• Frozen Angel (William Reed)

6 46.15%
  • Mikecall (Clara Wilson)

0 0%
  • Apocist (Joseph Johnson)

0 0%
  • Timetrx (Walter Livingston)

1 7.69%
  • Secondpassing (Ethel McAllister, Clarence Shephard)

0 0%
  • powerofdeath (Florence Palmer)

1 7.69%
  • Helz (Harry Smith)

1 7.69%
  • Damus_Graves (Mary Hughes)

0 0%
  • ThePaladin (Fred Robinson)

1 7.69%
  • Silverwolf (Gertrude Banks)

0 0%
  • AIVION (Thomas Grant)

0 0%
Page 1 of 62 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #1

M-FM XXVIII Heaven Descends Upon Thee Gamethread

DAY ONE.
    August the Twenty-Third, in the Year of Our Lord, One-Thousand, Nine-hundred, Twenty-Four

"Therefore you also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect." - the Book of Matthew, 24:44

It was the day the faithful had prepared for. After nearly 1,900 years of waiting patiently, their savior had returned. For weeks, there had been reports of a man walking on the surface of Lake Erie, but nothing yet had been confirmed. The faithful, however, believed.

An anonymous skeptic, editor-in-chief of the Cleavland Enquirer, was running article after article dismissing these claims: "Drunken Sailors Hallucinate on Lake Erie," "Walking-on-Water (WoW) Hoax Exposed," "No Scientific Evidence of Jesus' Return."

However, it was not only the faithful who noticed that the End of Days were beginning. The vile scum of the Earth held their heads too high to be judged and made other plans for Judgement Day. Agents of Evil had even more sinister plans; perhaps the prophecies were not as set in stone as they would have you believe.

May fate have mercy on your souls. Perhaps next time you will choose to believe in superior gods. *ahem*

Last edited by Ra; March 5th, 2016 at 02:27 PM.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: MFM XXVI Heaven Descends Upon Thee

For the moment, I believe we should bobby a shufty more in depth at the setup to c what is interesting and maybe some insights 4 setup speculation. I will say I dinnae examine the setup to much beforehand so a few things I find interesting r the special mechanics. Considering the usage of "sins', I think therefore that at least two players hae some kind of role that makes em sin but r still with the town. If not more. I don't know what else to make of it, but I believe four hidden Christians will be power roles of some sort at most and rest will be devouts, this relying on persistent site meta.

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Bertha Anderson View Post
    For the moment, I believe we should bobby a shufty more in depth at the setup to c what is interesting and maybe some insights 4 setup speculation. I will say I dinnae examine the setup to much beforehand so a few things I find interesting r the special mechanics. Considering the usage of "sins', I think therefore that at least two players hae some kind of role that makes em sin but r still with the town. If not more. I don't know what else to make of it, but I believe four hidden Christians will be power roles of some sort at most and rest will be devouts, this relying on persistent site meta.
    Let us keep in mind that this is an approximation that we assume hosts would make for balance and shot be stuck to as a good reason for lynching particularly.

-vote M-FM Joseph Johnson

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Fred Robinson View Post
    Let us keep in mind that this is an approximation that we assume hosts would make for balance and shot be stuck to as a good reason for lynching particularly.

-vote M-FM Joseph Johnson
    What r y'r thoughts on the prayer mechanic in this game?
    For reference:
    Pray to Him: At night, instead of performing an action you may pray for any of the following things, unless you are "sinful"

Forgiveness: You are no longer marked as "sinful" (the only prayer a sinful can pray for)

Willpower: Replenish 1 charge of an action you have

Blessing: For 3 day/night cycles, your actions will not be considered sinful

Protection: You can not die the following night

Strength: You may roleblock someone the following night

9. ISO #9

What r y'r thoughts on the prayer mechanic in this game?
    For reference:
    Hmm, It's very interesting.
    We must keep in mind that God can choose to or choose not to answer these prayers.

Do you believe that there are any prayer's that god should/shouldn't always be answered?

From my brief re-read of the setup. I don't see a reason for god not answering the Protection player unless we have someone saying they are going to shoot a particular person as vigi. I also don't see a real reason to.

God should also be very careful about accepting a forgiveness prayer then another prayer by the same person since I assume his number list won't be randomized each time.

Do you think that there is a scenario where god could find out all the evils based on prayers?

For example. We could each say what we would pray each night then based on if there is less than that number in an area that god recieves, we can confidently say that there is probably an evil in that group.

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

We must keep in mind that God can choose to or choose not to answer these prayers.

Do you believe that there are any prayer's that god should/shouldn't always be answered?

From my brief re-read of the setup. I don't see a reason for god not answering the Protection player unless we have someone saying they are going to shoot a particular person as vigi. I also don't see a real reason to.

God should also be very careful about accepting a forgiveness prayer then another prayer by the same person since I assume his number list won't be randomized each time.

Do you think that there is a scenario where god could find out all the evils based on prayers?

For example. We could each say what we would pray each night then based on if there is less than that number in an area that god recieves, we can confidently say that there is probably an evil in that group.
    Given there r only so many charges of the ability I would consider not granting the ability to roleblock players. It could be beneficial massively, but the fact it is a delayed wish and could block a town power, it could be a double edged sword where as Blessing and Protection r not. I agree with yeh on most protection, but he still should save charges throughout game, limiting number of prayers answered is dogs bollocks. I think those who ask 4 blessing prayers might be a little scummy in my view of whats its benefits are.

13. ISO #13

Considering the amount of anti town citizen type rolecards in this game, its possible my assumption of only four town power might be orf. Could be up to maybe even six as I try to think about it.
    I believe that discussing the host meta choices in the amount of tprs more isn't beneficial and will only cause wifoming later on.
    The best possible thing we could say is if we get many of the same claim, there may be a scum within them, but even that can be wrong.

14. ISO #14

I believe that discussing the host meta choices in the amount of tprs more isn't beneficial and will only cause wifoming later on.
    The best possible thing we could say is if we get many of the same claim, there may be a scum within them, but even that can be wrong.
    I was not using a host meta, I was simply considering how ye would balance the game more if ye wanted to put in more town power. For instance if ye wanted more town power ye need to add more negative utility roles that weaken the town, which is where some of the Citizen type roles come in.

15. ISO #15

Quote Originally Posted by setup
    Pray to Him: At night, instead of performing an action you may pray for any of the following things, unless you are "sinful"

Forgiveness: You are no longer marked as "sinful" (the only prayer a sinful can pray for)
    Does this mean a non-sinful person could pray the forgiveness prayer?

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

My first thought is that No, as I can't fancy why a blok who isn't sinful pray for forgiveness. I have to take another gander at the setup but I don't recant a scum non sinful player

18. ISO #18

If so, God needs to be very wary of answering forgiveness prayers, but at the same time this would allow us to potentially narrow down scum easier.

For example if we named certain people were supposed to pray forgiveness and no one else, this could potentially be used to force a no-kill or scum reveal on the prime sinner's kill ability if tested for multiple nights in a row. However in such a case, god should not answer these prayers. This combined with the numbers of other prayers that should be prayed can be used to artificially root out scum who made a night action or the Atheists and Antichrist factions that Cannot pray if used over multiple nights.

Perhaps it would be best to follow this strategy over the first few days.
    If we change out who prays what each day then we could certainly artificially determine a list of scummy people if god makes a sheet keeping track of each number to their prayers since I am currently unsure if god should should reveal each day to update this information.

Thank you Mr.Anderson for reminding me that there are charges of god's answer ability. I originally thought he had much more than 30.

Could someone clarify how god's disguise mechanic works?
    Does that mean if he is shot, the player shot would flip as the disguiser players role, and god gets login info of the disguised players account and begins using that?

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

If so, God needs to be very wary of answering forgiveness prayers, but at the same time this would allow us to potentially narrow down scum easier.

For example if we named certain people were supposed to pray forgiveness and no one else, this could potentially be used to force a no-kill or scum reveal on the prime sinner's kill ability if tested for multiple nights in a row. However in such a case, god should not answer these prayers. This combined with the numbers of other prayers that should be prayed can be used to artificially root out scum who made a night action or the Atheists and Antichrist factions that Cannot pray if used over multiple nights.

Perhaps it would be best to follow this strategy over the first few days.
    If we change out who prays what each day then we could certainly artificially determine a list of scummy people if god makes a sheet keeping track of each number to their prayers since I am currently unsure if god should should reveal each day to update this information.

Thank you Mr.Anderson for reminding me that there are charges of god's answer ability. I originally thought he had much more than 30.

Could someone clarify how god's disguise mechanic works?
    Does that mean if he is shot, the player shot would flip as the disguiser players role, and god gets login info of the disguised players account and begins using that?
    Although even if a nonsinful person cannot, this provides us with other benefits such as people lieing about performing sinful actions and merely making it slightly more difficult although just as accurate to artifically determine the scum who have a record of not praying even if it's a single time and if they do pray that forces them to do no night action including the factional kill i'm assuming.

Either way it appears to be a win-win.

22. ISO #22

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Ethel McAllister View Post
    Had some minor problems with this account, got distracted while fixing them so yeah. Also I took the time to ask some questions to the host (mostly regarding account stuff).

But yes I'm here. Glad to see that the day started with less of the you know what.
    if I may repeat what I previously asked, what are your thoughts on setup so far if you took any peeks at it. If you were scum which prayer would you ask for tonight perhaps?

23. ISO #23

Although even if a nonsinful person cannot, this provides us with other benefits such as people lieing about performing sinful actions and merely making it slightly more difficult although just as accurate to artifically determine the scum who have a record of not praying even if it's a single time and if they do pray that forces them to do no night action including the factional kill i'm assuming.

However, this is also at the cost of town choosing not to perform their night actions if they have them and praying(aka cooperation from most if not all town members if we want guaranteed scum lynches going off past a certain day) I also haven't ran the odds to determine the minimal and maximum day where this strategy can give us a guaranteed scum lynch, but I believe we could probably start lynching on high probability by at least d4.

24. ISO #24

Those who perform a prayer are immediately unlikely to be a town power role as well. I don't consider town power to be worried about being seen as "sinful"

25. ISO #25

I believe we should not be talking about what prayers God will answer. Unless our God is not all known praise the Almighty bow down and respect him God. He should be able to figure out who is needing what sorts of blessings.

I see nothing wrong with the forgiveness prayer. True, the protection prayer has it's uses but the forgiveness prayer is good too. Maybe I will pray for forgiveness of my sins. Aren't we all sinners in real life? But now my name is Ethel, a mostly pure woman.

God will not be able to find evils with only prayers, thats absurd. I do encourage God to try- the Almighty knowing all seer of the future to win us this game.

There are many players, and many prayers. I doubt in the ability to count. True, yes?

26. ISO #26

I believe we should not be talking about what prayers God will answer. Unless our God is not all known praise the Almighty bow down and respect him God. He should be able to figure out who is needing what sorts of blessings.

I see nothing wrong with the forgiveness prayer. True, the protection prayer has it's uses but the forgiveness prayer is good too. Maybe I will pray for forgiveness of my sins. Aren't we all sinners in real life? But now my name is Ethel, a mostly pure woman.

God will not be able to find evils with only prayers, thats absurd. I do encourage God to try- the Almighty knowing all seer of the future to win us this game.

There are many players, and many prayers. I doubt in the ability to count. True, yes?
    Forgiveness seems mostly useful 4 those whose actions don't want to be seen. I don't c a huge benefit 2 using it when thou consider the cost of a charge from god.

27. ISO #27

Oh great Lord of the Sun, could you please provide us with a link to the setup in your beginning post.
    Yes, please!!
    I say we pressure a player I saw on a few minutes ago who didn't even pop in for a RVS:
    -vote M-FM Mary Hughes
    , I encourage others to be joining in on this.
    This seems as good a place to start as any.
    -vote M-FM Bertha Anderson

Now to go read more of the set-up.

28. ISO #28

if I may repeat what I previously asked, what are your thoughts on setup so far if you took any peeks at it. If you were scum which prayer would you ask for tonight perhaps?
    I haven't thought about this question (not much at least, I'm inclined to pray for forgiveness before setup reading). Now that I have, and assuming I was scum, I would pray for either blessing, strength, or protection. I wish not to discuss why I would consider the first two, however, I think many players will pray for protection.

Now I have to figure out whether or not people should or should not "no-pray".

29. ISO #29

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Gertrude Banks View Post
    Yes, please!!

This seems as good a place to start as any.
    -vote M-FM Bertha Anderson

Now to go read more of the set-up.
    Fancy that, want to add anything to the current discussion of the setup we have been analyzing recently? How about answering this question: If you were scum what prayer would you find most useful?

30. ISO #30

I haven't thought about this question (not much at least, I'm inclined to pray for forgiveness before setup reading). Now that I have, and assuming I was scum, I would pray for either blessing, strength, or protection. I wish not to discuss why I would consider the first two, however, I think many players will pray for protection.

Scum are probably more likely to no prayer to not attract attention, that isn't to say they won't ever pray. But I don't think they will pray as much as a town player will. They may attempt it once or twice in game, but this is simply my theory. Praying in of itself isn't scummy, but it is kind of a trail to actions and events that took place.

31. ISO #31

Of course the obvious problem is determining who would determine which players pray what.

I see five main methods.
    Spoiler : _ :

1: We vote for a player to choose this using a different color tag and name for easy searching such as
    -D1Leader name here
    -D2Leader name here
    etc.

2: We get someone to record a video of themself using a rng generator and it choosing a number. I believe that this is within rules since videos are allowed and it wouldn't be linking to any outside websites.

3:We do the above with a rng generator for each persons prayer; although I do not think this is really pratical given the video size neeeded.

4.We each do our own rng generator and/or (just) say what we will pray during the day.

5.We find an algorithm/equation that we all agree to abide by that would automatically determine each persons prayer for each night that has a fair degree of *randomtivity* to it for our purposes*
    For example on d1 we each use our number.
    Then d2 we all use our number +50
    D3=number+100

Then we plug those numbers into the algorithm.
    We could even select a player say out this list near day end or start and then another to validate that what they said was correct. Each player would also have the ability to check for themselves using a simple online calculator.

I personally like number 5 best since it should have the least amount of player manipulation involved.

32. ISO #32

Mr Robinson that requires every player perform no action for the first night. Which might be beneficial to town because any person who didn't at least attempt to perform a prayer would likely be outted, I am not as sure about if we can coordinate such a feat. Though I definitely like the idea.

33. ISO #33

Re-reviewing the setup, I am lead to imagine praying for protection somewhat of a horrific town move.
    Prayer is the last in the night OoOs, which means a town player fearing for their life that night cannot be saved by God. There may be a way for God to safely co-ordinate town actions to prevent these situations in this setup but I have not devised a way to do so.

34. ISO #34

Re-reviewing the setup, I am lead to imagine praying for protection somewhat of a horrific town move.
    Prayer is the last in the night OoOs, which means a town player fearing for their life that night cannot be saved by God. There may be a way for God to safely co-ordinate town actions to prevent these situations in this setup but I have not devised a way to do so.
    Protection is a delayed action as is the Roleblock. Both I find not as useful, but Roleblock is likely more anti town than the protection one.

35. ISO #35

Scum are probably more likely to no prayer to not attract attention, that isn't to say they won't ever pray. But I don't think they will pray as much as a town player will. They may attempt it once or twice in game, but this is simply my theory. Praying in of itself isn't scummy, but it is kind of a trail to actions and events that took place.
    If we assume no gambits, most of town prayers will be protection/roleblock. Scum prayers will be the same, however, they will pray even less since I feel they will want to use their night actions. Knowing this, we can re-think that scum prayers will be gambits and special.

36. ISO #36

Of course the obvious problem is determining who would determine which players pray what.

I see five main methods.

1: We vote for a player to choose this using a different color tag and name for easy searching such as
    -D1Leader name here
    -D2Leader name here
    etc.

2: We get someone to record a video of themself using a rng generator and it choosing a number. I believe that this is within rules since videos are allowed and it wouldn't be linking to any outside websites.

3:We do the above with a rng generator for each persons prayer; although I do not think this is really pratical given the video size neeeded.

4.We each do our own rng generator and/or (just) say what we will pray during the day.

5.We find an algorithm/equation that we all agree to abide by that would automatically determine each persons prayer for each night that has a fair degree of *randomtivity* to it for our purposes*
    D3=number+100

We could even select a player say out this list near day end or start and then another to validate that what they said was correct. Each player would also have the ability to check for themselves using a simple online calculator.

I personally like number 5 best since it should have the least amount of player manipulation involved.
    When I first read this I thought of the negative possible consequences for following this plan, of a potential use of scum to disable the town from performing any other actions while they do their actions, but the more I have thought about it, it comes from a strong town mind set, Fred Robinson is definitely a strong town read right now. If no one can see the motivation from him from this, I don't know what else a player would need.

37. ISO #37

If we assume no gambits, most of town prayers will be protection/roleblock. Scum prayers will be the same, however, they will pray even less since I feel they will want to use their night actions. Knowing this, we can re-think that scum prayers will be gambits and special.
    I just want to point out, that if we attempt to enact a plan, a town should and NEVER should. Play a gambit. That will be seen as scrote regardless. I dae not want someone doing some heavily anti town move and going back and calling it some WIFOM gambit play. I will be the first to push a lynch down their throat.

38. ISO #38

Mr Robinson that requires every player perform no action for the first night. Which might be beneficial to town because any person who didn't at least attempt to perform a prayer would likely be outted, I am not as sure about if we can coordinate such a feat. Though I definitely like the idea.
    Ahh. I believe given that town starts with 13 players.
    2 of which are the equivalent of unkillable.
    God would already know Jesus and could easily determine his number by the second day of prayers.
    God wouldn't have a number since he doesn't pray to himself.

Out of unknowns
    we would have 11town prayers mixed in with 4sinners(who can pray) and 3 players who cannot ever pray(atheist, antichrist, and apostate of satan).

It's even possible that we could determine all 3 non-prayer capable roles at the beginning of d2 if we are extremely lucky.

I believe if we can get all town to go along with this. We are pratically guaranteed a win since the scum would be unable to do anything or if they did they would be outed as scum within 2 days.

@Bertha Anderson
    I know that roleblocking is something they creates problems. However even with that there will either be a common theme of a player being roleblocked and another player not praying(creating a dichotomy either by mechanics or by 2 players claiming different positions). I also do not believe that roleblocking unless it is in masse and manages to hit 3or more town could cause a big enough change in the praying routines to cause this strategy to end up causing town to no longer having the ,probably ,guaranteed win by following it.

39. ISO #39

I see five main methods.

-D1Leader name here
    -D2Leader name here
    etc.

D3=number+100

While I am currently in support of this plan, I will not agree to it just yet. Currently I am reviewing the setup once more, particularly for those who can/cannot sin. Since the bus driver visits himself everynight, any bus driver is always sinful.

So
    1. bus driver is always sinful
    2. Atheists cannot pray
    3. Antichrists cannot pray

Thus doesn't it seem like everyone should pray?

40. ISO #40

41. ISO #41

If anyone can point out a flaw large enough in this plan,for this to not win town the game in almost all if not all scenarios ,given all that I have stated please say so.

Otherwise I believe we should follow it.

I request that everyone express their willingness or unwillingness to follow it.
    As well as the reason why especially if you are unwilling.

If you are unwilling and cannot show how this does not guarantee or almost not guarantee townt he game, I see no reason to read you as anything other than scum who's trying to obstruct a guaranteed win from town.

@Ethel, to pray means you also forsake your night action which also includes factional kill I'm assuming.

Also where are you seeing that the busdriver is always sinful?
    There is no yellow(sinful) text in his role. And I fail to see how when him praying and visiting himself causing problems.

42. ISO #42

43. ISO #43

Also, I find this vote incredibly scummy.
    -vote M-FM Gertrude Banks
    I always consider voting an active player better than say voting a player not even here better. It creates more discussion and gets reactions, so I would consider the vote more town. But if that is all they do and won't explain it later its just a post to get attention. I would prefer a train on Mary right now considering they were here earlier and didn't comment.

44. ISO #44

Ahh. I believe given that town starts with 13 players.
    2 of which are the equivalent of unkillable.
    God would already know Jesus and could easily determine his number by the second day of prayers.
    God wouldn't have a number since he doesn't pray to himself.

Out of unknowns
    we would have 11town prayers mixed in with 4sinners(who can pray) and 3 players who cannot ever pray(atheist, antichrist, and apostate of satan).

It's even possible that we could determine all 3 non-prayer capable roles at the beginning of d2 if we are extremely lucky.

I believe if we can get all town to go along with this. We are pratically guaranteed a win since the scum would be unable to do anything or if they did they would be outed as scum within 2 days.

@Bertha Anderson
    I know that roleblocking is something they creates problems. However even with that there will either be a common theme of a player being roleblocked and another player not praying(creating a dichotomy either by mechanics or by 2 players claiming different positions). I also do not believe that roleblocking unless it is in masse and manages to hit 3or more town could cause a big enough change in the praying routines to cause this strategy to end up causing town to no longer having the ,probably ,guaranteed win by following it.
    I really do not think a player should pray for a roleblock, or use it if they got the wish.
    Can a player pray for a roleblock and then not perform it the next night? And does the roleblock count as their action for the night or could they perform another?

45. ISO #45

46. ISO #46

After re-reading all the roles.

The only evil roles that I can see which do not directly change faction-allignment and will cause a player to be sinful who's not scum.

Is the prostitute's roleblock ability.
    And potentially the antichrist can cause a player to not pray or pray improperly for 1night.
    However even with both of these in mind. It shouldn't be enough especially when considered that the prostitute cannot roleblock and pray, and then must also pray forgiveness before praying any other prayer she is assigned(this should out her very quickly if she didn't claim; and if she did claim escort we could lynch her for not following the plan and therefore being pro-scum; if she claimed roleblocked and prayed we also can determine whether she is or not based on the amount of people who prayed and whether there was a kill or ).

And I fail to see how the antichrist can make us do more than 1 mislynch by using his ability repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by setup
    Vote will only be counted at days end and miday, lynching the person if that has 51% of the votes on him.
    Does this statement mean that lynches are not forced?
    If lynches are not forced we can merely let this plan play out till we have enough info to get guaranteed to high-probability lynches off on the scum.
    I suspect we can probably either be getting high-probability if not guaranteed off by the beginning of d4 or earlier if the prime sinner decided to risk killing each night or something like that.

47. ISO #47

I really do not think a player should pray for a roleblock, or use it if they got the wish.
    Can a player pray for a roleblock and then not perform it the next night? And does the roleblock count as their action for the night or could they perform another?
    You're assuming god would answer the prayer.
    God just cannot answer it and therefore the player wouldn't gain the ability to perform it. I fail to see a reason for god to answer this if performing this strategy aswell.

48. ISO #48

God just cannot answer it and therefore the player wouldn't gain the ability to perform it. I fail to see a reason for god to answer this if performing this strategy aswell.
    Following this plan, God should only ever answer the following prayers:

Forgiveness
    Protection

All other prayers are detrimental to the plan. Perhaps god should also never answer forgiveness unless we figure out there's a prostitute lurking among us.

49. ISO #49

50. ISO #50

I would still like to know, just because the action is anti town, doesn't mean god won't answer those prayers.