10 Reasons MattZed Should Be a Mod
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. ISO #1

10 Reasons MattZed Should Be a Mod

10 Reasons MattZed Should be a Mod

By MattZed

I, MattZed, a man of sound mind and solid convictions, do hereby apply to the powers that be to grant me the power of moderation over some or all of the subforums. If granted this power, I will use my abilities to improve the quality of this forum and strengthen our community. Without further ado, I present a list of reasons I should be granted this power.

The Reasons:
    1. He's a quality guy who doesn't do stupid shit!
    2. He's an active member of this forum!
    3. He clearly cares about this place! (he's hosted 4 S-FMs already and gives great feedback on setups)
    4. He has great references! (DarknessB, Orpz, FireBringer, and anyone else who wants to add on!)
    5. He's an insightful guy who can respond sensitively to any situation!
    6. He's been a mod on other forums and knows how to do this shit!
    7. He's dedicated and not a traitor like those who flirt with other websites!
    8. He is an upstanding citizen with a spotless warning/infraction record!
    9. He's so popular that Dark.Revenant himself once posted in one of his S-FMs!
    10. He wants the job and can appease the whims of any admin wise enough to give it to him!

PS: I'm also applying to be a mod so that I can be closer to the sheer hunk of godliness that is Slaol, long may he reign.
    Last edited by MattZed; October 7th, 2015 at 10:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    What. You got me. Stop unvoting and stretch my neck, dammit.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: 10 Reasons MattZed Should Be a Mod

Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post

By MattZed

I, MattZed, a man of sound mind and solid convictions, do hereby apply to the powers that be to grant me the power of moderation over some or all of the subforums. If granted this power, I will use my abilities to improve the quality of this forum and strengthen our community. Without further ado, I present a list of reasons I should be granted this power.

The Reasons:
    3. He clearly cares about this place! (he's hosted 4 S-FMs already and gives great feedback on setups)
    4. He has great references! (DarknessB, Orpz, FireBringer, and anyone else who wants to add on!)
    10. He wants the job and can appease the whims of any admin wise enough to give it to him!
    Oooo. You've committed the cardinal sin of not mentioning me by name.

Declined.... bb....

4. ISO #4

By MattZed

The Reasons:
    MattZed has yet to find a lynch train he doesn't like. Including ones on himself
    You have made a good name for yourself here's the medal of Tafkal. Now get out there and become a mod

v)o.o)^
    A rare Yuki in ultimate form

Yukitaka Oni ~Tafkal Hit Squad Member~

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

By MattZed

The Reasons:

PS: I'm also applying to be a mod so that I can be closer to the sheer hunk of godliness that is Slaol, long may he reign.
    I'm not sure about 1.
    I could also be part of 1, but I'm not sure about that.

2, we're both actives.

3. I also care about this place, hosted several puzzle games - more S-FMs than I can count and et cetera.

4. You got references and I don't.

5. Most of us can.

6. What forums have you been mod on? For myself, I've been a mod on several forums - popular twitch streams and leader of a few guilds in WoW.

7. You mean like Mafiascum? This is the only Mafia site I will interact with, and I respect your wish on that too.

8. Cool! Wait, do I have any infractions? I don't think so.

9. DR can troll at anytime, and might have a more popular smurf somewhere (we don't know).

10. Appease the whims of any admin? Good luck.

You don't simply join as a Mod, you need to be a Keeper and perform the reports first, before being escelated towards becoming a mod.
    I myself was a Keeper, but I got kicked off because SC2 perma-glitched and I'm unable to process reports, there was no consideration of modship at all.

This seems to be irrelevant when applying to be a mod for the Wiki exclusively?

From what I know, it's a big taboo to ask to become a mod too. Not only that, if you simply asked and you got your wish - you will single handedly cause a "civil war" on the forum regarding several protests on why several others can't become a mod.

Something a bit offtopic.

Hey MattZed, I'm about to revive my Adventure Quest, would you like to be part of it or co-host?

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

T
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkestLight View Post
    Pro-tip, don't become staff.
    Solid, either you quit this game as a hero Necroplant, Pauly, Tafkal Hit Squad, legendary , or you play long enough to see yourself become a mod

v)o.o)^

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

Nothing against MattZed.. love the guy
    But we have 3 Keepers, 11 Moderators, 7 Super Moderators, and 6 Administrators.

Probably have an average of 40 non-FM posts a day, and the site is 1:2 Staff:Non-Staff lol.

We already have far too many for our needs. We shouldn't just make people staff because we're friends with eachother, or else everyone would be staff lol. We should hire people when they're needed.

I would agree with you becoming Moderator if we lost 2-3 of the 11 Moderators lol.

19. ISO #19

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post

Probably have an average of 40 non-FM posts a day, and the site is 1:2 Staff:Non-Staff lol.

We already have far too many for our needs. We shouldn't just make people staff because we're friends with eachother, or else everyone would be staff lol. We should hire people when they're needed.

I would agree with you becoming Moderator if we lost 2-3 of the 11 Moderators lol.
    Dont you dare bring resoning into this

20. ISO #20

Rip Coast.....ok MattZed, you're up!

v)o.o)^

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22

Quote Originally Posted by slendermenz View Post
    you can moderate life why not let him be staff seems like theres lots in favour. well i suppose its a matter for dark revenant to decide
    Well, Slendermenz is singlehandledly doubling the moderation needs of this forum -- maybe MattZed can be his full time mod?

Just teasing man -- all part of the forums, lol.

23. ISO #23

And I end up deleting all the fucking spam
    I love oops

Spoiler : :

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▒▁▁▁▁▁▒▒░░░▒░░░░░░▒░░░░░▒░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░▁▐█▁▐░▒▒▁▐█▁░░░
    ▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▌░░░░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▀▀░░░░▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄██▓▓▌▀░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▄▒░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▄▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄

24. ISO #24

25. ISO #25

Wait, I don't even have to find the Holy Grail or anything, I just have to commit a triple homicide?

26. ISO #26

27. ISO #27

28. ISO #28

Quote Originally Posted by Orpz View Post
    I stand in solidarity with my fellow math major.

But as Crypt mentioned, we are overstaffed at the moment
    All I need is the current staff to get collectively lazier so we need someone else.

29. ISO #29

30. ISO #30

31. ISO #31

32. ISO #32

33. ISO #33

34. ISO #34

35. ISO #35

10 Reasons MattZedAdmiral Should be a Mod

By MattZedAdmiral

I, MattZedAdmiral, a man of sound mind and solid convictions, do hereby apply to the powers that be to grant me the power of moderation over some or all of the subforums. If granted this power, I will use my abilities to improve the quality of this forum and strengthen our community. Without further ado, I present a list of reasons I should be granted this power.

The Reasons:
    1. He's a quality guy who does n't do stupid shit!
    2. He's a n active member of this forum!
    5. He's a n insightful guy who can respond sensitively to any situation!
    8. He is a n upstanding citizen with a spotless warning/infraction record!

PS: I'm also applying to be a mod so that I can be closer to the sheer hunk of god liness that is Slaol, long may he reign.

36. ISO #36

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral View Post

By MattZedAdmiral

I, MattZedAdmiral, a man of sound mind and solid convictions, do hereby apply to the powers that be to grant me the power of moderation over some or all of the subforums. If granted this power, I will use my abilities to improve the quality of this forum and strengthen our community. Without further ado, I present a list of reasons I should be granted this power.

The Reasons:

PS: I'm also applying to be a mod so that I can be closer to the sheer hunk of god liness that is Slaol, long may he reign.
    Sounds good to me. Give this man red.

37. ISO #37

38. ISO #38

39. ISO #39

40. ISO #40

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral View Post

By MattZedAdmiral

The Reasons:

OMG I just read this!!! Too funny! :-D

41. ISO #41

42. ISO #42

43. ISO #43

44. ISO #44

45. ISO #45

acku, firebringer, and superjack are not listed as staff. welcome aboard mattzed.

you start next Thursday at 7am, and earn a weekly paycheck of $7. After the $8/week DR tax, you owe a $52 a year to DR.
    Is there a Paypal I can send my standard taxes to?

46. ISO #46

47. ISO #47

48. ISO #48

49. ISO #49

Well now that its necroed...

Quote Originally Posted by Yukitaka Oni View Post
    We need new rank staff?
    Idea?

I support this here shit. We can collapse the staff listings into 2 categories: Staff who currently do shit, And staff who once upon a time did something. With that system we totally have the correct amount of "Staff who currently do shit" and could potentially even take on more~

I currently do nothing btw. Maybe that will change later this week >.>
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

50. ISO #50

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    We can collapse the staff listings into 2 categories: Staff who currently do shit, And staff who once upon a time did something. With that system we totally have the correct amount of "Staff who currently do shit" and could potentially even take on more~

I currently do nothing btw. Maybe that will change later this week >.>
    I was a keeper once, did a bunch of reports before I got kicked off because I no longer were able to do reports (because the game can't be run), still persists to this day and all the others got promoted because they could do reports.

Those who didn't do anything were put down.
    But then again, things may probably have changed by the time I returned to the forums after I ragequit on some unnamed stuff.