Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #51

2. ISO #52

3. ISO #53

4. ISO #54

Re: Prime Universe D1 Continued

What is Badass doing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

5. ISO #55

6. ISO #56

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Wildcard View Post
    I think I'd like to vote deathworlds or Badass today, to be upfront about it.
    What are people's opinions on them?
    I'm down, which one would you pick ?
    [23:19:33] DarknessB: Sino is Mass Murderer -- I don't care if there isn't one in the setup!
    [23:19:39] DarknessB:
    -vote Sino

7. ISO #57

All Badass did was make a comment and claim he "deleted half of it" the made if very clear that he read my question because he responded to a later post saying "lurking is not AI".

Defending his lurking play>explaining weird posts/answering questions.
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

8. ISO #58

That made it very clear* oops.

9. ISO #59

10. ISO #60

11. ISO #61

We have 34 hours before we even know if our universe will get a lynch off. Not In a huge rush.

12. ISO #62

13. ISO #63

Sino what's your case on deathworlds?

14. ISO #64

Quote Originally Posted by Sino View Post
    I don't follow that logic, how would hard claim town force out scum ?

Your first post in the game is shown as 171 in the original thread, i guess that's the one you're referring to ?
    It's a technical play as I understand it.

I don't want to fully explain this yet as it risks a WIFOM merry-go-round.

15. ISO #65

16. ISO #66

Hard to say. When I look back @ Badass' posts in the pre-day, it's hard to get a read off him. He does include a post that attacks someone for saying RVS is scummy, which could be taken either way. And honestly, anyone can have that opinion regardless of their alignment, as it only depends on their view of Mafia as a whole game. He never comes back to the pre-day after those few posts to follow up, so didn't get a read from him.

Then, in our Universe, Badass has an extremely nonchalant attitude towards the game. Posts unfinished posts, doesn't come back to clarify. Really seems not to give a shit to follow up with stuff that he is saying. I can't really see Mafia caring that little when you know their teammates have a 24/7 chat going on. Someone is going to be on their ass about that kind of stuff.

deathworlds, on the other hand, did post quite a bit during the first day. He offered a lot of posts regarding the setup, but never really posted anything about the ongoing game. Which is strange, since he specifically said that we would have to make the most out of the pre-game. I find the action of talking about setup and not the game to be a scum-tell, as it is an attempt to seem helpful without offering anything to the game that can't be learned by any other player, by themselves. His last post of the day also does read strange to me; he kind of calls me out for not wanting the person who is pressuring me in the same Universe as me, but then agrees that he also wouldn't want that regardless of alignment. Seems strange to me that I am on his ass whenever I posted in the pre-game, and he decides to agree with me instead of make me look scummy for it. I could see deathworlds possibly being William Bell, but I don't have too much of a read on him.

To be honest, typing all that up is making me second guess my voting on those two. I mean, I'd probably choose deathworlds over badass, but maybe I should be looking elsewhere entirely.

17. ISO #67

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Town View Post
    It's a technical play as I understand it.

I don't want to fully explain this yet as it risks a WIFOM merry-go-round.
    Ok, but i don't consider saying "Hi, I'm town" being a hard claim town, especially when it also happens to be your name.
    [23:19:33] DarknessB: Sino is Mass Murderer -- I don't care if there isn't one in the setup!
    -vote Sino

18. ISO #68

I feel exactly the same way as Wildcard about this, our biggest enemy is inactivity, so Badass, what did you mean earlier here :

And what do you think about the Unknwown/Wildcard interaction before the split ?
    I don't remember, it was a weird explanation about you and unknown were compensated by Kirigiri being on the other side or something like that. I just wanted to say something.

Honestly, I had to read 10 pages and that conv was just too tedious and just read through it.

19. ISO #69

We also should realize that this is one of the few games where RVS actually works (unless you're playing a game with noob scum).
    Mafia in this game can communicate with the other Universe, so they will likely be trying to organize votes to avoid a lynch on a teammate in another Universe.
    ie, let's say we have 4 votes on a Mafia. In the other Universe, the Mafia will likely be trying to pile votes on a non-Mafia to force their lynch over the Mafia members.

Although we can't really know that is going on, we should look for suspicious voting that doesn't really make sense, as it will speak volumes in this game. Reluctance to vote, avoiding adding another vote on a player, ect.

Also, if you end up changing Universes, make sure you tell them the votes on players and what is going on in the other Universe. This will be invaluable information. Also, tell them to bring that type of Information back with them if they change over to ours. It will definitely provide a lot of extra information.

20. ISO #70

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Badass View Post
    I don't remember, it was a weird explanation about you and unknown were compensated by Kirigiri being on the other side or something like that. I just wanted to say something.

Honestly, I had to read 10 pages and that conv was just too tedious and just read through it.
    What do you feel about the players in our universe. Kiri is no longer that relevant to us at this point in time.

21. ISO #71

22. ISO #72

23. ISO #73

24. ISO #74

Yeah, I feel strange like... is this like 2 separate games or so? Give me a moment to check the setup once more, please.
    I can give you a quick explanation.
    It is 1 setup split between 2 smaller games. There are roles that can jump between Universes (games) and roles that and move players between them.
    Out of both the games, whoever has the most votes gets lynched. Therefore, if we have 4 votes on a player, and the other game has 5 votes on a player, our lynch does not occur. Only 1 lynch can happen per day between both games.

25. ISO #75

That's definetely something you should read now that they're both in here.
    -vote Sino

26. ISO #76

27. ISO #77

Who is your prime lynch target today and why?
    I guess for now it would be town, just for gis talk about "hard claiming town" when everything he said was "hi, i'm town" am I the only one who doesn't see any claim in that post ? I don't get how you can see this as a hard claim, maybe a soft one, at best.

I also would have no problem lynching badass, he still didn't tell us anything about his thoughts on what's going on.

What about yours ?
    -vote Sino

28. ISO #78

29. ISO #79

Lol, didn't even know mafia have a 24/7 chat till now. I'm gonna read more.

30. ISO #80

I'm not sure if I understand, you want to lynch someone because they said they are Town? Is there no other reason?
    No, he said he hard claimed being town, do you see a hard claim in his post ? It's 171 in the previous topic
    -vote Sino

31. ISO #81

why didn't you explain this when you were asked the first time? Why didn't you explain it when you realized half of it was deleted?

32. ISO #82

No, he said he hard claimed being town, do you see a hard claim in his post ? It's 171 in the previous topic
    Technically that is hard claiming Town. Not hard claiming his role, but definitely saying exactly what you mean is a hard claim.

Soft claiming is subtly hinting (like saying "beep beep" a bunch of times as Bus Driver).

33. ISO #83

Technically that is hard claiming Town. Not hard claiming his role, but definitely saying exactly what you mean is a hard claim.

Soft claiming is subtly hinting (like saying "beep beep" a bunch of times as Bus Driver).
    I'd agree it would be the case if his name didn't happen to be "M-FM Town"
    -vote Sino

34. ISO #84

Sino is agreeing quite a lot right now. Not to mention this weird push, but he seems to actually have no argument and wants to follow the popular opinion.

35. ISO #85

I'd agree it would be the case if his name didn't happen to be "M-FM Town"
    Yes, obviously his claim means absolutely nothing and should be treated as if it's nothing. I just don't see how claiming Town is grounds to be lynched, especially to make it to the top of your lynch list solely for that reason.

36. ISO #86

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    Sino is agreeing quite a lot right now. Not to mention this weird push, but he seems to actually have no argument and wants to follow the popular opinion.
    I'm sorry, i didn't know the popular opinion was to lynch town....
    -vote Sino

37. ISO #87

I agree, I have been getting the same vibes for a while now. I'm going to go back and try to get more reads from him from pre-game, see if there is any substance in the posts or not. But I do agree that he's following popular opinion and trying to stay out of the line of sights of the active players in the chat.

I also feel that his explanation on Town was just created when I questioned him, as though he hasn't actually been considering scum hunting. For someone as active as him, I expected a post similar to my reads on deathworlds & Badass when I asked him who he wants to lynch. Almost seems like a cop out.

38. ISO #88

Yes, obviously his claim means absolutely nothing and should be treated as if it's nothing. I just don't see how claiming Town is grounds to be lynched, especially to make it to the top of your lynch list solely for that reason.
    To me, a hard claim can only be read in one way, it turns out you can read that as "i claim i am town" or "hi, my name is town"

I have no problem with the post in itself, i have a problem with the fact he called that a hardclaim.
    -vote Sino

39. ISO #89

Sino, what you are doing is essentially trying to force out a roleclaim. I don't know why you think what he said was scummy but it isn't helping town at all.

40. ISO #90

I'm sorry, i didn't know the popular opinion was to lynch town....
    You said clear as the sky that you were willing to lynch deathworlds, Badass, Quick, AND Town. (The only people being considered for lynches).

41. ISO #91

42. ISO #92

Sino, what you are doing is essentially trying to force out a roleclaim. I don't know why you think what he said was scummy but it isn't helping town at all.
    I'm just explaining why i don't consider his post a hard claim.

On the other hand Unknwown, what have you done since we're all here ? how am i following the popular opinion, when i'm more in a Town lynch vs a Badass lynch, all of this just feels like you were waiting for someone to get an easy push on and get away with it.

You never said who you're willing to lynch, despite Wildcard's question that was adressed to all of us.
    -vote Sino

43. ISO #93

You said clear as the sky that you were willing to lynch deathworlds, Badass, Quick, AND Town. (The only people being considered for lynches).
    When i was talking about lynching Quick and Town at first, it was because of their inactivity, now i'm on something else, please stay updated instead of coming up with such posts
    -vote Sino

44. ISO #94

I'm just explaining why i don't consider his post a hard claim.

On the other hand Unknwown, what have you done since we're all here ? how am i following the popular opinion, when i'm more in a Town lynch vs a Badass lynch, all of this just feels like you were waiting for someone to get an easy push on and get away with it.

You never said who you're willing to lynch, despite Wildcard's question that was adressed to all of us.
    Explain one good scum-read that you have.

If you want to try to throw the blame on me, I have yet to encourage a lynch on anyone other than Wildcard early on and now Badass. Also, last post makes no sense. If i wanted an easy lynch, I wouldn't have been arguing against deathworlds lynch, and now this argument with you.

I made it clear who I do and do not want lynched. You on the other hand, did NOT say you wouldn't lynch Town and Quick, clearly explaining that you would be okay lynching any of the easy/popular picks.

Where are your town-reads? How come you just did a double take when I started being suspicious of you?

45. ISO #95

How much experience do you have playing mafia? I'm trying to decide if you are a scummy newb or an awkward scum.

46. ISO #96

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Town View Post
    Lol.

What if we're all town in this Universe?

Hehe
    I think that would ruin the game entirely, considering we could not scum-hunt people at this point.

I hope Cruise is being lynched TBH, unless he is doing better than he did day 1.

47. ISO #97

Moogle, why are you on invisible?

48. ISO #98

I do have some troubles with Sino in pre-game actually.

[irl=https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/38195-M-FM-Fringe-Day-1?p=645356&viewfull=1#post645356]Post 70[/url]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sino
    As you said, it's allowed, so they might also not care that much about their plays this early
    I'm probably reading too much into this post, or reading it with bias, but I could definitely see this as giving scum excuses. It also throws shade on any Town that might be coming to early conclusion in the game. I don't really get a pro-town feeling from this post. Doesn't seem like it benefits Town at all, only hurts them. It gives me the feel of a pro-scum post, to be quite honest.

After this post, such as Post 98, Sino seems to post a lot regarding on how scum is going to act. I don't really see this to be beneficial for Town, but having it publicly known what people are looking for definitely can instruct Scum on how not to act. I read this as another pro-scum post.

In Post 113, Sino definitely shows a few more town points (in my eyes). He states his opinion about wanting to get rid of lurkers (not indicative of Town, but it helps), and how RVS does lead to discussion even if votes do not count as it leads to discussion. However, he kind of slides away from pro-Town as he never really engages in the RVS to encourage the discussion he is preaching.

Post 132, Sino gains some actual Town Cred from me, as he is actively pushing to force discussion, and get reads out. Post 142 reads along the same lines. However, I kind of see a double standard here, as I never see Sino's reads anywhere in the thread. If there is a read, it's usually a one liner, not much thought put into it.

Sino finally offers up reads in Post 169 :
    Quote Originally Posted by Sino
    I don't like Yes' behavior, Kool-Aid also seems fishy, he tells us he's not a native speaker and new to this site but has no problem insulting people at the beginning of the game.

We still have yet to hear about 5 players if i'm not mistaken : Town, Cruise Elroy, On Time, Quick and AnassRhamur, i would have liked to read something from them.
    Basically the same kind of reads we are getting in our thread, regarding his read on M-FM Town. He really offers no window into his train of thought. However, I do give him some town cred for taking the time to post the players who have not yet posted; I'm not entirely sure scum would read into the game that much for those names.

That is my overview on Sino in pre-game. It's not very good looking, but frankly I was reading those with bias. If he (or anyone else) wants to refute my opinion on a post, I would gladly like to read them.

49. ISO #99

I think that would ruin the game entirely, considering we could not scum-hunt people at this point.

I hope Cruise is being lynched TBH, unless he is doing better than he did day 1.
    It would also break it because Scum would basically have majority in the other universe and would collapse it so quickly lol

50. ISO #100