saying is, Doctor visits you to threat you. and a blackmailer has to visit you in order to silence you.

Blackmailing irl is were you threaten someone to make them silent, doesn't really work that well with an online game? and in this game the most senseable thing would be them visiting you.

in any case sheriff / spy is probably the best way to encounter a blackmailer / silencer as he is approaching your house to threaten you.

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

Yeah the reasoning for Spy/Crier is that Spy could "learn" the secret and counter blackmail you, and Crier could overhear the secret and "shout" it rendering the blackmail ineffective.
    the guy who got blackmailed could do all that.

11. ISO #11

This isn't really needed because afaik there are only two uses for a blackmailer.

1) blackmail a confirmed town government (risks lookout on mayor)
    2) fake blackmail to look towny (risks spy seeing no visit)

In a competent game, there is no value blackmailing a confirmed town investigative because they spam cancel votes and then hold their vote on their red check. If you have even one good town player they will say "vote me if blackmailed", followed by "hold your vote on someone if they are mafia".

It is a good role, but I don't think doctors would really care about preventing blackmail as the only role they would ever prevent blackmail on they cant heal in the night anyway lol.

12. ISO #12

Quote Originally Posted by PLZLEAVEDUCKK View Post
    This isn't really needed because afaik there are only two uses for a blackmailer.

1) blackmail a confirmed town government (risks lookout on mayor)
    2) fake blackmail to look towny (risks spy seeing no visit)

In a competent game, there is no value blackmailing a confirmed town investigative because they spam cancel votes and then hold their vote on their red check. If you have even one good town player they will say "vote me if blackmailed", followed by "hold your vote on someone if they are mafia".

It is a good role, but I don't think doctors would really care about preventing blackmail as the only role they would ever prevent blackmail on they cant heal in the night anyway lol.
    Unless I'm mistaken, that was fixed. Blackmailed people no longer display public votes.

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

Unless I'm mistaken, that was fixed. Blackmailed people no longer display public votes.
    The idea of them not being able to show a vote would make blackmailer much stronger.

I think the fix makes it a "ghost vote" You don't see the blackmailed person as voting, but the person they voted for moves up and down in votes, so the same thing can be applied as I said before, but it requires a little more understanding and is slightly harder to convey what is going on to town.

I guess that explains why there are ghost votes now.

16. ISO #16

Quote Originally Posted by PLZLEAVEDUCKK View Post
    The idea of them not being able to show a vote would make blackmailer much stronger.

I think the fix makes it a "ghost vote" You don't see the blackmailed person as voting, but the person they voted for moves up and down in votes, so the same thing can be applied as I said before, but it requires a little more understanding and is slightly harder to convey what is going on to town.

I guess that explains why there are ghost votes now.
    Yeah, this is the case. It no longer spams the vote announcement, but the vote tally still updates (since the vote is still counted). It's very easy to miss the vote counter fluctuating, especially when other people are voting and unvoting (and it's even harder to tell WHO is spamming the vote).

17. ISO #17

Yeah, this is the case. It no longer spams the vote announcement, but the vote tally still updates (since the vote is still counted). It's very easy to miss the vote counter fluctuating, especially when other people are voting and unvoting (and it's even harder to tell WHO is spamming the vote).
    it displays votes and it displays who's voting when you're silenced.
    Unless there is an option for silencer / blackmailer in the save setup.

edit, or if there's a difference between silencer and blackmailer were blackmailer is more powerfull.
    that might be the case, i think i recall something like that. and i do remember the update were you could not see silenced peoples vote but that got terminated and is now back to normal. atleast unless its only for blackmailer now.
    Last edited by MasterNinja; November 8th, 2016 at 07:08 PM.

18. ISO #18

I think both forms still exist. Sometimes blackmailed players can still vote and have their votes show up in the chat window. But sometimes it's a silent vote where only the numbers change but no message shows up.

I've never looked too deep into the matter though. Maybe if you're the one being blackmailed, you still see your own votes as per normal but other people don't? Or maybe the "blackmailed" people whose votes we can see are just faking it lol, I don't go through replays to see if they were actually blackmailed.

Your friendly neighbourhood Asian.

19. ISO #19