New Role: Bastion
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

New Role: Bastion

Ok so some people think Blackmailing is too weak (I don't agree) but it made me think of a role that if implemented, might make the Blackmailing buff worthwhile.

Bastion is a town protective that is a martyr. He's like Beguiler but in reverse. Whatever was supposed to happen to the target instead happens to the Bastion.

He could pull blackmails off people, sacrifice himself for a more important role, cover a Sheriff that is getting RBed by a Consort, you name it.

Whatever Bastion wants to do, he will take the fall for you.

2. ISO #2

Re: New Role: Bastion

I support this type of role fully. Kill sided it's a weak bodyguard, but feedback sided it's very clean and a protective role I think the game would benefit from.

It would need to be clarified that it takes things that happen to the person, rather than all actions though. So, sheriffs still detect properly, lookouts watch the right guy, etc.

3. ISO #3

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Lord Slaolzin View Post
    I support this type of role fully. Kill sided it's a weak bodyguard, but feedback sided it's very clean and a protective role I think the game would benefit from.

It would need to be clarified that it takes things that happen to the person, rather than all actions though. So, sheriffs still detect properly, lookouts watch the right guy, etc.
    i'm not against the idea, but it kinda feels like it's a less powerful bus driver. A bus driver that can only bus people with themselves and who's people swapping ability only goes 1 way.

Could lead to some interesting night actions tho .
    7 - sheriff
    8 - bastion, protects 7.
    9 - witch - tries to control 7 to visit 15.
    10 - enforcer - tries to kill 7.

What happens? .
    If the witch hits the bastion, then the bastion gets redirected to 15. but if the bastion gets redirected to 15 then does the witch still hit him since the witch targeted 7 .
    or more importantly, is the bastion still protecting 7 and does the enforcer hit him or 7 .

That said, i actually kinda like it. I think if the 'silencing removes voting' change gets implemented then we should have an extra role that's capable of preventing it put in as well. t.
    Last edited by Mentar; February 17th, 2015 at 07:47 PM.

4. ISO #4

The only way that it is not like Bus Driver is that Bus Driver never negates an action. The changing and control over actions is an amazing impact sometimes, but never actually does anything within itself, just misdirection. Bastion creates a sort of vacuum that protects it's target from bad things. Even without the Blackmailer buff I think this role sounds perfect. Not broken in any way, but the perfect little protective role that does more than kill someone different - looking at you BG and BD.

5. ISO #5

I support this role for similar reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM-Shocked Kirby Face View Post
    Deathworlds is simply better than us at this game. Don't kill them for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by lawson View Post
    Bus Driver does exactly what this role would do
    This statement is incorrect.

- Situation 1 -
    Sheriff -> A
    Framer -> A
    "A is a scummy nigga"

- Situation Bus Driver -
    Sheriff -> A
    Framer -> A
    Bus Driver -> A/B
    "A is a scummy nigga"

- Situation Bastion -
    Sheriff -> A
    Framer -> A
    Bastion -> A
    "A is a quality individual"

- Situation Bastionlike Bus Driver -
    Serial Killer -> Bus Driver
    Bus Driver -> Bus Driver/Sheriff
    Sheriff goes boom

- Situation Bastionlike Bastion -
    Serial Killer -> Bastion
    Bastion -> Sheriff
    Bastion still goes boom

If the role is built to not interfere with investigation because it only draws things that affect a player, assuming that Sheriff/Invest/Detective/Lookout visit without fully affecting, then it is a Bodyguard of sorts for Framing, Blocking, Blackmail, Douses, and Witching. There is no full counter for these things atm. And no matter how you slice a Bus Driver, the player you are trying to protect can still fall victim to things in the new house, where as Bastion prevents anything bad from hitting the guy for the night.

8. ISO #8

I like the idea of the bastion being able to redirect certain evil roles to himself, gives the town a sense of protection. Its just a bit like a bodyguard however it happens with peoples abilities and not just killing the important roles. In a sense, its like a combination of 2 roles but with the sense of redirecting abilities.

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10