Re: Setup Discussion for Starter Game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    My first game was Which Witch is Which
    Ohh yes, that was a good one.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    I'm just gonna ask them when enough people are signed up
    Ask what to whom? I'm confused.
    Quote Originally Posted by naz View Post
    The first game I played was just a one day game where if a mafia was lynched, town wins. Town lynch, mafia win. Its easy because no mechanics to discuss and low commitment (i think 72 hours was what the game was given?) so its a nice intro and good way to get foot in the door uwu

Edit: instant mafia is the setup
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...stant-Mafia-IV
    It's a pretty good setup for training and having a short game. It however isn't fully representative of FM (game's lenght, basically nightless, no flip or vote count analysis). Still a good one to host relatively often, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Define "new player".
    Someone who plays FM for the first or second time, I'd say?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

3. ISO #203

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    It was great. However, I'm not so sure it's representative of the normal games on the site... I tend to agree with Deathworlds on the criterias for newbie-friendly games.
    Insert shameless advertisement for La Cosa Nostra, my setup, here

Throwing a suggestion out there, tell me if you like it.
    Some hosts could explicitely state they accept mentors in their games. Mentors could help a new player get into the game. They obviously wouldn't be playing, and would know all the info their pupil knows, including his role. They could talk to the pupil privately about anything, but never post anything publicly. They would have to be approved privately by both the host and the pupil before officially being mentors in the game; they would need to have a good knowledge of the game, of the FM rules and of the setup. The info about mentor-pupil pairings approved by the Host would be publicly available.
    Spoiler : beware :
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

4. ISO #204

I will ask them if they want simple game (Sheriff,Doc,Mafioso,Consort n Citizens.
    A Taste of Sc2Mafia 1.0 i previously hosted (With most likely re-addressed the setup)
    Or a taste of The Smiths.

That way they can either go simple/Familiar/Different

And I would ask the signees what they want,
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016