Register

User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. ISO #101

Re: M-FM Fringe Day 1

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Kool-Aid View Post
    By the way, I'm new!

Hi!

what does RVS mean? are there any other words acronyms i should know about?
    You can find everything you need right here : https://sc2mafia.wikia.com/wiki/Forum_Mafia_Terminology

I guess i'm allowed to post a wiki link during a game.
    [23:19:33] DarknessB: Sino is Mass Murderer -- I don't care if there isn't one in the setup!
    [23:19:39] DarknessB:
    -vote Sino

2. ISO #102

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Badass View Post
    Considering that you're considering RVS "scummy" I think we've a problem.
    lolwut

Quote Originally Posted by Sino View Post
    So if we can't lynch, we might aswell talk about the mechanics a bit more, people won't be randomly assigned to their universe, do you think the town/scum ratio will be the same in both universes ? (aka 2 ZTF per universe)

I think that's very likely, there's no reason for the host to give more chances to one town over the other.

It's gonna be convenient to never be online for the end of each day...
    Finally, a comment about the actual game. To answer your question, I expect that to start there will be a somewhat even distribution of town/scum between universes. Since many roles can only target within their assigned universe, it would be pretty game-breaking if those roles were not able to act properly because all of their good targets started out in the other universe.

Also, i'm more suspicious about Marksman for that random voting comment.
    Damn, just as I was getting my hopes up about you, you go and defend random voting.

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Moogle View Post
    Here's the first problem I have with Marksman, Kupo. Throwing a random vote down is not scummy at all, and not reading the setup is more town-like than scum because scum want to be prepared and are more likely to pay attention to the setup, Kupo. I disagree that scum reading for dumb reasons is town, Kupo. I feel it is more likely to be scum appearing to scum hunt and look productive, Kupo.

pedit: I've also caught scum in RVS before trying to be cautious and having an awkward entrance into the game so your point that they wouldn't be cautious in the beginning has no merit based on my experience, Kupo.
    1. Inserting "kupo" at the end of random sentences is not RP. 0/10 would not recommend
    2. Scum are no more likely to have read the setup than anyone else on this site. I've witnessed unprepared people on both sides many times, which is why I retracted my initial comment about him being scum.

Anyway, not sure why so many of you are all up in arms defending random voting. If this is indicative of how the rest of the game is going to go and all of you are just going to vote randomly because "omg random voting such town tell much wow", then I'll probably just try to get myself killed asap so I don't have to bother with the onerous task of explaining how dumb that is.

3. ISO #103

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Kool-Aid View Post
    by the way english is not my first language. so if theres some errors in communication.... let me know
    All of this is fishy, yes, if you're new, why didn't you use your main account ? There would be no difference anyways, this looks like a veteran player trying to fish for excuses already
    [23:19:33] DarknessB: Sino is Mass Murderer -- I don't care if there isn't one in the setup!
    -vote Sino

4. ISO #104

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Marksman View Post
    lolwut

Finally, a comment about the actual game. To answer your question, I expect that to start there will be a somewhat even distribution of town/scum between universes. Since many roles can only target within their assigned universe, it would be pretty game-breaking if those roles were not able to act properly because all of their good targets started out in the other universe.

Damn, just as I was getting my hopes up about you, you go and defend random voting.

1. Inserting "kupo" at the end of random sentences is not RP. 0/10 would not recommend
    2. Scum are no more likely to have read the setup than anyone else on this site. I've witnessed unprepared people on both sides many times, which is why I retracted my initial comment about him being scum.

Anyway, not sure why so many of you are all up in arms defending random voting. If this is indicative of how the rest of the game is going to go and all of you are just going to vote randomly because "omg random voting such town tell much wow", then I'll probably just try to get myself killed asap so I don't have to bother with the onerous task of explaining how dumb that is.
    It's called Random Voting Stage for a reason, you can't blame people for random voting to get the game started, especially is this one, when the votes only mean an intention.
    -vote Sino

5. ISO #105

6. ISO #106

7. ISO #107

Yeah, makes sense.

What's your opinion on whether scum would play carefully or not during the early game ?
    That's a rather general statement. I think scum will play with varied styles, but my answer to your question is mostly, yes they will.
    There's a group of people that would play less carefully in the early game then proceed to lurk to be careful in the later stages.
    There's a group of people that will never play carefully.
    There's a group of people that won't play.
    There's a group of people that will play carefully all the time. <- This group is the least common because of many reasons.

The most important thing I think to look for is what Moogle said. People who are being cautious and people whom you can see their caution.

8. ISO #108

9. ISO #109

It's called Random Voting Stage for a reason, you can't blame people for random voting to get the game started, especially is this one, when the votes only mean an intention.
    I disagree with the "random voting stage" as a concept. It's self-defeating. If there is no meaning behind the votes, then no meaningful discussion can be had about them. It's pointless. This stage is for discussing game mechanics, not voting randomly.

10. ISO #110

11. ISO #111

12. ISO #112

13. ISO #113

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Zealot View Post
    If we could vote now I would recommend PLing Marksman. If you don't want to play because of your arrogant attitude towards RVS lets get rid of you.
    PLing him would be a terrible idea imo, if you wanna PL someone, i'd rather get a lurker, despite being anti RVS, he might prove useful later.

I disagree with the "random voting stage" as a concept. It's self-defeating. If there is no meaning behind the votes, then no meaningful discussion can be had about them. It's pointless. This stage is for discussing game mechanics, not voting randomly.
    Well, i was taught on this very site how it helps getting the discussion going, we can talk about mechanics, but there isn't that much to say, but by voting each other, we can see how people react to pressure, what they consider towny, scummy, ect, obviously the reaction to pressure doesn't apply in this case.

Usually, the meaninful discussion starts pretty soon after RVS
    -vote Sino

14. ISO #114

You have made small talk before. I doubt you would say that small talk is totally meaningless. Therefore votes based on "no meaning" have some meaning behind them. If it has a meaning it has a point.
    Maybe we haven't "randomly" voted scum, but I think it is at least a step in the right direction.

If you think this stage is for discussing game mechanics, when is the stage to start voting people?/what is the next stage?

15. ISO #115

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Kyoko Kirigiri View Post
    That's a rather general statement. I think scum will play with varied styles, but my answer to your question is mostly, yes they will.
    There's a group of people that would play less carefully in the early game then proceed to lurk to be careful in the later stages.
    There's a group of people that will never play carefully.
    There's a group of people that won't play.
    There's a group of people that will play carefully all the time. <- This group is the least common because of many reasons.

The most important thing I think to look for is what Moogle said. People who are being cautious and people whom you can see their caution.
    So how would you read Wildcard's reaction here :

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Wildcard View Post
    hi!!!!

how is it going everyone, glad to see this finally started.

any one notice how deathworlds has to use an arbitrary reasoning (him using main account) to say he has nothing to hide?
    @deathworlds why you trying to prove you have nothing to hide with something so shitty? i think you DO have something to hide.
    -vote deathworlds

i know votes don't count until 24 hrs, but this is just to show my intent.
    Town for being careless ?
    -vote Sino

16. ISO #116

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Kyoko Kirigiri View Post
    You have made small talk before. I doubt you would say that small talk is totally meaningless. Therefore votes based on "no meaning" have some meaning behind them. If it has a meaning it has a point.
    Maybe we haven't "randomly" voted scum, but I think it is at least a step in the right direction.

If you think this stage is for discussing game mechanics, when is the stage to start voting people?/what is the next stage?
    Bad analogy. I hate small talk. Yeah, I have it with people because I'm not a dick and I want to be polite, but it's boring af (because of how pointless it is) and I'd rather be doing anything else.

We start voting people when we have a reason to. People are already talking about voting me on principle for besmirching the name of their beloved 'RVS', which I prefer over random voting because at least there is actually some reasoning behind the votes, even though it's bad reasoning. I don't know of a shnazzy acronym for the next stage, I just call it "playing forum mafia". Apparently everything is a "stage" and has it's own fucking acronym now. Damn whippersnappers and your newfangled bullshit.

17. ISO #117

If there is a rule saying no COM hunting, then I guess I didn't follow it.

I thought it meant don't announce it, which is alright but people are so easy to figure out it seems unnatural to not be allowed to think about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

18. ISO #118

So how would you read Wildcard's reaction here :

hi!!!!

any one notice how deathworlds has to use an arbitrary reasoning (him using main account) to say he has nothing to hide?
    @deathworlds why you trying to prove you have nothing to hide with something so shitty? i think you DO have something to hide.
    -vote deathworlds

Town for being careless ?
    I don't see how that post shows that he was being careless. I see it as a careFUL post.
    I don't have a strong opinion on it.

19. ISO #119

Well, i was taught on this very site how it helps getting the discussion going, we can talk about mechanics, but there isn't that much to say, but by voting each other, we can see how people react to pressure, what they consider towny, scummy, ect, obviously the reaction to pressure doesn't apply in this case.

Usually, the meaninful discussion starts pretty soon after RVS
    I think RVS is may wind up hurting us. Having even 1 vote in this match will cause a lynch at the end of day (Good or Bad).

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    If there is a rule saying no COM hunting, then I guess I didn't follow it.

I thought it meant don't announce it, which is alright but people are so easy to figure out it seems unnatural to not be allowed to think about it.
    *Slap on wrist*

20. ISO #120

21. ISO #121

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Zynonymous View Post
    I think RVS is may wind up hurting us. Having even 1 vote in this match will cause a lynch at the end of day (Good or Bad).
    RVS is only used in the early game, which can't even result in a lynch right here, so no, in this game, it can't actually hurt.
    -vote Sino

22. ISO #122

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Zynonymous View Post
    RVS is only used in the early game, which can't even result in a lynch right here, so no, in this game, it can't actually hurt.
    -vote Sino

23. ISO #123

24. ISO #124

25. ISO #125

26. ISO #126

27. ISO #127

28. ISO #128

29. ISO #129

30. ISO #130

31. ISO #131

32. ISO #132

33. ISO #133

Sino why did you just spend 3 pages talking about the point of RVS in an MFM game. Considering your defense of it is: it leads to the actual discussion, i'm afraid so far you are failing by dragging this completely worthless stage any further.I don't care for RVS and it shouldn't even be a topic.

So far i like Marksman, straight to the point kinda guy.

DW's first post felt forced as fuck.

34. ISO #134

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Almost Late View Post
    Sino why did you just spend 3 pages talking about the point of RVS in an MFM game. Considering your defense of it is: it leads to the actual discussion, i'm afraid so far you are failing by dragging this completely worthless stage any further.I don't care for RVS and it shouldn't even be a topic.

So far i like Marksman, straight to the point kinda guy.

DW's first post felt forced as fuck.
    I was thinking about that, but i figured since RVS got us to that particular discussion topic (is RVS good or bad ?), we might aswell continue with it and see where that leads us.
    -vote Sino

35. ISO #135

36. ISO #136

37. ISO #137

38. ISO #138

39. ISO #139

40. ISO #140

41. ISO #141

42. ISO #142

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Yes View Post
    Why do you think I read them that way?
    Let me guess : to you, it looks like we're pretending to get the game going while actually doing nothing to scumhunt ?
    -vote Sino

43. ISO #143

44. ISO #144

45. ISO #145

The fact that you guys are latching on to my first post defensively is making your reads even worse for me. It's clearly a joke about his double post on this page.
    It's a pretty bad joke then.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM-Shocked Kirby Face View Post
    Deathworlds is simply better than us at this game. Don't kill them for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

46. ISO #146

There is a lot of psychology around the Random Voting Stage of the game.

Scum tend to either immediately vote or avoid voting their partners.

Once we get a flip, RVS information can help triangulate who is team scum.
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    fucketh me in the ass

47. ISO #147

hi!!!!

-vote deathworlds

I have one thing to hide like the rest of everyone here, their role.

I'm not going to hide my meta unlike y'all. It's easier to be a cuck during FM while you're behind an anon account.
    fucketh me in the ass

48. ISO #148

Ta ta everyone!
    fucketh me in the ass

49. ISO #149

I agree with Marksman about not explaining your reads, you want town to follow you in order to lynch who you think is scum, which implies explaining your reads.
    Nah, I don't like explaining reads early, it gives you an opportunity to change your behavior. If you can't figure it out that's not really my problem. I was just throwing out who I think seems scummiest atm.

50. ISO #150

Nah, I don't like explaining reads early, it gives you an opportunity to change your behavior. If you can't figure it out that's not really my problem. I was just throwing out who I think seems scummiest atm.
    Too bad for you, it's your only chance now, i doubt you'll end up in the same universe as all your scum reads.
    -vote Sino