allow Serial Killer and Arsonist to be in same random nuet.
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1
    Sookie

allow Serial Killer and Arsonist to be in same random nuet.(Basic/Advanced)

I thought about adjusting my save to insted of just having serial killer or arsonist to change it so one of my random nuets. could only be a serial killer or arsonist (Exclude non killing roles.)

so i hit up the mafia wiki and saw the serial killer is basic nuet while the Arsonist is adv. nuet. not only that, but they are the only killing roles in their categories.(SK for basic and Arsonist for adv.) so you exclude killing roles in their random basic or random advanced, you will always get the one role. which kinda takes the random out of it. sure you could argue that if someone isnt paying attention they might not notice this in the roles list. but doing so you are still effectively just adding a serial kill or an arsonist. they just aren't named serial killer or arsonist.

i think it would be better to have them both together in 1 or the other. (Advanced or Basic) so you can set to exclude non killing roles and get a random serial killer or arsonist without having to do so with "Random any Nuet" and exclude everything else just for the 2.

what do you guys think?
    Last edited by ; December 3rd, 2011 at 03:24 PM.

2. ISO #2

Re: allow Serial Killer and Arsonist to be in same random nuet.

This isn't the best solution in the world, but you can set Random Neutral to exclude non-killing roles; thus it has to be either the SK or arson. Then set Random Any to exclude town and mafia roles, forcing it to serve as a random neutral.
    FMII: Armorsmith | FMIII: Napoli Godfather | FMIV: Arsonist | FMV: Doctor | FMVI: Greed | FMVIII: Consigliere | FMXVI: Citizen | MFMXVII: Bus Driver | FMXX: Mason

Il giusto è solo chi sa fingerlo meglio

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6
    Sookie

Quote Originally Posted by Lysergic View Post
    If the problem is that you want NON-killing neutrals in addition to your killing neutral, do the following:

Random Neutral: Exclude non-killing roles.

Random Any: Exclude town, mafia, and killing.

Problem solved.
    i didn't know you could set the random any to do that.

thanks guys

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8
    Sookie

Quote Originally Posted by Lysergic View Post
    No prob. Just be ready to deal with pubs being like "RANDOM ANYZ? ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG RAGEQUIT." For some reason, pubs seem to have trouble reading the settings.
    yeah i've noticed alot of people can't read apparently. :P the ones that really get me are the people who can't wait 10 seconds for you to change a few setting and rage leave.