Blackmailer + Jailor Adjustment
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Blackmailer + Jailor Adjustment

In my travels I have encountered a situation most unpleasant. A quiet town who is also chain BMed gets jailed, the Jailor thinks the person is evil due to silence, then executes his fellow town even though he's doing everything right. Logically, a Jailor should execute a prisoner who is completely silent.

I propose a simple change: Add the "I am Blackmailed." text that is present on trial to jails as well. Also, the checkbox that allows those that are blackmailed to speak on trial should also allow the blackmailed to speak in jail.

This is a very minor problem but it is still a flaw in the game.

2. ISO #2

Re: Blackmailer + Jailor Adjustment

Quote Originally Posted by lawson View Post
    In my travels I have encountered a situation most unpleasant. A quiet town who is also chain BMed gets jailed, the Jailor thinks the person is evil due to silence, then executes his fellow town even though he's doing everything right. Logically, a Jailor should execute a prisoner who is completely silent.

I propose a simple change: Add the "I am Blackmailed." text that is present on trial to jails as well. Also, the checkbox that allows those that are blackmailed to speak on trial should also allow the blackmailed to speak in jail.

I know that feel but i think it's both the jailor and the guy who got blackmailed fault
    - Random vote so the town know you are blackmailed, if you still got jailed then it's jailor fault for ( either newbie or tab-out, maybe idiot) in this case it's jailor fault only
    - But if you not doing anything then it's your fault if you got jailed and blackmailed
    + But i like that: I'm being blackmailed---in the jail, I like that deperate idea in......painful meaning......

v)o.o)^
    A rare Yuki in ultimate form

Yukitaka Oni ~Tafkal Hit Squad Member~

3. ISO #3

Quote Originally Posted by lawson View Post

Either way, i share the tear for any unlucky veteran player who already proved(being blackmailed) but still got jailed by newbie and died stupidly even you are town or not
    - Cheer, manly tear and many tear for all veteran player

v)o.o)^

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

I totally understand where lawson is coming from, but I disagree with this particular proposal. Blackmailed players are able to signal that they are blackmailed during the day by voting / quickly unvoting, which has become the common way to claim that you are blackmailed (sans being put on trial and having the message appear). A blackmailed player should actively be signaling to the Town that he is blackmailed like this during the day and the Jailor should be paying attention to players' votes to see if it is likely that someone is blackmailed.

Similar to what Yuki is saying, if a blackmailed player doesn't signal he is blackmailed AND a Jailor doesn't pick up on the fact that someone could be blackmailed (perhaps others signaled that they were blackmailed in the past?), then there shouldn't be a fail-safe during the Jailor chat to reward them both for not paying attention. Mafia is the type of game that rewards paying attention to day actions and reading between the lines. I don't see the need to protect people who aren't doing so. Instead, I put this is the same bucket as Town members not leaving last wills and walking into a Veteran -- simply suboptimal Town play that can be improved by the players themselves, not by making the rules more forgiving of mistakes.
    Last edited by DarknessB; July 27th, 2015 at 01:16 PM.

6. ISO #6

Hello, I've also ran into an unpleasant situation. A mafia member used game mechanics to trick and bamboozle me into voting for a player, who upon his death, was revealed to be town. I suggest that in order to remedy this from happening, town members not be able to vote other town members to stop accidentally killing each other.

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by GoatseOntheCupboard View Post
    Hello, I've also ran into an unpleasant situation. A mafia member used game mechanics to trick and bamboozle me into voting for a player, who upon his death, was revealed to be town. I suggest that in order to remedy this from happening, town members not be able to vote other town members to stop accidentally killing each other.
    lol wat
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM-Shocked Kirby Face View Post
    Deathworlds is simply better than us at this game. Don't kill them for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

8. ISO #8

Motion approved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroplant View Post
    Mafia will be very interesting for the duration of this sentence, and lots of individuals' tummys will hurt from laughing so hard. I've had to fall out of my chair and lie on the ground before, as it was just too painful to laugh LOL.

9. ISO #9

Cool, now as a town i only can vote non town only, free win for town. Fuck logic.gif

v)o.o)^

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessB View Post
    Blackmailed players are able to signal that they are blackmailed during the day by voting / quickly unvoting, which has become the common way to claim that you are blackmailed (sans being put on trial and having the message appear). A blackmailed player should actively be signaling to the Town that he is blackmailed like this during the day and the Jailor should be paying attention to players' votes to see if it is likely that someone is blackmailed.
    Just want to point out that this is supposed to be a lot harder than it is as of this post. First few games I played after I came back, the aforementioned change was working; blackmailed/silenced players' votes weren't broadcasting to chat. Recently it seems to have been accidentally reverted, currently have an active bug report thread about it.

That being said, it's still fairly easy to notice votes showing up with no messages if the change is fixed, so I don't think this thread's suggestion is too great for the game.