Craig Sweeny is a faggot
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Craig Sweeny is a faggot

When I say faggot I do not mean it in any relation to homosexuals. I mean that I wish he would be burned at the stake but at the same time do not feel he is important enough to be burned at the stake so he should instead be thrown into the fire around the person that is being burned at the stake with the rest of the bundles of sticks to die in a terrible way not even important enough to be killed as the main event.

Btw- This is what you are saying when you call someone a faggot. And if I were to really wish this upon someone it would be on Steven Nardizzi. Just saying
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Re: Craig Sweeny is a faggot

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    Straight white male trying to rationalize his intolerance

Words change meaning, man. When one calls someone a fag as an insult, there is no chance one means sticks.
    I was outlining the insult behind what is being said to homosexuials with the term while expressing nerd rage over Craig messing up a TV show I was looking forward to and calling Steven a piece of shit. The fact that fag = bundle of sticks and the way 'bundles of sticks' were used during that time and that people refer to other people as bundles of sticks is exactly why it is such a fucked up thing to say.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

5. ISO #5

Faggot is a hateful word that carries a history of intolerance and the pain of many who have fought against it.

Having said that, I use it as an occasional word to demonstrate hate, not sexual prejudice. I have no idea who this Craig Sweeny is, but knowing you I'm sure he deserves it.

So this Steven Nardizzi made less than half a million to run a company (albeit charitable) that generates $342 million USD, up from $235 million, up from $155 million.

Any other large company generating similar revenues requires a competent officer at the helm and would, again, require financial incentive to attract talent that could push the company (charitable) forward.

For reference, many UN NGO CEOs base salary 10 years ago started at $300,000 and rose from there (substantially).

For any non-chartiable officers running similar sized organizations, the compensation would be significantly higher.

What is often overlooked, however, is not necessarily the public base salaries, but the charitable shell companies that absorb the overhead costs necessary to produce revenues (e.g. the companies that pay for charity transportation and galas). This is done to hide and meet goals of at least 90% of revenues being directed towards relevant charitable purposes (i.e. actually helping the wounded warriors).

It's a unique beast, 401Cs. Ultimately, the managing aspect doesn't bother me so much. The public presentation of use of funds bothers me. The way funds are used to contribute to the good that is claimed bothers me most. It's really tough to find something you can actually stand behind, charitably wise.

One obvious no-brainer organization that aims to do the most amount of good to the most amount of people honestly is the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. And the numbers show it. They've used something like $36 billion USD towards charitable endeavours so far.

I feel for you about the Wounded Warriors charity because I know how personally it affects you. I will join in your campaign! Steven Nardizzi is a faggot.

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    I was outlining the insult behind what is being said to homosexuials with the term while expressing nerd rage over Craig messing up a TV show I was looking forward to and calling Steven a piece of shit. The fact that fag = bundle of sticks and the way 'bundles of sticks' were used during that time and that people refer to other people as bundles of sticks is exactly why it is such a fucked up thing to say.
    If you think it's fucked up, why use it im your post as an insult lol
    Or am I missing something lol

7. ISO #7

My issue with Steven Nardizzi is not that he got paid the amount that he did- It is that he very specifically has been championing the fight to justify high operating costs in NPO's and use the freedom of speech to avoid explaining said high operating costs. The claimed estimations of the amount that actually went to benefit the vets is between 55 and 60% in 2014. That means at least a hundred million dollars went to other shit.

CEO's should get paid for the level of experience and performance they can bring to the table. But using videos of a half retarded vet that got mangled from an IED to fund your 'meeting' in a 5 star resort bothers me.

8. ISO #8

If you think it's fucked up, why use it im your post as an insult lol
    Or am I missing something lol
    I am saying that a lot of people do not understand what they are saying when they say it. I doubt there are many that actually view the word 'faggot' as a word to say 'I hope you burn to death slowly but also do not value you enough as a human being for your suffering to be anything more than a side show'.

You could take the same stance on quite a few other insults.

9. ISO #9

I am saying that a lot of people do not understand what they are saying when they say it. I doubt there are many that actually view the word 'faggot' as a word to say 'I hope you burn to death slowly but also do not value you enough as a human being for your suffering to be anything more than a side show'.

You could take the same stance on quite a few other insults.
    But that's not what the word means in our day and age lol

Thats like trying to bring back Porch Monkey. I'd advise against it lmao

Also, I'm sure everyone has seen the Southpark episode

10. ISO #10

My issue with Steven Nardizzi is not that he got paid the amount that he did- It is that he very specifically has been championing the fight to justify high operating costs in NPO's and use the freedom of speech to avoid explaining said high operating costs. The claimed estimations of the amount that actually went to benefit the vets is between 55 and 60% in 2014. That means at least a hundred million dollars went to other shit.

CEO's should get paid for the level of experience and performance they can bring to the table. But using videos of a half retarded vet that got mangled from an IED to fund your 'meeting' in a 5 star resort bothers me.
    Ya that's really fucked up lol. I think the last group of people you want to exploit is injured Americans who were trained to kill

11. ISO #11

But that's not what the word means in our day and age lol

Thats like trying to bring back Porch Monkey. I'd advise against it lmao

Also, I'm sure everyone has seen the Southpark episode
    It is exactly what it means as an insult though.

If a 4 year old kid says "I hope you overdose and die" to a junkie it does not matter if he does not understand what he is saying. This is just part of communication and the ambiguity between intended messages sent and the way the other side receives this message is something that creates a lot of conflict.

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    ITS A FUCKING LETTER G DEAL WITH IT

That's like saying there is no difference with, no/know, where/wear, their/there/they're.

I'm just saying before he goes off spouting the word faggot acting like he knows the definition, he should look it up in the dictionary lol. Or else many people are going to take offense.

It's 2015, people are babies.

16. ISO #16

If that is the true definition its not much of an insult at all. I suppose I will have to dig into it but that is a nice source and if that is the case I will probably start using faggot a whole lot more liberally.

17. ISO #17

That's like saying there is no difference with, no/know, where/wear, their/there/they're.

I'm just saying before he goes off spouting the word faggot acting like he knows the definition, he should look it up in the dictionary lol. Or else many people are going to take offense.

The problem is that people are so insanely PC that they're going to loop the two together even if they have separate origins. Just try and use the word "niggardly" around a black person -- the word has nothing to do with black people or "nigger" (it means stingy) because that doesn't mean you won't take immense amounts of shit trying to explain that. People have lost their jobs over the word "niggardly", lol.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contro...22niggardly%22

18. ISO #18

If that is the true definition its not much of an insult at all. I suppose I will have to dig into it but that is a nice source and if that is the case I will probably start using faggot a whole lot more liberally.
    The problem is that people use it in a derogatory way, not the definition.
    Notice that is says "Used disparaging": https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/disparage

19. ISO #19

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessB View Post
    The problem is that people are so insanely PC that they're going to loop the two together even if they have separate origins. Just try and use the word "niggardly" around a black person -- the word has nothing to do with black people or "nigger" (it means stingy) because that doesn't mean you won't take immense amounts of shit trying to explain that. People have lost their jobs over the word "niggardly", lol.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contro...22niggardly%22
    Yea, it's bad that people would react to it like that. But I think niggardly is a little better to say than faggot lol.

Also, regarding PC:

Trying to make a joke that doesn't offend anyone in 2015:

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

The problem is that people use it in a derogatory way, not the definition.
    Notice that is says "Used disparaging": https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/disparage
    Obviously.

But I will have to dig up where I picked up my definition from before I can actually talk about this. Otherwise I would flat out be talking out of my ass. But I really have spent a good bit of time reading up on exactly why insults are funny. One of my favorites is 'why' it was bad to take the lords name in vein for Christians. That shit is just comical.

And Porch Monkey is making a comeback! I think my generations only associates that term with the movie. I worked with some really racist people in my day and never herd a single one say it as an insult : P

22. ISO #22

The English language is a terrible thing. Yet when it comes down to it, it is how you use the words that give them the meaning, not the tiny little details on how it is spelt.

It's 2015. People are dicks about spelling.
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

23. ISO #23

Obviously.

But I will have to dig up where I picked up my definition from before I can actually talk about this. Otherwise I would flat out be talking out of my ass. But I really have spent a good bit of time reading up on exactly why insults are funny. One of my favorites is 'why' it was bad to take the lords name in vein for Christians. That shit is just comical.

And Porch Monkey is making a comeback! I think my generations only associates that term with the movie. I worked with some really racist people in my day and never herd a single one say it as an insult : P

Yea, I honestly don't really understand how words can hurt someone, especially on the internet.. But i'm a middle class, white, straight, male... So, I guess I can't really talk on the subject.
    But any friends that I have are basically making fun of eachother non-stop. I don't really get along with people who can't take a joke nor understand sarcasm.

Lol have you seen Clerks & Clerks 2

24. ISO #24

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    The English language is a terrible thing. Yet when it comes down to it, it is how you use the words that give them the meaning, not the tiny little details on how it is spelt.

It's 2015. People are dicks about spelling.
    English is the stupidest language on the planet lol.
    Words shouldn't have more than one meaning, and a single noise shouldn't have multiple spellings. I hear it's one of the worst languages to have to learn.

And people have always been dicks about spelling, but this is just an age when a majority of our conversations are done via written language (internet/texting/ect), so spelling is noticed more lol

25. ISO #25

Straight white male trying to rationalize his intolerance

Words change meaning, man. When one calls someone a fag as an insult, there is no chance one means sticks.
    The "straight" bit is a little judgy, but that's how people are so w/e. The "male" bit feels a tad irrelevant, but again I can accept that.

But how on earth is the fact he has white skin relevant to this conversation about sexuality and negative words?

The only link I can see to the fact he is white and this conversation about the word "faggot" is through the word "nigger" (white people don't have a word like that to deal with). But again, that's still a very tenuous link. Even if you have never had to deal with namecalling based off of your group, your points about group namecalling are not any less valid.

If you're going to take that approach, you may as well say people who are called "nigger" can't relate to people called a "faggot" because "their empathy isn't good enough - they haven't been precisely called a faggot".

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is a white straight man and a black straight man will rely purely on their own intelligence and knowledge when it comes to discussing the word "faggot". Skin colour won't make it better or worse.

26. ISO #26

But I will have to dig up where I picked up my definition from before I can actually talk about this.
    Louie maybe? It was in one of their poker night bits. Regardless, the burning-at-the-stake etymology is an unsubstantiated urban legend.

Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    The "straight" bit is a little judgy, but that's how people are so w/e. The "male" bit feels a tad irrelevant, but again I can accept that.

But how on earth is the fact he has white skin relevant to this conversation about sexuality and negative words?
    "Straight white male" seems to be the go-to line for making people "check their privilege" these days. Fuckin' millennials.
    Last edited by Lysergic; December 3rd, 2015 at 09:58 AM.

27. ISO #27

Lol have you seen Clerks & Clerks 2
    Yup yup. If only that level of word play and interaction could be found in more movies. I would take that any day over a bunch of explosions and PG-13 Victoria secret models. (This is part of why I said Craig Sweeny is a faggot btw)

28. ISO #28

Quote Originally Posted by Lysergic View Post
    Louie maybe? It was in one of their poker night bits. Regardless, the burning-at-the-stake etymology is an unsubstantiated urban legend.
    I have never seen Louie. But if its a common urban legend I could have picked it up somewhere similar.

29. ISO #29

"Straight white male" seems to be the go-to line for making people "check their privilege" these days. Fuckin' millennials.
    Louie is the best show ever

30. ISO #30

31. ISO #31

32. ISO #32

33. ISO #33

34. ISO #34

Also, I'm absolutely blown away that Garth Marenghi's Darkplace made top 200. One of my favorite shows, but I've met like... 3 people in my life who had ever heard of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaol View Post
    Avatar at 15 gets my dick moving a little bit
    Yeah, that's pretty nuts too. But at the risk of pissing off everyone, glad they put Korra a bit further down.

35. ISO #35

Wow; Rick and Morty and #9 and Cowboy Bebop at #27. Fuck yeah animation.

Louie at #102 beneath whatever the fuck John Adams is and the British House of Cards is pretty silly, though.
    Lel. John Adam's was a big deal after David McCullough's Pulitzer prize biography. Probably was an equally epic show. Action, Diplomacy, Love - offered plenty when period epochs were starting to pick up.

36. ISO #36

37. ISO #37

I require an explanation as to why it beats everything above it on this list.

https://www.imdb.com/chart/toptv/

It's just the most ingenius writing. It's extremely clever, hilarious, and inappropriate. It's basically how life is, and it doesn't seem to get broken by media censorship like most american television.

The only reason it's not higher on that list is because it's not a Drama. Only Dramas make it to top of lists because they evoke emotions.

38. ISO #38

39. ISO #39

40. ISO #40

41. ISO #41

42. ISO #42

It's just the most ingenius writing. It's extremely clever, hilarious, and inappropriate. It's basically how life is, and it doesn't seem to get broken by media censorship like most american television.

The only reason it's not higher on that list is because it's not a Drama. Only Dramas make it to top of lists because they evoke emotions.
    Sounds like I have to give it a watch

I require an explanation as to why it beats everything above it on this list.

https://www.imdb.com/chart/toptv/
    My favorite part of this list? If you Ctrl+F CIS it is nowhere on the page.

43. ISO #43

44. ISO #44