User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. ISO #51

2. ISO #52

3. ISO #53

4. ISO #54

Re: Invitation to The Mafia Championship Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWolf View Post
    I think it's clear ika is talking about this person. So your point is? Or do you have one besides being an ass to him for no reason?
    How is what you said a response to Gerik's post? Gerik said nothing about Ika, and does not appear to being an ass to him in any way. Are you another ika?

5. ISO #55

Quote Originally Posted by Slaol View Post
    How is what you said a response to Gerik's post? Gerik said nothing about Ika, and does not appear to being an ass to him in any way. Are you another ika?
    Yes. They're dating.

They really love insulting everyone who isn't them talking about their romance, so if you want to start a big argument about why you're a shithead heated debate on the merits of true love, continue to respond to them
    Quote Originally Posted by Orpz View Post
    Why'd you leave out the sun emoji? I think it creates a huge sense of tone that is critical for the interpretation of the chat.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM Romeo View Post
    Go fuck yourself in the cucho.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed
    Your accent has ruined medieval fantasy films.

6. ISO #56

Quote Originally Posted by Calix View Post
    Yes. They're dating.

They really love insulting everyone who isn't them talking about their romance, so if you want to start a big argument about why you're a shithead heated debate on the merits of true love, continue to respond to them
    So i should infract them both for lots of logical fallacy?

7. ISO #57

Quote Originally Posted by Slaol View Post
    So i should infract them both for lots of logical fallacy?
    That's a cause for infractions on this site?

Knock yourself out, just don't make the site a ghost town in the meanwhile
    Why'd you leave out the sun emoji? I think it creates a huge sense of tone that is critical for the interpretation of the chat.

8. ISO #58

9. ISO #59

Quote Originally Posted by Calix View Post
    That's a cause for infractions on this site?

Knock yourself out, just don't make the site a ghost town in the meanwhile
    It's only for major flaws, and primarily when those flaws coincide with a lesser intellect trying to argue with the people in charge about something when they are objectively wrong. Things like the fact that the account "Gerick" isn't a member of our community. You can be mentally retarded and disconnected from reality wanting to make a big deal about defending how stupid you are (or someone that supports that kind of moron-like behavior), or you can correct it to 'Gerik' like a regular person when they get something wrong. Instead of being a whiner, or bitching about things.
    Last edited by Slaol; March 31st, 2016 at 09:41 PM.

10. ISO #60

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessB View Post
    I'd like to add two nominations:

• Toadette
    • ThePaladin

Too bad we don't have two spots because I'd love to see the former lynch the latter on Day 1 to give the game a real SC2Mafia feel.
    Paladin might actually make us look better. He'll get town-read like crazy for "townie enthusiasm" or "his ideas are too insane to be scum-motivated"

11. ISO #61

12. ISO #62

13. ISO #63

14. ISO #64

Wasn't Deathworlds going to replay that game at some point? You got screwed there in terms of win streak.
    win, mvp, 5 win streak. that would have been my points and it was enough to win the ladder

15. ISO #65

16. ISO #66

17. ISO #67

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    fucking game man.
    I tried to convert you and covertly asked for a sign that it was successful and you gave me one. Then I successfully converted MattZed and asked him for a sign, and he basically told me to fuck off lmao
    lol. it was so good

18. ISO #68

Shameless self-plug.

I'd really like to be our site's nomination.

Many of you know me from recent years FM's and M-FM's. In the last couple of years I've consecutively MVPed every 20-30 player game on this site.

Others know me from my general activity from the site, skype and the SC2 mod where I have over 3000 games played.

What you may not know about me is that I have a deep passion for this game for whatever reason! It takes a true mental masochist to put themselves through the constant grind and commitment to play the very best possible every time.

Every time I play, I want to learn a little bit more. I've developed the cross-community game in that effort and passion for learning more styles and strategies. I've gone to Mafia Universe, the hosting site for the championships, to continue this learning and I hope to bring these strategies and styles back here! I've played with nominations and champions from many different sites and I've learned quite a lot.

My style has developed to use every strategy. On first read and playthrough I look for tone reads. On second read I develop mechanical analysis with notes with respect to analytical analysis. Once I find connections I push and prod to see whether pairings or groups I've found are willing to push against each other. On the first day of a 17 player game I plan to develop 3 wagons for optimal mechanical analysis. Titus and Firebringer have seen me use this very method to pin the entire scum team by day 2 in the last 21er game we played that just ended yesterday.

More important than anything, I feel that I would represent our site as a passionate, high effort player who is also currently active in playing games here on SC2, whether they're SC2 mod games, S-FMs, M-FMs, or FMs.

I ask for your vote to see my dream of fulfilling my passion for this game at the highest level. If you vote for me, I promise I will give it everything I have and I will do my absolute best to bring glory to SC2Mafia, as a site that's got more passion for the spirit of the game than any site across the 100+ participating.

19. ISO #69

I think I could manage posting 2000-5000 per day. Send Batman.
    Wait it's just reading 2000-5000 posts?
    I nominate Cryptonic.
    :toad:

Spoiler : O.o :
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverWolf
    Why are you being an anti town bitch? You got a fucking point or just a major fucking attitude problem? I dare you to take me on with a game related case cuz I'll tear it apart.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

20. ISO #70

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    Shameless self-plug.

Many of you know me from recent years FM's and M-FM's. In the last couple of years I've consecutively MVPed every 20-30 player game on this site.

Others know me from my general activity from the site, skype and the SC2 mod where I have over 3000 games played.

What you may not know about me is that I have a deep passion for this game for whatever reason! It takes a true mental masochist to put themselves through the constant grind and commitment to play the very best possible every time.

Every time I play, I want to learn a little bit more. I've developed the cross-community game in that effort and passion for learning more styles and strategies. I've gone to Mafia Universe, the hosting site for the championships, to continue this learning and I hope to bring these strategies and styles back here! I've played with nominations and champions from many different sites and I've learned quite a lot.

My style has developed to use every strategy. On first read and playthrough I look for tone reads. On second read I develop mechanical analysis with notes with respect to analytical analysis. Once I find connections I push and prod to see whether pairings or groups I've found are willing to push against each other. On the first day of a 17 player game I plan to develop 3 wagons for optimal mechanical analysis. Titus and Firebringer have seen me use this very method to pin the entire scum team by day 2 in the last 21er game we played that just ended yesterday.

More important than anything, I feel that I would represent our site as a passionate, high effort player who is also currently active in playing games here on SC2, whether they're SC2 mod games, S-FMs, M-FMs, or FMs.

I ask for your vote to see my dream of fulfilling my passion for this game at the highest level. If you vote for me, I promise I will give it everything I have and I will do my absolute best to bring glory to SC2Mafia, as a site that's got more passion for the spirit of the game than any site across the 100+ participating.

Yes, I nominate Frog.
    Spoiler : Orpz FM History :

FM17 - Won, FM18 - Won, FM19 - Won ,FM20 - Loss, FM21 - Won, MVP, FM22 - Host Canceled, FM23 - Won, FM24 - Hosted, FM25 - Won, FM26 - Loss

21. ISO #71

22. ISO #72

23. ISO #73

Shameless self-plug.

But what if someone doesn't agree with your in-game plans

24. ISO #74

This is why we need Batman, who doesn't give a fuck

Why are you being an anti town bitch? You got a fucking point or just a major fucking attitude problem? I dare you to take me on with a game related case cuz I'll tear it apart.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

25. ISO #75

26. ISO #76

Being an effective communicator helps.

What normally ends up happening is that certain players go under the radar.

By partaking in the center field of the game making hard positions, that puts you in a better position to interact with the under the radar players.

When you're interacting with every player, effective communicating and rallying becomes a whole lot easier.

3 wagons is optimal for this setup, but that isn't something I can force, you're right.

Normally the way to go about achieving this is through coordination, which comes with communicating with players across the board, even those under the radar.

By prompting the side game into unique positions (aka, not on lead wagons), and through consolidation, there will normally be 2-3 lead wagons, with a variation of smaller wagons - for this particular type of setup which does not require majority lynch.

27. ISO #77

He's not the representative SC2Mafia needs, he's the representative SC2Mafia deserves?
    Sure. In all seriousness, FM Batman represents the site's meta, play style, etc a lot more than any other player would.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

28. ISO #78

29. ISO #79

FM Batman is love

FM Batman is life

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

30. ISO #80

31. ISO #81

32. ISO #82

Lmao. I thought the current trend was lurkfest. Quite the opposite. :-P
    We're not talking about the terrible aspect here, but the positive

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

33. ISO #83

34. ISO #84

35. ISO #85

36. ISO #86

That doesn't really negate his point, though.
    I'm not negating it. It's just funny.

I've already mentioned this to blue+'s, the easiest fix wrt activity is increasing day lengths from 48 hours to 72 hours. 72/24.

Honestly, any game requires pushes and vote swaps, and if activity is that low, it's just not realistically possible.

37. ISO #87

38. ISO #88

39. ISO #89

40. ISO #90

I'm not negating it. It's just funny.

I've already mentioned this to blue+'s, the easiest fix wrt activity is increasing day lengths from 48 hours to 72 hours. 72/24.

Honestly, any game requires pushes and vote swaps, and if activity is that low, it's just not realistically possible.
    We're not going to force hosts to increase their day/night length, though. We're not going to make a host change their game in any way, except with suggestions to help balance.

edit: plus, increasing day length does not increase activity. It just allows for more posts to be submitted in 1 day. I'd bet games with shorter days have more posts per hour on our site.

41. ISO #91

42. ISO #92

We're not going to force hosts to increase their day/night length, though. We're not going to make a host change their game in any way, except with suggestions to help balance.

edit: plus, increasing day length does not increase activity. It just allows for more posts to be submitted in 1 day. I'd bet games with shorter days have more posts per hour on our site.
    Bahahaha. I don't know why you do this. I'm not suggesting we force hosts to do anything.

Increase time = increase ability to post more

It's very straight forward. LOL.

43. ISO #93

Bahahaha. I don't know why you do this. I'm not suggesting we force hosts to do anything.

Increase time = increase ability to post more

It's very straight forward. LOL.
    ???
    You said that you told blue+ to fix activity by increasing day length, but blue+ have no way of controlling what a host does with their game other than forcing hosts to amend their games using rules.

Yes, Increased Time = Increased ability to post more
    But Increased Ability to post more != Increased Activity.
    Increased Activity = More activity over same time period.

So, a game with 500 posts in 48 hours is less active than a game with 300 posts in 24 hours.

It's very straight forward.

44. ISO #94

I will say that whenever our metta has a big gap in it now. Theres a group of players that are super active and involved in games and there is another group that the host tells 'If you dont make 5 posts in the day you will be replaced' and they just vomit 5 fluff posts and move on. I personally always look critically at the host of the game when I see players getting away with that behavior. Its a real dick move by the player to sign up for a game and skip day chat. I never did understand why some people act like its a justifiable playstyle.

I will probably vote for Frog. Some of you may hate his attitude but he has a very deep understanding of the game and has been a very active member of our community this year. I still couldn't vote Yayap on the reasoning that he never plays here.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

45. ISO #95

???
    You said that you told blue+ to fix activity by increasing day length, but blue+ have no way of controlling what a host does with their game other than forcing hosts to amend their games using rules.

So, a game with 500 posts in 48 hours is less active than a game with 300 posts in 24 hours.

Basically posts per real life day, which makes sense -- making game days longer won't necessarily increase this. Could have the opposite effect if people feel like they have time to lurk / not get down to business. On that note, I wouldn't want us doing the Mafiascum style of play where game days are insanely long in real life time (10 days or whatever it is), which I feel like encourages people to take their time and not play with any sense of urgency. It should not take 2 months to finish a game.

46. ISO #96

???

Take a deep breath and reread the original post.

"I've already mentioned this to blue+'s, the easiest fix wrt activity is increasing day lengths from 48 hours to 72 hours. 72/24."

I'm not telling anyone to do anything. These are suggestions on how to fix issues that I've identified, and that are clearly present. How you take it from there is up to you. I'm not saying to force hosts to do anything. They're just suggestions, you can suggest hosts to think along that same line of thought.

These aren't fighting words that I started out with, and I'm not sure if this continual 1v1 is unnecessarily confrontational in lolcats, if you're generally confused, or whether you genuinely can't identify problems and find solutions.

Again, these are just suggestions! Do as you wish! In fact, I'd encourage you as a staff to spearhead this problem solution. I only bring suggestions for solutions because I care. Don't mistake my passion and 1v1 with hostility in a totally unrelated thread plox. Ty.

47. ISO #97

Basically posts per real life day, which makes sense -- making game days longer won't necessarily increase this. Could have the opposite effect if people feel like they have time to lurk / not get down to business. On that note, I wouldn't want us doing the Mafiascum style of play where game days are insanely long in real life time (10 days or whatever it is), which I feel like encourages people to take their time and not play with any sense of urgency. It should not take 2 months to finish a game.
    Bahaha, I agree 100%

10 IRL days for 1 day is insanity and not consistent with our meta at all. Let's move this topic off thread. :-)

Go for it moderator. :-)

48. ISO #98

49. ISO #99

fucking game man.
    I tried to convert you and covertly asked for a sign that it was successful and you gave me one. Then I successfully converted MattZed and asked him for a sign, and he basically told me to fuck off lmao
    That was my way of giving a sign. <_< Didn't want anyone picking up on it and killing my cult leader, so I thought acting like I hated you but not voting you would let you know I'm on your side but can't let the plebs know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    What. You got me. Stop unvoting and stretch my neck, dammit.

50. ISO #100

Take a deep breath and reread the original post.

"I've already mentioned this to blue+'s, the easiest fix wrt activity is increasing day lengths from 48 hours to 72 hours. 72/24."

I'm not telling anyone to do anything. These are suggestions on how to fix issues that I've identified, and that are clearly present. How you take it from there is up to you. I'm not saying to force hosts to do anything. They're just suggestions, you can suggest hosts to think along that same line of thought.

These aren't fighting words that I started out with, and I'm not sure if this continual 1v1 is unnecessarily confrontational in lolcats, if you're generally confused, or whether you genuinely can't identify problems and find solutions.

Again, these are just suggestions! Do as you wish! In fact, I'd encourage you as a staff to spearhead this problem solution. I only bring suggestions for solutions because I care. Don't mistake my passion and 1v1 with hostility in a totally unrelated thread plox. Ty.

It's not a continual 1v1, it's a conversation. I have no emotion invested in this, I am literally just responding with logical statements. I don't see what I have to take a deep breath for. All I am saying is that I don't see what good telling administration that you think increasing day helps activity if you're not expecting us to intervene in host's setups. If players/hosts wanted an increase in day length, they would voice this concern in setup threads. I rarely see someone posting in a setup being like "You should make days 72 hours", ect, because that's not what the majority of our players want. From what I have seen from my time on this site; hosting countless games, playing countless games, overseeing games as FM Judge... I have seen that increasing length of day does have a negative affect on player's will to participate, because they get bored and lose interest. That is what I meant when I said "I'd bet games with shorter days have more posts per hour on our site."

I previously stated this all in a rational way. Not sure why you're blowing this out of proportion, there is no need to get defensive. You stated your opinion, I stated mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    I still couldn't vote Yayap on the reasoning that he never plays here.
    I disagree, Yayap attempts to participate in all major FMs. He is a member of our community and could represent us just fine. That being said, I'd probably still vote for Gerik, because he is one of the only players whose logical arguments & playstyle has ever actually impressed me.

Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    That was my way of giving a sign. <_< Didn't want anyone picking up on it and killing my cult leader, so I thought acting like I hated you but not voting you would let you know I'm on your side but can't let the plebs know.
    You're 100% right. if I took it from that perspective, I would've thought you were Cult and Slaol wasn't. And I would've been more successful lmao.
    Last edited by Cryptonic; March 30th, 2016 at 11:25 AM.