4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

Re: S-FM 185 Some Random Scenario

Quote Originally Posted by Mikecall View Post
    So how is everyone, once you come on .

Anyways, now this has started.

-vote Calix

Lets get this going, so Calix, what do you think about the setup?.
    Time to OMGUS

-vote Mikecall

Man, we should probably come up with more original RVS votes. Makes us hard to read...and that would be terrible ;)

Don't know about you, but I love my 4v2 Day 1 MYLOs...only with three roles that can prevent kills. That is obviously there to help the Jester.

We can't keep track of our actions with Last Wills so we are going to have to crumb our actions somehow in the event that we die. (obviously not going to say how that's accomplished, only that it should be done)

I'll say this now: No shitty gambits please.

Also I have no idea why Town Guy would ever want to Uninvest someone when they could choose to heal or undo any witching instead. How does making someone immune to Mafia/ Jester investigations help us?

Finally (for now) I don't think Town Girls should try to undo a Roleblock. Night actions aren't the by-all-end-all to this game, so slavishly listening to the feedback above all is going to cause problems, especially when you have two Witch-ability roles.

Just because people have multiple actions doesn't mean that they have to be used every night.

Those are my first impressions. I'll be back in a bit to either do more setup spec or jump straight into pedantic 'scum-hunting'. Enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Orpz View Post
    Why'd you leave out the sun emoji? I think it creates a huge sense of tone that is critical for the interpretation of the chat.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM Romeo View Post
    Go fuck yourself in the cucho.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed
    Your accent has ruined medieval fantasy films.

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by Calix View Post
    Time to OMGUS

-vote Mikecall

Man, we should probably come up with more original RVS votes. Makes us hard to read...and that would be terrible ;)

Don't know about you, but I love my 4v2 Day 1 MYLOs...only with three roles that can prevent kills. That is obviously there to help the Jester.

We can't keep track of our actions with Last Wills so we are going to have to crumb our actions somehow in the event that we die. (obviously not going to say how that's accomplished, only that it should be done)

Also I have no idea why Town Guy would ever want to Uninvest someone when they could choose to heal or undo any witching instead. How does making someone immune to Mafia/ Jester investigations help us?

Finally (for now) I don't think Town Girls should try to undo a Roleblock. Night actions aren't the by-all-end-all to this game, so slavishly listening to the feedback above all is going to cause problems, especially when you have two Witch-ability roles.

Just because people have multiple actions doesn't mean that they have to be used every night.

Those are my first impressions. I'll be back in a bit to either do more setup spec or jump straight into pedantic 'scum-hunting'. Enjoy!
    But I wonder if you will pick up the new playstyle I am attempting ;),

But on the other hand, its rather 4v1v1 with the potential of jester have the capability of preventing the town and the mafia from winning, I would say we would have to narrow down potentially who could be the jester girl and see for ourselves what the invests might supply with at night.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarknessB View Post
    Not even Mikecall reads Mikecall as Town. :)

8. ISO #8

But on the other hand, its rather 4v1v1 with the potential of jester have the capability of preventing the town and the mafia from winning, I would say we would have to narrow down potentially who could be the jester girl and see for ourselves what the invests might supply with at night.
    But to add to my point, I would suggest for a no lynch, this is because if we do a lynch, we are prone to going into lylo suituation in which would put us in a bad position.

9. ISO #9

New as in, 'three shades of scum that Mikecall calls playstyle variations' or have you added a fourth flavour?

If there's one thing that can unite town and mafia, it's jester-hunting. I'm not going to discuss what the jester will do (don't want to tip them off, after all) so let's save the speculating on mafia/ jester strategy until we have more clues.
    Why'd you leave out the sun emoji? I think it creates a huge sense of tone that is critical for the interpretation of the chat.

10. ISO #10

But to add to my point, I would suggest for a no lynch, this is because if we do a lynch, we are prone to going into lylo suituation in which would put us in a bad position.
    Your proposal of No-Lynching when the game hasn't even breached its first hour (thus weakening the power of pressure votes) is scummy. Why would you bring this up now?

11. ISO #11

Your proposal of No-Lynching when the game hasn't even breached its first hour (thus weakening the power of pressure votes) is scummy. Why would you bring this up now?
    I rather bring this up to mind because if we did continue with voting someone off, having a 4/6 chance of it being town and 1 or 2 chance of it being scum, continuing with the lynch would be more devastating in a 2v1v1 suituation.

12. ISO #12

New as in, 'three shades of scum that Mikecall calls playstyle variations' or have you added a fourth flavour?

If there's one thing that can unite town and mafia, it's jester-hunting. I'm not going to discuss what the jester will do (don't want to tip them off, after all) so let's save the speculating on mafia/ jester strategy until we have more clues.
    For your first point, "Its Fifth".

For your second point, I semi agree with this, the only thing I dont like is how you are saying leaving the mafia / jester strategy for later, why not work on this now? seems a bit scummy in my opinion.

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

-Insert Introductory Post Here-

Ya'll fuckas be cray cray, thinking this is Mylo, that suggests that the Mafia and Jester can work together.

They can't.

Look at the Jester Win condition.

Jester Girl wins by getting herself lynched, ruining the game and prevent anyone else to win.

Why would the Mafia ever work with the Jester because of this?

Also, even if that wasn't the case, it's impossible for the jester to win with the Mafia unless the town gamethrows at the end.

Lets say we lynch a town today...

We have at least one townie who can stop a kill, potentially two, so that kill has a good chance of failing.

But let's say it goes through.

2v1v1.

The Jester and Mafia won't work together, if they did that instantly reveals the Jester and he can't win unless both the Mafioso and the town gamethrow. At that point the Jester HAS to get a town lynched, but since he and the Mafioso don't have a majority he'd have to act like a townperson to accomplish said mislynch and then hope that the last town is a guy who unkills him and he has to unkill the last town in hopes that he can trick both the town and mafia into voting him, or he can just try to outscum the mafioso that day to get himself lynched, which I get the feeling the Mafioso won't vote to do if he suspects the person is the Jester.

Yeah, that's super unreasonable. I'm pretty sure that unless the Jester is lynched today he won't win this game.

Not to mention the fact that I'm pretty sure a single night of night actions is all we need to clean this game up.
    None can stand against the coming Darkness...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWYCS6k1IOA
    Sometimes, the light can come from the darkest places...

18. ISO #18

For your first point, "Its Fifth".

For your second point, I semi agree with this, the only thing I dont like is how you are saying leaving the mafia / jester strategy for later, why not work on this now? seems a bit scummy in my opinion.
    Why would we ever want to coach the scum on optimal strategy? Let the scum flounder around like the plebeians they are while town can make themselves obvious for POE purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkestLight View Post
    -Insert Introductory Post Here-

Ya'll fuckas be cray cray, thinking this is Mylo, that suggests that the Mafia and Jester can work together.
    I said it was MYLO because if we don't lynch the Mafia today, we will have to rely on the Jester's vote to get the majority needed (unless they die) so that doesn't sit well with me.

Mafia's win condition requires the Jester to be night-killed, lol. That's no walk in the park either.

(I have read the rest of your post and I agree that the night actions taken will be important to log.)

19. ISO #19

Game Mechanic :
    • Day and nights last 48 hours and players may talk in both of them.
    • Game starts on Day 1.
    • Night can be shortened by 24 hours, only if majority requests so by voting the host.*
    Also I just noticed this.

I am going to be OP this game.

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

Why would we ever want to coach the scum on optimal strategy? Let the scum flounder around like the plebeians they are while town can make themselves obvious for POE purposes.

I said it was MYLO because if we don't lynch the Mafia today, we will have to rely on the Jester's vote to get the majority needed (unless they die) so that doesn't sit well with me.

Mafia's win condition requires the Jester to be night-killed, lol. That's no walk in the park either.

(I have read the rest of your post and I agree that the night actions taken will be important to log.)
    I don't personally agree with hiding strategy, as anyone with half a brain could come up with said plans. It takes a little more brainpower to come up with a counterplan, and we need to work together on those. There is no reason to be hiding anything at all.

Also, it's not hard to get said jester's vote, and also like I said, we have a potential for three heals if the Jester decides to heal, which would be optimal for him as he needs a larger town to get lynched, but it's also optimal for us.

Really this game is pretty straight forward.

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23

I don't personally agree with hiding strategy, as anyone with half a brain could come up with said plans. It takes a little more brainpower to come up with a counterplan, and we need to work together on those. There is no reason to be hiding anything at all.

Also, it's not hard to get said jester's vote, and also like I said, we have a potential for three heals if the Jester decides to heal, which would be optimal for him as he needs a larger town to get lynched, but it's also optimal for us.

Really this game is pretty straight forward.
    I vaguely recall someone, I cannot remember who, telling me abut the intelligence of the sc2mafia playerbase. If only I could remember who that person was

I don't know what type of strategy you refer to, but if you mean 'let's tell the scum how to act in the day chat', then no, there is absolutely no good reason to be coaching them in the interests of 'full disclosure'. The end.

If you're referring to night actions, then I agree that it doesn't take a genius to figure out those. However (as I learnt) we have a night chat. Why not save the serious talk about night actions until then? We will have information (from day chat or/ and lynch) that will better inform us. I think we should postpone dwelling on this in too much detail and try to pinpoint everyone's alignment first.

24. ISO #24

Quote Originally Posted by Sen View Post
    Can we not turn this into yet another game where people spam about mechanics all day long without doing any actual analysis?
    Perhaps you should check your own posts first before you criticise anyone else's. Why do you think Mikecall has the potential to be scummy?

25. ISO #25

26. ISO #26

Perhaps you should check your own posts first before you criticise anyone else's. Why do you think Mikecall has the potential to be scummy?
    Because I'm that good and you know it. Don't make me explain things before they achieve their desired effect.

27. ISO #27

Calix is Town Guy.
    You are trying to be as scummy as possible. Interesting.

28. ISO #28

29. ISO #29

Piss off. How is saying you are town scummy?
    Now Sen attempts to throw off Calix with feigned anger.

If you wanted to say I was town, you wouldn't have felt the need to announce my potential role alongside it.

30. ISO #30

I vaguely recall someone, I cannot remember who, telling me abut the intelligence of the sc2mafia playerbase. If only I could remember who that person was

I don't know what type of strategy you refer to, but if you mean 'let's tell the scum how to act in the day chat', then no, there is absolutely no good reason to be coaching them in the interests of 'full disclosure'. The end.

If you're referring to night actions, then I agree that it doesn't take a genius to figure out those. However (as I learnt) we have a night chat. Why not save the serious talk about night actions until then? We will have information (from day chat or/ and lynch) that will better inform us. I think we should postpone dwelling on this in too much detail and try to pinpoint everyone's alignment first.
    There's stupid and then there's helpless, the people here aren't the latter.

Also, telling them how to act in day chat is useful actually, because if they follow it then it's quite obvious what's happening.

And talk about alignments, alright, sure, who would you label as Mafia and Jester so far? Sure not much has been posted, but still, based on the limited info so far.

31. ISO #31

Are you scum, Mikecall? ):
    -vote Mikecall
    I see you didnt read my comment before about playstyle

And the way you just justify me being scum, I want to hear more from you,

-vote Sen

Also I have noticed, you didnt take note from my question I said before. Very interesting indeed.

32. ISO #32

33. ISO #33

I see you didnt read my comment before about playstyle

And the way you just justify me being scum, I want to hear more from you,

-vote Sen

Also I have noticed, you didnt take note from my question I said before. Very interesting indeed.
    I've never justified you being scum. What are you talking about?
    As for your question, i already said I'm not gonna spend the day discussing mechanics. We're here to scumhunt.

34. ISO #34

There's stupid and then there's helpless, the people here aren't the latter.

Also, telling them how to act in day chat is useful actually, because if they follow it then it's quite obvious what's happening.

And talk about alignments, alright, sure, who would you label as Mafia and Jester so far? Sure not much has been posted, but still, based on the limited info so far.
    Just you wait if secondpleb is scum, lol.

Coaching is never a good thing. That allows them to know what town's expectations for scummy behaviour are and come up with counter-plans. The only thing I'm telling the scum is who I think the Jester is.

Sen is typing in very short, blunt posts and he's resorting to 'anger' quicker than he usually does. Either Jester or Mafia/ Town WIFOM-ing Jester...for reasons...from his current posts. I don't know if the Mafia Guy has logged on yet as nobody is giving me that vibe.

What about you?

35. ISO #35

I've never justified you being scum. What are you talking about?
    As for your question, i already said I'm not gonna spend the day discussing mechanics. We're here to scumhunt.
    Exhibit A: Watch him posture about scum-hunting, meanwhile doing no scum-hunting.

36. ISO #36

37. ISO #37

38. ISO #38

You got me, I'm the Jester. Now remove that vote, Mikecall.
    Considering that the Mafia can just night-kill you

...and that's diverting the kill from the Jester if you're WIFOM-ing as town

...and if you don't die you just look like a Mafia member, thus ensuring that the Mafia has to kill you if you're not Mafia

...I can't see the advantages to this play.

39. ISO #39

You got me, I'm the Jester. Now remove that vote, Mikecall.
    And you would blatantly reveal this early, you do forget I am still sticking with my no lynch moto. Just wanted to see how you would react.

40. ISO #40

And you would blatantly reveal this early, you do forget I am still sticking with my no lynch moto. Just wanted to see how you would react.
    Mikecall is sticking to his guns? I'm proud :')

What alignment do you think Sen is the most likely to be and why?

41. ISO #41

42. ISO #42

Mikecall is sticking to his guns? I'm proud :')

What alignment do you think Sen is the most likely to be and why?
    Probably knowing him, either a person who would want to divert attention away from himself, giving a hunch, hes probably either the mafia member or potentially one of the town.

Wouldnt class him as the jester unless hes trying some WIFOM to get himself lynched, and I aint buying it.

43. ISO #43

Can we not turn this into yet another game where people spam about mechanics all day long without doing any actual analysis?
    Game mechanics are equally as important as scum hunting, allowing for further analysis on how we can approach this game. Thats whats fun about the game.

44. ISO #44

Just you wait if secondpleb is scum, lol.

Coaching is never a good thing. That allows them to know what town's expectations for scummy behaviour are and come up with counter-plans. The only thing I'm telling the scum is who I think the Jester is.

Sen is typing in very short, blunt posts and he's resorting to 'anger' quicker than he usually does. Either Jester or Mafia/ Town WIFOM-ing Jester...for reasons...from his current posts. I don't know if the Mafia Guy has logged on yet as nobody is giving me that vibe.

What about you?
    It allows deeper insight, and I'm unsure of what you mean by "Wait for SP to be scum". Is SP super bad?

45. ISO #45

Game mechanics are equally as important as scum hunting, allowing for further analysis on how we can approach this game. Thats whats fun about the game.
    I'm not saying they aren't important. My issue is that there's been a late trend of trying to leave the whole game up to night actions, and that's boring as fuck. Right now we could probably break this if we wanted to.

46. ISO #46

I'm not saying they aren't important. My issue is that there's been a late trend of trying to leave the whole game up to night actions, and that's boring as fuck. Right now we could probably break this if we wanted to.
    We could, but we also got the chance of wrongly killing town or killing jester, being the probability of 4/6 for town, and 2/6 for scum.

47. ISO #47

We could, but we also got the chance of wrongly killing town or killing jester, being the probability of 4/6 for town, and 2/6 for scum.
    Hence why night actions are sigularily important, since it can confirm or not confirm an individual for being scum, yes we can get a lot from discussion, which is very adviceable, however, to backup cases, leaving a night can be a lot more helpful in the long run. Considering even if a town dies, we would already be in a good position with some information regarding actions.

48. ISO #48

I'd agree if this was a game of chance. It is not; that's why we have a chat.

And the chances of lynching a Jester would be exactly 0% if we attempt to focus on nothing but mechanics; in the best possible scenarion, we'd bave a 33% chance of winning d1. In the worts, we'd simply go with a no-lynch and no biggie. Anyway, this is exactly what I don't want this game to turn into.

-vote secondpassing

49. ISO #49

50. ISO #50

Time to OMGUS

-vote Mikecall

I find setup speculation to be kind of useless since the setup is rather simple. I probably should be doing something myself since I probably got something wrong, should be cleared with a re-reading. I also think I've found Calix's role.