S-FM 174: Koopolitics
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #1

S-FM 174: Koopolitics

Link to the setup: https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...politics-Setup

Spoiler : Mushroom Kingdom Madness story recap :

Princess Toadstool was kidnapped in the Mushroom Kingdom and Bowser was the prime suspect. Mayor Toadette enlisted the help of Mario, Luigi, and Yoshi to find the Princess and bring Bowser to justice.

Mario attacked Bowser in a public square and a Toad was accidentally killed. Bowser then retaliated by killing Luigi. Riots and protests filled the streets of the Mushroom Kingdom as people clammered for justice for the slain Toad.

Mario was chasing Bowser from the Mayor's office when Mario was stoned to death by an angry mob of Toads. Bowser escaped, but later returned to the Mayors office under the false assumption of a peace treaty, and was executed publicly by the Mayor. It was then revealed that Mayor Toadette was the one who had kidnapped Princess Toadstool and killed Luigi in a successful attempt to eliminate both Mario and Bowser by framing Bowser for the crimes.

Princess Toadstool escaped, and Mayor Toadette turned her armies towards Bowser's Kingdom, blaming them for the disappearance of Princess Toadstool while secretly continuing the search for her.

Full story:
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...ingdom-Madness!!

Day 1

It is a dark time for Bowser's Kingdom. Bowser, the King, was slain by Mayor Toadette while in the Mushroom Kingdom on official business. War has broken out between the two kingdoms, with Koopa and Goomba armies defending Boswer's Castle from the invading Toads.

To make matters worse, there is strife over who should be the new King of the Mushroom Kingdom. Bowser Jr crowned himself King shortly after his father's death, but his reign has not been supported by the citizens of Bowser's Kingdom. Ludwig von Koopa, along with his siblings Lemmy, Roy, Iggy, Wendy, Morton, and Larry have turned their Koopa faction towards the castle, and are set on reclaiming what they see as rightfully theirs.

Players:
    TheDarkestLight
    Firebringer
    Funce
    Sen
    Thornholt
    SuperJack
    RLVG
    Calix
    Suntax
    Yukitaka Oni
    Spruance
    ThePaladin
    RMcD94

Links:
    Day 1 End: https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...851#post550851

Day 2 End:
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...103#post552103

Day 3 End:
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...389#post553389

Last edited by Toadette; January 16th, 2016 at 10:52 PM.
    :toad:

Spoiler : O.o :
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverWolf
    Why are you being an anti town bitch? You got a fucking point or just a major fucking attitude problem? I dare you to take me on with a game related case cuz I'll tear it apart.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2. ISO #2

Re: S-FM 173: Koopolitics

7 votes to hammer.

Day 1 will end in 72 hours

Why are you being an anti town bitch? You got a fucking point or just a major fucking attitude problem? I dare you to take me on with a game related case cuz I'll tear it apart.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by Firebringer View Post
    How does Bowser being alive fix this? I am not going to pretend I even understand this story at all.
    Toadette murdered Bowser, then Bowser Jr claimed himself king, but the kid sucks and nobody likes him, so we're attempting a coup of sorts. Everything was better during the days of the old king.

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by Sen View Post
    Toadette murdered Bowser, then Bowser Jr claimed himself king, but the kid sucks and nobody likes him, so we're attempting a coup of sorts. Everything was better during the days of the old king.
    I went ahead and read some of it.
    I find it odd that Toadette puts herself the center of the story.

But meh, I named a setup after myself, and the flavor was completely about me being a psychopath.

So who am I to judge.
    Don't pet growlithe, he will bite you.

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

No effing idea. Las Mario I played was Mario 64.
    That said, Iggy is clearly a rockstar, and we should keep him safe. (inb4 some dimwit says I'm roleclaiming)

-vote Yukitaka Oni
    For my mother v)x.o)^!
    -vote Sen

v)o.o)^
    A rare Yuki in ultimate form

Yukitaka Oni ~Tafkal Hit Squad Member~

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

Ello folks, just checking in before school.

From what I've taken from the setup, announcing in your Last Wills wherever your ability is ENABLED/ DISABLED would be the optimal move and I shall take this moment to remind the TPRs whose roles are ENABLED to make a note of that. It will make it easier for us to determine how many claimed night actions later on are feasible with the amount of enables left over.

I found this part of the setup intriguing:

Quote Originally Posted by Toadette
    If one of the mafia is passed the enable, they are informed that they have been passed to but not by who.
    Does this mean that when we receive an ability, we are informed of who passed it to us?

21. ISO #21

Quote Originally Posted by Calix View Post
    Ello folks, just checking in before school.

From what I've taken from the setup, announcing in your Last Wills wherever your ability is ENABLED/ DISABLED would be the optimal move and I shall take this moment to remind the TPRs whose roles are ENABLED to make a note of that. It will make it easier for us to determine how many claimed night actions later on are feasible with the amount of enables left over.

I found this part of the setup intriguing:

Does this mean that when we receive an ability, we are informed of who passed it to us?
    Nobody is informed of who passed the enable to them

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24

25. ISO #25

26. ISO #26

Please elaborate, preferably without using the 'argument' of "you're scum, [insert mafia here] is shitizen" this time ;)
    Does this mean that when we, the good guys receive an ability, we, the super townies are informed of who passed it to us, who are totally not scum?

27. ISO #27

You read the quote where it clearly states that mafia are not informed and presumably have read the setup to know that my question was not answered, so that's a null tell.

You find it suspicious that I made the assumption that I'm town? May I ask why is that scummy to you?

Does using 'we' to refer to the majority of the townspeople who this applies to (reworded for you) count as a tell for you?

28. ISO #28

29. ISO #29

You read the quote where it clearly states that mafia are not informed and presumably have read the setup to know that my question was not answered, so that's a null tell.

You find it suspicious that I made the assumption that I'm town? May I ask why is that scummy to you?

Does using 'we' to refer to the majority of the townspeople who this applies to (reworded for you) count as a tell for you?
    Getting all jumpy and talking about tells and scum, when all I said was that your wording bothered me.

As for why it bothers me, that should be quite obvious. There a difference between asking "Does the Mafia win ties against the Town", and "Hey, Toadette, do I lose ties against the Mafia".
    In the worst case, it's an attempt at playing the mod. If not, it's either an unnecessary "hey, look, I'm Town!" or simply bad wording.

Actually, that raises an interesting point. What other sites do you frequent? You sound like a mafiascum player to me, but correct me if I'm wrong.
    I've played in many other sites over the years, but haven't touched any other site since I found this one.

30. ISO #30

Getting all jumpy and talking about tells and scum, when all I said was that your wording bothered me.

As for why it bothers me, that should be quite obvious. There a difference between asking "Does the Mafia win ties against the Town", and "Hey, Toadette, do I lose ties against the Mafia".
    In the worst case, it's an attempt at playing the mod. If not, it's either an unnecessary "hey, look, I'm Town!" or simply bad wording.

I've played in many other sites over the years, but haven't touched any other site since I found this one.
    [it's raining and the bus, being as fantastic as it is, has not turned up despite me standing outside for an hour in the rain, so I'm back again]

I saw an opportunity to try and steer the conversation away from 'lolz Day 1 trollfest' with your arrival. Otherwise we'd be stuck with nothing but the insightful posts of Firebringer and Yuki.

I wasn't gaming the host. Toadette can easily answer with "Town loses ties with Mafia and Mafia wins ties with Town" to account for all possibilities in your scenario.

I said 'we' because I wanted clarification on that matter to see if I could use the knowledge of knowing who gave the enable to who to achieve my goal (sadly I can't). Nothing more.

31. ISO #31

32. ISO #32

Hai. Checking in.
    I immediately noticed Calix's wording. Took it as null read. Its a WIFOM Bomb.
    Thats what I call all situations of WIFOM.

On an unrelated note, time to be scummy.
    -vote Firebringer
    I love Iced_Monopoly.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Survivor: Survive until the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Barkley Beard View Post
    Oh christ what has he done

33. ISO #33

Quote Originally Posted by Toadette View Post
    Day 1 will end in 72 hours
    SEVENTY TWO!? Ahw GAHWD

-vote TheDarkestLight

When isn't he scum?
    I dunno, I've been on a scum streak lately so I'm curious why you don't randomly pick me out.

But meh, I named a setup after myself, and the flavor was completely about me being a psychopath.

So who am I to judge.
    Our cute little psychopath.

Some of these characters can't be from the mario universe at all. Like "Larry" what?
    Who the fuck is Kamek? Or Paratroopa or any of these Koopalings
    Those are the Koopalings, Larry - Morton - Wendy - Iggy - Roy - Lemmy and Ludwig.
    They were first introduced in Super Mario Bros 3, which is a fucking classic.

I refuse to believe that, and will keep picturing Iggy, the Koopaling as Iggy Pop.
    That's the idea of the naming.

Here we go again. Just waiting for RLVG to join the party.
    SEN

WANNA GO BOWLING?

Quote Originally Posted by Yukitaka Oni View Post
    Prepare your popcorn! Calix is going to fight RLVG again v)o.o)^U
    Yes we will fight again: final destination, checkers, 5 seconds per move.

Actually, that raises an interesting point. What other sites do you frequent? You sound like a mafiascum player to me, but correct me if I'm wrong.
    AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO'S FAITHFUL TO THIS SITE?! Never went to other forums.

Inb4 Calix & Sen fighting, which re-enables the triangle again.

I saw an opportunity to try and steer the conversation away from 'lolz Day 1 trollfest' with your arrival. Otherwise we'd be stuck with nothing but the insightful posts of Firebringer and Yuki.

I wasn't gaming the host. Toadette can easily answer with "Town loses ties with Mafia and Mafia wins ties with Town" to account for all possibilities in your scenario.

I said 'we' because I wanted clarification on that matter to see if I could use the knowledge of knowing who gave the enable to who to achieve my goal (sadly I can't). Nothing more.
    Yuki and her Yukinese is useless, but Firebringer can at least push out some good posts.

Toadette is one of the hosts who would probably Counter-Play if you were attempting to game the host.

"We have our interest in this thing because we are for our country.", you can also we a bit wee royal because we think it's not a good idea to put it in any other context.

Quote Originally Posted by Funce View Post
    Hai. Checking in.

-vote Firebringer
    Checks in, immediately noticed Calix' wording and made a read out of it, ignoring everything else.
    OHH SCUMMY, also calls it a WIFOM Bomb without actually quoting the offending text.

Then votes Firebringer to be scummy.

Funce wants to be in the limelight, yo.

-vote Funce

34. ISO #34

35. ISO #35

36. ISO #36

37. ISO #37

Quote Originally Posted by Thornholt View Post
    Oh and, GET THE VAMPIRE LORD AGAIN!!! It sure worked last time XD
    -vote RLVG
    Naah Gamblers Fallacy yo.
    RLVG can't be scum EVERY game.

Just not statistically possible.

Nobody point out that isn't how statistics work.
    I know thats now how it works.

38. ISO #38

39. ISO #39

Quote Originally Posted by Funce View Post
    Hai. Checking in.

-vote Firebringer
    You are so cute Funce.

You are like a junior junior MattZed.
    Except you don't try to lead town at all. And just vote me all the time.

So actually nothing like Matt.

40. ISO #40

[it's raining and the bus, being as fantastic as it is, has not turned up despite me standing outside for an hour in the rain, so I'm back again]

I am thinking Calix is town, with this.

I don't know, don't like how the sarcasm about my 'insightful posts'

You serious brah?

41. ISO #41

42. ISO #42

43. ISO #43

I am thinking Calix is town, with this.

I don't know, don't like how the sarcasm about my 'insightful posts'

You serious brah?
    Well obviously. There can only be one Town Leader /s

You saying that Sen is often wrong and defends mafia?
    I was making a reference to the Cold War S-FM where he claimed I was mafia and stealth was town.

Quote Originally Posted by Spruance View Post
    Hello guys. This is my first game

I'm not sure if I am any good at friendly trolling as I don't really know any of you, but if the opportunity arises I will participate.

For now I will just koop up and observe the natural progression of forum mafia games.

Have fun guys!
    Everyone here is either new or was new at one point. Just point out whatever you think is town-like/ scummy, back up your thoughts with evidence and you should be fine.

Using the posts so far, would you say that any of us are town/ mafia?

Your thoughts on the setup?

44. ISO #44

Quote Originally Posted by Thornholt View Post
    God guys it's day one, give it a break lol... Also RLVG, I never went or even knew there were other forums until someone mentioned it in another game thread.
    I don't like this post. He sounds like he's trying to write off Day 1 entirely instead of trying to be productive, which is a step up from the usual shameless trolling that a town might do as he's justifying his behaviour. That quote gives me the impression that he is actively looking down on people who are trying to be useful.

-vote Thornholt

45. ISO #45

46. ISO #46

47. ISO #47

I don't like this post. He sounds like he's trying to write off Day 1 entirely instead of trying to be productive, which is a step up from the usual shameless trolling that a town might do as he's justifying his behaviour. That quote gives me the impression that he is actively looking down on people who are trying to be useful.

-vote Thornholt
    Have you played with TDL yet?

I can tell you how he will treat day 1, just as you described thorn volt treating it.

48. ISO #48

Have you played with TDL yet?

I can tell you how he will treat day 1, just as you described thorn volt treating it.
    TDL's playstyle =/= Thornholt's playstyle.

The former treated me to a series of posts about why Day 1 lynches are bad.

Thornholt generally contributes on Day 1, so that's why his post stood out to me more than it would have done on another player.

49. ISO #49

Thornholt generally contributes on Day 1, so that's why his post stood out to me more than it would have done on another player.
    Calix avoid fighting with RLVG???? >)o.o)v impossible!
    That mean one of you is Mafia v)o.o)^!!!!
    I prepare my popcorn for both of you to fight! Now fight it b)o.o)b!

v)o.o)^
    A rare Yuki in ultimate form

Yukitaka Oni ~Tafkal Hit Squad Member~

50. ISO #50

We have meta on thorn? Has he even played two games here?