Bootable format program
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Bootable format program

I just went and ran a windows restore disk yesterday and apparently the format function reformatted my hard drive into the wrong format. It keeps saying it needs GPI and of the 4 hard drives I have connected it does not recognize any of them as the appropriate formate.

My question is does anyone know of a bootable formating program that supports the new format? Dos will not support it and neither will Unix. I have a few other work around I can do But I figured it never hurts to poke other people's brains about it.

It's windows 7 64 bit pro btw. And before running the clean install I did a splice. Apparently it did not even set chipset drivers so I could not install a network adaptor. I would not recommend ever using Microsoft restore disks from their website. Kinda garbage..
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: Bootable format program

Thanks. Looks cleaner than Ubuntu
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.