S-FM 186: Firebringer's Improvised Game
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #1

S-FM 186: Firebringer's Improvised Game

Firebringers Improvised Game
    Setup

Story: There was a long climatic battle years ago, and for some reason people decided to merge, they called themselves "hydras" for whatever reason. They populate the planet now or something. And now they want to play mafia I guess. This is their game or story. Or something. Maybe it is telling of how the events really transpired, I can't be bothered with it.

Players:
    1. Calette (Toadette+Calix)
    2. TheDarkestLight
    3. OrpZedWorlds (Orpz+MattZed+Deathworlds)
    4. Spearheading Female Tank (Gamefreak+Sen+ThePaladin)
    5. Funcall (Funce+Mikecall)
    6. RLVG
    7. Nicolas Cage (SuperJack+MikeU+AVION)
    8. Hell Frog (Frog+Helz)
    9. Empathy17 (Silverwolf+Ika)

Important Events:

Night 1
    Day 2
    Last edited by Firebringer; April 2nd, 2016 at 12:16 PM.
    Don't pet growlithe, he will bite you.

2. ISO #2

Re: S-FM 187: Firebringer's Improvised Game

Day 1:

Player List: Roles GraveYard
    1. Calette
    2. TheDarkestLight
    3. OrpZedWorlds
    4. Spearheading Female Tank
    5. Funcall
    6. RLVG
    7. Nicolas Cage
    8. Hell Frog
    9. Empathy17
    Improvised Town
    Improvised Town
    Improvised Town
    Improvised Town
    Improvised Town
    Improvised Town

Improvised Neutral
    Improvised Mafia
    Improvised Mafia

With 9 Alive, 5 votes to hammer.

Day Ends:

DAYS HOURS MINUTES SECONDS

Side Notes:
    Starting it earlier than planned because I will be busy on the time the countdown had been set to. So added a few extra hours.

Please remember rules on out of game communication. You are of course allowed to talk to hydra partners throughout the game. You cannot talk to anyone else in the game that is not in your hydra outside of the game.
    Last edited by Firebringer; March 31st, 2016 at 12:43 PM.
    Don't pet growlithe, he will bite you.

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

Quote Originally Posted by Empathy17 View Post
    Its a negative utility of our role
    The first school of thought is that you should claim immediately, ideally in your opening post. This ensures that the Cop will not waste an investigation on you. It becomes more likely that you will be lynched or shot by a Vigilante, however; otherwise, it would be too easy for Mafia to fakeclaim Miller as well.

22. ISO #22

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas Cage View Post
    The first school of thought is that you should claim immediately, ideally in your opening post. This ensures that the Cop will not waste an investigation on you. It becomes more likely that you will be lynched or shot by a Vigilante, however; otherwise, it would be too easy for Mafia to fakeclaim Miller as well.
    Being fair, the only reason to claim Miller as your opening post is to have an excuse ready for when you come up as scum. An actual Miller shouldn't be concerned about being checked because no decent townie should be attracting the attention of Cops ever.

<insert paranoia about Jesters and shit>

23. ISO #23

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas Cage View Post
    The way they presented that aspect of their role suggests that it wasn't something they put in at the start. If Firebriner added in a Miller aspect, then that implies that there's at least one investigative role that would be countered by the Miller.

That assumes that they tell the truth, of course. Considering how easy it is for town to lose majority, it can also be a gambit by scum, but I think the first option is more likely. (scum would be somewhat less likely to claim that first thing due to the risk)

24. ISO #24

Quote Originally Posted by Calette View Post
    The way they presented that aspect of their role suggests that it wasn't something they put in at the start. If Firebriner added in a Miller aspect, then that implies that there's at least one investigative role that would be countered by the Miller.

That assumes that they tell the truth, of course. Considering how easy it is for town to lose majority, it can also be a gambit by scum, but I think the first option is more likely. (scum would be somewhat less likely to claim that first thing due to the risk)
    Narrative sounds off there.

Spoiler : spoiler :
    *waves*

25. ISO #25

26. ISO #26

27. ISO #27

28. ISO #28

Quote Originally Posted by Hell Frog View Post
    Narrative sounds off there.

Spoiler : spoiler :
    *waves*
    You need to get an avatar m8

How does it sound off? 6v2v1 means we only have two mislynches.

With that in mind, it's reasonable to assume that high-risk gambits are likely this game. Definitely not the setup to blindly follow a lead in any case.

29. ISO #29

30. ISO #30

31. ISO #31

32. ISO #32

You need to get an avatar m8

How does it sound off? 6v2v1 means we only have two mislynches.

With that in mind, it's reasonable to assume that high-risk gambits are likely this game. Definitely not the setup to blindly follow a lead in any case.
    I agree with the premise of your point. Your perspective seemed 3P.

33. ISO #33

34. ISO #34

35. ISO #35

-vote Calette
    What about my posts pinged you?

Quote Originally Posted by Spearheading Female Tank View Post
    Half-empty glass much? 6v2v1 means we started the game with a 33% chance of hitting scum on D1, and that's without considering analysis.
    I'd rather not overestimate how many mistakes we can afford to make.

36. ISO #36

37. ISO #37

38. ISO #38

Sorry for the curt posts, I was clicking keys on a virtual keyboard instead of typing on an actual keyboard. I'm going to head to the roof, please consider rapid fire everyone currently on right now. It's very good for tone reading.

There are currently 5 users browsing this thread. (5 members and 0 guests)
    Hell Frog, Calette, Empathy17, Firebringer, Nicolas Cage

39. ISO #39

thats cus silver is out and im waiting on her, you can also see where i have put my vote
    Your vote is meaningless without a reason behind it.
    The purpose of hydras is to have many heads working together, not to use other heads' absence as an excuse for being inconsistent.

40. ISO #40

thats cus silver is out and im waiting on her, you can also see where i have put my vote
    Last time I checked, this is a HYDRA game. Kindly use your brain and provide your OWN insight on things instead of relying solely on your partner, thx

Yes, that vote which you have yet to explain.

41. ISO #41

42. ISO #42

Your vote is meaningless without a reason behind it.
    The purpose of hydras is to have many heads working together, not to use other heads' absence as an excuse for being inconsistent.
    sorry but you dont know how hydras work then, the last thing we need is disronsance. i always wait on silver no matter what. she should be aorund shortly for a few mins to talk. its not inconstent at all. anyone should knwo thta when me and silver hdyra that she is the main person

Last time I checked, this is a HYDRA game. Kindly use your brain and provide your OWN insight on things instead of relying solely on your partner, thx

Yes, that vote which you have yet to explain.
    who said i was? we work as a team, i dont have to explain a vote at all. its up for you but your defensiveness of a signle vote is noted

43. ISO #43

44. ISO #44

@Empathy

I think you're quite right. The premise questions regarding the miller option and responses is more likely than not not even indicative.

I wanted your opinion on specific indications that could or couldn't be generated by the questions to get you to think about it further.

As Calette correctly points out, the miller option would necessarily feed into the setup - aka setup speculation discussion.

I think there is quite a lot to take into account regarding the topic of miller, but whether or not miller being indicative of alignment, have to agree with you here.

However discouraging conversation that would organically grow from that, can't disagree with you further.

6 villagers vs. 3 non villagers - the miller option serves to bolster wolves win condition unnecessarily considering the game tilt is already in the wolves favour.

Not only is this option doubtful in general, pending majority of roles being investigative in nature, but to claim the miller option in the first place is kind of hilarious when taking setup spec in the first place.

I'm going to assume it's just weird lynch bait and non-indicative.

However Calette looks very good from this exchange, and you look exceptionally tilting being dismissive in nature.

-vote Empathy17

45. ISO #45

sorry but you dont know how hydras work then, the last thing we need is disronsance. i always wait on silver no matter what. she should be aorund shortly for a few mins to talk. its not inconstent at all. anyone should knwo thta when me and silver hdyra that she is the main person
    Not to sound Rude but... From what We've seen so far, That's a lie.

And that's coming from Nicolas Cage.

46. ISO #46

47. ISO #47

who said i was? we work as a team, i dont have to explain a vote at all. its up for you but your defensiveness of a signle vote is noted
    So you are just going to sheep Silver the entire game? Teams generally require initiative from BOTH players.

Guess that's no different from the usual though.

Wanting a reason for a naked vote =/= defensive and defensive =/= scum tell. Your (implied) reasoning for 'noting' that is flawed.

48. ISO #48

Also gotta love how you voted Calette, yet expect your other head to make up an excuse for that vote. lol
    considering how she will probally agree and can explin better then me? yes silver knows im posting before so im nto doign anything on my own

49. ISO #49

So you are just going to sheep Silver the entire game? Teams generally require initiative from BOTH players.

Guess that's no different from the usual though.

Wanting a reason for a naked vote =/= defensive and defensive =/= scum tell. Your (implied) reasoning for 'noting' that is flawed.
    your discredit only jsutified me endpoint

50. ISO #50