S-FM : BioMed Industries (9P)
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

S-FM : BioMed Industries (9P)

S-FM : BioMed Industries

BioMed Industries is the leading pharmaceutical and bioengineering company in the world. This fact makes it the perfect ground-zero for a bio-terrorist attack, as all the nescessities to create the perfect bio-weapon are located here. Knowing the risks involved in such a place, periodic computer sweeps are done to try to prevent these dangers. However, during the last check, a Doctor working for BioMed Industries uncovered data fragments for what looks like DNA blueprints for a mind-controlling virus with the ability to spread. Upon learning this, the entire unit of BioMed Industries where it was located has been quarantined for futher examination.

Scientist
    Doctor
    Blood Analyst
    Lab Tech
    Lab Tech
    Lab Tech
    Lab Tech
    Lab Tech
    Lab Tech

Mechanics
    • Game starts Day 1 with no lynch. Day 1 is 24 hours long.
    • Days are 48 hours long, but can be skipped.
    • Nights are 24 hours long, but can be skipped once ALL players (even Lab Techs) send a notice that they're ready to begin.
    • Players can leave last wills.
    • Lynch occurs at 51% vote majority. Vote ends days.
    • Voting is done with the [vote] tags.
    • Anonymous accounts will be used. Players can choose their own names.
    • No night chats.

Rules
    • No editting posts.
    • No codes.
    • No posted videos.
    • No codes.
    • No out of game communication.
    • No codes.
    • Must remain active in day chat.
    • No disguiser codes!
    • No comhunting or comclaiming (don't try to figure which main account is behind the anonymous account and don't claim your main account).

Scientist

You are one of the many Scientists that work at BioMed Industries. You have secretly developed a virus which could potentially spread and wipe out large portions of the planet's population. Once the virus jumps from one host to another, the old host's body shuts down and dies. If an Infected player remains infected for 2 nights, their body dies from exhaustion. You have vaccinated yourself against this virus, making yourself immune to infection. During the day, if no one living is infected, you may select one person to Infect with the virus. You must survive through the day for this action to be successful. As you created this virus, you have the innate ability to determine if someone is infected or not.

Summary
    • You may infect someone during the day. You must survive through the day for this to take effect.
    • Players are not informed of failed infection.
    • You can only infect someone during the day if no living players are infected.
    • You know who is infected.
    • You are immune to infection.

Doctor

You are a Medical Doctor employed by BioMed Industries. You uncovered the Bio-Terrorism plot through fragments of information left on the BioMed Industries computer network. With the information gathered, you have managed to create a possible vaccination for this virus. However, there are two problems: 1) The process to creating this vaccine is long, and you are only capable of creating one dose per day. 2) The vaccination is only in it's beta stages, and the body breaks down the vaccine after 24 hours. During the night, you may vaccinate someone. This protects them from infection until the end of the following day. You may choose to vaccinate yourself instead. Vaccinating an infected player has consequences not yet known to you.

Summary
    • You may vaccinate someone during the night, protecting them from infection until the end of the following day.
    • You may vaccinate yourself.
    • If you choose not to vaccinate anyone, you may use this dose (along with another) on a following night.
    • Vaccinating an infected player causes them to be roleblocked. You are not informed of this.

Blood Analyst

You are a specialty scientist hired by BioMed Industries. Your job is to run tests on blood and tissue samples infected with various diseases in order to see in what methods can be transmitted. Your training and keen eye has provided you with the ability to tell if someone has an blood disease. You have quickly learned how this new virus spreads, acts and looks. Using your abilities, you can check one person's blood each night, learning if they have the virus. Be careful, though, as a vaccine is just an innate version of the virus; it will be hard to distinguish between the two situations.

Summary
    • You may test someone's blood at night, learning if they are Infected or not.
    • If you test someone's blood who was targeted by the Doctor the same night, they will appear to be Infected.

Lab Tech

You are an entry level employee for BioMed Industries. Your work consists of the menial tasks around the laboratory. You don't have any specializing skills one way or another, and are just hoping to live long enough to get your pay cheque.

Summary
    • You are a basic Citizen with no action.

Infected Employee

You were an employee of BioMed Industries before coming into contact with the virus. Now you are nothing but a host. Your only instinct now is to lie, hide, and survive until you can infect another person, entering their body and their account. At night time, you may select another player to infect with the disease; this causes the host body to die in the process. If you are unable to infect another player within 2 nights, your host's body will die of exhaustion.

Summary
    • You may infect someone during the night.
    • You die upon successful conversion, and take over the infected player's account.
    • Players are not informed of failed infection.
    • If you do not successfully infect another player within 2 nights, you will die.
    • If you are targetted by the Doctor, you are roleblocked. You are informed of this.
    • You do not know who the Scientist is.

Win Conditions

Scientist: Eliminate all the Lab Techs, the Doctor, and the Blood Analyst.
    Doctor: Eliminate the Scientist and the Infection and have one Doctor/Blood Analyst/Lab Tech alive.
    Blood Analyst: Eliminate the Scientist and the Infection and have one Doctor/Blood Analyst/Lab Tech alive.
    Lab Tech: Eliminate the Scientist and the Infection and have one Doctor/Blood Analyst/Lab Tech alive.
    Infected Employee: Eliminate all the Lab Techs, the Doctor, and the Blood Analyst.

1v1 Tie Breakers

Scientist > Doctor > Infected Employee > Blood Analyst/Lab Tech

Order of Operations

0. Scientist Infects.
    1. Doctor Vaccinates.
    2. Infection Spreads.
    3. Blood Analyst Checks.

Death Descriptions

Died from infection = Successfully infected another player.
    Died from exhaustion = 2 days without infecting.

Purple was added to clarify rules and the Infected Employee rolecard on April the 2nd, 2020, for the S-FM Ladder, season 7, game 2. The setup is played the exact same way it was played before.
    Last edited by Forum Mafia GM; April 2nd, 2020 at 05:53 AM. Reason: Edited solely for clarification purpose; no mechanic has been changed. Edit meant for S-FM Ladder, season 7, game 2.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: S-FM : BioMed Industries

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    So, just a disguiser?
    Scientist would still need to be around to infect, correct? I'm guess yes, just cause if the Disguiser dies early, then Scientist is boned.
    As an observer of that game, I suggest that if someone dies from exhaustion, instead of dying from exhaustion, he jumps into another persons random account.

Also, can the scientist be infected?
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

4. ISO #4

So, just a disguiser?
    Scientist would still need to be around to infect, correct? I'm guess yes, just cause if the Disguiser dies early, then Scientist is boned.
    Disguiser that can disguise over and over. He will have to adapt to new player's posting style.

Also it gives more incentive to lynch. If they take your body you stay town (as win condition) so less infected people win if they win
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Disguiser that can disguise over and over. He will have to adapt to new player's posting style.

Also it gives more incentive to lynch. If they take your body you stay town (as win condition) so less infected people win if they win
    That's actually a good point that less people win. I did get the vibe that some people thought that everyone could win, didn't like that.
    Yea, I think it could work well with a disguiser. I'd still have the same factors, like failing to disguise twice in a row = death. and Scientist can reinfect a new diguiser if a disguiser dies.

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    As an observer of that game, I suggest that if someone dies from exhaustion, instead of dying from exhaustion, he jumps into another persons random account.

Also, can the scientist be infected?
    Sorry, didn't see this before I posted.
    By jumping to a random account, does that mean the Disguiser still lives even if he fails? I kind of put that rule in there so that if a player is roleblocked/stopped twioce, or decided to not act 1 night and then is stopped the next night, there are consequences for the viral faction. I'm not sure if it would be fair for the town to be able to find the Disguiser and roleblock him, and then he disguises anyways (possibly onto the doctor that is saving the game).
    It is an idea to consider, though.

The Scientist can't be infected, as he made himself immune to the infection.

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

I just remembered why I chose not to make the Infected Employee a Disguiser the first time around. It was to prevent players from using Disguiser codes. I worry that if I make him a disguiser, everyone will just use shitty codes to confirm that they haven't been disguised.
    I'd like to make a rule about no codes, but idk how that'd go over.

11. ISO #11

I just remembered why I chose not to make the Infected Employee a Disguiser the first time around. It was to prevent players from using Disguiser codes. I worry that if I make him a disguiser, everyone will just use shitty codes to confirm that they haven't been disguised.
    I'd like to make a rule about no codes, but idk how that'd go over.
    Just ban codes I hate those!
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

12. ISO #12

Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Just ban codes I hate those!
    Yea I could just do that. I guess if people aren't making super obvious codes like:

Hh828390109kkjkhdkjahsdkjnrmnnrlqq if I don't solve this tmr I'm disguised;

then I don't really care lol. Or I'll make it so if you make a code, you have to PM me the solution. and then the disguiser has access to the solution too, making codes irrelevant.

Probably just say no codes, tho

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

Re: S-FM : BioMed Industries (9P)

Bump. As per popular request, this setup has been added to the FM Ladder's setup list (season 7).
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

19. ISO #19