Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. ISO #101

2. ISO #102

3. ISO #103

4. ISO #104

5. ISO #105

Re: Invitation to The Mafia Championship Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    It's not a continual 1v1, it's a conversation. I have no emotion invested in this, I am literally just responding with logical statements. I don't see what I have to take a deep breath for. All I am saying is that I don't see what good telling administration that you think increasing day helps activity if you're not expecting us to intervene in host's setups. If players/hosts wanted an increase in day length, they would voice this concern in setup threads. I rarely see someone posting in a setup being like "You should make days 72 hours", ect, because that's not what the majority of our players want. From what I have seen from my time on this site; hosting countless games, playing countless games, overseeing games as FM Judge... I have seen that increasing length of day does have a negative affect on player's will to participate, because they get bored and lose interest. That is what I meant when I said "I'd bet games with shorter days have more posts per hour on our site."

I previously stated this all in a rational way. Not sure why you're blowing this out of proportion, there is no need to get defensive. You stated your opinion, I stated mine.
    I saw 2 of your posts that misinterpreted what I wanted to say wrt solutions. I had to assume it was either purposeful or an honest misunderstanding.

I can respect your opinion on more of the same, but I'd like something better. I gave you guys more suggestions which I would LOVE to spearhead.

Spoiler : What If? :
    Instead of me dying to mod error in the last FM, Louisiana would have died? I had pegged the scum teams in my notes and announced the majority of scum team before going into the night. In this hypothetical situation, would I have been the MVP? Bear in mind, after I died the game died. I had identified scum and was attempting to pit them against each other to make it obvious to Town. It's a complete 100% hypothetical, but I feel like for the intense effort I gave that game, nothing will ever be known. My notes are mostly all in the notebooks for anyone to look over.

Site improvements aside, can I count on your vote of confidence?

6. ISO #106

If Yayap is still playing then yeah. I was just under the impression he had hardly played a game on our site this last year. He is a sneaky guy. Might be jumping in on secret accounts and such.

Also on hosts, I believe its the host responsibility to create a fun environment for the players. If you have 8 players who are dedicating 4 hours a day to the game and 2 that only play for 5 mins and the play style of those 2 slackers is taking away from the experience of those 8 who are really playing the game I usually expect the host to do something about it. Not to say that they are obligated to. But there are some hosts on our site I will not sign up to play their games because I know they failed to create a fun game for me in the past. When you put it in these terms its kind of logical to support the people in the community that actually dedicate time and effort to the games over those that lurk. The joke thats been going around is 'One of these days there will be a game of all lurkers and the game will be hilarious to watch.' Low contribution players absolutely need those who try in order for the game to happen and be fun. I can speak for myself and others when I say that there have been games I have walked away from frustrated and disappointed because some empty slot was allowed to float through the game. If people want to call that a strategy setups should be modified to allow more policy lynches which would just create a less balanced setup curved for player meta. (This is exactly why SC2 is considered balanced yet when you just put 3 skilled town in the game the scum gets utterly stomped)
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

7. ISO #107

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    I'm not negating it. It's just funny.

I've already mentioned this to blue+'s, the easiest fix wrt activity is increasing day lengths from 48 hours to 72 hours. 72/24.

Honestly, any game requires pushes and vote swaps, and if activity is that low, it's just not realistically possible.
    We're not going to force hosts to increase their day/night length, though. We're not going to make a host change their game in any way, except with suggestions to help balance.

edit: plus, increasing day length does not increase activity. It just allows for more posts to be submitted in 1 day. I'd bet games with shorter days have more posts per hour on our site.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    10 IRL days for 1 day is insanity and not consistent with our meta at all.
    Tried that... Exhibit A: FM22 Day cycle was 1 week long, with day phase mostly on weekends. Game cancelled by host (me) when 50+% were modkilled for inactivity.

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    I still couldn't vote Yayap on the reasoning that he never plays here.
    I disagree, Yayap attempts to participate in all major FMs. He is a member of our community and could represent us just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    If Yayap is still playing then yeah. I was just under the impression he had hardly played a game on our site this last year. He is a sneaky guy. Might be jumping in on secret accounts and such.
    Main FM hosts would know that I'm still around, either helping behind the scenes with setup balancing/mechanics tips or secretly playing. Cryptonic would know since he hosted the last FM. I also participated in the cross community game.

8. ISO #108

I'm going to make a poll thread. Any last minute nominations?
    I love oops

Spoiler : :

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▒▁▁▁▁▁▒▒░░░▒░░░░░░▒░░░░░▒░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░▁▐█▁▐░▒▒▁▐█▁░░░
    ▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▌░░░░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▀▀░░░░▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄██▓▓▌▀░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▄▒░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▄▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄

9. ISO #109

10. ISO #110

11. ISO #111

I nominate:
    Yukitaka Oni,
    Damus_Graves*,
    Plotato,
    Tossangel,
    Psyduck,
    FYRE,
    Takumi,
    mikeu1,
    SilverWolf*,
    oops_ur_dead*,
    Gerik*,
    deathworlds*,
    powerofdeath*,
    Jim,
    Thingyman,
    ThePaladin*,
    RLVG*,
    TheDarkestLight*,
    Gyrlander,
    fred,
    Orpz,
    Toadette,
    Mugy,
    NoctiZ*,
    Mikecall,
    BananaCucho*,
    MattZed,
    Sen*,
    Calix*,
    DarknessB*,
    GoatseOntheCupboard,
    AIVION,
    Marine,
    Frog,
    Helz*,
    Yayap,
    Cryptonic*,
    Brendan,
    SuperJack*,
    ika*,
    Slaol*,
    Firebringer,
    Admiral

12. ISO #112

13. ISO #113

Quote Originally Posted by Yayap View Post
    Tried that... Exhibit A: FM22 Day cycle was 1 week long, with day phase mostly on weekends. Game cancelled by host (me) when 50+% were modkilled for inactivity.

Main FM hosts would know that I'm still around, either helping behind the scenes with setup balancing/mechanics tips or secretly playing. Cryptonic would know since he hosted the last FM. I also participated in the cross community game.
    Yeah. That was a pretty sick game. Your deep wolf play fucked the town up pretty good. You guys killed me N1 but I was following the game. It was utterly painful watching Hevy and Spark float through the days. I still have no clue how Hevy did not get lynched.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

14. ISO #114

15. ISO #115

16. ISO #116

Can we not get fucking shot day 2 this time please

Yayap Gerik or Crypt are the only sensible nominations.

edit: or sas.cnl.alpha may he return from the land of rip.
    Last edited by Elixir; March 30th, 2016 at 05:53 PM.
    Photobucket in 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    if you have elixir to contend with gl hf

17. ISO #117

18. ISO #118

Quote Originally Posted by Yayap View Post
    TheDarkestLight was lynched day 1... he never made it to day 2. The bar isn't set very high, anyone should be able to best that result.
    I blame the lack of skill of the other players. Their reads were God awful and such was proven when I flipped town.
    None can stand against the coming Darkness...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWYCS6k1IOA
    Sometimes, the light can come from the darkest places...

19. ISO #119

I nominate:
    Yukitaka Oni,
    Damus_Graves*,
    Plotato,
    Tossangel,
    Psyduck,
    FYRE,
    Takumi,
    mikeu1,
    SilverWolf*,
    oops_ur_dead*,
    Gerik*,
    deathworlds*,
    powerofdeath*,
    Jim,
    Thingyman,
    ThePaladin*,
    RLVG*,
    TheDarkestLight*,
    Gyrlander,
    fred,
    Orpz,
    Toadette,
    Mugy,
    NoctiZ*,
    Mikecall,
    BananaCucho*,
    MattZed,
    Sen*,
    Calix*,
    DarknessB*,
    GoatseOntheCupboard,
    AIVION,
    Marine,
    Frog,
    Helz*,
    Yayap,
    Cryptonic*,
    Brendan,
    SuperJack*,
    ika*,
    Slaol*,
    Firebringer,
    Admiral
    why do some players have asterisks beside their names?

20. ISO #120

21. ISO #121

Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    Can we not get fucking shot day 2 this time please

Yayap Gerik or Crypt are the only sensible nominations.

edit: or sas.cnl.alpha may he return from the land of rip.
    Do you really think Yayap is sensible? I can't be the only one that remembers PlayMafia ~

Do you really think that seniority makes a player?

22. ISO #122

23. ISO #123

Quote Originally Posted by Slaol View Post
    It's only for major flaws, and primarily when those flaws coincide with a lesser intellect trying to argue with the people in charge about something when they are objectively wrong. Things like the fact that the account "Gerick" isn't a member of our community. You can be mentally retarded and disconnected from reality wanting to make a big deal about defending how stupid you are (or someone that supports that kind of moron-like behavior), or you can correct it to 'Gerik' like a regular person when they get something wrong. Instead of being a whiner, or bitching about things.
    This post was reported by 2 people that shall remain nameless. I would like to make a public statement that it has been edited to remove the part deemed offensive.

24. ISO #124