Rules For Archons (AKA Hydras)
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Rules For Archons (AKA Hydras)

With the introduction of archons (AKA hydras) into recent S-FMs, the federal moderator has seen fit to institute some rules to make archons safe, fun, and fair for everyone. Since archons are a new phenomenon here, these rules may be subject to change in the near future without warning.

How Archons Work
    Archons (also known as hydras) are accounts that 2+ (although generally no more than 3) people control to act as a single player within a forum mafia game. They are not permitted within every game, and it is up to the host's discretion to decide where or not archons will be allowed in a given game.

While in an archon, you are allowed to communicate with the other members of your archon via skype, private message, or otherwise. You are not allowed to communicate about the game with players not in your archon.

If you break either one of the forum mafia rules or site-wide rules while on an archon account, the punishment will be applied to your main account at the conclusion of the game. If we are unable to figure out who committed the offense, all players in the archon will be punished.

To create an archon, simply register a new account account on the site, share the password with your fellow archon members, and PM an administrator to give your account archon status.

The Rules

No Intentionally Posting From Your Main Account
    We get it, slips happen. Just don't do it on purpose.
    Infraction: Board Rule Violations, 2 points

No Posting In Ongoing Games That The Archon Isn't In
    Don't do it on purpose.
    Infraction: Board Rule Violations, 2 points

No Quoting Inner-Archon Chat
    Don't directly quote from your private skype/PM chats with the other players in your archon. It is unfair to force scum archons to falsify such information and makes it too easy for town archons to appear as town.
    Infraction: First Violation is a warning; Second Violation is a replacement/modkill. Repeat offenders will be temporarily disallowed from joining archons.

No Checking Archon IPs (Staff Only)
    Archon players have a right to hide who posted what. Staff are not permitted to check the IP of archons they are in a game with.
    Infraction: Staff Powers Abuse, 8 points
    Last edited by Orpz; May 22nd, 2016 at 06:03 PM.

2. ISO #2

Re: Rules For Archons (AKA Hydras)

I thought they were called Hydralisks..
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

We had an argument about this in staff chat, all I could say was "Are we really having this debate, who the fuck gives a flying crap what we call it?"

I mean, want to go with starcraft theme that we have never applied to anything go with Archon, which makes for it being fusion of two or more people.

But here I am posting about who cares, while showing that I care.

Meh.
    Don't pet growlithe, he will bite you.

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    Whoever voted against it is lame

AHHRGRHRHRHR I HATE CHANGE WE CAN'T BE DIFFERENT. I DONT CARE IF IT'S JUST A NAME CHANGE THAT REPRESENTS OUR COMMUNITY, I DON'T LIKE NEW THINGS GARBLE
    ^direct unironic quote from staff chat
    I think the argument was more:

"it sounds stupid"

"but archon is like two people merging into one, it makes perfect sense"

"stop trying to make archon happen, it's not going to happen"

"why are you bothering?"

"Slaol's vetoing it, gg no re"
    Quote Originally Posted by Orpz View Post
    Why'd you leave out the sun emoji? I think it creates a huge sense of tone that is critical for the interpretation of the chat.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM Romeo View Post
    Go fuck yourself in the cucho.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed
    Your accent has ruined medieval fantasy films.

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

Loool I don't care either way, it's just a name. I think Archon is smart, and Hydralisk is witty.
    Passing a motion to also change the term "Sheep" to "Drone".
    Motion granted.

Next case, call a scumish player acting "zerg"
    Anyone acting town is now being "terran"
    Neutrals are being "Protoss"

I think these will go over well..
    Don't pet growlithe, he will bite you.

14. ISO #14

Also, to stay more on OP, staff who checks IPs of in-use anonymous accounts will have further punishment discussed by the HC due to lack of using mod abilities responsibly.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebringer View Post
    Motion granted.

Next case, call a scumish player acting "zerg"
    Anyone acting town is now being "terran"
    Neutrals are being "Protoss"

I think these will go over well..
    These are good ideas.

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

I will infract anyone who calls them Hydras.
    And Slaol will infract anyone who doesn't call them Hydras.
    Good luck everyone.
    Hmm, this supersedes your prior ruling then? Can't direct quote because the thread is locked but this:

SC2Mafia Hydras are now called MPD's. Failure to use the correct terminology is a bannable offense.
    Also, WIFOM is no longer allowed.

18. ISO #18

I will infract anyone who calls them Hydras.
    And Slaol will infract anyone who doesn't call them Hydras.
    Good luck everyone.
    Lol! We are fucking dooooomed
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24

Quote Originally Posted by Sen View Post
    I like them because they guarantee active games; it's harder to be a lurker when there's 3 people using the account.
    Also, even if you have a hydra that is comprised of lurkers / more inactive player types, at least that means one spot is lurking versus 2 or 3 otherwise. Also, there's far more motivation to be active when you have in-hydra teammates that are depending on you, at least that's how I feel. Being able to chat real-time about the game with your team makes it more interactive and interesting too.

Just seems like a very positive change overall that has been a shot in the arm to S-FM activity levels and enthusiasm, which have admittedly been lagging as of late. Should every game allow for hydras? Of course not, but I think most players here wouldn't mind / would prefer if the option be available in a good number of them.
    Last edited by DarknessB; April 8th, 2016 at 10:49 AM.

25. ISO #25

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessB View Post
    Also, there's far more motivation to be active when you have in-hydra teammates that are depending on you, at least that's how I feel.
    That's a pretty important point, and it's funny that people act that way while playing a hydra, but seem to forget that Mafia is a team game when playing solo, and unless you are a lone Neutral, any lack of interest and/or participation, as well as intentional bad plays affect your whole team.

26. ISO #26

I like Archon for a name. Archons are strong as hell and that is exactly how I picture a good Archon team.
    Mafia Record:
    Spoiler : On Site/Universal Total :
    ..Total: 5/9 = 55.6% | 61/104 = 58.3%..
    ...Town: 3/5 = 60% | 42/76 = 55.3%...
    ....Mafia: 0/2 = 0% | 14/23 = 60.9%....
    .....3P: 1/1 = 100% | 3P: 3/5 = 60%.....
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out