S-FM 199: Illuminati 3.0 - Page 2
Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #51

2. ISO #52

Re: S-FM 199: Illuminati 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Whad View Post
    So this setup is totally a mindfudge! If we are in setup A, it's 2 mafia v 7 town (normal game). But if we are in setup B, then it's 2 illuminati vs. 7 non-illuminati (mafia + town). If it's setup A, the mafia want to gun after townies, but if it's setup B, the mafia will essentially function like scum masons with a nightkill. There might also be some graveyard madness... My brain is having a terribly difficult time wrapping itself around what optimal strategy for this game looks like.
    I have a thrill for you!

If you could answer my question I might just remove this:

-vote Whad

3. ISO #53

4. ISO #54

5. ISO #55

Quote Originally Posted by Anaconda View Post
    Feel free to answer my question anytime. In fact, you could answer it now if you wanted.
    If you mean why I posted the same thing in the signups thread it's because I mistakenly thought it was the game thread. Host said to leave the other post in the signups thread.

Is that what you're referring to? If not, you're going to have to help point me in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Rintarou View Post
    I'm a mad scientist. So no. And go eat some dirt.
    We are one and the same. If there is something that is different that we need to point out, it will be corrected.

That being said, having had played with a few of these other players, I think I can tell who is posting when.
    I haven't played with everyone enough to tell who is posting what. If I had to guess though, this is probably AIVION?
    I am Hela, Odin's firstborn, commander of the legions of Asgard, the rightful heir to the throne and the Goddess of Death.

6. ISO #56

7. ISO #57

8. ISO #58

If you mean why I posted the same thing in the signups thread it's because I mistakenly thought it was the game thread. Host said to leave the other post in the signups thread.

Is that what you're referring to? If not, you're going to have to help point me in the right direction.
    Yes, but why the exact same wording. That's what I don't get.

9. ISO #59

I haven't played with everyone enough to tell who is posting what. If I had to guess though, this is probably AIVION?
    Good thing I couldn't care less about meta / player reads and I only read slots.

Also, welcome to Mafia Eggy! You've chosen an interesting setup as your FM debut :P
    Death, yet the Town.
    ~The Town Code

10. ISO #60

11. ISO #61

12. ISO #62

13. ISO #63

Yes, but why the exact same wording. That's what I don't get.
    I just copy/pasted it since that was supposed to be my first post in this thread anyway.
    I am Hela, Odin's firstborn, commander of the legions of Asgard, the rightful heir to the throne and the Goddess of Death.

14. ISO #64

15. ISO #65

16. ISO #66

17. ISO #67

18. ISO #68

19. ISO #69

20. ISO #70

21. ISO #71

22. ISO #72

23. ISO #73

24. ISO #74

25. ISO #75

But you had a chance to read the thread since then. Why just predetermine who you are going to vote for?
    I am only online for a limited amount of time each day so I thought it was best to post ASAP to announce my presence so that people may interact with me instead of reading up and posting one or two posts before wandering off to bed.

26. ISO #76

27. ISO #77

has everyone confirmed their role yet? (I really hope people aren't playing blind)
    inb4 Illuminati Grand Wizard frantically signaling to the Infiltrator to assume a role.

Looking at the setup to figure out what the Illuminati Godfather is called made me think of a question:

The infiltrator role card states:
    You may change your assumed role only once per day/night, unless you started the night as a mason.

Is the infiltrator locked into the role of mason if they pick it?
    When would the infiltrator be able to change their role if they did indeed start the night as a mason?

28. ISO #78

29. ISO #79

30. ISO #80

31. ISO #81

32. ISO #82

33. ISO #83

34. ISO #84

So this setup is totally a mindfudge! If we are in setup A, it's 2 mafia v 7 town (normal game). But if we are in setup B, then it's 2 illuminati vs. 7 non-illuminati (mafia + town). If it's setup A, the mafia want to gun after townies, but if it's setup B, the mafia will essentially function like scum masons with a nightkill. There might also be some graveyard madness... My brain is having a terribly difficult time wrapping itself around what optimal strategy for this game looks like.
    How about lynch scum? Does that work for you?

35. ISO #85

36. ISO #86

How about lynch scum? Does that work for you?
    The crazy thing though is that who "scum" is changes based on if we are in world A or world B. This is confounded by the fact that the mafia team doesn't even know if they are "scum" in this game or not since nobody except the illuminati knows if the illuminati is present so far.

When you add that wrinkle into the game, it's really hard to read if someone's actions align with scum or not.

37. ISO #87

Quote Originally Posted by Naughty Canadians View Post
    Because I want the new person to participate and feel comfortable speaking.
    I would feel a lot more comfortable if you went back to posting pictures of fans.

38. ISO #88

39. ISO #89

The crazy thing though is that who "scum" is changes based on if we are in world A or world B. This is confounded by the fact that the mafia team doesn't even know if they are "scum" in this game or not since nobody except the illuminati knows if the illuminati is present so far.

When you add that wrinkle into the game, it's really hard to read if someone's actions align with scum or not.
    If You are town, it doesn't matter who you lynch as long as you lynch scum. If we kill mafia, then great! one more gone and that eliminates a NK at least. There is no reason not to just look for scum and lynch them. I find it Sus that you don't get that initially after commenting on the setup. If you are town, you have no choice but to try and lynch scum.. any scum. You are now officially on my radar.

40. ISO #90

41. ISO #91

If You are town, it doesn't matter who you lynch as long as you lynch scum. If we kill mafia, then great! one more gone and that eliminates a NK at least. There is no reason not to just look for scum and lynch them. I find it Sus that you don't get that initially after commenting on the setup. If you are town, you have no choice but to try and lynch scum.. any scum. You are now officially on my radar.
    You went for the easy answer of "lynch scum." Duh. That's what town is supposed to do in any game. That's the low-hanging fruit instead of actually considering the issue. Killing mafia is actually suboptimal in Setup B because town wins with them, and killing both will give the Illuminati a night kill which will likely be devastating after the mislynches likely in any game and the mafia doing their own night kills.

I find it disturbing on my end that you decided to scum-ping Whad by going for low-hanging fruit instead of thinking through these things yourself.
    Death, yet the Town.
    ~The Town Code

42. ISO #92

43. ISO #93

Quote Originally Posted by Kovath View Post
    You went for the easy answer of "lynch scum." Duh. That's what town is supposed to do in any game. That's the low-hanging fruit instead of actually considering the issue. Killing mafia is actually suboptimal in Setup B because town wins with them, and killing both will give the Illuminati a night kill which will likely be devastating after the mislynches likely in any game and the mafia doing their own night kills.

I find it disturbing on my end that you decided to scum-ping Whad by going for low-hanging fruit instead of thinking through these things yourself.
    Sounds like sumthing scum would say

44. ISO #94

The only problem I have with what you said here is that it assumes we are going to mislynch. You also fail to recognise that Mafia can attempt to NK a 3p during the night and I'd wager that's who they would be gunning for first. Let Mafia worry about the 3p and let town worry about everything else.

45. ISO #95

46. ISO #96

If we're in setup B, then we win with the mafia. It's a little weird that you don't know that. I'll post the win conditions here just so everyone is on the same page:
    Special Mechanics:
    Before the game begins, I will decide if we will be playing Setup A or Setup B. Which setup we are playing will not be publicly announced, and it is up to players to figure out and pursue the appropriate win condition.

Win Conditions:
    Setup A:
    Mafia: Eliminate the Town and have at least one member of the Mafia survive, or make it so nothing can stop you from doing so.
    Town:Eliminate the Mafia and have least one member of the Town survive, or make it so nothing can stop you from doing so.

Mafia wins all ties.

Setup B:
    Illuminati: Eliminate the Non-Illuminati and have at least one Illuminati survive, or make it so nothing can stop you from doing so.
    Non-Illuminati: Eliminate the Illuminati and have at least one Non-Illuminati survive,or make it so nothing can stop you from doing so.

Illuminati wins all ties.
    Just to reiterate, if we are in setup B then regardless of if your role card says mafia or town it actually means Non-Illuminati alignment that wins together.

47. ISO #97

48. ISO #98

If we're in setup B, then we win with the mafia. It's a little weird that you don't know that. I'll post the win conditions here just so everyone is on the same page:

Just to reiterate, if we are in setup B then regardless of if your role card says mafia or town it actually means Non-Illuminati alignment that wins together.
    This is called IIoA (Information Instead of Analysis). It means you are not bringing any conclusions to the table, but rather just stating things that are already apparent. This is considered a weak scum tell.

49. ISO #99

Quote Originally Posted by Naughty Canadians View Post
    Please try really hard to not misinterpret my fan Whad. I know it's hard for you.
    Oh I've already started interpreting it.

Whoops, didn't see that someone had explained this to Anaconda already. I think it's safe to say though, that Anaconda isn't illuminati unless he is hiding behind more levels of deception than I had fathomed.

50. ISO #100

This is called IIoA (Information Instead of Analysis). It means you are not bringing any conclusions to the table, but rather just stating things that are already apparent. This is considered a weak scum tell.
    Wrong. I wasn't stating things that were "already apparent". As evidence of this information being not "already apparent" is you being totally uninformed about who is classed as scum in setups A and B.