User Tag List

1. ISO #1

New Neutral Killing: Maniac

Maniac:
    ---Neutral Killing Aligned Jailor---
    Immune to attacks: Y/N
    Immune to investigation: Y/N
    Can Execute on lynch days Y/N
    Destroys Last Wills upon death Y/N (Default on)

Goal: Eliminate all Town, Cultist, Mafia, Triad, Serial Killers, Arsonists, Mass Murderers and survive to the end.
    Last edited by deathworlds; July 18th, 2015 at 08:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM-Shocked Kirby Face View Post
    Deathworlds is simply better than us at this game. Don't kill them for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

2. ISO #2

Re: New Neutral Killing: Maniac

Couple of thoughts:

1. Would the Maniac have a limited number of night kills?

Presumably not or else the role would be too weak, especially if limited to non-lynch nights. If unlimited executions, I would probably limit jailing to non-lynch nights. If limited kills (say 4 for example), I would allow him to jail / execute every night.

2. Isn't this a somewhat weaker Serial Killer?

The one advantage is being able to kill night immune roles like Godfather / Dragon Head, but if limited to non-lynch days, it would be tough for the Maniac to get that many kills, especially in an active game. I would probably allow for unblockable kills or else this role is going to have a hard time doing any damage.

3. If the Maniac can jail / execute on lynch days, wouldn't that automatically out to the rest of the players that there is a Maniac in the game?

This isn't necessarily a bad thing and gives the Maniac strategy to think about -- i.e. whether to jail / execute on a lynch day and risk confirming the presence of a Maniac.

4. The typical Neutral Evil win condition in SC2Mafia is "survive to see the Town lose the game" -- I imagine that's what you want here, with the Maniac being able to win with all the other non-Town roles (Mafia, Triad, Witch, Judge, Auditor, Cultist, Survivor, Amnesiac, etc.). That said, another question would be whether you want the Maniac to be able to win other Neutral Killers like SK, Arsonist, MM -- presumably not if you've slotted him as a Neutral Killer.

Quote Originally Posted by deathworlds View Post
    Maniac:
    Can Jail/Execute on lynch days Y/N
    Unblockable Kill Y/N

Goal: The normal Neutral Killing goal, idk what it is I haven't played sc2mafia in like 6 months.
    Last edited by DarknessB; July 13th, 2015 at 10:41 AM.

3. ISO #3

Maniac:
    Can Jail/Execute on lynch days Y/n.*** Y=Too op, N=up
    Unblockable Kill Y/N ***This is currently broken and needs fixing.

Goal: The normal Neutral Killing goal, idk what it is I haven't played sc2mafia in like 6 months.
    ***=input
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

I was actually thinking about your first idea before -- that's a decent balance IMO. Could also allow for an execution that looks like it got blocked if you want to muddle things further (though, anyone paying attention would realize that a jail after a lynch = Maniac). You'd be surprised what people will miss though when they're not paying attention. Also, allowing for the jail on lynch days still allows the Maniac to disrupt the Town, especially if he's aware of Town or Mafia power roles -- continuously jailing a confirmed Sheriff / Investigator can hold off the Town's info for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    Can jail on lynch days, but can't execute.
    Best of both worlds.

Destroys last wills.
    IDK what else can make it more balanced.

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessB View Post
    Couple of thoughts:

1. Would the Maniac have a limited number of night kills?

Presumably not or else the role would be too weak, especially if limited to non-lynch nights. If unlimited executions, I would probably limit jailing to non-lynch nights. If limited kills (say 4 for example), I would allow him to jail / execute every night.

2. Isn't this a somewhat weaker Serial Killer?

The one advantage is being able to kill night immune roles like Godfather / Dragon Head, but if limited to non-lynch days, it would be tough for the Maniac to get that many kills, especially in an active game. I would probably allow for unblockable kills or else this role is going to have a hard time doing any damage.

3. If the Maniac can jail / execute on lynch days, wouldn't that automatically out to the rest of the players that there is a Maniac in the game?

This isn't necessarily a bad thing and gives the Maniac strategy to think about -- i.e. whether to jail / execute on a lynch day and risk confirming the presence of a Maniac.

4. The typical Neutral Evil win condition in SC2Mafia is "survive to see the Town lose the game" -- I imagine that's what you want here, with the Maniac being able to win with all the other non-Town roles (Mafia, Triad, Witch, Judge, Auditor, Cultist, Survivor, Amnesiac, etc.). That said, another question would be whether you want the Maniac to be able to win other Neutral Killers like SK, Arsonist, MM -- presumably not if you've slotted him as a Neutral Killer.
    No I want it to kill town, mafia, triad, other neutral killers.
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    fucketh me in the ass

7. ISO #7

Understood -- as you've put as an option, the role definitely needs night immunity then, because it'll become a target very quickly if it cannot win with Mafia / Triad. I would at least allow it to win with other Neutral Evils (Witch, Cultist, Judge, Auditor) and Neutral Benigns of course.

No I want it to kill town, mafia, triad, other neutral killers.

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessB View Post
    Understood -- as you've put as an option, the role definitely needs night immunity then, because it'll become a target very quickly if it cannot win with Mafia / Triad. I would at least allow it to win with other Neutral Evils (Witch, Cultist, Judge, Auditor) and Neutral Benigns of course.
    Neutral killers can't win with cultist.
    fucketh me in the ass

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

Updated / bump
    fucketh me in the ass