Mentor Discussion for Starter Game + SignUp Mentors - Page 2
Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. ISO #51

Re: Mentor Discussion for Starter Game + SignUp Mentors

I want to be clear I am only talking about getting help on my game if A) it is a mentor game B) it is an Archon or C) The game is already over.
    Mafia Record:
    Spoiler : On Site/Universal Total :
    ..Total: 5/9 = 55.6% | 61/104 = 58.3%..
    ...Town: 3/5 = 60% | 42/76 = 55.3%...
    ....Mafia: 0/2 = 0% | 14/23 = 60.9%....
    .....3P: 1/1 = 100% | 3P: 3/5 = 60%.....
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

2. ISO #52

Quote Originally Posted by Quick View Post
    I want to be clear I am only talking about getting help on my game if A) it is a mentor game B) it is an Archon or C) The game is already over.
    Makes sense to me. I don't recall any mentor games other than the Beginner's Game so that would be a point to raise with the host during the setup question stage or sign-up stage.

3. ISO #53

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessB View Post
    Makes sense to me. I don't recall any mentor games other than the Beginner's Game so that would be a point to raise with the host during the setup question stage or sign-up stage.
    In my experience most mentor games are for New players, yes, but sometimes there are things like paired teams and things like that that function as a single slot. It would be like a game where everyone was an Archon team with two people. Could be worth exploring IDK.
    Mafia Record:
    Spoiler : On Site/Universal Total :
    ..Total: 5/9 = 55.6% | 61/104 = 58.3%..
    ...Town: 3/5 = 60% | 42/76 = 55.3%...
    ....Mafia: 0/2 = 0% | 14/23 = 60.9%....
    .....3P: 1/1 = 100% | 3P: 3/5 = 60%.....
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

4. ISO #54

5. ISO #55

I think most hosts would heavily frown upon someone having an advisor / mentor who is heavily influencing their play in a game unless that opportunity is explicitly extended to all players pre-game. It would not be fair to the other players. One thing if you want to have a casual chat with someone, but another entirely if they are acting as a game mentor to help you. Flagging this for @Orpz as well to get his take, but I'd think this would be problematic unless explicitly allowed by the host.
    It's up to hosts to allow it. I think of it as like an archon experience, only the advising head doesn't post in the game itself.
    Spoiler : Orpz FM History :

FM17 - Won, FM18 - Won, FM19 - Won ,FM20 - Loss, FM21 - Won, MVP, FM22 - Host Canceled, FM23 - Won, FM24 - Hosted, FM25 - Won, FM26 - Loss

6. ISO #56

Quote Originally Posted by Orpz View Post
    It's up to hosts to allow it. I think of it as like an archon experience, only the advising head doesn't post in the game itself.
    Makes sense to me -- as clarification, to the extent that hosts are silent on it, it would not be allowed by default / without consulting with the host, right?

7. ISO #57

Makes sense to me -- as clarification, to the extent that hosts are silent on it, it would not be allowed by default / without consulting with the host, right?
    Players with intentions to have a mentor/pupil must acquire host's permission as well as make the information public, usually on the Signups page. Idea is still in development but my vision for it is that it is very similar to the existing Archon system, only with more of an emphasis on training players.
    Spoiler : Orpz FM History :

FM17 - Won, FM18 - Won, FM19 - Won ,FM20 - Loss, FM21 - Won, MVP, FM22 - Host Canceled, FM23 - Won, FM24 - Hosted, FM25 - Won, FM26 - Loss

8. ISO #58

Quote Originally Posted by Orpz View Post
    Players with intentions to have a mentor/pupil must acquire host's permission as well as make the information public, usually on the Signups page. Idea is still in development but my vision for it is that it is very similar to the existing Archon system, only with more of an emphasis on training players.
    Also, if we're looking for ways to encourage interaction, I could even it being fun to have some "madness" type games where the pairings were randomized (can be random.org to prevent bias) to see whose styles would gel and whose would not. Obviously, that's less about teaching and more about socialization though.

9. ISO #59

All Mentor Organisations, Societies, Teams, Groups, and Clubs are henceforth disbanded. A Mentor Organisation, Society, Team, Group, or Club is hereby defined as a regular meeting of three or more players. Permission to re-form may be sought from the High Inquisitor (Darkness B). No Player-Mentor Organisation, Society, Team, Group, or Club may exist without the knowledge and approval of the High Inquisitor. Any player found to have formed, or to belong to, a Mentor Organisation, Society, Team, Group, or Club that has not been approved by the High Inquisitor will be Permanently Banned.
    Last edited by SuperJack; June 12th, 2016 at 11:48 AM.
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

10. ISO #60

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    All Mentor Organisations, Societies, Teams, Groups, and Clubs are henceforth disbanded. A Mentor Organisation, Society, Team, Group, or Club is hereby defined as a regular meeting of three or more players. Permission to re-form may be sought from the High Inquisitor (Darkness B). No Player-Mentor Organisation, Society, Team, Group, or Club may exist without the knowledge and approval of the High Inquisitor. Any player found to have formed, or to belong to, a Mentor Organisation, Society, Team, Group, or Club that has not been approved by the High Inquisitor will be Permanently Banned.
    stfu harry potter cosplayer

11. ISO #61

12. ISO #62

Excusing my experience, I still probably need a mentor.
    I still feel like a new player in terms of ability.

+Yes I'd like permission to sign for the starter game.
    Last edited by Funce; June 12th, 2016 at 05:32 PM.
    I love Iced_Monopoly.
    Survivor: Survive until the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Barkley Beard View Post
    Oh christ what has he done

13. ISO #63

14. ISO #64

15. ISO #65

Funce, this is for a Beginner's Game. Unless you intend to sign for it, not sure how this post is on-topic, lol.
    I fixed my post.
    I love Iced_Monopoly.
    Survivor: Survive until the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Barkley Beard View Post
    Oh christ what has he done

16. ISO #66