PSA Bank hackers have gotten slightly smarter
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

PSA Bank hackers have gotten slightly smarter

Many of the bank hackers have figured out how to hack # of games played, wins as well as points so they are less obvious now. The way to figure this shit out is to see how many achievement they have. If they don't even have half town, sole survivor, and other basic achievements, they are obv hacking.

2. ISO #2

Re: PSA Bank hackers have gotten slightly smarter

Just report them and they will be banned.

The easier method that can never be faked is looking at their ID vs their points. A player with 7 million ID but 20k points has an account thats 2 months old but very high points. Pretty obvious.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

3. ISO #3

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    Just report them and they will be banned.

The easier method that can never be faked is looking at their ID vs their points. A player with 7 million ID but 20k points has an account thats 2 months old but very high points. Pretty obvious.
    Unless they play all the time lol.
    I don't think we have any of those though. I don't know of any legit 7 million id players who have that mnay points.
    Don't pet growlithe, he will bite you.

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

I wouldn't believe any player I saw with 7m ID and 20k points. Thats just silly.

Balthy does not even play that much.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

6. ISO #6

If someone really played that much then I am pretty sure that other players would be able to vouch and say "I see this guy online all the time, he might be legit." and there would be a trail of replays that could clear the person.

But let's say that each game takes 20 minutes on average and a player wins 12 points per game on average. That's 1667 games for 20k points, or 556 hours. A 60 day old account would correspond to about 9 hours a day of continuous play. Of course, points from achievements will bring that down somewhat, but it's fairly obvious that, while theoretically possible, such a player would be playing for an unhealthy amount of time and such an active player would be easily recognizable by anyone who is reasonably active during that same timespan. If even the active community can't recognize the player, it's pretty obvious that they didn't actually play out those games and they hacked their bank instead.

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by mathchamp View Post
    If someone really played that much then I am pretty sure that other players would be able to vouch and say "I see this guy online all the time, he might be legit." and there would be a trail of replays that could clear the person.

But let's say that each game takes 20 minutes on average and a player wins 12 points per game on average. That's 1667 games for 20k points, or 556 hours. A 60 day old account would correspond to about 9 hours a day of continuous play. Of course, points from achievements will bring that down somewhat, but it's fairly obvious that, while theoretically possible, such a player would be playing for an unhealthy amount of time and such an active player would be easily recognizable by anyone who is reasonably active during that same timespan. If even the active community can't recognize the player, it's pretty obvious that they didn't actually play out those games and they hacked their bank instead.
    hail balthy <3
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by marinebase7 View Post
    I came up with a hypothesis that Balthy actually plays mafia at work and that is the reason why he is alt tabbed all the goddam time. He comes back to type -notafk every 5 mins or so
    And slaolbe like, banned!

v)o.o)^
    A rare Yuki in ultimate form

Yukitaka Oni ~Tafkal Hit Squad Member~

10. ISO #10

It doesn't really matter if they get smarter or not; as long as there's not a reliable way to get rid of them as soon as the reports are sent, it doesn't really make a difference.

I don't know if the custom maps allow to read external files, but if so, it'd be quite simple to have a simple text file that admins could edit anytime, then the game would just check the IDs against that file and automatically rekt the player as soon as the game starts. Any other method would take too long, and won't deter these scriptkiddies, since making a new account takes only a few minutes while getting them banned takes however long it takes for the game to be updated.

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12