S-FM Host WIFOM
Register

User Tag List

Thread: S-FM Host WIFOM

1. ISO #1

Thumbs up S-FM Host WIFOM

This setup is a social experiment.

(Template borrowed from a setup by Cryptonic)

Role List:
    Mafia
    Mafia

Cop
    Town
    Town
    Town
    Town
    Town
    Town

Rolecards:
    Mafia
    You chat at night with the other mafia player and choose to kill someone at night.
    Your partner is {player}.
    Link to the mafia chat: {link}

Cop
    Check one player to see if they are Mafia or Town.

Town
    You can vote.

Win Conditions:
    Mafia: Eliminate the Town by controling 50% of the vote or more and have one member alive at the end.
    Town: Eliminate the Mafia and have one member alive at the end.

Order of Operations:
    Mafia kills and cop investigates simultaneously

Mechanics:
    *48 hour days, 24 hour nights
    *Day when starts with lynch.
    *Lynch at majority of votes (5/9, 4/7, 4/6, etc)
    *If the day ends and nobody has received the amount of votes needed, then the person with the highest amount of votes at day end will be lynched. If there is a tie, then the day will be extended 24 hours, the votes will be reset, and ONLY the tied players may be voted for during this time. If there is still a tie at the end of the 24 hours, a random abstaining player will die. If there are no abstainers, one random player (ANY) will die.
    *No last wills.
    *Suicide is not allowed.
    *No players actions are considered visits.

Special Mechanic:
    *If there are more than 9 signs, the player list will be randomized from the signed players.
    *The teams and roles will NOT be random. I will handpick the teams and respective roles.
    *Each of the nine players must answer three questions before they get their role cards

1 - What is their favorite mafia role
    2 - Which alignment do they play better as
    3 - Which team and role do they prefer for this game

The results will be posted day 1 but without a name. Example:

Player:
    1 - Cop
    2 - Mafia
    3 - Mafia/mafia

* At the end of each day each player may ask the host one yes/no question
    * The question will be public and attached to each players name but the answer will be private
    * The question cannot be used to determine alignment outright. For example: "Is {player} mafia?" will not be answered. The question will show up in day chat but not have an answer.
    (Upon reviewing this let me know if you think of any other game breaking questions)
    * As host I reserve the right to not answer ANY question I deem as potentially game breaking or unfair to reveal alignment.

Investigative messages:
    {Player} is Town.
    {Player} is Mafia.

Rules:
    Images/videos/colored chat allowed, but don't be excessive about it.
    No talking about the game outside of the game.
    No excessive personal attacks. Violators will be warned through PM, and replaced or killed if they continue. If you feel like someone has violated this rule, do not discuss it on the thread but rather PM me and I will decide the course of action to take.
    I also will NOT tolerate racist or sexist remarks. You will be modkilled or replaced. Consider this a final warning for all.
    No anonymous accounts.
    No post requirement.
    NO password protected posts

Any questions?

v1.1 - Changed language to give me complete right to not answer any question that is potentially game breaking
    Last edited by Toadette; October 1st, 2015 at 11:26 AM.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

Re: S-FM Host WIFOM

whats to stop mafia from asking is someons a cop?

Whats to stop everyone from posting "i am town" and having another player ask the truth vaule on it?

i got more but im busy, the mechanic is esliy explotaible i would add a diclaimer thign of "host reserve right to not answer questiont hat can be used as manipulation/game breaking"

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by ika View Post
    whats to stop mafia from asking is someons a cop?

Whats to stop everyone from posting "i am town" and having another player ask the truth vaule on it?

i got more but im busy, the mechanic is esliy explotaible i would add a diclaimer thign of "host reserve right to not answer questiont hat can be used as manipulation/game breaking"
    * The question cannot be used to determine alignment outright. For example: "Is {player} mafia?" will not be answered. The question will show up in day chat but not have an answer.

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by Toadette View Post
    This encourages me, in the sense that players who ask overly targeted questions will lose their question for the night. Would force players to balance their desire to ask something really probing vs. the risk of not getting it answered if it is over the line.

Here's an interesting question for you -- do you consider the Mafia factional kill as involving a visit? If so, someone could ask you whether X has visited anyone this game? That would limit it down to the Mafia and Sheriff if factional kill = visit. If factional kill isn't a visit, then I imagine you wouldn't answer the question because then it would directly out the Sheriff, right?

8. ISO #8

asking about the truth vaule of a post is not the same as asking for an aligment check like you phrase.I could arguly wordlaywer itto say "im askign about something else in the post not that"

I would have a more clear cut of it and have it be "host reserves rights to not answer if deemed broke"

Much like dark said, whats to stop form asking "did this person take a night action" its not asking for an alignment (cop) but i can be used in such manner that it would have same outcome.

9. ISO #9

asking about the truth vaule of a post is not the same as asking for an aligment check like you phrase.I could arguly wordlaywer itto say "im askign about something else in the post not that"

I would have a more clear cut of it and have it be "host reserves rights to not answer if deemed broke"

Much like dark said, whats to stop form asking "did this person take a night action" its not asking for an alignment (cop) but i can be used in such manner that it would have same outcome.
    ika is probably correct that you will want a catch-all provision to allow you to refuse to answer a question, because I'm sure we could brainstorm a ton of ways to conduct an alignment check in a more indirect way. Another example might be, did X PM you last night? Given only Mafia and Cop have a night action, that might be a decent proxy to asking the alignment question directly.

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessB View Post
    This encourages me, in the sense that players who ask overly targeted questions will lose their question for the night. Would force players to balance their desire to ask something really probing vs. the risk of not getting it answered if it is over the line.

Here's an interesting question for you -- do you consider the Mafia factional kill as involving a visit? If so, someone could ask you whether X has visited anyone this game? That would limit it down to the Mafia and Sheriff if factional kill = visit. If factional kill isn't a visit, then I imagine you wouldn't answer the question because then it would directly out the Sheriff, right?
    No visits occur in the game.

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

then how do mafia kill if they dont visit and how does cop check ppl?
    Sounds like a semantics thing to me -- i.e. the Mafia tell Toadette who they want to kill and that person is dead / the Cop tells Toadette who they want to check and Toadette's provides them with the investigation results. Given there aren't any other roles with night actions, I'm guessing Toadette just removed the entire concept of visiting for simplicity purposes.

In a setup without roles that detect visiting like Detective or Lookout or where there are consequences to visiting a particular person like Veteran, the concept isn't really needed anyway.
    Last edited by DarknessB; October 1st, 2015 at 12:22 PM.

14. ISO #14

Sounds like a semantics thing to me -- i.e. the Mafia tell Toadette who they want to kill and that person is dead / the Cop tells Toadette who they want to check and Toadette's provides them with the investigation results. Given there aren't any other roles with night actions, I'm guessing Toadette just removed the entire concept of visiting for simplicity purposes.

In a setup without roles that detect visiting like Detective or Lookout or where there are consequences to visiting a particular person like Veteran, the concept isn't really needed anyway.
    This

15. ISO #15

i know its a semantics thing i was just poking fun at the fact that people jsut somehow "die"

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

the one thing i stuggle with this setup is that i have like 20 diffrent quesitons i could ask that can be near broken IMO

one that came to mind was "everyoe ask if cop checked themsefls" after that, you hypo claim mafia/town on you results and go from there.

its not game breaking potentioal but its a side question i would be hesitant on answering as mod

21. ISO #21