Re: What are your computer specs?

Quote Originally Posted by Apocist View Post
    AMD Phenom(tm) II X2 565 Processor (2 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
    8GB Ram
    1.5 TB HHD
    HIS IceQ5 ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB
    Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

came to no more than $600
    An extra $100 and you get two more cores and a better graphics card at the cost of .5tb of HDD. XD

2. ISO #52

3. ISO #53
    SilentShadow

Lol I understand why you don't want any more cores, they don't take a whole lot away from the initial core. The second core jsut calculates numbers. Need to use the built in calculator? You're using core two. Everything else? Core one. I don't know what the otehrs are for, I only know core two, but they probably don't do that much. As for the processor itself, I imagine that the higher core processors also have better a better processing speed. It would make sense but that's not a confirmed fact, I have no idea. Some company makes processors with 56 cores or something like that. I'd like to know what each core does..... Core thirty-seven probably loads a single pixel XD.

4. ISO #54

Ummm..accually I think you've mistaken that for the ALU..thats apart of one of the cores.

Each core itself processes instructions seperatly but not every computer application is multi-core optimized(only most modern games). The most compatible setup for gaming rigs would be a 2 core system due to the fact that multiple cores are best used for multitasking. Some games can only make use of two cores...that means the other 2 cores are not being used and the game is running at half your total computer processing speed.
    Last edited by ; November 22nd, 2011 at 09:31 AM. Reason: mistype

5. ISO #55

6. ISO #56

heck i could have went phenom 6 core, that would have been alot faster for video editing/rendering but i wanted something that was most compatible with games, there are a few games/emulators that i have that only support 2 cores

plus that certain chip was the fastest cheapest one on newegg...intel is awesome but pricy

7. ISO #57

8. ISO #58
    SilentShadow

Quote Originally Posted by Apocist View Post
    Ummm..accually I think you've mistaken that for the ALU..thats apart of one of the cores.

Each core itself processes instructions seperatly but not every computer application is multi-core optimized(only most modern games). The most compatible setup for gaming rigs would be a 2 core system due to the fact that multiple cores are best used for multitasking. Some games can only make use of two cores...that means the other 2 cores are not being used and the game is running at half your total computer processing speed.
    I was given that information from my father, who knows quite a bit about computers and went to school for programming. I should trust his knowledge of computers but I honestly don't..... He isn't caught up with all this new technology, and all the new styles and formats. He doesn't like to show it but I know it confuses him greatly. I honestly think more cores would actually do something but he keeps insisting that they do next to nothing >.> What would be the point of adding more cores if they only did a few tiny things? There has to be a reason, and I think it's cause they actually do something. If someone knows what they're talking about please explain, I would like to know the truth about this becasue I don't fully believe in teh info I was given....

9. ISO #59

10. ISO #60