-Mafia- in Asian server has been modified too much
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

-Mafia- in Asian server has been modified too much

As I know, DR, the creator of this map uploads this map on NA and EU servers. In Asian server, somebody has asked to DR an authority to translate this map into other languages and now there are two versions (Korean, Taiwanese) uploaded by them.

What I would like to talk is about the Korean version, which I play as well as Mafia in NA server. They are currently using a lower version of the map than that of NA server, and some bugs remain not fixed. For example, the role scumbag has not been implemented yet, and the achievement Burn the Evidence is not obtainable.

But those translators are modifying the map in their own in a way I will list below. They might be inspirational for the development of this map, but my main concern is that they are going too far.

They are adding their own achievements

There are 5 achievements added. Their names are loosely translated from Korean. King of Survivor: as a survivor, win without using any single vest. Blood-fearing Killer: as an SK, win without killing any ppl. Ace Attorney: when a judge calls a court just after when a marshal revealed, every player in that game receives this. Fallen star: as a marshal, get lynched in a day when he revealed. For the Justice: as a judge, get lynched in a day during a court.

What my impression is that they seem too trivial, compared to the original achievements in the original version. Every single achievements was, for me, enlightening like “wow, was that possible?” and really helps understanding the deeper mechanics better. Adding those trivial achievements diminishes the quality of the game.

They has added IDs of moderators of their own forum as random nicknames.

If one does not select a name at the beginning of the game he will receive some randomly generated name of italian flavor. In the Korean version, names moderators of their own forum appears as those random nicknames. This would corresponds to getting "Revenent the Tall" as a random nickname in NA server.

They are requiring users with their points higher than 10000 to register their handle value to their own forum; unless they will be kicked.

And the purpose of this is to prevent users hacking their points. Well, the purpose is good but for that system to be worked there should be a cross check that they obtained 10000 point in a legit way, and that means they are relying on a few ppls in-game evaluation. It really makes me feel bad when they are being authoritative with the map which they just borrowed from others.

Modifications imposed on this crafted map has gone too far. Was this intended when creators sended his map to 3rd party ppl to translate? I wonder how DR would feel about this.
    Last edited by llillllilill; January 24th, 2016 at 03:08 PM.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: -Mafia- in Asian server has been modified too much

Thanks for your quick reply. I’ve edited above post to list one more modification in the translated map about random nicknames given in the game.
    I heard that you have been working on a new Mafia 2.0 and I hope the one who translates and distributes that map just present the map "as is". Do you have any qualifications in mind for those who translates your map? Actually I am interested in taking a part of translating your new map, or a more recent version of the existing -Mafia- map.
    Last edited by llillllilill; January 24th, 2016 at 03:03 PM.

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

i know this is off topic but why does dark rev only have 3 rep bar things? he should have the max should he not
    Listen here in Russian,ex forces and fought in the Afghan war and the first Chechen war I drink vodka and lived in England for 13 years wanna stop me try it.

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

i have never seen more then your amount of bars so unless it takes a million rep to earn another bar after the amount you have then there is a max bar thingy limit
    Listen here in Russian,ex forces and fought in the Afghan war and the first Chechen war I drink vodka and lived in England for 13 years wanna stop me try it.

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10